S CAROLINA -28
MSU -18
LSU -17 $$$
Texas 1H -21.5 .7/.6
USC 1H -27.5 . 7/.63
Texas Tech-3/Cal +.5--teaser
WVU-WMUo44.5/Neb-11/Ill-Mizzu o46---teaser .60/.50
13 tm 20 pt teaser

This is what I have so far will likely play 2 more once i get a feel for a few more games i wanna hit...need horns advice on mizzo and neb for sure.

Last edited:
I'm on it Stacks. Just so ya know, I'm probably gonna straight tail all your plays this year since my job isn't allowing me time to pore over all the matchups. Plus, I was pretty up and down anyways. No pressure, haha.

haha sounds good....if i'm on it you know bar and horn and cb and hunt and rj prolly are too 90% of the time we all think alike thats why i like this forum do what you gotta do bro, plenty of other good cappers in ettg and jump and gottie, etc etc....hell killa did 72% in limited games but still hit high %

as I said on your other thread, I'm already down on the Noles at -2. Had it circled for weeks. And I done got me an early addict fix by getting down now.

GL to us

Sacks

What's up bro! Thank god you started this thread, I am sooooo ready for football (college in particular). Can't agree more with this one, ACC is my gig. I honestly don't care where the line ends up, I'll be on the Noles regardless. Son Bowden can't win the big ones, too much pressure on Boby now that he got rid of soo many coaches (no one else to take the heat), The Chin back on the D, alot of starters back have FSU winning by double digits...take that one to the bank bro!

FSU is the game that sticks out to me, I like it.

Just waiting for pinny to put out some lines and I'm all over it.

Sacks - something else to look out for is the total in the Miami/Marshall game if there is one posted....take the UNDER. Also, consider the UNDER in all UM games until they prove they can score. Their D will be sick but that offense has been horrible. Adding the OC from GT is not the best hire in my opinion...he was a QB at Auburn for God sake! Just something to consider. Also, consider GT and BC (they should be putting up some points this year w/Ryan at QB).

troy..

FSU-2
UCONN -6
IOWA -11

TEXAS -37
S CAROLINA -28
MSU -18
FSU - 2
LSU -17

This is what I have so far will likely play 2 more once i get a feel for a few more games i wanna hit...need horns advice on mizzo and neb for sure.

Although I do not like to bet on my team, I think Nebraskas is a coin toss. Maurice Purify is out for this game (suspension), he is the playmaker at wr!! I recommend you to stay away from this game.
I do like Bowling Green + 17.5 vs Minny, especially with the gopher suspensions...
Love your picks!!

I took the Corn at -19. New QB for Nevada making his first start in Lincoln. I smell turnovers and easy scores for the Corn. Plus, I will be there to influence the game.

Never trust Mizzou as a fav. They lay an egg in this kind of spot so often we should refer to them as the Hens. No play for me on this one. Zook vs. Pinkel should be like a couple of retards playing Connect 4.

I took the Corn at -19. New QB for Nevada making his first start in Lincoln. I smell turnovers and easy scores for the Corn. Plus, I will be there to influence the game.

Never trust Mizzou as a fav. They lay an egg in this kind of spot so often we should refer to them as the Hens. No play for me on this one. Zook vs. Pinkel should be like a couple of retards playing Connect 4.[/quote]

:36_11_6:

looks good. I guess the only thing that scares me is that eveyone and their mom is on FSU it seems. In the past I've steered away from those games, but thats just me. But card looks great

Never trust Mizzou as a fav. They lay an egg in this kind of spot so often we should refer to them as the Hens. No play for me on this one. Zook vs. Pinkel should be like a couple of retards playing Connect 4.

wow that is an instant classic

msu to the bank. the rout will be on. i like em all 'cept uconn.

duke will hang in this one. i think they can hang at home because they can and will score on uconn. not a bad money line shot imo.

uconn will have a solid d.. you underestimate them a lot; do you know anything about them dmart? they are returning a lot of starters..

uconn's run O is going to dictate this game; their running offense will be tops in the nation, and duke won't be able to keep their defense off the field

uconn will have a solid d.. you underestimate them a lot; do you know anything about them dmart? they are returning a lot of starters..

uconn's run O is going to dictate this game; their running offense will be tops in the nation, and duke won't be able to keep their defense off the field

nope, i just pull picks out of my ass and throw my money out the window.
i know all about uconns d. they are good but i say duke will throw on them. offensively, the devils have some good match ups at the skill positions as far as i'm concerned. as a 6 point home dog i'll take the points. the game will be close imo and the dukies know that it is one of their only winnable games on their schedule.
:cheers:

if you know uconn's D, then you know their strength is their defensive back position, where they have top notch athletes in tyvon branch, terry baltimore, and darius butler who are all nfl-caliber players

Cubsker comes up with the best quote of the early year so far; would expect nothing less from a Nebraska fan when referring to one of their B12n brethren. Only thing I would add is that Callahan is no prize either...still a little pissed about that bowl game and fake punt last year vs Auburn. Ok...

Hey Stacks...I see you're in midseason form already; I am not as apt as to finalize my card this early as some of the solid 'cappers here are, esp you and CB who appear to have everything set already.

Nevertheless, I am on Florida St -1' already (The Greek) as my only play so far; BAR mentioned it in his thread already, but I just love a wicked defense (FSU top 10 D) going after an inexperienced OL and a new QB early in the year; there should be a lot of short fields for the 'Nole offense in this one and I see them winning a hard fought contest. Add in a double revenge angle and I really like this play the best (so far) in week 1.

Virginia kind of qualifies as well under the same scenario, though their front 7 isn't as good as the 'Noles and Wyoming has an experienced QB (and a very green OL). I was hoping for 3 or less here though. Another thing about Wyoming's home field being a MWC guy myself...they are a perenially slow team but grow their grass higher than just about any other school...this and the altitude often mitigates any speed advantage a visitor (like UVA) may have...also see San Diego St during the Marshall Faulk/Darnay Scott years...they never won in Laramie (going from memory here but I'm almost positive).

As usual, I don't seem to be finding any dogs the 1st week; my week 1 dog LY, utah, got annihilated. I really like South Carolina @ -28, since I think they will be an elite SEC team this year, but the spread has climbed over this barrier...asleep at the wheel unfortunately.

Texas will be a play for me strictly out of principle; they've been free money in the past at numbers such as this vs similar competition.

I simply cannot get any sort of feel for that Connecticut/Duke game...when I look at that game all I see is Coack K and Coach Calhoun, LOL.

Same with Iowa...NIU played Iowa tough LY (during a horrid stretch for the Hawkeyes). I see you, CB and Garfather are all on the Hawkeyes, which in itself is quite powerful, but none of you wrote the game up, so I am not seeing this one yet myself. Would appreciate some thoughts here from any of you three.

LSU looks solid considering how they've owned MSU the last 4 or 5 yrs; Miles has actually covered these heavy numbers against the downtrodden. Steele thinks MSU is one of the most improved teams, but is it enough? Doubtful...guessing Miss St comes out strong and gets some stops but eventually implodes as usual.

Steele has UAB as the 3rd weakest team in Div 1; enough said.

One game that I will look hard at today is Kent St/Iowa St; I actually have Kent as the better team and they are catching over a FG. Nevertheless, it is the B12 vs the MAC at a short number and I need to review this game further. Notice the spread has been bet down as well so I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Look forward to much discussion this year Stacks; I'm backing off the NFL some this year (time management and I just love college that much more) so I hope to be around more Sunday's AM to discuss early lines with you, RJ, CB and the rest of the gang.

Best of luck 'bro and thanks for the advice a couple weeks back on the offshores...you were spot on!

:cheers:

some other thoughts and leans:

KSU- Auburn is 1-6 ATS L7 as a DD fav. Will look at KSU a little more getting 2 TDs and y help here would be great guys.

Ball St-13-6 ATS as a MAC fav and 8-3 ATS as a home fav might deserve a look being at home laying under a TD, might just be about 3 pointds too high in terms of value

BG-4-1 ATS as a DD dog L5 years. As bad as this team has been those years they seem to be able to keep it close for the most part and not get blown out. With suspensions on MInny who knows could turn into a play for me.

Buffalo laying 30+ is a bit tasty as they are 7-3 ATS when dogs of 20+. Will rutgers really wanna run it up that much?

Cal- this line is about 2 points away from em pulling the trigger. Longshore andJackson are just too tempting to take especially at home. If this drops to 3 i will likely be on it.

CSU- 3-0ATS as a dog in the rivalry came as a dog. CSU has a big and tall defensive front that return 9 starters on both sides of the ball. You wanna taek the bufs but they start a qb who stands 5'10" and is a rfrosh. Love Hawkins but if this gets to +4 i might have to take the rams

GT-11-3 ATS in first rad gm of the year.

MIzzo- kinda warming up to this game at a small number. Ill is 1-5 ATS v. the tigers

ISU- kent is 3-8 ATS L11 openers. I kinda liek this line but would like o see 3.

Mem-14-7 SU as a home dog since 98 as well as revenge game fro last year. I need +4 to pull the trigger or a soilid ML to hit up.

MTSU-8-0 ATS in road openers and 6-1 ATS on road v SBC thi sis def an under the radar game lets take a look at this more carefully please

OU- NTEX is 2-11 ATS as DD dog since '03. OU has beaten SBC opp avg score of 48-6

UGA- at a TD fav @ hoem looks great. OSU is 8-22 ATS as an away dog L8 years

Toledo- as TD dogs this looks good @ home. 1-5 ATS is the stat that sticks out as Purdue has gone v. MAC teams since '02

Syracuse-28-8 ATS v non-conf opp since 99

Troy-5-1 ATS in home openers and Ark very one dimensional against a defens that allowed 16 ppg last year returns 8 on D. They should be able to stay within 3 TDs I would think

ULM- getting 6 against a first year coach and a team that resturns 11 on offense!!!!.Tulsa uis also 1-10ATS in road openers as well

WazzuSt-wisky is 3-8 ATS in openers and with a cougars team that should be decent 2 TDs is too much for a wisky team that bring in a new QB. no upset here but ithink we see a 31-20 final here

please help me cap theses games with any insight or knowledge of these games. woudl liek to play 2 more games

Thanks Troy...

Leaning the other way as I mentioned on Kent St...will probably pass though unless the spread climbs back up.

The two I'm really looking hard at are Missouri and Troy; Illinois will be improved, but they're almost getting too much press. Concern here is that Illini may be better in trenches and getting points...pretty much a play on sign. Really love Missou offense though. Do you think Illinois will control the line of scrimages in this game?

You nailed it on the head with Troy...respectable defense vs a 1-dimensional offense and getting a ton of points; we will need Troy to move the ball a bit and pick up a couple scores...I think they're capable with that quarterback. Not sure which way this number will move. Would jump on it if it ever went to 4 touches.

def agree with troy game. Illinois i think may be too public while mizzo is getting no repsect. chase daniels is nasty

some other thoughts and leans:

KSU- Auburn is 1-6 ATS L7 as a DD fav. Will look at KSU a little more getting 2 TDs and y help here would be great guys. I am not that high on Auburn to begin with an wouldn't consider laying nearly two TD's with them so can't play the shot on the dog here.

Ball St-13-6 ATS as a MAC fav and 8-3 ATS as a home fav might deserve a look being at home laying under a TD, might just be about 3 pointds too high in terms of value. Ummm this is a MAC game so that means I would automatically take the dog.

BG-4-1 ATS as a DD dog L5 years. As bad as this team has been those years they seem to be able to keep it close for the most part and not get blown out. With suspensions on MInny who knows could turn into a play for me. BG offense should be much improve and at least provide a shot at a backdoor if anything. This line is a little high on the Minnesota side of things. Minnesota with a new qb and lost top 2 receivers is going to rely on the legs of Amir Pinnix, just don't think they can score enough here.

Buffalo laying 30+ is a bit tasty as they are 7-3 ATS when dogs of 20+. Will rutgers really wanna run it up that much? I think RU is going to make this game a Ray Rice highlight tape and so how much they score depends on how much he scores. Buffalo was dogs of 30+ last yr twice and they went 1-1 ATS. They do have 18guys back but unsure how much they score in this game. I guess if they got a TD, they have a legit chance to cover.

Cal- this line is about 2 points away from em pulling the trigger. Longshore andJackson are just too tempting to take especially at home. If this drops to 3 i will likely be on it. I like this spread at Cal -3 but not sure how much higher I would go. There is the revenge factor. There is the unknowns in the passing game for Tenn at WR, Cal improved at DB position, Cal home, DB's on Tenn not good enough to stop Hawkins, Jordan, and Jackson.

CSU- 3-0ATS as a dog in the rivalry came as a dog. CSU has a big and tall defensive front that return 9 starters on both sides of the ball. You wanna taek the bufs but they start a qb who stands 5'10" and is a rfrosh. Love Hawkins but if this gets to +4 i might have to take the rams. no take here

GT-11-3 ATS in first rad gm of the year. Love GT to win SU here so the points are just a bonus. Major advantage in the trenches for GT and ND offense will look like shit vs. a veteran defense that is good. Front 7 for GT is too strong and GT running game should be able to pound away all day.

MIzzo- kinda warming up to this game at a small number. Ill is 1-5 ATS v. the tigers. I kind of like Mizzo as a team and think Illy has a little hype in their favor. If not anything else, this game is going over the total. Mizzo prob hits around 30-35 themselves.

ISU- kent is 3-8 ATS L11 openers. I kinda liek this line but would like o see 3. Ahh ISU fuked me in the opener last yr vs. the MAC, I will stay far away.

Mem-14-7 SU as a home dog since 98 as well as revenge game fro last year. I need +4 to pull the trigger or a soilid ML to hit up..Like the home dog here at +4 def.

MTSU-8-0 ATS in road openers and 6-1 ATS on road v SBC thi sis def an under the radar game lets take a look at this more carefully please. skipped

OU- NTEX is 2-11 ATS as DD dog since '03. OU has beaten SBC opp avg score of 48-6. OU is going to pound them hard, might be a 1st half play I consider.

UGA- at a TD fav @ hoem looks great. OSU is 8-22 ATS as an away dog L8 years. UGA defense is going to be tested by the Ok St offense that averaged over 200yards passing/rushing. There is no one in the UGA defensive backfield that can put a clamp on Bowman now that Oliver is gone. I think UGA is going to show a few weaknesses in this game but don't think Ok St has the defense to win this game on the road.

Toledo- as TD dogs this looks good @ home. 1-5 ATS is the stat that sticks out as Purdue has gone v. MAC teams since '02. Toledo has a vicious record at home (30-4) and they are 2-1 against Purdue. The odd thing about that record, the last time these two teams played was Tiller's first yr coaching at Purdue where they lost. Purdue is a .500 team on the road under Tiller as well and they played 2 MAC teams last yr (38-31 over Miami in OT and 38-28 over Ball St), both of which were at home. I liked Purdue to win this game but not at -7, not a chance.

Syracuse-28-8 ATS v non-conf opp since 99. I am not very high on Cuse this yr and think they are in for a long season. It is a cross country travel for Washington and they are playing in the Dome but Cuse has really nothing to be scared of on offense or defense. I think Washington can win this game by more than 3 points.

Troy-5-1 ATS in home openers and Ark very one dimensional against a defens that allowed 16 ppg last year returns 8 on D. They should be able to stay within 3 TDs I would think. I think it is very possible that Troy can stay within 3 TD's in this game. They might have enough speed on defense to at least put up a little fight vs. an offense where they know what is coming. I think Arkansas is overrated this yr and won't have the same success as last yr.

ULM- getting 6 against a first year coach and a team that resturns 11 on offense!!!!.Tulsa uis also 1-10ATS in road openers as well. Like Monroe here +points and think this game goes over. Monroe can score some points and Tulsa won't be nearly the same team they were last yr. They have a strong QB/RB combo but that new offense makes it seem like they are getting away from those strengths. They don't have much at receiver but the coach is a good one, anyone who can take Rice from 1-10 and take them to a bowl in his first yr deserves some credit.

WazzuSt-wisky is 3-8 ATS in openers and with a cougars team that should be decent 2 TDs is too much for a wisky team that bring in a new QB. no upset here but ithink we see a 31-20 final here. I think Wash St can hang within the number here as well.

please help me cap theses games with any insight or knowledge of these games. woudl liek to play 2 more games

Best of luck, just some other plays I would throw out there to consider.

USC 1st Half: Seriously with that defense, Idaho might have 1 first down in the 1st half if they are lucky. I would lay -30 in the first half but will take the -21 or so that the spread will be. USC names the score here.

Zona +4.5: I am not on the Arizona bandwagon to the fullest but I do think with a strong defense this team should be able to beat BYU at home. This is another case of a fresh QB vs. a good defense. BYU also does not have the running game they had last yr as well. Have to believe that the loss of Beck sets the offense back a little bit and Arizona has just enough to pull out the SU win.

Last edited:
I am coming around on that UConn play. I think Duke will be better, but we probably won't see improvement until later on in the year. They shit the bed in their opener last year from what I remember (shutout by Richmond?), showing me that preparation is a concern. I could definitely see the Huskies winning this one by a TD or more, similar to what they did at Indiana last year.

I already bet FSU. Call it a hunch, but their defense should give Clemson's young OL and QB fits, and I think Bobby's team avenges two consecutive losses to the lesser program. I think this line gets to a FG or more by gametime, so it's wise to bet it now. The FSU coaching additions are HUGE.

I'm getting an eerie feeling on Michigan State. Couldn't you see them just grinding this one out and winning by 14-17? UAB should be bad, but Dantonio is not the kinda guy who is good enough to have his new team blowing out opponents in Week 1. I still could never support a UAB play, but I'm just not getting a good feel for the Spartans and am losing interest in laying that much chalk. In this situation, John L. would be much better.

I like the rest of your plays, other than Iowa, which I can't really get a feel for. Too many questions there IMO.

GL...

Linde, UAB is going to be very very very bad this yr. I don't think it will take much to put 30+ on them,

I know, I know...just a weird feeling. Extremely weird feeling.

You gotta be confident in your plays, and that's one of those I would rate at the bottom of my list if you wanted me to rank them. That's not good.

Leans

Syracuse +4
Virginia -4
Memphis +3
Iowa -11
Wisconsin -14
Pitt -21
CAL -4.5
Troy +26.5

Troy, I follow SEC more than any other conference but you have me wondering... why So Carolina -28? I am not doubting, more of just looking for reasoning behind the play.

Others in the forum please opine as well (especially etg). I think So Carolina is a good team this year, hell I am considering taking them at 5-to-1 on my money to win the SEC East. But I do not see a blowout here. I think Spurrier will rest, somewhat, once he is ahead... He has UGA in Wk 2!!

Also, while I'm posting, I figured I might as well get this question out:

Does UGA dropping from -9 to -7 versus OK St not interest anyone?

I think I remember reading somewhere that, you Stacks, think it will be a close one in Wk 1 between these two. I am left asking -- why is UGA ranked if no one is raving about their defense? Also, articles are being printed everywhere about how their offense has been shit in scrimmage? Why the ranking if they are not even going to beat an unranked OK St team by a TD in Wk 1?

Troy, I follow SEC more than any other conference but you have me wondering... why So Carolina -28? I am not doubting, more of just looking for reasoning behind the play.

Others in the forum please opine as well (especially etg). I think So Carolina is a good team this year, hell I am considering taking them at 5-to-1 on my money to win the SEC East. But I do not see a blowout here. I think Spurrier will rest, somewhat, once he is ahead... He has UGA in Wk 2!!

Well here is what I think about this game. What is ULL going to try and do on offense? Run the ball, especially with a new QB. What is the absolute strength of the Gamecock defense? The front 7. I would be surprised to see ULL get more than 10points this game btw. On offense, I would be surprised if SC did not score on every possession in the first half with their first team out there. Remember Succop can kick from outside 50 with consistency, they are saying he hit a 63+yarder in practice but I still have my doubts about that, anyway the kid is solid and unless Jarvis Moss is jumping, he is pretty money for 3 points. Now what is important this yr and is different from past years is that after SC puts up a big 1st half lead, the 2nd team will come in and play most of the 2nd half imo, However, the gap between the 2nd team QB and the 1st team QB is narrowing everyday. At RB, Maddox will be a true frosh in his first game, the kid is going to give it his all. The WR's that will be playing are all young but talented. The 2nd team OL is not much drop off from the first team OL except at the tackle spots. There is a lot of competition on this team this yr so the guys who didn't start will be giving 110% so they can get a look vs. UGA the next week. The defense is deep and I don't see them letting off the gas either. The DL is 8-9 players deep and will be fresh all game. I think the 1st half is a safer pick but I think the Gamecocks cover anything under 30. Remember, this is Spurrier and he LOVES to run the score up when given the opportunity, see MTSU 52-7 last yr. Also, this is the opening game in Columbia, there is a lot of excitement in the city, Spurrier is excited about the coming yr, the fans want nothing less than a complete blowout, regardless of what team is on deck. Spurrier will take care of business and keep the team healthy.

Back