Week 9 ML Dogs

ProV1Colt

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Week 9.

My god. We are down the home stretch from the season being over. Are you serious!!!

Let’s Discuss!

Had to have been the worst week yet for underdog su wins. Think there were only like 10...if i counted right (and depending on when you bet it)

Conflicted about Purdue. Both them and Sparty seem to be somewhat in a letdown spot ofc Sparty is also decimated with injury and just lost its super bowl

A bad spot for Purdue, but they still have a lot to play for...in 4 way tie for first in the West and only NW ahead of them on tiebreaker right now....How many do we think Sparty can even score here with that shitbag offense?

A bad spot for Purdue, but they still have a lot to play for...in 4 way tie for first in the West and only NW ahead of them on tiebreaker right now....How many do we think Sparty can even score here with that shitbag offense?

Ground game still alive and a trick play or two but yea thats obviously a problem. Purdue clearly has more weapons on offense, whats its run D like?

Charlotte 3-1 at home, while S. Miss is 0-2 away
Utep
Rice
L.T.
ODU

I like all the dogs in Conf. USA....not touching WKU though (Mike Sanford is awful)

Can Guarantano throw as well as he did Auburn?? Watching that blew my mind comparing that performance with when I saw him last at Bama not daring anything else but five yard dump offs lol

Luckily South Carolina is not on the same stratosphere as Bama defensively. I think the Vols are improving and starting to have success stretching the field. Will be difficult to win in Columbia for sure.

I hope they pull it off. It's hard to trust them right now but I don't trust Texas either. Baylor should have beaten last game in Austin. OSU has dominated the series lately. But I really don't have a good feeling about OSU at this point. QB issues are a problem. I think Texas will find a way to win. Just a feeling.

I hope they pull it off. It's hard to trust them right now but I don't trust Texas either. Baylor should have beaten last game in Austin. OSU has dominated the series lately. But I really don't have a good feeling about OSU at this point. QB issues are a problem. I think Texas will find a way to win. Just a feeling.

I got Texas at -3 yesterday. Hoping I am on the right side of things with the Longhorns. Don't think Okie St has given a reason to take them at all even in Stillwater.

Ok state is god awful this year. Cornelius is good for a few chunk plays but otherwise his accuracy sucks. The defense gives up big plays a lot and its linebackers can‘t tackle

Just shocked that texas opened up at such a small number. Fwiw i think baylor would beat pokes by double digits

Ground game still alive and a trick play or two but yea thats obviously a problem. Purdue clearly has more weapons on offense, whats its run D like?
I'm afraid after last week Purdue will be overvalued. They are pretty good and they hold statistical advantage. MSU may have let down also. But after blowout of Ohio St. I'm afraid to take them.

Last couple of years been scheming their flow and have busted designed against grain. It's a huge game for both teams. VT should win unless their qb fails

Iowa, aTm, BC (If Dillon goes, and I believe he will). I think all three will win ML, but I'll be taking them with the points. Already too BC +4.

Purdue's last 4 opponents along with their rushing stats. I think the last 4 are more significant than the first 3 because that's when Brohm got into holt and they turned up the aggression on both offense and defense and more of what we'll see the rest of the season...

Boston College - 34 attempts 85 yards (2.5 per attempt)
Nebraska - 39 attempts 259 yards (6.6 per rush) - Pretty sure this shows a true dual threat QB might be purdue D's big weak spot at the moment and Nebraska is way better than most think
Illinois - 31 Attempts 69 yards (2.2 per attempt)
Ohio St - 25 attempts 76 yards (3.0 per attempt)

Purdue's last 4 opponents along with their rushing stats. I think the last 4 are more significant than the first 3 because that's when Brohm got into holt and they turned up the aggression on both offense and defense and more of what we'll see the rest of the season...

Boston College - 34 attempts 85 yards (2.5 per attempt)
Nebraska - 39 attempts 259 yards (6.6 per rush) - Pretty sure this shows a true dual threat QB might be purdue D's big weak spot at the moment and Nebraska is way better than most think
Illinois - 31 Attempts 69 yards (2.2 per attempt)
Ohio St - 25 attempts 76 yards (3.0 per attempt)

MSU will be in serious trouble considering its injuries at qb and wr. Dont get that immediate line movement towards Sparty but oh well don‘t need to

Liking quite a few smallish dogs this week and a few longer ones...

BC
Minny
ODU
Army
Wake
Purdue
Tx Tech
UNC
Charlotte
Kansas
Tulane
Kentucky
La Tech
A&M
Iowa

Somebody mentioned Toledo earlier...I wonder how teams generally fare ATS when they open a fave and get bet to dogs (currently +7, which is crazy). Is this something for the sqdl database guys?

I mean we’re talking about an almost 10 pt move...book’s PR cant be that far off on toledo. Inside info, wisdom of the crowd, or what?

Somebody mentioned Toledo earlier...I wonder how teams generally fare ATS when they open a fave and get bet to dogs (currently +7, which is crazy). Is this something for the sqdl database guys?

I mean we’re talking about an almost 10 pt move...book’s PR cant be that far off on toledo. Inside info, wisdom of the crowd, or what?
Remember, Toledo over the last 15 years has been the shadiest team in regard to shaving points/throwing games. But I don't even know whom they're playing this week., so don't listen to me.

UF and TAMU right off the bat.

Also Baylor.

As a WVU homer, I would have been much more worried about this if we didn't have a bye after that "shit the bed" game at Iowa State. If Grier limits turnovers, I don't think this one will be a problem though.

Back