Week 7. What Did We Learn This Sunday/Monday?!

Atlanta is a WC team if the season ended today. I'll be leaning on them in the next 3 weeks Carolina, @NO, @Dallas and probably a good look at the overs too.

Patterson, Ridley and Pitts are gonna be a problem for defenses. However the ATL defense is not great but getting better.

Dunno if I’m ready to say WC team but I do like them and said lot of nice things bout them before I bet them this week, then they went and fuckin pushed -2 (id be in real bad mood had I gotten -2.5!).

I have no clue why the hell Smith choose to play nobody in the preseason? I get it the trendy thing for this new generation of coaches but when you installing a new system to a team who been notorious for shitting their season away in the 1st month or 2 you would think it might be a good damn idea to use it for this exact thing it was intended for! The greatest qb of all time who 45 freaking years old plays enough to get himself ready for season so I have a hard time with the idea these guys were above getting some work in. Just maybe then you don’t start your season getting ass kicked by a inferior team and coach! They lucky Gmen are a dumpster fire cause they deserved to lose that game also since they treated sept as their preseason!!

Rant over, now All that said i thought they started showing signs a few weeks back and thought the bye came at good time for them to hopefully get some good practice in and really iron the offense out. I do think smith a excellent play caller and I love pitts (I’m cashing props on him every week the last few, unfortunately I’m afraid the days of him having totals similar to avg te are now over :( ). I liked this team coming in and now they look like I envisioned. I hope pissing the 1st month away doesn’t cost them but I’m with you on them being a good bet right now. I’m playing -2,5 today so don’t lose that number, panthers offense without mccaffery doesn’t scare me/.

One more good thing bout smith since I ripped him so much, how amazing is it Cordarrello Patterson been in the league all this time never being much more than a gadget and special teams guy until smith seemingly figured out what a weapon he could be if used properly! Impressive stuff imo.

All you jets fans overly emotional! I have no doubt he struggling but worse than Gase is just you forgetting how bad you hated him (for good reason) when he was there as your hearts being broken by the new guy!! Lol.
There is a ZERO percent chance this is overly emotional. If you want to understand how SICKENINGLY BAD this team is with talent, the GM and with its coaching staff...chew on this stat.

The New York Jets OFF A FUCKING BYE gave up 54 points.

Their first drive started off run-run-pass-punt

They have as many points in the first quarter ALL SEASON, ALL GOD DAMN SEASON as the gaggle of whores @B.A.R. keeps in his barn for those lonely winter nights.

In this NFL, where teams can turn things around in ONE offseason, the New York Jets will miss the playoffs for the 11th straight season.

Their useless as Tits-On-A-Bull GM (Joe Douglas) has a record of 3-19 since taking over full roster control.

That's not overly emotional...it's football hell.

3 worst teams in football. jets, texans, panthers.

How do you not auto fade these teams right now ? The Texans and panthers are like a college team with a bad qb that can't move the ball. The Texans can't score a point against in multiple 30 point blowouts against prevent ?

I think the Falcons, Dolphins , Jags are a clear level above these 3.

There is a ZERO percent chance this is overly emotional. If you want to understand how SICKENINGLY BAD this team is with talent, the GM and with its coaching staff...chew on this stat.

The New York Jets OFF A FUCKING BYE gave up 54 points.

Their first drive started off run-run-pass-punt

They have as many points in the first quarter ALL SEASON, ALL GOD DAMN SEASON as the gaggle of whores @B.A.R. keeps in his barn for those lonely winter nights.

In this NFL, where teams can turn things around in ONE offseason, the New York Jets will miss the playoffs for the 11th straight season.

Their useless as Tits-On-A-Bull GM (Joe Douglas) has a record of 3-19 since taking over full roster control.

That's not overly emotional...it's football hell.

I think you way missing my point, I’m not saying anything positive about the current jets staff. All im saying is Adam Gase is the worst nfl coach I’ve ever seen get multiple jobs. Could this guy be as bad? maybe, maybe not, there just no way he worse!! If you jets fans now miss Gase that is cause ya’ll have emotional and physiological issues! I get it, 6 weeks ago jets fans were so enthusiastic, it was cute in a very sad way, the rest of us new what the season was gonna look like! Ya’ll should be pumped ya beat a lifeless shorthanded Titans team!!

3 worst teams in football. jets, texans, panthers.

How do you not auto fade these teams right now ? The Texans and panthers are like a college team with a bad qb that can't move the ball. The Texans can't score a point against in multiple 30 point blowouts against prevent ?

I think the Falcons, Dolphins , Jags are a clear level above these 3.

You selling falcons way short. They won’t be mentioned in the next to last group for long. And I think it crazy to put panthers at bottom, that just reacting to yesterday (did you bet them? Just sounds that way to put them in with houston and jets, lol). They have good staff and headed right direction still, darnold a def problem, without mccaffery he looks like a jet again!! Heard today they now in the deshawn watkins sweepstakes! You know it bad when your team starts trying to trade for a dude who could end up playing in a prison league! Lmao.

I don't know if the Ravens secondary hit it hard the night before the game but they looked hungover Sunday. They had a hard time tackling JC and it wasn't anything Chase did. Poor effort = lots of padded yards for JC yesterday. Plus 2 long TD runs to Cinn RBs. Something was off in Baltimore yesterday.
With so many injuries before the season I'm afraid the Ravens defense is starting to show natural signs of fatigue, what they've done so far has been pretty incredible but the season is way too long for them to hold up plus playoffs. Defensive personnel management is going to be critical as I do like them overall even with the injuries. They need to find a way into the playoffs with the core group as fresh as possible, wouldn't go balls out trying to win the division if they're in position to still get a wild card

Heard today they now in the deshawn watkins sweepstakes! You know it bad when your team starts trying to trade for a dude who could end up playing in a prison league! Lmao.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS :rofl:

Falcons still need to draft high enough to get a QB but this next draft blows for QBs. Corral probably ends up in Houston but would be the sexy pick with that offense, probably one of the better offenses for Strong to go to. Like you I'm not overly sold on Strong but he should excel in the right place. Is Howell who you really want as a replacement for Ryan? Not seeing that one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS :rofl:

Falcons still need to draft high enough to get a QB but this next draft blows for QBs. Corral probably ends up in Houston but would be the sexy pick with that offense, probably one of the better offenses for Strong to go to. Like you I'm not overly sold on Strong but he should excel in the right place. Is Howell who you really want as a replacement for Ryan? Not seeing that one.

i would take pickett over strong or howell in a heartbeat. i think pickett could be really good in carolina or atl offense. im assuming if atl takes qb it for 2-3 years down the line, i think ryan got some left in him and he gonna play well rest of this year.. i honestly havnt watched corral close enough to say on him..

i meant i heard panthers were asking bout watson, not atl.. you gotta be desperate to be asking bout him, sam darnold makes ya desperate not matty ice, my bad if it sounded like i meant atl was asking

i would take pickett over strong or howell in a heartbeat. i think pickett could be really good in carolina or atl offense. im assuming if atl takes qb it for 2-3 years down the line, i think ryan got some left in him and he gonna play well rest of this year.. i honestly havnt watched corral close enough to say on him..
I know you would but you'd be alone on that, he's become a very good college football player but we have enough evidence to know what he is

Most mocks only have Corral, Strong and Howell in the first round, bad year for QBs

I know you would but you'd be alone on that, he's become a very good college football player but we have enough evidence to know what he is

Most mocks only have Corral, Strong and Howell in the first round, bad year for QBs

i really dont get that,, he came up having to carry a not very good pitt team,, what about him says he cant be every bit as good those other 2? again im not arguing against corral cause i just dont know him well enough, only thing i have against him is ive heard this the 1st year he dedicated himself fully, does that mean he did it for the payday and goes back to living it up afterwords? no idea.. that and he seems to think getting hit at end his runs is a good idea, its not!!

only thing bout pickett i see bad he only 6'2 i think, but we have seen that work plenty.. im not saying he gonna be a great nfl qb, put him in good place like his chances as much the other 2..

Hey 2daBank, saw your rant concerning the storm coverage knocking the game off your local broadcast. Check out this streaming feed nfl66.ir. I've been using it the last four weeks to watch out of market games and frankly I'm impressed how reliable it is. Burps and farts occasionally like any streaming feed but overall I give it a A-. They also have mlb66 and nhl66. I'm watching the MNF game on it right now. I haven't been able to get NBA games yet but expect they'll show up soon.

Pretty much missed the boat on this thread, but maybe I can shake some thoughts loose from my brain later today. This, however, I found fascinating.

Not just this stat, but the turnover stat in the accompanying tweet. Basically, KC's TD rate is great, so why aren't they winning? In part because their turnover rate is on pace to be historically bad.

Fumbles have a luck element to them but Mahomes has made some strange decisions in recent weeks that have backfired. They can turn it around though.

I didn't understand all the Eagles love last week. Not so much here, but among gambling folk I talk to.

The worst part of that team is the secondary. If you can pass block, you can throw on them. I get that Waller was out, but that didn't happen until late. No offense to anybody who bet them, but I knew someone who was leaning toward making them a big play here and I don't really know what the thought process there was other than the Raiders are fake. And maybe they are, but Philly's been a mess offensively. Sirianni keeps trying to craft a game plan with zero runs and replace them with short passes, I assume, to give Hurts confidence.

But it can't help your QB when you're play-calling is one-dimensional. Anyway, that game was pretty much cooked when Sanders went out, but generally a better scheme would benefit this team. The weapons are there offensively. And yes, Hurts still needs work, but I detest the new thing in the NFL where if you aren't good by like Week 5, you're a bust and it's time to blow up the franchise again. It leaves you basically trying to cash a lottery ticket on a QB every year in the draft.

Which goes beyond Hurts. It extends to Tua, it will extend to Fields. FFS, most of these QBs are coming from situations where they were throwing to guys who were open by six yards because of the talent gap in college. Give them some time to figure it out and also get off my lawn. Hahaha.

Anyway, the Raiders look like a team that just got a huge weight off their shoulders. The problem for them, I think, is that between them, KC, and LAC, the Raiders schedule is the hardest going down the stretch.

I also agree with those above who've made points for Atlanta and Indy. Both of these teams looked very much like bet-against teams early, but they have pulled the plane out of a nose-dive and leveled off.

In Indy's case, I think that sets them up for a pretty big let-down this weekend against Tenny who they simply haven't matched up well against for well over a season now—but I like the direction they're headed in. And I'm sure they know how absolutely huge this game is for them this week.

Everybody has talked about KC's horrible, no-good, very-bad defense so I won't rehash it, but I continue to think that SB hangover is a thing. And now I'm thinking they may not come out of it.

I'm shocked that right now I think the Bengals are the best team in the AFC North, but I do. That said, it's mainly only because the Browns have injuries. And honestly, I think there's going to be a ton of value while Baker's out, assuming they start to get some guys back, namely on the OL and Nick Chubb.

I also can't help but feel like a lot of teams dreams really died this week. San Fran, Washington, Miami, Seattle, and yes, Philly. You're now just talking about teams that have no real path to the playoffs. And they have to know it. I mean, I guess you could argue the NFC East is so bad that maybe one of these teams could sweep Dallas and get there, in theory that division would be decided in December. But I don't really see how they stay afloat until then.

Conversely, I feel like there are some teams that have to think they now have life when compared to how they got out of the gate: Atlanta, Minnesota, New Orleans, Indy—though they would absolutely have to win this week. That may not exactly make them all bet-on teams (as I found out laying the -4 with NO last night), but I'd rather be betting on teams who have found their rhythm and believe they have a shot than bad teams who know they are out of it who are just trying to get in the back door.

Not that there's anything wrong with—AH HA! You thought I was going to make a Steed joke, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU. Yes, you did, stop lying.

I didn't understand all the Eagles love last week. Not so much here, but among gambling folk I talk to.

The worst part of that team is the secondary. If you can pass block, you can throw on them. I get that Waller was out, but that didn't happen until late. No offense to anybody who bet them, but I knew someone who was leaning toward making them a big play here and I don't really know what the thought process there was other than the Raiders are fake. And maybe they are, but Philly's been a mess offensively. Sirianni keeps trying to craft a game plan with zero runs and replace them with short passes, I assume, to give Hurts confidence.

But it can't help your QB when you're play-calling is one-dimensional. Anyway, that game was pretty much cooked when Sanders went out, but generally a better scheme would benefit this team. The weapons are there offensively. And yes, Hurts still needs work, but I detest the new thing in the NFL where if you aren't good by like Week 5, you're a bust and it's time to blow up the franchise again. It leaves you basically trying to cash a lottery ticket on a QB every year in the draft.

Which goes beyond Hurts. It extends to Tua, it will extend to Fields. FFS, most of these QBs are coming from situations where they were throwing to guys who were open by six yards because of the talent gap in college. Give them some time to figure it out and also get off my lawn. Hahaha.

Anyway, the Raiders look like a team that just got a huge weight off their shoulders. The problem for them, I think, is that between them, KC, and LAC, the Raiders schedule is the hardest going down the stretch.

I also agree with those above who've made points for Atlanta and Indy. Both of these teams looked very much like bet-against teams early, but they have pulled the plane out of a nose-dive and leveled off.

In Indy's case, I think that sets them up for a pretty big let-down this weekend against Tenny who they simply haven't matched up well against for well over a season now—but I like the direction they're headed in. And I'm sure they know how absolutely huge this game is for them this week.

Everybody has talked about KC's horrible, no-good, very-bad defense so I won't rehash it, but I continue to think that SB hangover is a thing. And now I'm thinking they may not come out of it.

I'm shocked that right now I think the Bengals are the best team in the AFC North, but I do. That said, it's mainly only because the Browns have injuries. And honestly, I think there's going to be a ton of value while Baker's out, assuming they start to get some guys back, namely on the OL and Nick Chubb.

I also can't help but feel like a lot of teams dreams really died this week. San Fran, Washington, Miami, Seattle, and yes, Philly. You're now just talking about teams that have no real path to the playoffs. And they have to know it. I mean, I guess you could argue the NFC East is so bad that maybe one of these teams could sweep Dallas and get there, in theory that division would be decided in December. But I don't really see how they stay afloat until then.

Conversely, I feel like there are some teams that have to think they now have life when compared to how they got out of the gate: Atlanta, Minnesota, New Orleans, Indy—though they would absolutely have to win this week. That may not exactly make them all bet-on teams (as I found out laying the -4 with NO last night), but I'd rather be betting on teams who have found their rhythm and believe they have a shot than bad teams who know they are out of it who are just trying to get in the back door.

Not that there's anything wrong with—AH HA! You thought I was going to make a Steed joke, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU. Yes, you did, stop lying.

Eagles line moved from 3 to almost a pickem at close. Touts and sharps now got killed on browns and eagles last 2 weeks. The reasons for Philly were dline could pressure carr like the bears blueprint, and not give up the explosive pass. It sounded good on paper but for sure when you watch this team they can't defend the run and who cares about the deep pass when you give up 90 percent completions ? I was on philly and was a bad bet. Team I think sucks.

I don't know if the Ravens secondary hit it hard the night before the game but they looked hungover Sunday. They had a hard time tackling JC and it wasn't anything Chase did. Poor effort = lots of padded yards for JC yesterday. Plus 2 long TD runs to Cinn RBs. Something was off in Baltimore yesterday.

It’s impossible to do that in today’s social media world, division games are just really weird sometimes would be my explanation

Eagles line moved from 3 to almost a pickem at close. Touts and sharps now got killed on browns and eagles last 2 weeks. The reasons for Philly were dline could pressure carr like the bears blueprint, and not give up the explosive pass. It sounded good on paper but for sure when you watch this team they can't defend the run and who cares about the deep pass when you give up 90 percent completions ? I was on philly and was a bad bet. Team I think sucks.
I backed them against SF and they dominated a half yet i think went into the locker room losing. Hurts was a RB at OU taking direct snaps and is the same now. Just a good fantasy qb

Saints need Michael Thomas back and to play well. I feel like I’m back in time where we have pretty damn good defense and just bad offense.
Maybe we sign Willie Snead IV (again)…teed didn’t he bounce or asked to be? Him and Stills back lol. Kamara was out of his mind..second best back behind King Henry and it’s real close

Saints need Michael Thomas back and to play well. I feel like I’m back in time where we have pretty damn good defense and just bad offense.
Maybe we sign Willie Snead IV (again)…teed didn’t he bounce or asked to be? Him and Stills back lol. Kamara was out of his mind..second best back behind King Henry and it’s real close
Defense is solid...

I know many said that they would be much less imposing defensively but they are holding their own...

Must put Dalvin in with those two but agree, they're all a bit different

No matter how badly we all want to pick zona, Rams, Cowboys, anyone but Tampa, I have no doubt Brady will once again be playing in the super bowl! They just carved up what a pretty decent bears defense without AB or Gronk! Shitting on the fields lead crappy ass Nagy offense doesn’t mean much but no matter what the d plays like in regular season we know what they capable of doing in the playoffs! Nobody stopping Brady and all these weapons in the playoffs, I guess maybe Rams could only cause Donald about the only defensive weapon who can bother the GOAT.

No matter all the nice things Carr has always said bout Gruden I gotta believe he is so freaking happy that jerk is gone! He never excepted Carr as the excellent qb he is and no QB likes playing for him. This now Carr’s team and they playoff bound! (I expected the typical late season collapse had gruden remained on board as he wears his players out over the course the season). Now this Carr’s team and he gonna finally get the chance he Didnt the year he broke his leg before the playoffs!! All I can say is Maylock better back up the brinks truck and pay him cause he saving his job! He should absolutely get dak money imo.
Think bears look better this wk, without Nagy?

Back