Record through Week 8
Sides 31-35, -7.45
Totals 6-4-1, +3.6I
1h/2h 8-8, -1.05
ML 1-3, -1.4
Parlays 0-1, -2.0
Teasers 0-2, -4.4
Total -12.69 units

My frustrating season continues. This week it started with SFla on Thursday night. After the way that game went, I should have known I was going to be in for a tough week. I had a larger size play on New Mexico and that went down the drain along with my Terps getting beaten in a tough late loss. Hopefully things will start looking up soon.

Clemson -3 -120 3.6/3 - I hate to bet against my squad but at this point I think the injuries to the OL are so extreme, that the Terps really are going to have a difficult time the rest of the year as they have virtually no depth left at all on the OL and basically are down to five offensive linemen. That's enough to form a starting unit, as long as nobody ever gets hurt or needs to take a play off. The backups are all walk-ons or freshmen. Jamie Thomas OG went down vs. Virginia with a broken fibula which is expected to sideline him for the rest of the season. This was on top of losing Andrew Crummey OG, and having a great season, to a broken fibula two weeks ago vs. GT. MD is also very short at the qb position with Steffy still sidelined with post concussion syndrome and no experience behind Turner. Thomas went down in the 1h and after that, Ralph was very reluctant to call any 5 step drop passing plays as the UVA front seven was getting a lot of pressure on the immobile Turner. The result was after a good start in the 1qtr and a half, MD went in a total shell in the passing game and were only throwing quick outs to the flat or WR screens and little dump offs. The offensive production went to shit the rest of the game, and Turner was sacked for a key safety by Chris Long to make it 17-12 MD late in the 3rd qtr. That safety proved to be a very key play and set UVA up for the late win, along with the help of some very ? calls by the zebras. As a result of the lack of offensive production the defense was on the field too long and tired in the 2h, giving up way too much on the ground to a UVA team missing their feature back. MD has played with a lot of heart this year but at this point with all the injuries on both sides of the ball I think they will really be taxed the rest of the year and anyone doing their preparation is going to test their revamped OL with some different blitz packages. Clemson seemed to get what they needed with a bye week and a tuneup against CMich this past weekend. They have a good running game and Harper has played well at QB. I think they will wear MD down in the 2h of this one and get the win.

Kansas -2.5 -110 3.3/3
Wisconsin -7 -120 2.4/2

Last edited:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one.. you're not the only one having a frustrating year. I've been on a steady decline for the past 3-4 weeks.. imma join you on this one. Hope I don't mush your bet. gl this week buddy
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hey thanks Grind, I kind of hate to do this but I think it's the right play.

Keep pluggin away brotha! The wins will eventually start rollin in!

Right there with ya on the tough loss, as my Aztecs lost the game in the final 6 seconds after playing well for the first 59:54. Then again, nothing new really.

Best of luck this week bro!

:cheers:

Wisconsin -7 -120 2.4/2 - I like the matchup on the LOS for the Badgers in this one as they get the big OL going against a smallish but quick front 7 for Indiana. Matchup is remeniscent of Mich. State vs. Indiana, where the Spartans had a big day on the ground. Wisky seems to have gotten healthier and regained some focus after last weeks drubbing of No. Illinois. I am counting on them to dominate TOP in this one with a solid running game and not get in a shootout with Indiana. <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

I have been warming up to this play since VegasKyle got on it and since you're on it, I may be adding it for a unit. BOL Saturday.

Tim, let's talk about your Terps. They look like they are in a really good spot catching more than a FG to Clemson at home. Yet, you're not on them which gives me concern.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Tim, let's talk about your Terps. They look like they are in a really good spot catching more than a FG to Clemson at home. Yet, you're not on them which gives me concern.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Well RJ - I don't know if I can say much more than I did above. Basically they're beat up beyond belief on the OL with a fairly immobile QB. Also FB Cory Jackson is out this week with a broken hand and we have to pull the Redshirt of a freshman to play FB, we lost one of our better pass rushers with Mack Frost w/an ACL, and EJ Henderson is beat up to shit who is probably our best defensive player. Its a fucking MASH unit at this point. I watched what happened in the UVA game and saw how Ralph had to shut the offense down, it will be even worse this week with a makeshift OL out there. We also have no depth at QB with Steffy still not cleared for game action. This team is just devestated. They will play hard, but Clemson DL is going to tee off and shoot blitzes from all diff. angles.

No sweat RJ - lets win some money this week. I'm getting kind of testy lol...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Davis guarantees a victory

<!---->Tuesday, October 23, 2007

CLEMSON — Without hesitation or fear of repercussions, James Davis says there's no way Clemson will lose to Maryland.
If — or, more accurately, when — his words end up on the Terrapins' bulletin board, so be it. He's simply that confident of a win Saturday in College Park, Md.
"We're going to win," the junior tailback said Monday. "Guaranteed."
Bold words considering Clemson couldn't muster a touchdown last year in a 13-12 loss to Maryland, a defeat that ultimately cost Clemson a spot in the Atlantic Coast Conference title game.
Yet Davis thinks the Tigers are onto something after last week's 70-14 strafing of Central Michigan.
"Somebody's got to take the pressure," he said. "I'm just trying to put the team on my back and show them what kind of attitude I have for this game and for the rest of the games on out. We've got to win games."
At this point, the Tigers (5-2, 2-2) cannot afford to lose them if they're hoping to win the Atlantic Division. No. 2 Boston College (7-0, 3-0) is in control with games remaining at Virginia Tech (Thursday), at home against Florida State, at Maryland, at Clemson and at home against Miami.
Wake Forest (5-2, 3-1) is in second with four games left against North Carolina (home), Virginia (away), Clemson (away) and North Carolina State (home).
The Tigers haven't won the ACC title since 1991 and haven't played in the championship game over its two-year existence. Saturday's tilt against the Terrapins (4-3, 1-2) shapes up as an elimination game in the division race.
"If we want to go to the ACC championship game, we can't lose," Davis said. "I think our team is going to be there in that game. And in order for us to be in that game, we've got to win the rest of these games on out. No hesitation, we're going to win this game."
Coach Tommy Bowden said the guarantee doesn't bother him and that Davis is trying to motivate his teammates.
Cooper adjusts to linebacker
Scotty Cooper signed with Clemson over Louisiana State under one condition: he'd play safety and not linebacker.
When coaches informed him on the eve of fall camp he was switching from the former to the latter, Cooper wasn't happy. But through seven games of playing linebacker — including his first career start last week — he says he's grown to accept the move.
"It's no big deal now," he said. "I'm comfortable."
Cooper started at strong-side linebacker in place of senior Tramaine Billie, who was held out of the first quarter for academic reasons. He had four tackles in a season-high 29 snaps.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Old news, but had to throw it in here...

I love Clemson this week, almost must win and they will come out and play well. Not with ya on WISC, but not against you, so GL to you.

Central Michigan -2.5 2.2/2 - Kent pulls the redshirt off young inexperienced Giorgio Morgan and he will start due to injuries to Edelman and Magazu. CM's defense scares me with their inability to stop the run but their offense has been very good and I am going to bank on them to just outscore Kent in this one and hope they can get a few TO's out of the young QB. The over looks to be attractive as well.
<!-- THE POST -->

NW/Purdue over 65 2.2/2 - Painter dangerous when he gets time to throw and NW can't put any pressure on the QB and have a questionable secondary leading me to believe that Purdue should hang 40 plus in this game. Purdue has been susceptible to the pass against the better throwing teams they have faced and NW offense is clicking over the last three games. I think this one should produce a lot of points. <!-- THE POST -->

Back