Week 7 NFL Discussion

NYG vs Balt is another game in England. Some stadium called Twickenham Stadium. Looks like it isn't a dome so watch the weather.

images

initial first look thoughts:

who are the packers to lay 9 to anyone right now?

Rams +2.5 and Rams defense in DFS all day. Eli gonna throw 3 picks haha

Vikings -2.5 is the long john silver fishy line of the week....bodes well for my eagles

Saints may be able to hang aroudn with KC....saints defense sucks against the pass but not sure alex smith can torch them the way other teams can

Browns arent nearly as bad as their rep, gimme the 10

bills/dolphins over 44.5

Jags -1 is the other LJS fishy line of the week

titans -2.5 but they couldnt even beat the browns by more than 2 at home. still kind of like them

keep fading the jets imo. balty is no good but jets are just a mess

im done trying to be sharp with SF...its burned me a bunch. screw that team they suck, gimme tampa -2

gonna go further into those but on the surface i like the card

Vikes and Eagles both off overs sets up a nice under spot, Zimmer with a bye to watch Wentz tape / Eagles motivated against Bradford / both teams have really good defenses

KC gonna keep rolling against a team with no defense

Lions worth a shot when the line flips to them being dogged - 3 straight home games all non rivalry meanwhile the Skins have won 4 straight with the last two being emotional ones, now they have to go on the road again doesn't seem likea good spot

Get well game for the Bengals

Rex a road divisional favorite is a joke

Titans have been objectively better than the Colts, they should win this game in what is their second straight home game and the Colts second straight road game

Fade the Jets with Bowles inexcusably announcing Fitz as the starter still even after that MNF disgrace plus with them heading into the bye after this game, Ravens desperate for a win doesn't hurt either

SD getting that many points on the road in a non 1pm game against a Falcons team that has to inevitably exhale after the stretch they've had (2 divisional wins, then a road win in altitude, then that extremely hard fought cover at Seattle)

Tampa has absolutely no business laying points on the road, SF facing a team with no running game sets them up well for a win

Broncos off a loss on MNF motivated against Osweiler and one of the worst offenses in the league and also a 4-2 team that they have to take seriously, seems like a get well spot

Seattle worth a shot if they can get a +ML line

Don't you think Bradford would be the one that's motivated? Why would the Eagles care? Any line that opens at -2.5 is worrisome.

I hate games in London. Next year there are supposedly going to be six games there. Just awful.

NFL wants to have football around the clock with these 6:30am pacific time games. Their product better improve or they will see continued decline in their ratings. I've never seen the NFL product as bad as it is today

Don't you think Bradford would be the one that's motivated? Why would the Eagles care? Any line that opens at -2.5 is worrisome.

I hate games in London. Next year there are supposedly going to be six games there. Just awful.

Bradford can be as motivated as he wants, he has no offensive line and one healthy receiver to throw to and he's a tight end. Vikings blueprint isn't to outscore teams it's to suffocate them.

NFL wants to have football around the clock with these 6:30am pacific time games. Their product better improve or they will see continued decline in their ratings. I've never seen the NFL product as bad as it is today

How in the world could it improve? The sport is slowly dying. They're morons. NBA starts in 8 days :)

um, why wouldn't the eagles care? kind of a big game.

also, to the one comment above, i dont think any situation that involves two teams playing a football game sets SF up nicely for a win. that team is putrid

Other than the goofy rules and stoppages in play, it is straight up how bad QB play has gotten.

Other than the goofy rules and stoppages in play, it is straight up how bad QB play has gotten.

not gonna get better anytime soon when you look at the college ranks too. kids are playing out of the shotgun from 5th grade on. look at the college qbs now, is there anyone you would hang your hat on? I even worry about Deshaun Watson and really dont like Kelley and Kizer. Rosen has talent but hes been a mess this year. Who is good in college that looks to translate to the pros?

not gonna get better anytime soon when you look at the college ranks too. kids are playing out of the shotgun from 5th grade on. look at the college qbs now, is there anyone you would hang your hat on? I even worry about Deshaun Watson and really dont like Kelley and Kizer. Rosen has talent but hes been a mess this year. Who is good in college that looks to translate to the pros?
Lol Watson is a fraud and will get destroyed in the NFL imo. His INT ratio against good teams is staggering. When he gets under pressure he makes mistakes. Those NFL linebackers and DBs are gonna have some fun with him.

Josh Rosen.. 2018

12 months ago eho hsd Wentz being drafted?

I dont remember him on any lists, can't really judgr right noe excrpt chosen Rosen is going to be amazing

I think QB plsy is down but we have a solid group of under 26 guys that in a year or two its back to top notch

12 months ago eho hsd Wentz being drafted?

I dont remember him on any lists, can't really judgr right noe excrpt chosen Rosen is going to be amazing

I think QB plsy is down but we have a solid group of under 26 guys that in a year or two its back to top notch

i had wentz as a 2nd rounder at this time last year. but def not top 5. but its not like he came out of nowhere

So many guys stsrting year 1 isnt helping either

remember it used to be you were expected to hold the clipboard for 1 or 2 years? now not only are you expected to start, but you are expected to be good and if you arent in your first season you are called a bust. its ridiculous

Kevin Lynch debates the lack of talent on 49ers roster after brutal Bills loss:
https://audioboom.com/posts/5175189...alent-on-49ers-roster-after-brutal-bills-loss

This is a good listen to anyone considering wagering on the niners/bucs game. like i said a few weeks ago, losing Bowman was HUGE for this 49ers defense because there's no depth on this roster. the 49ers are last in rush defense...which is one of the most fundamental aspects of football. not being able to stop the run combined with chip kelly's "quick strike" offense has resulted in hugee disparity in time of possession in favor of the niners opponents.

Keven Lynch says that the 49ers are back in "preseason mode", playing backups all over the field to see what talent is available on the roster for next year. the team is pretty much not concerned with winning at all this season since the roster is so bad and its only week 7!

I'm glad Derek Carr started pretty much from day one. I like game time experience over learning with a clipboard in hand. Some guys excel with the experience, some guys do better learning the first few years watching so it can work both ways.

Rams playing in London is a 6:30am pacific start for them. Team breakfast should be around 3:30am. How are they going to adjust in such a short amount of time? They've been on the road since they left for Detroit. I think we'll start seeing a steady decline from Fraud Fisher and team.

I'm glad Derek Carr started pretty much from day one. I like game time experience over learning with a clipboard in hand. Some guys excel with the experience, some guys do better learning the first few years watching so it can work both ways.

His brother probably wishes he coulda watched someone else get whacked around behind that expansion o-line. Career never stood a chance.

It stems from when kids are in their teens. The fundamentals are not being taught the same way. And all that trickles down to the pros. All the NFL cares about is money. No regard for the future product of what they are selling. Offensive line play is where every successful team starts. And there just isn't enough talent there.

His brother probably wishes he coulda watched someone else get whacked around behind that expansion o-line. Career never stood a chance.

couldnt agree with this more. i hate when ppl mention him as a bust. sure he was, but it wasnt his fault at all with the beating he took. he coulda been really good. similar skilsl to his brother actually

It's the coaching. League is a bunch of full-time coordinators masquerading as head coaches.

Need the Cowhers, John Grudens, even Mike Shanahans (gulp...) to come back.

Lack of head-coaching experience is killing the league. McAdoo, McCoy, Koetter, Gase, Bowles, Caldwell all suck and look lost.

Never did I think or have turned away from the NFL game. It's almost a slap in the face how much the networks hit us with commercials when they know they're coming back for 1 play and 3 more minutes of advertising.

It's the coaching. League is a bunch of full-time coordinators masquerading as head coaches.

Lack of head-coaching experience is killing the league. McAdoo, McCoy, Koetter, Gase, Bowles, Caldwell all suck and look lost.

so just from this thread, its the refs, the quarterbacks, no good lineman, the commercials, and the coaches. starting to sense a problem

To this point my Bills and Rex are taking advantage. He's a good coach despite his now more mellow antics. Quietly winning games and they have talent to coach up, which they are. Not ready to say SOLD on them but I am buying some Bills stock finally. This week is perfect game to find out. Division ROAD matchup, 4 suspect wins, this will be a 'same old Bills' or 'game they were supposed to win, big deal' type game.

No denying Rex can coach. Once Bills go to 10 wins I'll be sold otheriwse I'm used to 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7.

i had wentz as a 2nd rounder at this time last year. but def not top 5. but its not like he came out of nowhere

c'mon dude

when did you have wentz in the 2nd round? he came outta nowhere, unless you scout for the NFL for a living..

I give props to Dak and Wentz, but I need to see year 2 before anything

Year 2? How about we just see a full season? 3/4 of a season? Even half of a season ffs.

Another symptom of today's sports is having to "anoint" someone as soon as possible. It's insanely annoying, and no matter how many times we've seen it be wrong in the past, people still rush to anoint a guy. Anyone wanna remember Nick Foles for a few seconds? Some of us weren't buying him being the next big thing, or even a decent NFL starting QB, because of a handful of games.

so just from this thread, its the refs, the quarterbacks, no good lineman, the commercials, and the coaches. starting to sense a problem

Well, to be fair, a lot of us have been banging on the horrible officiating, the commercials, and the coaches for quite some time...like 5 or so years now, at least. The problem, as KJ stated, is really just the league itself, which leads directly to the commish. The NFL is not successful because of Roger, it's successful in spite of him. You could literally pluck most people out of whatever leadership job they have and the NFL would still be successful.

One other thing that hasn't been specifically mentioned as far as the product suffering is one word....adjustments. The defenses have finally started to adjust to the horrible rule changes that tried so mightily to make fantasy football and real football morph into one. Many of these QBs have been bad all along, we just didn't necessarily see it because it became really, really difficult to not put up stats and "succeed" in this league. Give the defenses a few more years to fully adapt to the BS rules and we'll continue to see the cream of the QBs rise to the top, and the rest to be seen for the frauds they are.

c'mon dude

when did you have wentz in the 2nd round? he came outta nowhere, unless you scout for the NFL for a living..

no this is actually true. i remember i watched the NDSU game the first game of the year last year just to watch him bc i had read things (you know how ndsu plays nd or something every year before the season starts) and i remember saying, wow it would be great if the eagles could steal him in rd 2.

then he blew up even more, which i did not see coming. but to those who read scout blogs and stuff, it was known coming into last year that he was a pro prospect...but like i said not at all that he woudl go THAT high.

Year 2? How about we just see a full season? 3/4 of a season? Even half of a season ffs.

Another symptom of today's sports is having to "anoint" someone as soon as possible. It's insanely annoying, and no matter how many times we've seen it be wrong in the past, people still rush to anoint a guy. Anyone wanna remember Nick Foles for a few seconds? Some of us weren't buying him being the next big thing, or even a decent NFL starting QB, because of a handful of games.

i def was in on Foles being a good NFL QB at one point. There is something to wha tyou said. I do think that there is a difference because Dak and Wentz seem to have a lot more than numbers...if you watch them play they just seem to have the poise and the pocket awareness that you can't really teach, and both are guys who can command a huddle and a locker room.

Foles was never that guy, he was just hitting the WRs who got wide open back before aliens abducted chip kelly and replaced him with a drone who knows how to call 5 plays. but i fell for that one, i was in on Foles and I bought so much into Chip. It actually blows my mind how bad of a coach he has been.

i def was in on Foles being a good NFL QB at one point. There is something to wha tyou said. I do think that there is a difference because Dak and Wentz seem to have a lot more than numbers...if you watch them play they just seem to have the poise and the pocket awareness that you can't really teach, and both are guys who can command a huddle and a locker room.

Foles was never that guy, he was just hitting the WRs who got wide open back before aliens abducted chip kelly and replaced him with a drone who knows how to call 5 plays. but i fell for that one, i was in on Foles and I bought so much into Chip. It actually blows my mind how bad of a coach he has been.

But Dak also has the best OL in the league, so it's easy to have that poise. Don't the Eagles have one of the top units as well? I sense a trend here...good OL can make a QB look poised. Dak has attempted the least amount of passes over 20 yards in the league...by a lot. He's dinking and dunking his way as well as using his legs to make plays happen. I'm not saying he's not a good QB, but let's slow our roll a bit on him being anything more than just that....it's been 6 games.

As far as "commanding" the huddle and locker room...most of that talk is just sports cliche talk. Have we really seen that many guys who cannot "command a huddle?" If so, let's hear some of the names...my guess is that anyone on that list simply wasn't a good QB, and the fact he couldn't "command a huddle" didn't mean a damn thing. I mean, they've been QBs for most of their lives, they know how to call plays in a huddle and "command" that huddle by the time they make it to the NFL.

Again, if that is cliche for "having respect" of their teammates, their play is going to be what influences that, not how they call a play in a huddle. If there's a great QB who is a grade A asshole, there isn't anyone who's going to speak out and say "well, he's great but he can't command that huddle/locker room." Like I said, it's just the cliches that pro athletes/analysts use to talk and deal with the media.

One other thing on this topic...I'd imagine you said something similar about Foles as far as "there is a difference between Foles and Kaep (or whomever)." I'm not trying picking on you, so please don't take it personally (but your track record with QBs isn't exactly stellar, unless I have you confused with someone else), but this is pretty much how it goes down when "the next guy" appears. People will admit that they anointed "that guy" much too quickly, BUT it's different with this guy...he has this, that, or the other thing going for him.

Speaking of Kaep, he was another guy anointed waaaaaaay too early. Alex Smith was killing it in that same system that year and got hurt. Kaep just kept the machine moving, he wasn't the main cog in the machine. But, back then, you'd have heard an awful lot of people saying "well yeah, but Kaep is different, he just has a rocket for an arm AND he can run like a RB (or whatever they said when it happened).

But Dak also has the best OL in the league, so it's easy to have that poise. Don't the Eagles have one of the top units as well? I sense a trend here...good OL can make a QB look poised. Dak has attempted the least amount of passes over 20 yards in the league...by a lot. He's dinking and dunking his way as well as using his legs to make plays happen. I'm not saying he's not a good QB, but let's slow our roll a bit on him being anything more than just that....it's been 6 games.

As far as "commanding" the huddle and locker room...most of that talk is just sports cliche talk. Have we really seen that many guys who cannot "command a huddle?" If so, let's hear some of the names...my guess is that anyone on that list simply wasn't a good QB, and the fact he couldn't "command a huddle" didn't mean a damn thing. I mean, they've been QBs for most of their lives, they know how to call plays in a huddle and "command" that huddle by the time they make it to the NFL.

Again, if that is cliche for "having respect" of their teammates, their play is going to be what influences that, not how they call a play in a huddle. If there's a great QB who is a grade A asshole, there isn't anyone who's going to speak out and say "well, he's great but he can't command that huddle/locker room." Like I said, it's just the cliches that pro athletes/analysts use to talk and deal with the media.
I remember RG3 first game as a pro because I was in the Dome and saw him do this.....worked for a year....then, bust. Now I KNOW he gets hurt, but same thing. Need to see these guys long term....really just amazing, guys like Brees(never really having an elite talent,,maybe Jimmy, but look at Jimmy now lol).....these QBs can make guys look all world. Brady, Ben(altho he might have had the best WR corp of em) and just a few really

One other thing on this topic...I'd imagine you said something similar about Foles as far as "there is a difference between Foles and Kaep (or whomever)." I'm not trying picking on you, so please don't take it personally (but your track record with QBs isn't exactly stellar, unless I have you confused with someone else), but this is pretty much how it goes down when "the next guy" appears. People will admit that they anointed "that guy" much too quickly, BUT it's different with this guy...he has this, that, or the other thing going for him.

Speaking of Kaep, he was another guy anointed waaaaaaay too early. Alex Smith was killing it in that same system that year and got hurt. Kaep just kept the machine moving, he wasn't the main cog in the machine. But, back then, you'd have heard an awful lot of people saying "well yeah, but Kaep is different, he just has a rocket for an arm AND he can run like a RB (or whatever they said when it happened).

teams just catch up.....you can't hide at QB in the NFL too long if you aren't elite or very very very good

There's another name of a guy who was "anointed" way too early. Care to guess how many of the guys who anointed him are doing the same with Dak and Wentz? I'd imagine it's quite a high number. People today are so worried about being the first to say/predict something, that they just keep throwing as much shit at the wall as possible...then if/when one of their predictions come true (which ONE of them has to, just based on math doesn't it?), they can say "see, I told you so," and try to ride those coattails as long as possible.

And yes, that knee injury definitely fucked up RGIII's career, but it also seems that he wasn't going to have the whole package needed to play QB successfully in the NFL. Flashes in the pan are anointed way, way, way too often in pro sports these days.

There's another name of a guy who was "anointed" way too early. Care to guess how many of the guys who anointed him are doing the same with Dak and Wentz? I'd imagine it's quite a high number. People today are so worried about being the first to say/predict something, that they just keep throwing as much shit at the wall as possible...then if/when one of their predictions come true (which ONE of them has to, just based on math doesn't it?), they can say "see, I told you so," and try to ride those coattails as long as possible.

And yes, that knee injury definitely fucked up RGIII's career, but it also seems that he wasn't going to have the whole package needed to play QB successfully in the NFL. Flashes in the pan are anointed way, way, way too often in pro sports these days.
:shake2:

seems it happens at QB more than anything, too

Johnny Manziel was "gonna be different, because..." to an awful lot of guys who talked about it as well. I think we'd be better off finding the guys who are horrible at predicting what will happen and going opposite of them in the future as opposed to trying to find the guy who gets it right more often than not.

Nothing to do with the games this week, but not sure it's new thread worthy either (if it needs to be moved, someone can move it)....BUT this female Bills fan just "murdered the souls" of Robert Klemko and the MMQB guys. Seriously, this is definitely worth a read, this chick fucking annihilated Klemko in every way possible.

Barstool Sports Verified account ‏<s>@</s>barstoolsports

A girl from the Bills Mafia wrote an open letter to Robert Klemko and the MMQB and murdered their souls http://trib.al/zDtcXkQ

Here is the full letter she wrote to the douche bag....

https://medium.com/@alexisdent/an-o...mko-and-the-mmqb-team-bffff845a1a6#.ixrr9qw29

I put 70% of the blame on the coaching, the other 30% is on Goodell.

You get talented young kids coming in to get taught the finer points of the game by idiots.

Look at Brady, dude was a flabby nobody but under Beli-ache he has flourished.

Had he played under Jeff Fisher, he would have been out of the league 10 years ago.

To get drafted you have to possess talent, yet we see more failure than success. Why ? The damn coaching.

Johnny Manziel was "gonna be different, because..." to an awful lot of guys who talked about it as well. I think we'd be better off finding the guys who are horrible at predicting what will happen and going opposite of them in the future as opposed to trying to find the guy who gets it right more often than not.

Speaking of Johnny Football, saw this on Disney yesterday...

Cu-sCYBUkAAK1fJ.jpg

I put 70% of the blame on the coaching, the other 30% is on Goodell.

You get talented young kids coming in to get taught the finer points of the game by idiots.

Look at Brady, dude was a flabby nobody but under Beli-ache he has flourished.

Had he played under Jeff Fisher, he would have been out of the league 10 years ago.

To get drafted you have to possess talent, yet we see more failure than success. Why ? The damn coaching.

Yes and no. One issue in all of this is the difference in "talent" for today's college game and "talent" for the NFL. Regardless of how much the NFL is trying to become flag football, college football is essentially already there...and the pool of players is MUCH bigger, so looking "talented" in college doesn't necessarily mean much (at least it sure seems that way).

Take the QB position, for example. Just because you're uber athletic with an average arm and kill it in college doesn't mean you'll even be a serviceable backup QB in the NFL...no matter how many square pegs the NFL coaches try to fit into round holes. So yes, it is the coaches' fault to an extent, but they're working with what they're given from the college ranks...and that "talent" has morphed over the years. We can evidence this by QB winners of the Heisman trophy...outside of Cam, when is the last time a Heisman QB won a freakin' playoff game?

remember it used to be you were expected to hold the clipboard for 1 or 2 years? now not only are you expected to start, but you are expected to be good and if you arent in your first season you are called a bust. its ridiculous

So true . Back when i was growing up you had Joe Thiesman backing up Billy Kilmer who backed up Sonny Jorgenson.

You had Danny White behind Roger.

Ken Anderson to Boomer .

Fran Tark to Tommy Kramer .

Simms /Hostetler

Teams developed QB back in the days .

Steve McNair sat for 2 years an was a really good QB.

etc. etc.

I really don`t understand why they have stopped .

College football to me sucks . I have never cared for it . I cant sit through a whole game .And it has ruined the QB position.

I guess with all the practice rules and player union stuff .Coaches have smaller windows of time .

You cant give QB2 many reps during the week. Its pretty messed up.

Last edited:
Manziel had a nice game vs. the Steelers last year ...Browns didnt win but he fought hard after taking a bunch of hits. Dude kept getting back up.

I hope he get some things righted in life. Go spend a year or 2 in the CFL please young man..Then get you butt back to the NFL .

Back