Week 7. What Did We Learn This Sunday/Monday?!

Vapster

Awesome1#1
I'll Start.

Why The Philly Love Today?! F'n Line Dropped To -1 B4 Game Time.
This Is Not Your Raiders Of Old.
New Identity In VEGAS
Out Of Santa Clara's Shadow.

CINN Is LEGIT.

Brady Is Brady. Another Year Older, Still Plays Like He's 27.

KC Who?!

Arizona STILL UNDEFEATED!

ARL/MIA Went Over (Thanks For The Write Up @VirginiaCavs!)

YOUR TURN CTG!

---Vap

I'll start with my thoughts in the week 7 discussion thread and go from there:

Den/Cle - Baker, Chubb and Hunt all out, yet Browns are still 2 point favorites. Goes to show how crappy Denver has looked the last 3 weeks. If Landry is in the lineup I can see the Browns as a play, otherwise they're just too depleted to trust.

Browns line opened holes at will and Landry's presence gave the Browns enough skill guys to get the cover. Broncos have burned up all the goodwill from their 3-0 start. Maybe Jeudy's return helps the offense, but the defense can be had regardless. Browns should have Chubb back next week for a massive game against the Burgh.

Wash/GB - Pack might be a little flat after 5 straight and their big win over the Bears. But WFT has some injury issues of their own with Thomas out and Gibson dinged up. WFT is dead last in pass yards against and next to last in total yards against. I don't see Rodgers being interested in blowing these guys out, so teasers are the way to go.

Pack only put up 24 and got some serious goal line help from the officials and silly rule interpretations. WFT had two fourth down flameouts and a pick in the Pack redzone, so I still they were probably the right side.

KC/Tenn - KC got their mojo back 2nd half last week, while Tenny just knocked off the former #1 seed and now they're getting the same number against KC? Matchup of two unstoppable forces (Mahomes and Henry) against two movable objects (KC 27th in Run D, Tenny 24th in Pass D). Can you see a scenario where the Chiefs don't get to 30? Because I can't. The only question is if the Tits can grow big enough, which they've done the last two weeks. :bouncing: Over 57.5 looks like a play. Pass on the side.

Total misread on the Chiefs and their troubles. Their porous D just puts too much pressure on the O to be near perfect, and they melted down. That Super Bowl whipping was apparently a huge confidence crusher.

Atl/Mia - This one looks like a sneaky over too with a 47.5 total. Neither team enjoys running it much, meaning more plays, more big plays and maybe more turnovers that lead to big plays. Fins have been without a pulse for awhile but can you really trust Atlanta as a road fave? Because I can't. Over only for me.

Proud of this one. Phins actually showed a little bit of a running game today, but still ran 70 plays. Pitts is really becoming a huge weapon for Ryan. Falcons are 3-3 but their 3 wins came against teams with a total of 4 wins.

NYJ/NE - They met a month ago in NJ and the Pats won by 19. Has much changed? Pats have shown themselves to be scrappy against a couple of really good teams in Dal and Tampa while also stumbling around against a dregs team like Houston. Jets have had two weeks to prepare, so one would hope they've come up with something. Pass on the -7.

How much has changed? Nothing. Jets were actually worse this time around. Pats are a dangerous 3-4 team. Mac is getting the hang of this.

Car/NYG - Darnold returns to the land of ghosts at the Meadowlands. I would think he'll get a surly reception, even if its the Giant fans. Carolina thumped Houston as an 8 point fave a few weeks ago. Now against a 1=5 Giants team missing Barkley, Golloday, maybe Slayton and certainly Toney, they're only -3. I'll probably nose and take the FG. If it goes to +3.5 I'm definitely in.

Yeah this line stunk to high heaven. Darnold has no confidence in anyone but Moore and opponents have caught on. I don't know what happened to Robby Anderson since last year but he is just awful this year. Maybe he and Darnold didn't get along in NY, I don't know. Giants are not a good team, but they could be OK in the 2nd half when/if they get Barkley, Golloday and Toney back.

Cinc/Balt - Should be a terrific matchup as the Bengals appear to have something going on this year. Both teams are familiar with playing close games this year, another one won't be a surprise. Bengals +6..5 for me.

Wow, another big confidence builder for Joe Cool and Co. The chemistry with Chase is off the charts. Ravens seemed to panic going for it on 4th and 7 from their 38 with almost 12 minutes still left in the game and only down 10. When they failed that seemed to take the fight out of them. They'll be back, although that win over KC isn't looking as good as it did a week ago.

Philly/Vegas - Vegas brushed off their Gruden circus with the best effort of the year, I think they come back down off the emotion a bit this week and let the Eagles cover and maybe win outright. That -3 line has a little bit of a smell to it. Helps that Philly has the extra prep time.

My other bad miss this week. How much longer do the Eagles roll with Hurts? There's about 7 winnable games left on the Eagles schedule and 9 wins looks like it will be in the mix for that last playoff spot in the NFC. Smith, Goedert, Reagor, Gainewell....they've got guys that can catch the ball. Might be time for Minshew.

Det/LAR - big number for the Rams to cover (-15.5). Would think they're more than capable, but after laying the wood to the Giants, and after Detroit getting a beatdown from Cincy, do we think both happen again this week? I'm inclined to take the points here. Lions have fought hard more often than not. Would think Goff would like to show up here too. Helps to see 75%+ on the Rams too. Public gonna public.

Lions put it all out there today, props to them. Fake punt, surprise onside kick....they did their best. They're just not that good and outside of Swift and Hockensen there's no one that can make plays. I'm still not convinced Stafford will get it done in the playoffs, but he'll get his chance.

Hou/Ari - Another monster number. These 4 pm games kinda blow this week. Similar scenario as in LA. Big favorite off a big road win comes home to play a team that just got thumped. And 85% is on the favorite. I'll take the 17.

Zona pissed around a good 25 minutes before kicking into gear. Houston is just a 2nd half cash machine. They suck and they quit. And that may just be the plan.

Chi/Tampa - Game is a style mismatch, as the Bears pass game blows but Tampa snuffs out the run. Similarly the Bucs are better passing but the Bears are softer against the run. Makes me want to lean to the under 47, which since the over is getting 78% of the money on Yahoo makes for perfect synergy. 27-17, 30-13 both work.

38-3 works too. The Bears actual ran it a bit, but they still couldn't do much. Fields looked about as bad as any QB I've seen since Peterman or Ben DeNucci.

No matter how badly we all want to pick zona, Rams, Cowboys, anyone but Tampa, I have no doubt Brady will once again be playing in the super bowl! They just carved up what a pretty decent bears defense without AB or Gronk! Shitting on the fields lead crappy ass Nagy offense doesn’t mean much but no matter what the d plays like in regular season we know what they capable of doing in the playoffs! Nobody stopping Brady and all these weapons in the playoffs, I guess maybe Rams could only cause Donald about the only defensive weapon who can bother the GOAT.

No matter all the nice things Carr has always said bout Gruden I gotta believe he is so freaking happy that jerk is gone! He never excepted Carr as the excellent qb he is and no QB likes playing for him. This now Carr’s team and they playoff bound! (I expected the typical late season collapse had gruden remained on board as he wears his players out over the course the season). Now this Carr’s team and he gonna finally get the chance he Didnt the year he broke his leg before the playoffs!! All I can say is Maylock better back up the brinks truck and pay him cause he saving his job! He should absolutely get dak money imo.

No matter how badly we all want to pick zona, Rams, Cowboys, anyone but Tampa, I have no doubt Brady will once again be playing in the super bowl! They just carved up what a pretty decent bears defense without AB or Gronk! Shitting on the fields lead crappy ass Nagy offense doesn’t mean much but no matter what the d plays like in regular season we know what they capable of doing in the playoffs! Nobody stopping Brady and all these weapons in the playoffs, I guess maybe Rams could only cause Donald about the only defensive weapon who can bother the GOAT.

No matter all the nice things Carr has always said bout Gruden I gotta believe he is so freaking happy that jerk is gone! He never excepted Carr as the excellent qb he is and no QB likes playing for him. This now Carr’s team and they playoff bound! (I expected the typical late season collapse had gruden remained on board as he wears his players out over the course the season). Now this Carr’s team and he gonna finally get the chance he Didnt the year he broke his leg before the playoffs!! All I can say is Maylock better back up the brinks truck and pay him cause he saving his job! He should absolutely get dak money imo.
Good Shit @2daBank
Agree 113%

I'll start with my thoughts in the week 7 discussion thread and go from there:

Den/Cle - Baker, Chubb and Hunt all out, yet Browns are still 2 point favorites. Goes to show how crappy Denver has looked the last 3 weeks. If Landry is in the lineup I can see the Browns as a play, otherwise they're just too depleted to trust.

Browns line opened holes at will and Landry's presence gave the Browns enough skill guys to get the cover. Broncos have burned up all the goodwill from their 3-0 start. Maybe Jeudy's return helps the offense, but the defense can be had regardless. Browns should have Chubb back next week for a massive game against the Burgh.

Wash/GB - Pack might be a little flat after 5 straight and their big win over the Bears. But WFT has some injury issues of their own with Thomas out and Gibson dinged up. WFT is dead last in pass yards against and next to last in total yards against. I don't see Rodgers being interested in blowing these guys out, so teasers are the way to go.

Pack only put up 24 and got some serious goal line help from the officials and silly rule interpretations. WFT had two fourth down flameouts and a pick in the Pack redzone, so I still they were probably the right side.

KC/Tenn - KC got their mojo back 2nd half last week, while Tenny just knocked off the former #1 seed and now they're getting the same number against KC? Matchup of two unstoppable forces (Mahomes and Henry) against two movable objects (KC 27th in Run D, Tenny 24th in Pass D). Can you see a scenario where the Chiefs don't get to 30? Because I can't. The only question is if the Tits can grow big enough, which they've done the last two weeks. :bouncing: Over 57.5 looks like a play. Pass on the side.

Total misread on the Chiefs and their troubles. Their porous D just puts too much pressure on the O to be near perfect, and they melted down. That Super Bowl whipping was apparently a huge confidence crusher.

Atl/Mia - This one looks like a sneaky over too with a 47.5 total. Neither team enjoys running it much, meaning more plays, more big plays and maybe more turnovers that lead to big plays. Fins have been without a pulse for awhile but can you really trust Atlanta as a road fave? Because I can't. Over only for me.

Proud of this one. Phins actually showed a little bit of a running game today, but still ran 70 plays. Pitts is really becoming a huge weapon for Ryan. Falcons are 3-3 but their 3 wins came against teams with a total of 4 wins.

NYJ/NE - They met a month ago in NJ and the Pats won by 19. Has much changed? Pats have shown themselves to be scrappy against a couple of really good teams in Dal and Tampa while also stumbling around against a dregs team like Houston. Jets have had two weeks to prepare, so one would hope they've come up with something. Pass on the -7.

How much has changed? Nothing. Jets were actually worse this time around. Pats are a dangerous 3-4 team. Mac is getting the hang of this.

Car/NYG - Darnold returns to the land of ghosts at the Meadowlands. I would think he'll get a surly reception, even if its the Giant fans. Carolina thumped Houston as an 8 point fave a few weeks ago. Now against a 1=5 Giants team missing Barkley, Golloday, maybe Slayton and certainly Toney, they're only -3. I'll probably nose and take the FG. If it goes to +3.5 I'm definitely in.

Yeah this line stunk to high heaven. Darnold has no confidence in anyone but Moore and opponents have caught on. I don't know what happened to Robby Anderson since last year but he is just awful this year. Maybe he and Darnold didn't get along in NY, I don't know. Giants are not a good team, but they could be OK in the 2nd half when/if they get Barkley, Golloday and Toney back.

Cinc/Balt - Should be a terrific matchup as the Bengals appear to have something going on this year. Both teams are familiar with playing close games this year, another one won't be a surprise. Bengals +6..5 for me.

Wow, another big confidence builder for Joe Cool and Co. The chemistry with Chase is off the charts. Ravens seemed to panic going for it on 4th and 7 from their 38 with almost 12 minutes still left in the game and only down 10. When they failed that seemed to take the fight out of them. They'll be back, although that win over KC isn't looking as good as it did a week ago.

Philly/Vegas - Vegas brushed off their Gruden circus with the best effort of the year, I think they come back down off the emotion a bit this week and let the Eagles cover and maybe win outright. That -3 line has a little bit of a smell to it. Helps that Philly has the extra prep time.

My other bad miss this week. How much longer do the Eagles roll with Hurts? There's about 7 winnable games left on the Eagles schedule and 9 wins looks like it will be in the mix for that last playoff spot in the NFC. Smith, Goedert, Reagor, Gainewell....they've got guys that can catch the ball. Might be time for Minshew.

Det/LAR - big number for the Rams to cover (-15.5). Would think they're more than capable, but after laying the wood to the Giants, and after Detroit getting a beatdown from Cincy, do we think both happen again this week? I'm inclined to take the points here. Lions have fought hard more often than not. Would think Goff would like to show up here too. Helps to see 75%+ on the Rams too. Public gonna public.

Lions put it all out there today, props to them. Fake punt, surprise onside kick....they did their best. They're just not that good and outside of Swift and Hockensen there's no one that can make plays. I'm still not convinced Stafford will get it done in the playoffs, but he'll get his chance.

Hou/Ari - Another monster number. These 4 pm games kinda blow this week. Similar scenario as in LA. Big favorite off a big road win comes home to play a team that just got thumped. And 85% is on the favorite. I'll take the 17.

Zona pissed around a good 25 minutes before kicking into gear. Houston is just a 2nd half cash machine. They suck and they quit. And that may just be the plan.

Chi/Tampa - Game is a style mismatch, as the Bears pass game blows but Tampa snuffs out the run. Similarly the Bucs are better passing but the Bears are softer against the run. Makes me want to lean to the under 47, which since the over is getting 78% of the money on Yahoo makes for perfect synergy. 27-17, 30-13 both work.

38-3 works too. The Bears actual ran it a bit, but they still couldn't do much. Fields looked about as bad as any QB I've seen since Peterman or Ben DeNucci.
Good Shit @Gandolf

@2daBank...
You just called the Super Bowl brother! Tampa vs Raiders rematch. Imagine the storylines leading up to that game. Gruden this and that. Tuck Rule... it is in the stars I see it now!

Since I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong I’ll say this. Even 2-3 weeks ago I was saying no matter how good Chase may be bungals made a mistake not drafting one those 2 stud tackles to protect borrow. I was wrong, he is that special and the connection him and Burrow have is more important than any lineman could have been, you can teach another big, strong, fat guy to block, you can’t teach that talent or the connection borrow and chase have! Guess it fitting I was wrong bout this cause I was wrong bout Borrow out of college also! Lol (I knew that 3 weeks into his rookie year!).,

I liked cincy before this game, thought them getting 6 was crazy cause their defense been the shock to me, but I sure didn’t see them waxing ravens! Really expected them to lose another close game as they seemed like that young team that was gonna have to learn to win as the year went on, seems they on a quicker learning curve than we thought! I still think the oline needs addressed this off season but it appears the coach is doing a fine job and this another young afc team that be battling for the conference for the next decade! I don’t like lot of things bout nfl these days but gotta say the AFC in particular is loaded with Uber talented young QBs that gonna make it really fun the next decade.

@2daBank...
You just called the Super Bowl brother! Tampa vs Raiders rematch. Imagine the storylines leading up to that game. Gruden this and that. Tuck Rule... it is in the stars I see it now!

Lol. That be great but I don’t think the raiders ready to get past bills or ravens who have that playoff experience. They should be a scary team for one the top seeds tho!

Though they have been hot, for whatever reason I still don’t believe in GB this year. Think they get bounced in their first playoff game

There so many good teams that gonna be in it this year, tough to say for me as think will come down to who they see in 1st round. We have such a long way to go who knows how things play out rest of way?

Carr was 31-34 for 323 2td and a pick. 9 different guys caught a pass! That against a Eagles pass d that been pretty solid! He in total control of the offense. Some weeks he dropping bombs, this week Eagles don’t allow explosive plays so he just methodically picked them apart underneath!

Does anyone throw a prettier ball than Murray? That throw he made to green on 3rd and 24 was redic, that was a very small window he dropped that pass into, made it look like a handoff, Nevermind it was 41 yards downfield!! I hate the thu night game but man we got a fantastic one this week, I won’t be able to boycott this one! Lol.

Niners came out with some great running plays and plenty of energy, then it all petered out by the end of the 1st quarter. Jimmy G in the rain is not a good thing. Taylor is a beast between the 20s but the guy should have 10 TDs by now. Somehow things often go awry with him in the red zone. And the Colts best play of the night was continually chucking underthrown deep plays, with PI setting up the Colts 2nd and 3rd TDs. Not sure where the Niners go from here. Colts have an interesting mix of games coming up where in some they should roll (Jax. Jets, Hou) and in the others they'll be dogs (Tenn, Buff, Tampa).

Saleh and Douglas should both be fired immediately. You would think it would have been impossible to downgrade from Adam Gase but the Jets somehow did.

Lmfao. Damn. I don’t follow them closely enough to have any kind of opinion bout the job he doing. There no way on earth he worse than gates. A retard farm animal could coach circles around that guy!!

Niners came out with some great running plays and plenty of energy, then it all petered out by the end of the 1st quarter. Jimmy G in the rain is not a good thing. Taylor is a beast between the 20s but the guy should have 10 TDs by now. Somehow things often go awry with him in the red zone. And the Colts best play of the night was continually chucking underthrown deep plays, with PI setting up the Colts 2nd and 3rd TDs. Not sure where the Niners go from here. Colts have an interesting mix of games coming up where in some they should roll (Jax. Jets, Hou) and in the others they'll be dogs (Tenn, Buff, Tampa).

They actually -1 vs Titans this week.

Appreciate the outline of game, I couldn’t really watch cause there was supposedly some strong storms in our area last night (nowhere even close to county/city limits) so our local NBC thought it was vital we listened to retarded ass weatherman babble about same thing for the entirety of the god damn game! All we were left with was a tiny box in corner to try and see game so I just watched something else. I had the woman write them a nasty email (as if they will care), made me feel better telling them how ignorant it was! Like a little warning at bottom the screen wouldn’t have been sufficient, as if they were saving lives!! 1st off wasn’t anything close to bad westher within 100s of miles, 2nd if there was actually a tornado or really bad storms would the ppl in that area be watching the fuckin tv? Anyways, felt like ranting cause would have liked to watch game! Just not enough to get my laptop and stream it, lol.

He's legitimately worse than Gase.

I really feel like this has to be prisoner of the moment take. I can’t say for sure I just can’t imagine a world where anyone could be worse than that dude who easily the worst coach I ever seen get more than one chance!!

The bears knew Fields wasn’t ready and the pieces weren’t there and didn’t want to play him yet but if they weren’t paying top dollar for backup QBs and 6 TEs maybe they’d be able to have offensive linemen and a secondary and they don’t have a 1 next year so not like that’s gonna get fixed unless they trade Mack or something

Fields has concrete feet and can’t connect down field. He sucks. I’ve seen enough. Bears should’ve kept Mitch and fired nagy. Laugh at me all you want. When the bears used Mitch as the scapegoat it reminded of when Theo used Joe maddon as the scape goat. Bears fans are in for a looooong rebuild when the front office and their antics are finally held accountable. Also wish the Mccaskeys would sell the team but that’ll never happen.

Fields has concrete feet and can’t connect down field. He sucks. I’ve seen enough. Bears should’ve kept Mitch and fired nagy. Laugh at me all you want. When the bears used Mitch as the scapegoat it reminded of when Theo used Joe maddon as the scape goat. Bears fans are in for a looooong rebuild when the front office and their antics are finally held accountable. Also wish the Mccaskeys would sell the team but that’ll never happen.
I got ripped for saying it before the draft but Fields is terrible.

Colts is really a decent situation. Like KJ said they are still way way in it. Interesting how they go QB for hire….Wentz makes bad decisions tho.

I really feel like this has to be prisoner of the moment take. I can’t say for sure I just can’t imagine a world where anyone could be worse than that dude who easily the worst coach I ever seen get more than one chance!!
I admit to being very reactionary but ask any Jets fan if they think Saleh is anything other than in way over his head. This supposed defensive coach let Mac dink and dunk his way to 54 points.

I admit to being very reactionary but ask any Jets fan if they think Saleh is anything other than in way over his head. This supposed defensive coach let Mac dink and dunk his way to 54 points.

All you jets fans overly emotional! I have no doubt he struggling but worse than Gase is just you forgetting how bad you hated him (for good reason) when he was there as your hearts being broken by the new guy!! Lol.

All you jets fans overly emotional! I have no doubt he struggling but worse than Gase is just you forgetting how bad you hated him (for good reason) when he was there as your hearts being broken by the new guy!! Lol.
This coaching staff is as bad as it gets. I am completely serious when I say Saleh is not an NFL head coach. I would fire him and the incompetent GM but they will instead keep them after they finish 1-16.

I learned no underdog of more than 7 has won this year.

Been some super close ones, lions lost 2 games curtesy of 54 and 66 yard last second fgs!! I was so hoping they would beat Rams yesterday and start thinning out some survivor pools! That crazy tho. Gotta give at some point.

You have to really respect the job Dan Campbell has done getting the Lions to play hard every week.

Well most weeks. Annoyed me they seemed to play their worst in the few games the oddsmakers lined them as winnable games! For most part I agree with you, didn’t like few decisions yesterday but thought they did a ton of really good things, they should have kicked the fg to retake the lead after 2nd fake punt, thought they lost the game right then, maybe they would have anyways but ya gotta get points there and put pressure back on Rams.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m starting to think Shanny just might be overrated. It hard to say for sure cause it seems like niners have had more injuries than any team the last 2 years. I thought this was for sure a playoff roster and maybe a SB contender coming into year and now I don’t think they even a playoff team. He might be a brilliant offensive mind but he not aggressive in his decisions.

Cowherd came on saying something similar just now and I agree.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m starting to think Shanny just might be overrated. It hard to say for sure cause it seems like niners have had more injuries than any team the last 2 years. I thought this was for sure a playoff roster and maybe a SB contender coming into year and now I don’t think they even a playoff team. He might be a brilliant offensive mind but he not aggressive in his decisions.

Cowherd came on saying something similar just now and I agree.

I don't think he trusts JG to open the playbook. Hence the drafting of TL.

I got ripped for saying it before the draft but Fields is terrible.

I still don’t entirely agree with either of you. I agree with teapot that Nagy the problem so I don’t think it fair to totally judge fields while he playing for this “offensive genius” that so brilliant he has to strip himself of play calling duties to have any chance! He gets credit for going to playoffs with trubisky but that the defense that has carried his ass. I will say this about fields that I don’t like at all, he takes more shots than any qb I ever seen that are his fault (not talking like David Carr who got killed cause the franchise!). I still think he has plenty of talent but doubt it gets realized with nagy coaching him. There no way for me to win the argument now but give me a clean house and good coaching hire and talk to me about him then. Obviously gonna be sometime next year at the earliest (if he can take all the hits! Lol).

Atlanta is a WC team if the season ended today. I'll be leaning on them in the next 3 weeks Carolina, @NO, @Dallas and probably a good look at the overs too.

Patterson, Ridley and Pitts are gonna be a problem for defenses. However the ATL defense is not great but getting better.

I don't know if the Ravens secondary hit it hard the night before the game but they looked hungover Sunday. They had a hard time tackling JC and it wasn't anything Chase did. Poor effort = lots of padded yards for JC yesterday. Plus 2 long TD runs to Cinn RBs. Something was off in Baltimore yesterday.

I don't think he trusts JG to open the playbook. Hence the drafting of TL.

Yea that is certainly fair, it has appeared that way always but look at his record without JG. Maybe it just his nature? The drafting of Lance had to at least be some they can’t trust Jimmy health as much as on the field. I couldn’t stand the game plan the week Lance played either. I dunno, I’m kinda starting to feel like he a better OC than head coach, and not sure he has ever gotten over the botch job in the falcons sb!

In fairness to him he was a good pass from Jimmy on a excellent play call From having a ring so not like I’m trying to kill him. I’m just starting to have more doubts and I never did before. The shit heard saying bout having no business losing last night is stupid cause I think that discrediting how good colts might be, but I do think he raising some fair issues.

Back