Record through Week 7
Sides 28-28, +0.45
Totals 5-4-1, +2.6I
1h/2h 7-8, -0.05
ML 1-3, -1.4
Parlays 0-1, -2.0
Teasers 0-2, -4.4
Total -4.8 units

Not a good season so far, but plenty of time to keep plugging and get it right.

South Florida -2.5 +100 2/2 - I have watched SF play both WV and UCF this year and come away more impressed each time I see them. Their DL is one of the quickest off the ball I have seen and Selvie is just a beast. On one play vs. UCF he damn near was in the backfield in time to get the handoff from the qb. Anyway, just incredible speed off the ball by that DL and their secondary is outstanding as well. Grothe really impresses me with his leadership and has shown that mental toughness to make the big play when necessary. This is a group that really believe in themselves and are playing at a very high level. Rutgers is not as good on the LOS this year as they were last year imo. I watched the MD game and MD really won the battle on the LOS in that game. Rice is a good back and will get his yards but Teel is not going to be able to make the plays in the passing game necessary for Rutgers to cover or win this game. SF just too good on defense and their front seven will dare Teel to beat them.

I agree timh, and I love this play as well. Good to see a few of us on it together.

WF -2.5 -110 2.2/2 - Matchup between two coaches I have a tremedous amount of respect for. Wake though has the much better defense in this matchup and certainly should do a better job against the option than the pitiful Pittsburgh showing the other night. Did those Pitt DL have loads in their pants or what? Wake has done an excellent job stopping the run this year and on the other side of the ball they have an excellent OL. I think we see Grobe try and exert a little ball control in this game and pound it on the ground against the weak Navy D, and keep Navy's offense off the field. Grobe will have Wake prepared and Mr. Peanut has a big advantage on the LOS on both sides of the ball.

Thank you Kyle and Pags - I could use a little good fortune after a season full of high colonics so far.

Looking at Wake a little bit as well.

Nice find on the 2.5 even money Bulls line

GL tim

Timh.....Absolutely plenty of time left this year to make a few bucks. I agree with you on USF. Here's to USF bring home the cash :cheers:

Longhorns will win, and win big !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the Longhorns against Baylor, Guy Morris is packing up and will be gone next year. Colt McCoy is back to being a above average quarterback, that is all you need to beat Baylor- They will destroy Baylor , trust me, Mack Brown wants to prove a point and not just mail it in. Go with the Longhorns -24.5

Other picks

Rice -2
Air Force -2.5
San Diego St. +8.5

WF -2.5 -110 2.2/2 - Matchup between two coaches I have a tremedous amount of respect for. Wake though has the much better defense in this matchup and certainly should do a better job against the option than the pitiful Pittsburgh showing the other night. Did those Pitt DL have loads in their pants or what? Wake has done an excellent job stopping the run this year and on the other side of the ball they have an excellent OL. I think we see Grobe try and exert a little ball control in this game and pound it on the ground against the weak Navy D, and keep Navy's offense off the field. Grobe will have Wake prepared and Mr. Peanut has a big advantage on the LOS on both sides of the ball.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of this game bro. That's why I'm with you on Wake as well.

:cheers:

Bull my thoughts on MD...

MD has really been hit hard by injuries, especially to the OL. Terps lost their best lineman vs. GT when G Andrew Crummey went down with a broken fibula. He really had a nice season going and it's a very difficult loss for the Terps to absorb. There may be a chance he could come back if MD makes a bowl. I've really been happy with the effort MD has shown this year, especially after giving away the WF game. They have continued to fight very hard. Erin Henderson missed the GT game with a knee injury but hopefully the extra week with the bye will give him time to get ready for Virginia. I am hopeful that he will play, as he has been outstanding on defense this year for the Terps. Virginia hasn't played that tough of a schedule so far with GT being arguably the best team they have played. Not trying to discredit VA at all, just saying that I think MD is a little more battle tested against quality opponents at this point of the season. VA defense has done a nice job stopping the run (3.1 ypc allowed) and a good job getting pressure (21 sacks) and I have a lot of respect for their front seven on D. However, I think their secondary may be where MD can attack them a little bit through the air and with the speed of MD's WR's. Turner gives MD a much better chance throwing the ball downfield than Steffy did, but does lack the mobility so that will be a concern. Ralph has spent a lot of the bye week looking at some of the younger kids trying to find a few healthy bodies that will be available to play with depth being such a concern right now. MD running game has really been solid with Lattimore and Ball a really nice one/two punch. Cedric Peerman missed UVA's game vs. UConn with an ankle injury and his health is a big concern for UVA. Sewell really is tough to defend because of his mobility, and just when you think you have him contained he will hurt you with a big scramble. I think MD has a big game coaching advtg. with Ralph vs. Groh. Groh absolutely blew last yrs. game at Charlottesville with some really poor decisions and bad 2h play calling after UVA had a big lead. I like MD to win this game at home, but it could likely be a very close one. I'd check the injuries before the game because they really are a big factor in this one. If Turner happens to go down for MD we would be totally fucked, as Steffy will miss a couple more weeks with the concussion syndromes after being drilled in the Rutgers game.

Thanks Aztec - Hope the WF game turns out better than last night's SF game. I don't like to complain about the refs, but they were certainly a large factor last night. <!-- / message -->

New Mexico -8.5 -110 2.2/2 - A little wary of this spot for New Mexico with AF on deck and a short week to prepare but I like the way they are playing, especially on defense and Rocky Long seems to have a lot of respect for SDSU's talent and is keeping his team focused. I don't think SDSU is going to able to run the ball at all vs. the 3-3-5 stack of NM who have been just terrific stopping the run this year 2.8 ypc. That is going to put a lot of additional pressure on QB O'Connell who has already been sacked 20 times this year, with 12 of those in the last two weeks. He's taken a physical beating and is trying to fight through a slight shoulder separation. SDSU has not been good at all stopping the run and NM ought to be able to get their ground game going which will open up things through the air. I like NM to get it done Sat. night. <!-- THE POST -->

Nevada/Utah State under 61 1.1/1 - Wind really blowing in Logan at over 20 mph and wind chill is below 30. Hard to go under with Nevada but I'll take a shot on the elements really thwarting the passing game today.
<!-- THE POST -->

Back