Week of September 17th thru 20th Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
20-12-2 +9.30 units

Lets look back at last week:

Added Maryland late. Gotta thank scdoggy for starting a thread looking for information of when California was flying in and the effects. It really got me looking at that game more and more and I finally added. As Jump said in his thread, it was a perfect situational game. Wish I had gone stronger on it. Just was little short on time last week. Very impressive performance by the Terrapins in a game that was much more of a blowout than the final score would indicate. Iowa was both a tough and easy loss to take. An intentional safety sucks but at same point it woulda been a lucky frontdoor cover with the kick return. Iowa State was the right side so I can take solace in that. Central Michigan got off to another slow start in the Ohio game. They actually settled down defensively for a bit and took a 10 point lead. Sure enough they gave up a 77 yard play to make the game a push with 6 minutes left. I still think this was slightly the right side but at same point I put money on a team that has yet to play a complete game. I'll settle with the push. Same goes with Georgia. I liked SC's defense this year but it was even better than what I had seen so far. I was wrong, its just how that series goes. Congrats if you had a 7.5 on the Cocks. The BYU play was sexy as hell. I honestly went a tad bigger on Saturday. Got another 1.5 units down on a soft local line. Didn't feel like posting it when it was 8's by that time. So, that one felt really good. Ucla owed me that after the Tenny and ASU last year debacles. Really glad I manned up and played Penn State as well. Morelli was addition by subtraction. Really think Syracuse needs to drop the football program. They are pitiful. Little fundamentals they can barely handle. Georgia Tech has been a cashing machine last few weeks for us. Good coaching will get you a few more wins ATS. Wish they would have won honestly. Kida rooting for this team this season. They are gutty and have a nice future ahead of them in the ACC. Joe Ganz had a solid all-around game and Nebraska waxed NMSU. RJ got me first thinking about this game before lines came out and it was a no-brainer. Defense played better as well. NMSU's first drive was nice but they were then stifled till late third quarter. Connecticut was another late addition and a game that was pretty much over early on. Virginia is in that Syracuse territory of being horrible and had a green QB starting. Nuff said. San Jose St played really well in Lincoln the week before. You had a SDSU team that coulda won in South Bend. Such a let down spot and we got under a TD. Another capped well game. Very happy with it as it was complete domination. The Fresno State play was there for the taking. I guess the missed FG's offset the Wisky fumble. The Badgers just made the critical plays. Thought we were gonna get that one late. Re-watched game last night and have same sentiments this time(i.e. sober). And that brings us to Arizona. Nothing to really say. New Mexico controlled the ball and let Zona make the mistakes. Capped wrong.

So, the big loss on Arizona hurt the profits quite a bit. Overall though, felt I capped really well last week and thats a confidence builder I will take.

Heres what's locked in: Write-ups on these later:

Kansas State -4 -110 3 units
Florida -7 -110 3 units
Uconn -12 -110 3 units
Byu -29 -110 2 units
Florida/Tenn O51.5 -110 2 units
Wake Forest +4.5
Toledo +7 2 units
UCLA +3
Ohio State -20.5 -110
Iowa -1 -110 2 units
Va Tech +3.5 -110
Georgia -7 -110
Iowa +2 -110

Here is what else tempted me intially. May still add:

Purdue -10.5
-I think Painter will pass all over this bunch. Was 45-22 last year I believe. It was uglier than that though.

Tamu +4
-Situational spot and revenge angle. Not liking how the offense is adjusting yet. Think this is going to be an ugly battle though and low scoring.

Toledo +7
-Glass Bowl is a tough venue. This is the rematch from the Tuesday night Bruce shave game a few years back out in the valley. I think this is also a letdown spot for Fresno off a tough physical game with Wisky.

Iowa +1
-Would of played right away of not for it being off a rivalry game.

Wake +4
-Great dog and not sold on FSU just yet. This game will be telling. Prolly should just wait it out and see what FSU is made off but still on my radar.

UCLA +2.5
-Yup, lol. Read what Yanks has to say in his thread. Pretty much what I am thinking.

Last edited:
I'm playing KSU as well..the other three no real opinion...althought that BYU line is ridic....and value is nonexistant IMO..would like thoughts on it other than WYO's awful..

for the leans..

Aggie yup...looking at it too.
Toledo...again yup, prolly gonna play it small
Leaning FSU...I think Wake will be popular but there's alot going into that one IMO...more later..

GL and FU.

I understand the value may be out of BYU but at this point I wouldn't be suprised to see a 42-0 final. I may get reversed-burned by Wyoming but this is just a bad team right now. Really bad. We saw what kinda passing game the Bobcats generated against them. Max is gonna have another huge game imo. With that offense we will see turnovers and short fields befitting the Cougars all day long.

The KSU love on this board is staggering...Prince is 0-4 ATS as an away favorite. Maybe I don't realize how bad Louisville sucks...

With you on BYU as well BAR as I made the line 35; wish I could expound per Jump's request, but I can't really...Wyo needed +3 in TO's to get by NDSU last week. This is a conference opener with no one of significance on deck (Utah St, sorry VK!) and quite frankly, BYU needs style points even this early. Here's an article outta Provo.

BYU football: BYU's Mountain West opener

<!--subtitle-->Wyoming at BYU 1 p.m., the mtn.
<!--byline-->By Jay Drew
The Salt Lake Tribune
<!--date-->Article Last Updated: 09/15/2008 02:10:58 AM MDT

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </SCRIPT>PROVO - They are coming off one of the most impressive wins in school history, their quarterback is being mentioned as a long-shot Heisman Trophy candidate, and they are seemingly back in the good graces of the pollsters.
Naturally, the BYU Cougars spent Sunday thinking about . . . the Wyoming Cowboys.
At least, that's what defensive end Jan Jorgensen and tight end Dennis Pitta said was going to happen, as the Cougars - ranked 14th by AP and 11th in the coaches poll - tried to put memories of Saturday's masterful 59-0 win over UCLA and quarterback Max Hall's seven touchdown passes behind them.
"It is never hard to get up for Wyoming," Jorgensen said. "We know that they consider this a rivalry game, and we know that they are going to come out and they are going to give us everything they have. They always do. So we will be up for Wyoming."
The Cowboys are 2-1, but are hardly being looked at as a threat to end BYU's 13-game winning streak. Wyoming eked out a 16-13 win over North Dakota State of the lower-division Football Championship Subdivision on Saturday after trailing 10-0 in Laramie.
It will be Wyoming's first road game of the season, after the Cowboys beat Ohio 21-20 in their opener and then fell 23-3 to Air Force the following week.
"I think it will be easy [to get up for Wyoming], because our focus is the Mountain West Conference," Pitta said. "We need to win it again this year. This is our conference opener at home, and so we are going to be focused and we are going to be ready to go."
BYU has won its last four games against Wyoming, including a 35-10 victory in Laramie last year and a 55-7 win in Provo in 2006.
drew@sltrib.com

Horses, spot on about the style points. Didn't mention that but it's def part of why I like it as well. I didn't see much positive looking at thwe NDSU-WYO box as far as Wyoming goes. They have done little to impress me this year at all. They are godawful.

And I'll expound more on KSU-UL later on...

gl bar...lookin forward to your ksu analysis too, as i am leaning louisville as well

baylor's style of play doesn't concern you with uconn? looking forward to your thoughts on that game as well...

20-12-2 +9.30 units

And that brings us to Arizona. Nothing to really say. New Mexico controlled the ball and let Zona make the mistakes. Capped wrong.

Florida -7 -110 3 units
Uconn -12 -110 3 units
Byu -29 -110 2 units

Purdue -10.5
-I think Painter will pass all over this bunch. Was 45-22 last year I believe. It was uglier than that though.

Tamu +4
-Situational spot and revenge angle. Not liking how the offense is adjusting yet. Think this is going to be an ugly battle though and low scoring.

Toledo +7
-Glass Bowl is a tough venue. This is the rematch from the Tuesday night Bruce shave game a few years back out in the valley. I think this is also a letdown spot for Fresno off a tough physical game with Wisky.

Iowa +1

Wake +4
-Great dog and not sold on FSU just yet. This game will be telling. Prolly should just wait it out and see what FSU is made off but still on my radar.

UCLA +2.5
-Yup, lol. Read what Yanks has to say in his thread. Pretty much what I am thinking.

1.) I tailed you on that AZ game, I am now positive you are Mr. Bator.

Glad to see someone else liking UCONN. There defense is tough, and I'm confused why the line is coming down, even though I think it was pretty close at 14, would have liked to see 10, but would bite at 11-13.

Glad to see you on Florida. Yeah they smoked them last year. Yeah they have revenge, but this was the same team that got beat by UCLA???????? The same UCLA team that got demolished by BYU. They have flaws, Meyer will exploit them.

Toledo at home, Fresno off the biggest game in school history...enough said. Your the king of situational handicapping, figured you would like this.

Iowa doesnt bother me a bit. They play the Iowa St game every year, and every year its close. I see no letdown for Iowa. Big Ten vs Big East, Big Ten team as a dog.....Lets Play.

Any concern about McGee's status for TAMU? Thought I saw he was questionable for this weekend.

Starting to Love Kansas State and also leaning towards Florida :cheers: Best of luck this WK

Horses, spot on about the style points. Didn't mention that but it's def part of why I like it as well. I didn't see much positive looking at thwe NDSU-WYO box as far as Wyoming goes. They have done little to impress me this year at all. They are godawful.

And I'll expound more on KSU-UL later on...

Wyoming should have gotten their shit-holes blown out. ND St had 2 key INTs in the 1h, and another in the final 2 minutes that allowed Wyoming to kick the game winner.

Wyoming gained 1/3 of their total offensive production on 2 plays in the 3rdQ. A 44 yard run, and a 31 yard run.

It should have been about 21/24-0 going into halftime, as opposed to 10-0.
Dax Crum is piss poor.

He doesn't respond to texts either. Slacker.

LOL, I just found a voicemail from Sunday night from you RJ. I had to turn my phone off because I didn't have a charger available. Also, I found your 1:43 am text that night. I had just gotten to bed.

LOL, I just found a voicemail from Sunday night from you RJ. I had to turn my phone off because I didn't have a charger available. Also, I found your 1:43 am text that night. I had just gotten to bed.

Sunday night at the Strip Club and the chicks (all 6 of them, woohoo) were not exciting. So called to talk football. Better that than to get hit up for $20 lapdances by chicks with ponches.

nice capping last week.

Care to share on the uconn huskies ?

Thank you sir. Hopefully keep the good vibe going.

Lets first examine that Virginia game last week. Obvious terrible spot for the Hoos with a green QB going into a tough enviroment on a night game spot. What I liked though is how much Uconn had progressed since the begininng of the season.

Lorenzen was excellent. He had been forcing throws it seems the first few games with the 4 picks. He just needed to settle down. He doesn't have to win games. He has Brown in that backfield who we all know is a great back. Let the running game open things up and then get into a rythm and go. I believe he completed his first 11 passes. Great first half. The Huskies put up almost 400 yards on the ground with Brown having over half that on 10 ypc. It wasn't just big plays either, nice sustained drives. Thats key to me. Like California had some short drives last week we pointed out going into the Terripan game we find Uconn had nice long ones in the first half. They scored TD's on their first four possessions(drives of 11,13,5 and 8 plays). They ended the half with the ball. Conversely, the Hoos had just 166 yards through three qtrs. They had a couple garbage time drives to pasd the stats. This game was totally dominant. No turnovers for Uconn and just two total punts.

Before we talk Baylor, I stress that Connecticut is making steps forward. That is a big thing to me. They coulda played crappy and won this game ATS vs Virginia. The thing I like is they played GREAT and crushed the spread.

Baylor got hit pretty hard by Wake the first week. As I said, this team will continue to improve as the season goes. Look for them to get some sneaky covers later in the year. I like how they are progressing but then again they have played garbage the two wins. Lets look deeper into last weeks Wazzou win. A few things about the Baylor defense that should concern bear backers. This wasn't exactly garbage time stuff either. For the game, first downs were just 20-19 in favor of Baylor. Of more concern, they let Wazzou convert 9-18 3rd downs and 2-3 4th downs. They simply couldn't get off the field. T.O.P. was slanted heavily in Wazzou's favor. The problem for State was they committed 5 turnovers. They themselves basically dictated when they would get off the field at times. Still trying to figure that T.O.P. out in relation to how many rushing yards Baylor had though. Kinda weird.

baylor's run defense has been solid so far this year. They havn't seen a guy like Donald Brown though. He will be able to get yards on this team. That opens the game up for Lorenzen. First road start for the kid as well in a hostile small stadium up in Uconn. I think the Huskies control the ball and the game and wear Baylor out in the 2nd half.

My prediction: Uconn 37-14

And for you "trendy" boys:

Uconn 18-6 l/124 ats on grass
Baylor 3-14 ats vs winning record
Baylor 2-7 ats l/9 roadies

Conversely, the Hoos had just 166 yards through three qtrs. They had a couple garbage time drives to pasd the stats.
Hell, the third quarter was garbage time in that game. UVA had 50-75 yards at the half.

UVA was terrible, but I agree that UConn was impressive nonetheless.

My thoughts on Baylor: upgrade at HC and QB, but this is still largely the same group that went 0-8 in the Big 12 with EVERY loss by 20+. Among the cellar dwellers, Ole Miss and Duke were 0-8, but each kept 6 of the losses within 20 points. Syracuse actually won a game. The Bears really have a lot of ground to make up. I need to see more before I'm sold.

Hell, the third quarter was garbage time in that game. UVA had 50-75 yards at the half.
I understand that. What my point is there is Uconn coulda went softer defensively earlier. It gets to many players heads because they become board after such domination.

Any concern about McGee's status for TAMU? Thought I saw he was questionable for this weekend.
Like I said, that was early intial though stemming from last years game and getting points at home. Much work to do on that game still.

Wyoming should have gotten their shit-holes blown out. ND St had 2 key INTs in the 1h, and another in the final 2 minutes that allowed Wyoming to kick the game winner.

Wyoming gained 1/3 of their total offensive production on 2 plays in the 3rdQ. A 44 yard run, and a 31 yard run.

It should have been about 21/24-0 going into halftime, as opposed to 10-0.
Dax Crum is piss poor.
Exactly right.:shake:

your thoughts on San jose state catching +10? love the match-up. hmm, toledo +7, like it. GL my man

Funny you say that, because I am just starting to look at that a bit..

Lemme start with this from Steeles News and Notes..

INJURIES OF NOTE - SJSt RB Yonus Davis, who was questionable most of last season and got off to a slow start this year, rushed for 143 yds and a TD vs SDSt.

Ghost, my first capping thought here is SJSU run defense vs Stanford run offense

SJSU is 10th in country in run defense..mind you thats skewed by who they have played but they did hold Nebraska to 30 carries for 99 yards..

Last year was a 37-0 trashing at Stanford. Playing at Stanford again this year. They ran all over them last year. Trenches type of game here. Like how SJSU has played though. They were dominant last week.

Funny you say that, because I am just starting to look at that a bit..

Lemme start with this from Steeles News and Notes..

yea, my cousin goes to San Jose State, The kid yonis is really something to talk about the Kid was NFL bound , but got into alot of trouble school grades dropped, injured , and has just gave up. This is his last season and he should be doing what he did last week pretty routinely. The only thing im concerned about his Stanford getting shut out in back to backs, and they come home, but i see no way them beating San Jose State by 10. This might be one of my bigger plays this weekend

Ghost, my first capping thought here is SJSU run defense vs Stanford run offense

SJSU is 10th in country in run defense..mind you thats skewed by who they have played but they did hold Nebraska to 30 carries for 99 yards..

if you ask me they won that game morally in the first half they held nebraska to 14 points in the first half 9-14. and Yonis only got 7 carries that whole game due to injury. Reed should be able to find jurovich all day vs stanford. jurovich ended the 2007 season with 1183 yards.

thanks BAR .... great writeup on uconn.

ghost mentions jurovich ... is there an update on this kid ? he sat out last week with mono and it appears they expected him ready for this week but i wasnt sure ... any news ?

thanks BAR .... great writeup on uconn.

ghost mentions jurovich ... is there an update on this kid ? he sat out last week with mono and it appears they expected him ready for this week but i wasnt sure ... any news ?

an inside source said he was feeling better and he was 50\50.

I stress that Connecticut is making steps forward.

this is something that i like to look at as well .... teams that are getting better every week. some of these teams like GT , hawaii , oregon st , arkansas are going to be much better at end of season than they are now.

:tiphat:

you know i loved kst and florida.
no real opinion on the byu game. they should destroy this week...but could also see a bit of a letdown for them, off the ass kicking they put on UCLA. also been looking long at hard at Uconn, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. shocked the lines come down as well. i made them a 21 pt fav...yet i'm gun-shy. the baylor qb worries me some...as speed kills. but heading into the weekend, both those favs should cover theoretically.

purdue...no opinion yet.
tamu...was my lean as well. but can't pull the trigger there.
toledo...that's a big part of why i played the over, since the dildo defense cannot be counted upon.
iowa...i'm actually leaning the other way, but also can't bring myself to back Pitt with a wager.
wake...think the line is almost dead on. i might be too high on fsu, maybe a year early...but i think they win by 3.
ucla...lol. as soon as it hits 3, i'll be adding a 2nd unit to it. they always rebound beautifully...

Home team is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
Bruins are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 40 points in their previous game.
Bruins are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
Bruins are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
Bruins are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 conference games.
Bruins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a SU loss of more than 20 points.
Bruins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on grass.
Bruins are 15-3 ATS in their last 18 games following a S.U. loss.
Bruins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game.
Bruins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game.
Bruins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
Bruins are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
Bruins are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
Bruins are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 home games.
Bruins are 23-8 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
Bruins are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in September.

And AZ@NMEX L 28-36

Jourovich for SJSU had mono last week, haven't heard yet if he's playing this week...GL BAR...

Thanks guys

Back this afternoon with more thoughs,

Did want to mention I just added the hova down in Knoxville...

EAST LANSING -- Before last season, the Michigan State-Notre Dame rivalry was getting frayed around the edges. For example:
• The Fighting Irish did not bring the Megaphone Trophy they won from MSU at Spartan Stadium in 2004 to the rematch at Notre Dame Stadium a year later. The Spartans felt disrespected because losing to them obviously never crossed Notre Dame's mind.
• With no Megaphone to hoist after their emotional 44-41 overtime victory in '05, some of the MSU players planted their school flag in the hallowed turf of Notre Dame Stadium. The Spartans were accused of lacking class.
• A year later, Irish coach Charlie Weis appeared to add insult to injury when he alleged that he was slapped by a MSU player during a sideline scuffle. The charge came after Notre Dame overcame a 17-point third-quarter deficit to hand the Spartans one of the most acidic losses in school history, 40-37.
• The following week, then-MSU coach John L. Smith took a swipe at Weis by slapping his own face in a new conference after losing to Illinois. Then, the Spartans' season unraveled, Smith was fired, and months later Weis allegedly told an alumni group that the Irish were done losing to the Spartans.
• An endless barrage of insults from Michigan State faithful aimed at a certain coach in South Bend ensued and the storied rivalry, which reached the high-water mark with the historic 1966 "Game of the Century," had sunk to previously unknown depths.
Whether MSU-Notre Dame ever reaches the heights achieved with that ground-breaking 10-10 tie between the nation's top two teams remains to be seen.
However, there were no shenanigans or errant shillelaghs last season as Mark Dantonio led the Spartans to a 31-14 victory in his first season as their coach, and Weis accepted defeat gracefully.
"In the games I've been involved in, there's been a mutual respect," Dantonio said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. "I felt that last year, and I hope we portrayed ourselves in that way, and I felt that way about the other four games I was involved in.
"It was more about being excited to play (them) and respect for who they were and what they stand for."
Dantonio promised more of the same, at least from Michigan State's standpoint, in Saturday's 3:30 p.m. game against the Irish in Spartan Stadium (ABC).
Dantonio recited a litany of the games he coached against Notre Dame, including four as a Spartans assistant from 1997-2000.
"Whether you win or you lose, you have a tendency to remember those games because they're special to everybody who's been a part of them," said Dantonio, who has a 5-0 mark against the Irish.
The series started in 1897 and is MSU's oldest with regard to teams it faces in the modern era. Only Michigan, Northwestern and Purdue appear earlier on Notre Dame's all-time schedule.
But the Spartans' 13 wins in Notre Dame Stadium are the most of any Irish opponent.
As rivalries go, MSU players say Notre Dame is right up there with Michigan, only different.
"I can't stand Michigan," said senior strong safety Otis Wiley, suggesting tolerance for the Irish.
"I don't know that there's a deep hatred there," quarterback Brian Hoyer said. "I know it's a great rivalry with a lot of history. On our end, we definitely respect those guys, and I would hope they respect us, too."
Respect or not, MSU is 8-3 against Notre Dame in the past 11 games.
Garvey returns for pep talk
Former MSU baseball and football player and ex-major leaguer Steve Garvey, who was in town for a speaking engagement, swung by practice Tuesday and addressed the Spartans afterward.
"He talked about how much playing football here meant to him," Hoyer said. "He said that even when he was in the World Series, it was football that made him tough. And he talked about being the best you can be every day in practice and on Saturday.
"To have a guy that prestigious come back is always a good thing for the program."
MSU-ND extend pact
MSU and Notre Dame agreed to extend their playing agreement to 2025. The series will continue uninterrupted through 2013, followed by a two-season break. It will resume in 2016, take two more years off in 2020-21, and pick up again from 2022-25.
Field fine after rain
The natural grass field in Spartan Stadium came through last Saturday's rain-drenched 17-0 victory against Florida Atlantic intact. Although the players slipped and slid, they did not tear up any major divots with their cleats.
The 6-year-old field, with its blend of nine varieties of Kentucky bluegrass and high-tech soil composition developed by MSU's Hancock Turfgrass Research Center, rests on the gravity drainage system installed when the playing surface was lowered by six feet and fitted with a new AstroTurf surface in 1994.
Senior associate athletic director Greg Ianni said the system is designed to remove seven inches of rain per hour.
Fund drive continues
Michigan State has put out another plea for donations to help Spartans freshman offensive lineman and cancer survivor Arthur Ray pay for extensive medical bills.
Donations in the form of a check or money order may be sent to: Arthur Ray Fundraiser, c/o MSU Federal Credit Union, 600 East Crescent Drive, East Lansing, MI, 48823.
'White Out' Saturday
MSU is asking everyone attending Saturday's game to wear a white shirt or jacket to cause a "White Out."

EAST LANSING -- Middle linebacker Adam Decker's hair still was wet from Michigan State's 17-0 rain-soaked victory against Florida Atlantic, but his focus already was fixed on Notre Dame -- and had been for some time.
The Fighting Irish visit Spartan Stadium at 3:30 p.m. Saturday (ABC).
"We'll start looking at film on Monday, but we're already mentally ready for them," Decker said. "It's going to be a huge challenge, and we have no time to celebrate."
The Spartans (2-1) have won eight of the past 11 games against Notre Dame, including last season in South Bend. But the memory of the Irish coming back from a 17-point halftime deficit to beat MSU 40-37 in Spartan Stadium in 2006 remains fresh.
"For us and for them, it's a big rivalry," senior quarterback Brian Hoyer said. "They beat us the last time they came up here in that monsoon game, and there are still a lot of us who were on that team. So there's a lot of anticipation, and we're eager to get this thing going."
Unlike past MSU teams susceptible to extreme ups and downs throughout the season, the Spartans have shown signs they are learning to keep things in perspective.
They were not deflated after the season-opening loss at California and weren't cocky after their home-opening win against Eastern Michigan.
Hoyer said he liked the way his teammates did not take anything for granted against Florida Atlantic, which had the talent and capability to add another entry to the list of upsets suffered by Michigan State in recent years.
"This program has had a tendency to get complacent and look past teams, and we didn't do that," Hoyer said. "We talked about it all week. I do think it was a big step for us.
"We took care of business against a team that might not be the best-known team in the country, but last year they won eight games and blew Memphis out in their bowl game. This shows we can handle our business and concentrate and focus on what we need to do from one week to the next."
Michigan State now must manage a new set of circumstances in its last game before the Big Ten opener at Indiana. Notre Dame (2-0) appears to be improved from last season, when it finished an uncharacteristic 3-9.
The Irish are coming of an opportunistic 35-17 victory against Michigan, so both teams will have momentum.
"We need to continue to play better, more disciplined and with greater attention to detail, but we're getting there," MSU coach Mark Dantonio said Sunday. "I think (we showed) we can persevere a little bit through some things, but I still think we haven't played our best football game yet.
"We're going to find out how good we are as we enter these next games."
The excitement surrounding Saturday's game will be much higher than anything MSU has experienced so far this season.
"There is always going to be a lot of emotion going into that game, especially after what happened two years ago," redshirt sophomore outside linebacker Eric Gordon said. "I didn't personally play, but I was watching and it was horrible to feel like we let ourselves down like that.
"We did beat them at their place last year, but now it's a different situation. We will be prepared and ready for them."
Dantonio has avoided collisions
Dantonio saw the replays of Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis getting hit by his own player and sustaining a knee injury while standing on the sideline during the Michigan game. Dantonio said he had not come close to experiencing such a fate.

"It looked pretty brutal," he said. "Now that I saw that, I'll be watching. You have to be careful down there, I guess."

Bar as always you make some excellent points.

I like Kansas State tonight as I think there secondary could be very good this year. Additionally Freeman is the best player on the field and should be worth a touchdown himself.

As for you other plays:

Toldeo--excellent analysis; Fresno State traveling and coming off a tremendously difficult loss.

A&M--Has to a revenge angle and alot of "good job" pats on the back for the U after the fight against the Gators

Wake Forest--Nice play at +4--This Wake team is Top 15-20.

I'm a little against you when it comes to Iowa at Pittsburgh. Iowa's defense is very good but I also think that Pittsburgh D is solid. I think the Hawkeye offense is a mess and quite frankly Iowa State played better than the Hawkeyes last week. Just were horrible on special teams missing three field goals and giving up a punt return for a touchdown.

I'm a little against you when it comes to Iowa at Pittsburgh. Iowa's defense is very good but I also think that Pittsburgh D is solid. I think the Hawkeye offense is a mess and quite frankly Iowa State played better than the Hawkeyes last week. Just were horrible on special teams missing three field goals and giving up a punt return for a touchdown.

Most likely will be scratching this off my list.:shake:<!-- / message -->

"Heres what's locked in: Write-ups on these later:

Florida -7 -110 3 units
Uconn -12 -110 3 units
Byu -29 -110 2 units
Florida/Tenn O51.5 -110 2 units

Purdue -10.5

Tamu +4

Toledo +7

Iowa +1

Wake +4

UCLA +2.5
-Yup, lol. Read what Yanks has to say in his thread. Pretty much what I am thinking."

I love KState, UConn, Toledo, Wake and UF/UT Over......:tiphat:

Da 'Ville are a team in turmoil, as someone mentioned, Freeman best player on the field, no longer any Papa John's Mystic...KState > UK...and we saw how that game played out.

UConn improving, Baylor D is "Baylor D", QB with 1st roady in "tough as hell venue", in other words, I agree 100% with your analysis...:shake:

Toledo @ Glass Bowl always tough, live dog and seem to...ahem, cough, cough get some miraculously favorable calls. Fresno played their "bowl game" last week and haven't rebounded well after disappointing losses L3 years.

As an avowed FSU hater, it amazes me that their getting this type of respect, it'll take 2-3 more years people. I also don't see how they've improved from last year's pathetic showing (actually, the last 5 years pathetic showings) based on playing two cupcakes...LOVE Wake as a DOGG.

Never bet UF games unless their a LIVE DOG, which happens seldom...well, except National Championship Games...:36_11_6:
I really like the Over, as you know, our O will not be stopped and our D is still very young.

Mully :cheers:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Great recaps and great stuff on this week's action BAR.

Looking forward to Saturday to get the Kansas St. taste out of my mouth. GL this weekend.

Thanks fellas..

Thanks to Hunt to for nice little "tip" on last nights game. Sweated it out but got the win to recover most of the kstate loss...didn't post it becuase I didn't play it till about half hour before kick..

Back in a bit..added a few to top post.

Just got to your thread, Big Al. And a lot of good reading therein.
I will be with you on UConn tonite.
Let me remind you that Purdue played CMU twice last year. Second time was in the bowl where Boilermakers kicked winning FG as time ran out.
Just in case you had forgotten.
With you on Wake as well, and no "good healths" forthcoming from me.
Best of Luck

Just got to your thread, Big Al. And a lot of good reading therein.
I will be with you on UConn tonite.
Let me remind you that Purdue played CMU twice last year. Second time was in the bowl where Boilermakers kicked winning FG as time ran out.
Just in case you had forgotten.
With you on Wake as well, and no "good healths" forthcoming from me.
Best of Luck

Bull, I meant to edit that, and I actually got a win in that game as I played the Chips it a bad spot I thought for Purdue coming up here for a Bowl game when everyone else was in warm climates for most part.

Thanks and GL this weekend sir.

Back