Week of Jan 5th to Jan 12th

thoughts on 2nd half?

Pace is quick still hoping they get less then 118 in the 2nd H but would definely at this point rather play the over then the under if I had to make a total play or didnt have the Game under 225...

Playing GSW , everything is even , LAL played a tough game last nite and faded in the 4th Quarter and the rotation is very thin now with the injuries creeping up ...GSW played them well last meeting but LAL pulled away at home ...hopeing even w/o Steph Jax they continually to play solid and use their depth
:cheers:

2nd H middle / hedge :

Over 112 GSW (40 may do 80)

Looking at GSW +4 as well:cheers:

Since its a hedge made life simple and did 50% of the game play...

Over 112 GSW (HEDGE on UND 225) for (60)

GSW +4 -115 (120)

Even though they are off a SU loss hoping the role players absences hurt...GL:cheers:

I am laying off the total or the 2nd half, but I am playing the Warriors +4. Their depth should help. The Lakers have to be on tired legs with their injuries

i would lean over for the 2nd half, but thinking Lakers may have trouble scoring with their thin bench, just like last night

damn

stons choked that lead up...i may lose outright

i tailed u on GSW 2H...wasnt likin how the Detriot game was goin so lookin to get it back

That under hit for the game, but it was close, Great job on middling the total for the game and the 2nd half

:shake:Thanks nothing more then good guesswork ...the total was still alive cause they needed 42 and with the late fouls if you assume 5pts per minute thats 37.5 ..think 225 assumes 4.75 per minute ..anyway you get the picture .....plus the fact they dropped 20 in 2:30 before haftime kinda showed what could happen in a scoring spurt (like we didnt already know)

Feel like a genius when the 2nd H falls on 58-55 but I am sure the other side is not quite happy ...grain of salt keeps it in perspective ...

Thanks again fellas ...good finish and sometimes it sucks when I cant see whats happening and make 2nd H bets or adjustments especially when you lose a close 1st H play and they go on to win the full game...thens theirs other days where I am sure its great to not be near a computer and make a ton of bad decisions ...getting alot of close ones lately ..:cheers:More importantly glad that if you tailed something late you won ..

Wed:
Wash ML -130 (120) -156
Hawks ML -125 (320) -400
Cavs 1st H -8 (80) +80
Cavs -14 (120) +120
3rd Q Cavs -3.5 (80) +80
Grizz +5 -120( 40) -48
Houston 1st H +6 (120) +120
Houston +10 (80) +80
Bucks -7 (120) -132
Wolves -5 -120 (120) +120
Jazz -4 (120) +120
Suns -9 -120 (160) -192
1st Quarter Den -2 (80) +80
Under 225 GSW (120) +120
-8 net

2nd H :
Portland -4 -105 (160)+160

Under 88 (80) +80
Over 112 GSW (HEDGE on UND 225) for (60) +60
GSW +4 -115 (120) +120

+420 net

(+412 all day)

Couldnt be happier to be honest . Made some mistakes and still worked out well in the end..:cheers:

Thursday :(not all in yet see if we get a bump up on some )

Knicks +8 (120) ML +300(40)
1st Quarter NYK +2-105 (40)
1st Half NYK +4.5 (120)

1st Quarter SAS -4 (200)
2nd Quarter LAC +3.5 (40)
1st Half SAS -7 (120)
TT Under 84 LAC (40)
TT Over 97 SAS (80)
SAS -13 (80 or 120)

Reasons:
Dallas owns the series but NYL played a great game vs them early on this season only to see a crazy late rally by Dallas . The Mavs were essentially in a must win spot that day and since then have gone something like 19-6 . I dont want to say the NYK have this circled but this probably weighs more importantly for them rather then Dallas who starts a 3 game trip after this beginning in PHO.

Some injuries news : Terry is playing but could be limited with a calf injury , Howard supposedly is still feeling the ankle woes and looks like he has become a jump shooter since returning from it looking at the sharp decline in Fts attempted ( 5.1 LYR , only 1 game since his injury return does he have more then 4 which was 6 (180 shots and just 32 FTs attempted ) and NYK will have Eddy Curry available to at elast give them 9 bodies...

F Josh Howard said the biggest obstacle he’s still dealing with regarding the left ankle injury he had is putting up with the pain. He played a team-high 39:24 Tuesday night and scored 22 points on 10 of 20 shooting and six rebounds.

Jason Terry: Playing Through Calf Issue - 1/7/2009 7:58:31 AM

Update:
Terry is battling a calf injury he sustained in practice, the Dallas Morning News reports. He doesn't expect to miss any time.

Recommendation:
Terry has been a streak-shooter for most of his career and an injury of this nature can affect a player's ability to move and shoot fluidly. Keep Terry in your lineup but watch his line for the next several games to see if he enters a mini-slump.

Dallas recent play .....poor 1st Half's since returning home to Minny and Philly needing huge 2nd Half rallies to win SU , then lost @ memphis again slow start and after a huge 1st Q needed something like an 11-1 run late to finish off the shorthanded LAC...The Mavericks are on the verge of losing their status as the league’s top rebounding team. In their last two games, Memphis and the Los Angeles Clippers have out-rebounded the Mavs by a combined 90-61

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/010809dnspomavslede.2d557a2.html?npc

Naturally an article written about the focus issues of a team is interesting as well because that means the team is clearly aware of it . Which means they would hopefully be working on that in the immediate future ...so thats the con part of the article IMO...

SAS/ LAC game :
LAC playing with a limited bench really having just Novak last game and should have Freddi eJones maybe Jason Hart here . SAS 2 days off and 2 more off ater this vs LAC in a tough stretch @ Pho , Det lose at the buzzer , @ Dallas , now here ....

LAC -9 recently in 1st Qs and SAS is +7 with the 2nd Q being opposite for both ..

Crazy increase in FTs attempted lately ...40 @ Dallas ! Only problem is SAS avg allowing just 17 recently and just under 19 per for the season at home, while LAC has avg over 32 recebtly and 23 for the season away..

Like DAL the SAS have acknowledged the sloppy play of late but unlike the MAVS they won and covered since that article ...@ Miami as -3.5 ......

With SAS defense a game more then likely to get ugly ....especially since LAC recently has played them well ..and SAS has not covered recently at home for 4 straight now I believe......

LAC L 4 away :
@ Milw 28/81
@ Sac 30/84
@ Suns 35/84
@ Dal 32/74

-covered @ Dal thanks to 31/40 FTs made after getting crushed in the 1st Q
-covered @ Pho thanks to Suns hitting 59% FTs missing 11 of 28..
-blown out @ MILW
-SU loss but barely covered @ SAC thanks to 25/27 FT shooting

@ Milw lose 1st Q by 22 then 2nd Q by 8
@ Sac lose 1st Q by 15 then win next Q by 8
@ Pho lose 1st Q by 18 then win 2nd Q by 5
@ Dal lose 1st Q by 13 then win by 3

GL:cheers:

Hope you are right about the first half as I have both those plays. But they both may come apart. Pop does what he wants to do for his own reasons which make sense to him but not necessarily us on the outside. And with so much free time he may be very Creative. Mostly GL :cheers:

Hope you are right about the first half as I have both those plays. But they both may come apart. Pop does what he wants to do for his own reasons which make sense to him but not necessarily us on the outside. And with so much free time he may be very Creative. Mostly GL :cheers:

Definetely a leap of faith by me here with SA just hoping with this essentially the obly game in a 6 day span he and SA are looking for a crisp effort after the recent sluggish ones with Miami putting them on the right track...do not have much more then a HOPE angle here :cheers:

Lol, i was reading the first part of your ny pick explanation and was thinking to write a little about the issues with dallas in that article, only to see u are perfectly aware of that one too...:) :bow:On first look i liked Ny(and took a little +8.5 yesterday) too but that article got me thinking. Before the Clippers game they where realizing also that they can't come from behind forever and have to get too better starts, which they did but went on cruise control from there on . I still can't really decide but i am tempted to follow you. On the other side have been reading a little from Ny and there are many issues there too. You get also Nate on a shooting slump, noone to take shots in key moments and i would subscribe to some fans displeasure with D'antoni. I regard him as a good coach but i feel he is not open minded enough to adapt to different situations just sticking with what has worked for him in the past.
I have also big issues with the mentality of Knicks players :"It's taking steps back, especially losing to those guys," Al Harrington said. "No disrespect to them, but we're in a different place than those guys."(after the Okc game).
This guys act like if they just got the rings and have had a minor one-night setback. Pretty pathetic attitude if u ask me,for a team that has only the name behind them at the moment. Well guess after thinking out loud, I am even more confused now. Hopefully the road trip worries and it's importance will prevail here For Dallas as opposed to their desire to put up a focused display from start to finish, or at least they wouldn't be able to do it.

Glad u like that San Antonio 1st q

BOL tonite Sports !:shake:

Thanks betman ..Dont ask me but I sware the relevant information just finds me. I looked at that game for 20 minutes at most ..just hope I can still say its relevant when the game is over .

I agree with NY they have been up and down since the trades but IMO just as much due to injury . Hopefully there is truth in NYK playing to their opponents level...

Put this I will be honest and say I dont see anything but inconsistency and injuries even if minor when I look at NYK. Just taking the approach that DAL owned the Grizz and basically trailed Wire2Wire after they 2 comeback wins . Maybe they learned their lesson but when I see LAC losing every away 1st Q recently by DDs what did they really show then? So is this going to be similiar for DAL in that they own the Knicks like they did Memphis and are supposedly struggling with focus , so if not know then when is NYK going to be in a better position to beat Dallas ?

Confident in NY ? Not really more hoping that NYK scratches and claws like they do most nights and DAL puts another half ass effort especially seeing Howard still complaining about the ankle pain and Terry having a calf injury

:cheers:GL

Sports i'll bother with another question if u get to see this on time. Your opinion on over /under for knicks game. and your experience with such high rise in the total line. This makes me wanna take at least the 1st q and 1st half over for this game:
"We're going to get back to running more, that's on me," D'Antoni said. "We didn't finish games off and we needed some [halfcourt] sets. We worked on that hard and it kind of carried over the whole game. We got to start spreading the ball, run, and get ball movement."

Many tx.

I kinda like the over and though 208 was extremely low for NY . Think it was 8 of 10 where they allow at least 105 . If Dallas is having focus issues then defense is generally the main problem and putting LAC on the line 40x is eye opening ...

I think at 212 its kinda marginal even with 85 possessions because the Dallas health concerns but really DAL rarely allows 100 pts at home ..could seee 106-98 type game theoritically ..as Dallas hasnt scored much ..assuming the game feel on the spread

Just kinda rambling dont have much to say ...as far as line moves goes tend to stay away from anything that would move more then 4 points so 4 would be be cap on a line move to follow..:shake:

Thursday Plays :

Knicks +8 (120) ML +300(40)
1st Quarter NYK +2-105 (40) +40
1st Half NYK +4.5 (120) +120

1st Quarter SAS -4 (200) -220
2nd Quarter LAC +3.5 (40) -44
1st Half SAS -7 (120)-132
TT Under 84 LAC (40)
TT Over 97 SAS (80)
SAS -13 (120)
4th Q Under 44.5 SAS (40)

Thats all Good Luck fellas!

Last edited:
2nd H :

Spurs -8.5 (240)

Well trends come to an end and they all fall apart .....so hoping my plan B scenario is right ..LAC also well above 50% and SAS resigned to chucking threes...:cheers:

Rolling with that one too. Already lost much too much on Sa 1stq, half and live 1st half -2 . I wouldn't be surpsrised if Clippers won SU though.

To a good scenario !:cheers:

Rolling with that one too. Already lost much too much on Sa 1stq, half and live 1st half -2 . I wouldn't be surpsrised if Clippers won SU though.

To a good scenario !:cheers:

I hear ya ...but I think the SAS steamrolls them in the 2nd H to be honest ...

Thursday Plays :

Knicks +8 (120) ML +300(40) +80
1st Quarter NYK +2-105 (40) +40
1st Half NYK +4.5 (120) +120
+240

1st Quarter SAS -4 (200) -220
2nd Quarter LAC +3.5 (40) -44
1st Half SAS -7 (120)-132
TT Under 84 LAC (40) Push
TT Over 97 SAS (80) +80
SAS -13 (120) +120
4th Q Under 44.5 SAS (40) -44
2nd H SAS -8.5 (240) +240

Net +240...1st stupid Quarter @ SAS:cheers:

SN,

do you think it makes sense to try to pay attention to one sport per week (or month or w/e) to make sure focus is there? I'm thinking that's what you mean in the first post of this thread, as i realize that i struggle as soon as i start trying to 'cap multiple sports every night.

...for NBA info, i'm leaning to Charlotte, OKC & LAL tomorrow

good luck and good job tonight

GWarner,

I like all those plays that you just suggested. I like the Thunder the most, followed by the Lakers, and the Bobcats. I also am leaning on the Cavs and the Hawks

Friday :

Memphis +6 (80)
Hawks +5 (120)
Sixers -5 -120 (120)

Was in a rush be back with the rest ..GL:cheers:

SN,

do you think it makes sense to try to pay attention to one sport per week (or month or w/e) to make sure focus is there? I'm thinking that's what you mean in the first post of this thread, as i realize that i struggle as soon as i start trying to 'cap multiple sports every night.

...for NBA info, i'm leaning to Charlotte, OKC & LAL tomorrow

good luck and good job tonight

I think we can do multiple sports if we stick to what we know best .I love CBB but the sheer volume of games is insane to get through and we know about the weekends ...as the seasons get closer to ending in football they dont take as much work at least for me . The NBA and I guess with most pro sports there isnt as much as to learn . In College we have these young kids we have to learn over and over multiplied by the 110 programs ..to me thats the biggest learning process every season mixed in with coaching changes as well..

I know a huge issue I have had is feeling like I am missing out on something if I dont cap it . Which led to a ton of rushed plays and decisisons .. Now even when I rush its not like I am spending a ton of time ony any particular game. Its just my instincts taking over.

For me definetly better to punt a sport and focus on less even if its 3 sports rather then trying to master 4 or 5 ..

I would say cap the sports you enjoy researching the most and the ones you feel you are best at . Maybe there is something to be said for building one's confidence by being successful in 1 sport rather then doing okay in two or three..

Ultimately I just felt day in and day out for the last year or so the way I felt about plays or cards was nor reflected in my decisions and wagers . Some days I would feel great about a card be successful and not win anything maybe lose ...

Especially in my case because I am not just looking at the full game..

If I can be more specific let me know I will try its a definite work in progress for me as well . Including finding a comfortable betting system as far as levels and tiers for plays....

Thanks and GL( if its a little scattered was interrupted like 3 x trying to reply ):cheers:

I like the under team total play for the Cavs. I am looking at the under for the game, and am 95% ready to play Cavs. Good luck

Agree with Cleveland but had to make it a small play based on the 60% shooting last game. GL

Back