Week of August 28th thru September 1st Plays and Analysis Thread

also, have pro football on my brain more than cfb at the moment. even tho i was better at cfb last year than any other sport. go figure.

good to see you (and the rest of the board:smiley_acbe:) on wyoming and tenny.... im riding with those too

BOL this season bator and don't ever let steed take your pillow this year
- the pink one will always be his
:pillow:

good to see you (and the rest of the board:smiley_acbe:) on wyoming and tenny.... im riding with those too

BOL this season bator and don't ever let steed take your pillow this year
- the pink one will always be his
:pillow:

Secret Bator:tiphat:

Boston College U 49.5

my one total for week one...unless UM-Utah makes a dramatic jump bak up.

Your on to something with that BC Under. Always like a good UNDER.... Kent should be improved enough to try to keep this close... BC will try to run it down their throats..

Michigan State Thoughts

Alright, going to give some random thoughts and how it could pertain to the Cal game this Saturday evening. Spartan primetime ABC football...say it ain't so!

Dantonio did a helluva job last year in my eyes. That heartbreaking OT loss in Iowa City and the subsequent 4th qtr. failure against Michigan at home would have crushed most teams. In fact, it would have totally crushed any previous editions of Spartan Football. He wouldn't fold though, and the team won games against Purdue and Penn St to make it to the bowl game. Even there, with 5 starters suspended they battled and battled right to the end.

What was Sparty's biggest issue last year? Closing out games. Every loss was from between 3-7 points. There were so many swing games. I was very impressed by their play on the road in enviroments like Iowa City and Madison. Yes, two losses but they had those games in their grasp. That wouldn't have happened in previous years. A lot of these close losses fall on the QB Hoyer. He is the leader of the team and he will be responsible for the offense being able to get things done at the end of the games. Everything I have heard is he has looked very sharp so far in fall camp.

Sparty obviously lost some talent in Thomas, Davis, Caulcrick and Saint-Dic. There is talent though to fill in. I expect one of the fastest Spartan teams we have seen in awhile. Young receivers but plenty of talent. If he stays healthy I think we could see close to a 2000 yard season from Javon Ringer. The kid is that good. He may not average the same 6.0 ypc he usually does but he will get more carries. It's been ages since MSU has basically had one feature back but I think Javon is up for this role.

Now looking at the game out in Cali this weekend. A few things will determine this game in my eyes. Trenches and gameplan(obviously turnovers but no need to mention the obvious). Michigan State needs to come out and run, run and run some more. It should be largely effective. Let that set up play-action and so forth. This Cal team can be scored upon but I think we'll see Dantonio have a conservative gameplan early. Smashmouth football. This is a good test for the Sparty defense. Yeah Riley is a bit green but he looked solid in his 1 and 3/4 game(or whatever it was) last year.

I think this game can go either way. I think it will be tight going into the 4th. This is where we'll see if Hoyer and Co. have learned their lessons from last season.

If I had to lean on the spread at 5 I would lean Michigan State. I think a lot of people are not holding them in high enough regard.

some big ten notes..

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/football/index.ssf/2008/08/big_ten_notes_ohio_states_pryo.html

Don't pay Ohio State's depth chart much mind, coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday.

Even though super frosh Terrelle Pryor may be listed as the third-string quarterback, he's essentially a co-No. 2 with Joe Bauserman, Tressel added. And if things go well for the Buckeyes in their season opener against Youngstown State, the 6-foot- 6-inch, 235-pound Pryor could receive some early playing time.
"We hope he gets a chance to get in this football game," Tressel said on the Big Ten teleconference. "...Typically what we've done at the beginning of nearly every season, we've tried to have multiple quarterbacks play in the first half."
While Youngstown State is hardly an inspiring opponent, expect plenty of viewers to tune to the Big Ten Network to catch a glimpse of Pryor. USA Today's high school player of the year last fall, Pryor has drawn favorable comparisons to former Texas quarterback Vince Young for his athletic ability, and is expected to give No. 2 Ohio State a perfect complement to incumbent Todd Boeckman.
A first-team All-Big Ten quarterback in 2007, Boeckman is an accurate passer (he completed 63.9 percent of his passes), but he's far less capable, or comfortable, when on the run.
More QB chatter
Thirteenth-ranked Wisconsin had few question marks entering training camp. The quarterback position was one of them. Coach Bret Bielema ended the competition when he named fifth-year senior Allan Evridge the starter. A lefty, Evridge threw for 1,365 yards in 2005 as a freshman at Kansas State. As a backup at Wisconsin last year, he attempted just 12 passes.
In Bloomington, Ind., coach Bill Lynch still isn't ready to commit to a starter in the battle between two-year starter Kellen Lewis and untested sophomore Ben Chappell, who threw two passes last season.
"We're getting close," said Lynch, who added he wouldn't necessarily play both quarterbacks in the opener against Western Kentucky.
It would seem that Lewis - despite some missteps that led a team suspension for several months in the off-season -Â will be the eventual choice to start. Whatever Chappell's abilities may be, Lewis' nearly 3,800 yards of offense last season and the fact that he's one of the Big Ten's most dynamic players can't be overlooked.
Record in sight
New Orleans Saints quarterback and former Purdue player Drew Brees may not be atop the Big Ten passing record book much longer. If Curtis Painter takes over as the league's all-time passing yardage leader, at least Brees can draw comfort knowing that a fellow Boilermaker is No. 1. A fifth-year senior, Painter has 8,763 passing yards and if he hits his average from the past two seasons, he'll wind up with 12,678 yards - nearly 900 more than Brees.
Heavy on experience
As a whole, Big Ten teams are at their most experienced level in years, with 10 of 11 programs bringing back more than half offense and defensive starters. The one exception? Michigan.
U-M's award nominees
The multitude of postseason awards come with their preseason watch lists, and a few Michigan players are included. Senior nose tackle Terrance Taylor is on the lists for the Bednarik Award and the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, which go to the top defensive player. He's also on the Outland Trophy list, for the outstanding interior lineman. Kicker K.C. Lopata is on the Lou Groza Award list and Brandon Graham and Tim Jamison made the watch list for the Ted Hendricks Award for the outstanding defensive end.
Week 1 games to watch
While many Big Ten teams will kick off their seasons with easy-to-digest appetizers (see Coastal Carolina at Penn State or Akron at Wisconsin), several programs dive right into meatier foes. The best games of the weekend will be Utah at Michigan, Michigan State at Pac-10 opponent California and No. 20 Illinois vs. No. 6 Missouri at the Edward Jones Dome.
"It will be a great, great challenge for us," Illinois coach Ron Zook said. "Hopefully we can meet the match. It will be an electric atmosphere for us in St. Louis."

great stuff on the Mich St - Cal game BAR; hard to overlook the fact that MSU didn't get blown out once LY in some tough venues and they're getting more than a FG here. I have been wanting to bet Cal...but part of that is because they have cashed for me lately as a non-con home favorite and it's easy to get all warm and fuzzy about a scenario that has cashed for you before. In this case, I am pretty sure I am going to have to late this game go...:shake:

BAR, great info man. Always check out your posts and plays. Best of luck this upcoming season and a profitable one!!

PS. dont we have limits on avatar sizes? jk.

Too quick additions.

Miami(Oh) -3 -120 2 units
Oklahoma St -7 -110 2 units

bjorks sold me enough on a lean....will reprint full card here in a second

This should be pretty much Final card. May still add Florida TT when it gets releasd tomorrow. Not happening on the Michigan under as I had hoped. Will just watch game and see what transpires. Yanks really got me thinking about this BC under and I really like it. I was thinking of upping that another unit perhaps. Gotta check the books and see what number is current. Happy with my early play numbers sans Ole Miss and Wake. Ah well.

Stanford +4 -110 3 units
Wyoming -10 -110 2 units
Texas -23.5 -110 2 units
Missouri -8 -110 2 units
Tennessee -7 -110 2 units
Pittsburgh -13 -110 2 units
Miami(Oh) -13 -120 2 units
Ole Miss -9 -110
Wake Forest -13 -110
Boston College U49.5 -110

This should be pretty much Final card. May still add Florida TT when it gets releasd tomorrow. Not happening on the Michigan under as I had hoped. Will just watch game and see what transpires. Yanks really got me thinking about this BC under and I really like it. I was thinking of upping that another unit perhaps. Gotta check the books and see what number is current. Happy with my early play numbers sans Ole Miss and Wake. Ah well.

Stanford +4 -110 3 units
Wyoming -10 -110 2 units
Texas -23.5 -110 2 units
Missouri -8 -110 2 units
Tennessee -7 -110 2 units
Pittsburgh -13 -110 2 units
Miami(Oh) -3 -120 2 units
Ole Miss -9 -110
Wake Forest -13 -110
Boston College U49.5 -110

Looks like a weekend full of booze, and a pack or two a night.

Gl Reno :cheers:

Jump, I looked, wasn't pretty, especially 2nd half. Rushing was sick. I tried not to let that play into my head too much.

The Man, the Myth....good luck this year Big Al. Let's get off to a good start with Stanford tonight :cheers:

thanks guys....I was scurred at end...Yanks will tell you by my text messages..lol

Got job done though...

played some "action" plays on SCARY and UTEP..lost 5 bucks....

backup long snapper is from the 313.

eminem-headshot-grey.jpg

Back