Week 7 NFL Discussion

P-unit.... thoughts on Diggs in dfs??? Is he healthy enough to start?
He will play. They've been fairly tight-lipped about him thought. No idea how effective he will be but he and Bradford have a nice thing going.

fwiw, VERY windy in Philly today - 25-30 MPH winds so not a great mix for throwing the ball around and probably more focused on short passes which is typically where Diggs does well.

I make Pats somewhere in the -4 to -5 range with Big Ben but I have Pats rated higher and steez maybe a tad lower because of their defense. Big Ben is worth more than 3 points IMO.

Interesting, I think Landry has a good day today by default...should be slinging it around and has all the talent in the world around him

I make Pats somewhere in the -4 to -5 range with Big Ben but I have Pats rated higher and steez maybe a tad lower because of their defense. Big Ben is worth more than 3 points IMO.

no way pats would be more than -3, if that

I think Pitt would've been -2.5 or- 3 if Ben were playing. 7.5 sucks but I'm starting to get buzzed & need to chase, always works well...

I think Pitt would've been -2.5 or- 3 if Ben were playing. 7.5 sucks but I'm starting to get buzzed & need to chase, always works well...

You mean NE right? Tough to see Pit having been favored, no QB is worth 9.5-10 pts in the line, and Ben is probably worth more than most.

Big Ben is a tier 1 QB, worth 6-7 points to the line.

As is Rodgers, Brady, Newton and Luck.

The funny thing is back when CG tech released the early lines in April, the Steez/Pats spread for this game was not available.

Almost like they 'knew'.

If anyone has Hogan from NE in fantasy or props, you're fucked. Billy is notorious for benching players entire games for fumbles

If anyone has Hogan from NE in fantasy or props, you're fucked. Billy is notorious for benching players entire games for fumbles

Or not. I've been off on everything else I've predicted today so why change that now

And why the fuck am I posting this shit in here? Thought I was in the in game thread. I want to kick a living animal!!

Might be considered a somewhat 'out there', but it is what it is. Before I introduce this stat situation, I'll provide a snap-shot of the fault-line in the history of scoring in the NFL...

Between 1970-79 on MNF
- 52 losing teams (38.2% of all losing teams) totaled 9 pts or less
- 59 games (43.4% of all games) totaled 39 pts or more

Between 1980-89 on MNF
- 32 losing teams (20.9% of all losing teams) totaled 9 pts or less
- 90 games (58.8% of all games) totaled 39 pts or more

Once the 1980's rolled around (1980 being just the 3rd year in which the 16-game regular season had been in existence), the league saw a significant increase in scoring (which the snapshot of MNF stats above accurately evinces), thus it's fair to say that decade marks the beginning of the modern era of the NFL. So, with that established -

In the history of the modern era of the NFL (36 completed seasons), there has never been a season before now in which the MNF time-slot saw 7 games come & go without featuring a game in which a losing team put up a team total between 17-31 pts. The 7 MNF losers so far this season have put up scores of 16, 0, 14, 32, 10, 14 & 3 pts.

To put this 17-31 pt loser scoring range in some sort of context: 42.8% of all losers from the other primetime games (TNF & SNF) this season have put up scores within this range & 49.0% of all losers from all non-MNF games played so far this season have put up scores within this range.

The picture painted from all of the above is rather clear: this is a highly unusual 'drought' to be taking place. The most obvious option this relates to for the coming game is the Texans TT: lined @14.5, this drought ending precludes the under option cashing. With the full game total lined 40.5 there's slightly more scope for the under to come in, but only at the very lowest end of the loser's score range (17-19 pts). The Texans have conceded plenty in their 2 losses (27 & 31 pts) while the Broncos have conceded at least 17 pts in 3 of their 4 wins (the only exception vs. a non-conference opponent).

Just food for thought, take it fwiw.

Hasn't been back to back fave win and covers on MNF since the 3rd and 10th of November 2014.

Fave won and covered on MNF last week.

If this rummy Houston goes into Denver and knocks me out of my Survivor pools I'll go apeshit.

Donks off b2b losses, extra rest, HC back after missing last week, best D in the AFC wanting to stick it to Osweiler.....

Hou has been blown out on the road against 2 good teams. Den is also a good team. Os does not pass the eye test right now. He has really struggled against some mediocre defenses (see last week vs. Indy). Even with the extra motivation, I would be shocked if Den does not win in convincing fashion tonight.

Have the last leg of a 3 team teaser at 500 on Under 47. I don't see Houston scoring much on that defense. Lots of good numbers between 40 and 47 for a middle though.
What do you think?

Conspiracy theory alert do you think after that debacle of a game last night that the NFL will want to see a lot of scoring tonight and in primetime ?

Back