Week 8 Leans & Plays

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Had a great week last week, going 5-1 on Saturday. Looking to repeat this weekend!

'an_horse'

Week 8 Plays

Texas -3 (-120) [1.2 Units] :D

California pk (-110) [1.1 Units] :mad:

Nevada -19.5 (-110) [1 Unit] :D

UConn -1 (-110) [1 Unit] :mad:

TCU +1 (-110) [0.8 Units] :D

Ohio State -3 (-105) [0.7 Units] :D

Troy -7 (-110) [0.6 Units] :D

'an_horse'

Week 8 Leans

Ohio State -3.5 --> Will jump on tOSU if the line drops to 2.5

North Carolina -5 --> So close to playing this. CB's almost got me convinced

Air Force -4.5 --> UNLV's defense should have fits against this rushing attack...ALL GAME

'an_horse'

Any feedback on my leans will be greatly appreciated.

As always, best of luck my fellow CTG degenerates!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Any word on Lindley? I have a weird suspicion that the Aztecs are in that game until the end. Bit of a sandwich spot for the Lobos off of playing BYU before heading to AFA for a Thursday nighter. Long and the rest of team has been focusing on how they got screwed on that call yesterday and may forget they're playing the lowly Aztecs.

And congrats on the great season you're putting together.

Don't disagree with any except Cal -2. I would be curious to know why you like Cal. I like Arizona an awful lot this week, already bet them at +1.

I think Arizona is the 2nd best team in the PAC10, and I get them at home catching points. When has Cal ever been a good road bet?, and we are getting to the time in the season where Cal starts to fold their tents. Tedford can't make up his mind on who he wants to play the qb position. Best has an arm injury which feasibly could lead to fumbles. Not criticizing those are my thoughts, take them for what you will.

love ohio state as well ............. i already bet zona so agaisnt there.

gl this week AZZIE

JP - Thanks buddy! No official word on Lindley yet, but he'll be Questionable at best. I'll let you know when I hear somethin. You can also check with horses...he's even more up to speed on the Aztecs than I am.

sirwinz - As always, appreciate the feedback bro.

Quite frankly, I can't understand why anyone would think Arizona (4-2, 2-1) is the 2nd best team in the Pac 10. Tell me, who have the Wildcats played thus far to show they are legit? Just look at their schedule/results thus far...

Idaho @ Arizona (Won 70-0)
Toledo @ Arizona (Won 41-16)
Arizona @ New Mexico (Lost 28-36)
Arizona @ UCLA (Won 31-10)
Washington @ Arizona (Won 48-14)
Arizona @ Stanford (Lost 23-24)

All four of Zona's wins have been against PATHETIC competition, coming against opponents with combined records of 5-19. My San Diego State Aztecs beat the crap out of the Vandals for christ's sake...our only fucking win of the year!

Even worse...Zona's two losses came against Stanford and New Mexico, who's records are a combined 8-8. Wow. They have played one team with a winning record all year (Stanford 4-3), and lost.

Until the Wildcats actually beat a decent team, I'm not sold on anything.

If anything, Javid Best returning to the lineup will help the Bears, not hurt them. Even if his role is limited, he adds an explosive element.

Also...Arizona had some SERIOUS red zone issues on offense last week against Stanford, failing multiple times to score a TD inside the five yardline.

And guess what? Zona's two losses this year came against Stanford and New Mexico. Why is that pertinant? Both of those teams average over 180 yards/game rushing. And wouldn't you know it...Cal also averages over 180 yards/game rushing. Simply put, the Wildcats struggle against teams that can pound the rock and control the clock (also see last year's game against Cal).

Aside from their hiccup against Maryland, Cal has been solid this year. Yes, they've had some issues at QB, but Longshore looked good last week, completing 60% of his passes for 200 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT. I think Tedford will stick with the senior leader, who came through for the Golden Bears last week.

And when it comes down to it, I think Tedford is simply a better head coach than Stoops. California (4-1, 2-0) is currently 1st in the Pac-10, and there's really no reason for a let-down in this spot (not with UCLA on deck). Conversely, there's a ton of pressure on Zona now, with Cal this weekend and USC on deck. Very, very tall order for the Wildcats.

And as far as the Wildcats being home, catching points...it's just 2. If it were 3+, I think it would be significant. I'll gladly take the more tested team with a better running game, better defense, and better head coach, laying less than a field goal on the road.

Again, appreciate the input...just see it WAY differently than you. I guess we'll see come this Saturday!

GL bro!

Kyle - Wish I could talk you out of your Zona play...but glad you're on tOSU! As always, best of luck my friend!

Totally agree with your take on Arizona, Azzie; Stoops is now 3-15 SU in October during his tenure at U of A. Seems like every year, they have a decent September against weak competition raising everyone's hopes, then burn everyone's bankrolls in October. Don't see why this season is any different...like Cal here myself.

horses - Glad you like Cal buddy. Always feel more confident when we're on the same side. GL as always!

Only two official plays thus far...

California pk (-110) [1.1 Units]

Troy -7 (-110) [0.6 Units]

'an_horse'

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the Troy QB situation this week? Still haven't decided on who will start, and that is the only thing that is keeping me from jumping on this one, even with the light line. May bite either way if it hits 6 or less, but always interested in hearing what other guys are thinking. Solid job last week by the way on what was a difficult card.

JP - Thanks buddy! No official word on Lindley yet, but he'll be Questionable at best. I'll let you know when I hear somethin. You can also check with horses...he's even more up to speed on the Aztecs than I am.

sirwinz - As always, appreciate the feedback bro.

Quite frankly, I can't understand why anyone would think Arizona (4-2, 2-1) is the 2nd best team in the Pac 10. Tell me, who have the Wildcats played thus far to show they are legit? Just look at their schedule/results thus far...

Idaho @ Arizona (Won 70-0)
Toledo @ Arizona (Won 41-16)
Arizona @ New Mexico (Lost 28-36)
Arizona @ UCLA (Won 31-10)
Washington @ Arizona (Won 48-14)
Arizona @ Stanford (Lost 23-24)

All four of Zona's wins have been against PATHETIC competition, coming against opponents with combined records of 5-19. My San Diego State Aztecs beat the crap out of the Vandals for christ's sake...our only fucking win of the year!

Even worse...Zona's two losses came against Stanford and New Mexico, who's records are a combined 8-8. Wow. They have played one team with a winning record all year (Stanford 4-3), and lost.

Until the Wildcats actually beat a decent team, I'm not sold on anything.

If anything, Javid Best returning to the lineup will help the Bears, not hurt them. Even if his role is limited, he adds an explosive element.

Also...Arizona had some SERIOUS red zone issues on offense last week against Stanford, failing multiple times to score a TD inside the five yardline.

And guess what? Zona's two losses this year came against Stanford and New Mexico. Why is that pertinant? Both of those teams average over 180 yards/game rushing. And wouldn't you know it...Cal also averages over 180 yards/game rushing. Simply put, the Wildcats struggle against teams that can pound the rock and control the clock (also see last year's game against Cal).

Aside from their hiccup against Maryland, Cal has been solid this year. Yes, they've had some issues at QB, but Longshore looked good last week, completing 60% of his passes for 200 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT. I think Tedford will stick with the senior leader, who came through for the Golden Bears last week.

And when it comes down to it, I think Tedford is simply a better head coach than Stoops. California (4-1, 2-0) is currently 1st in the Pac-10, and there's really no reason for a let-down in this spot (not with UCLA on deck). Conversely, there's a ton of pressure on Zona now, with Cal this weekend and USC on deck. Very, very tall order for the Wildcats.

And as far as the Wildcats being home, catching points...it's just 2. If it were 3+, I think it would be significant. I'll gladly take the more tested team with a better running game, better defense, and better head coach, laying less than a field goal on the road.

Again, appreciate the input...just see it WAY differently than you. I guess we'll see come this Saturday!

GL bro!

Kyle - Wish I could talk you out of your Zona play...but glad you're on tOSU! As always, best of luck my friend!

Voice most of my concerns with the Zona side in your thoughts. Agree with some of the edges you see for CAL here but just think they are sticking with the lesser of the two qb's here and BEST could have fumble issues when he does get to carry the ball wth that particular injury.

Hoping for my sake that Arizona defensive woes are more a product of being on the road but their rush defense is a concern no doubt. Like the energy they should have at home at night for this one.

atleast when i lose , you cash.:cheers:

CB - Thanks bud!

Honestly bro, I think Jones gets the start on Saturday. For one, he's been in the system for 3 years, and was the backup last year. Not to mention, IMO, Jones is more mobile than Brown. He's not as mobile as Hampton was, but still...he can move around in the pocket and pick up 5 yards with his legs, if needed.

Honestly...even with the uncertainty at QB for the Trojans, I think Troy wins handily.

GL this weekend CB!

Kyle - That's why I think Best will see a limited role, minimizing his chance of coughing up the ball, yet still giving him some opportunities to make a big play for Cal.

But you're right bro...at least one of us will be cashing in this Saturday night!

Mags - Thanks brotha! GL as always!

nawlins - I'll definitely be adding Air Force and UNC at some point. GL bro!

Aztec,

Solid points you make with Cal, thinking about it more I see why people, such as yourself are taking the Bears. This is a bit of a game for Arizona to prove what I think, if they don't get the job done I will confirm they are a fraud, but if they do get it done they are who I thought they were in the words of Denny Green.

Aztec,

Solid points you make with Cal, thinking about it more I see why people, such as yourself are taking the Bears. This is a bit of a game for Arizona to prove what I think, if they don't get the job done I will confirm they are a fraud, but if they do get it done they are who I thought they were in the words of Denny Green.

Definitely agree that this is a defining game for Zona. GL this weekend, and thanks again for the feedback.

:shake:

Wow! I'm stoked at grabbing these lines during peak value...

Cal has since risen from pick to -2.5

Nevada has jumped from -19.5 to -22

TCU has shifted from +1 to -2.5

Troy has jumped from -7 to -10

Not like I won these by any means, but...still feelin pretty good about 'em!

cogen & pags - Thanks fellas. GL this week!

Also added...

Ohio State -3 (-105) [0.7 Units]

'an_horse'

Last edited:
Back