Week 7 B1G Thread...

I took wisky +8 at opener and feel like a fucking moron. I should save myself the concern and rip up my ticket right now. Except I don't actually have a ticket to rip but whatever.
I won't lie, I almost took it just to 'have the number'.

I figured at worst I would have a middle opportunity with a key number involved.

Ya, I figured it would dip to 7 and below so figured there was a good opportunity here. I'm 1-3 when getting involved with michigan this year so I just really can't get it right. I need to reassess whether it actually pays for me to bet early openers.

Last edited:
@B.A.R. I'm surprised you think the total is going to be so low. Michigan, if they're smart, will be able to move the ball through the air against Wisconsin. Wisconsin still has one of the most talented offensive lines in the country, and while they haven't played that consistently this year, they can definitely dominate, especially against the Michigan DL. Taylor will get his yards on the ground. Hornibrook will get some points on the board, just depends if it will be for Michigan or Wisconsin. Danny Davis back with the team helps on offense and Jake Ferguson at TE is turning into a weapon.

I think points can be had, especially if Michigan isn't too vanilla.

My only concern with the total is the amount of possessions. You have to be ultra efficient.

Wisky isn't breaking 24 points tomorrow, 21 tops. If Michigan was at full health I would put that at 14-17.

I shockingly agree with fondy here...see an over. Both secondaries give up the big play.

Have to put Michigan defense in context...#1 they've been at home for majority of their schedule...#2 these are the teams scoring offense ranks minus ND which was first game of season.

Western Michigan #38...however, WMU has played some pretty atrocious defenses.

SMU #77

Nebraska #114

Northwestern #104

Maryland #58..with no passing game whatsoever

Not a good barometer of success...jmo.

I think points can be had, especially if Michigan isn't too vanilla.

My only concern with the total is the amount of possessions.
You have to be ultra efficient.

Wisky isn't breaking 24 points tomorrow, 21 tops. If Michigan was at full health I would put that at 14-17.

I'm really thinking we will see a lot more quicker possessions, with big plays, than you would normally see from these two teams (and any short fields will be a plus). Of course after I hit the over 20, it drops to 19.5

Wisconsin has a bad qb ...otherwise they'd score a lot. Dude needs a lot of time in the pocket...almost more time than Shea...

Talk about possessions...How about Minny trying to stall tosu tomorrow...they'll burn that clock like a bitch on fire.

Have to put Michigan defense in context...#1 they've been at home for majority of their schedule...#2 these are the teams scoring offense ranks minus ND which was first game of season.

Western Michigan #38...however, WMU has played some pretty atrocious defenses.

SMU #77

Nebraska #114

Northwestern #104

Maryland #58..with no passing game whatsoever

Not a good barometer of success...jmo.

I was going to make to make the same argument, but got lazy after seeing Notre Dame and Western Michigan rankings. Thanks for looking up the rest of them.

I also think Wisconsin was looking too much ahead to start the season. The Ciephus rape charges hung over the program (and still do somewhat as he sued the school earlier this week). But the West was/is pretty much put on a platter for them, and I think more than a few guys thought they could just show up and sleep walk through the schedule. The team will be ready for this one, and if not for the youth in the defensive backfield, I'd be a lot more confident.

Wisconsin has a bad qb ...otherwise they'd score a lot. Dude needs a lot of time in the pocket...almost more time than Shea...

Hornibrook is on the Davey O'Brien watch list for nations best QB though! But yeah, he's is such trash (no sarcasm there). He needs to step up in pocket and not be afraid to make a play on his own by pulling down the ball and running with the damn thing on occasion. Sick of seeing 3rd and 5, he has 10 yards of field wide open in front of him and he'll throw into triple coverage or out of bounds.

Talk about possessions...How about Minny trying to stall tosu tomorrow...they'll burn that clock like a bitch on fire.

But if they don't pick up any first downs, it's hard to burn too much clock. I don't see how Minnesota will stop Ohio St from putting up at least a half dozen TDs

Yeah Tosu will probably win by 50. WHo knows.

I do think Wisky is the right side here....however, no touch. Will wait for the right times to fade Michigan. They are extremely overrated. It will show soon.

Definitely smelling a Hunt/Fondy Collabo of Wisky +10/ML/TT over 19.5/20

Good luck fellas. :cheers3:

Just hit the +10. Have a +352 as top ML available right now, but will likely wait until later tonight on that. I'm just hoping I'm in a good enough mood/sober enough after the Brewer game tomorrow I don't get stupid with 2Hs if things aren't going well to start.

Looking at Wisconsin offensively.

They scored easily versus Nebraska, who yields 39.8 ppg

They scored somewhat easily after awhile against New Mexico who yields 34.0 ppg

They scored 14 and had trouble moving the ball much against BYU who gives up 29.0 ppg

They scored 21 true points at Iowa (not counting a pointless score) who gives up 17.2 ppg

In retrospect, their best output was vs Western Kentucky, who gives up 23.5 ppg

Now, that WKU game they started each half very slow.

Michigan gives up 15.8 ppg. Now, how much over that can we expect Wisconsin to go? A TD? More?

Obviously these stats all can be skewed in different ways due to opponents but the sample sizes are for a half a season at least.

Just something to chew on.

Yeah Tosu will probably win by 50. WHo knows.

I do think Wisky is the right side here....however, no touch. Will wait for the right times to fade Michigan. They are extremely overrated. It will show soon.

If mich beats wisky and msu then there could be a lot of value with the psu matchup.

I still don't understand what happened in that BYU game. Just can't explain that and wish I'd been distracted from 2H.
Well, BYU was undervalued early in the year...BIG TIME. That game was a gift.

Now, they look like hot garbage.

Very odd.

What are you thinking for a MSU-UM line next week at noon eastern?

Good question. I'd probably want to look back at the GOY number as a baseline and adjust from there. Of course both teams performances this week will play a significant role as well.

If the line was posted TODAY I'm thinking something like mich -9.5.

I think that gives mich roughly the same rating as PSU.

Good question. I'd probably want to look back at the GOY number as a baseline and adjust from there. Of course both teams performances this week will play a significant role as well.

If the line was posted TODAY I'm thinking something like mich -9.5.

I think that gives mich roughly the same rating as PSU.

Thank you.

Pending11/3/18 12:00pm College Props Football 11657 Penn State +4 -110* vs Michigan

3u

Do you agree/disagree with that number?
I wouldn't be surprised at something like that.

Last Saturday night as I started pontificating this number the one that finally settled in my head that we might see is a 6.5

Hunt will disagree, but he can comment on the number he thinks it will be/should be.

Let me say again, I am saying what I see them putting it out as...not what I would value it.

ranked teams favored at home off a bye are 91-62-4 ATS. If you set the parameters to “Top 25 teams that lost their previous game before the bye”, the record jumps to 22-10-2 ATS over the previous 34.

why are only the most recent 34 relevant? what is it about game 35 that makes it irrelevant?

I just flipped a coin 30 times. 20 heads, 10 tails. Heads is 20-10 the last 30, so I guess heads should be -200 on this next flip then.

If Michigan and PSU both win this weekend...I'm going to say offshore throws an opener of -6.5 Michigan for UM vs. MSU.

If either lose, who the fuck knows.

The team total of over 45 on Ohio St is what's catching my eye right now. Any Big 10 teams have homecoming this week?

Homecoming at Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn St

First two are home dogs.

Was wondering the chances Purdue spent some time preparing for next week's home game vs Ohio State rather than fully on ILL?

It's only the biggest game Brohm has ever coached in next week. Big bad Ohio State coming to West Lafayette next week and all this time off to be thinking about who is coming to town next week.

Part of me wants to like ILL just because of that. The other part of me remembers that ILL still isn't really that good.

why are only the most recent 34 relevant? what is it about game 35 that makes it irrelevant?

I just flipped a coin 30 times. 20 heads, 10 tails. Heads is 20-10 the last 30, so I guess heads should be -200 on this next flip then.

great question, just throwing out info i saw online somewhere today. i never follow stuff like that cuz when i was young and followed trends i always ended up on the losing side. just trust my eyes now. betting board, figured id throw it out there, guess its better than bringing up old bs constantly

Why is NW only -3.5 against shitty Corn? Let down from road win at Sparty? Not that big a deal.

Will wait on PSU/MSU in game to see how first half transpires, would believe it will be close and PSU pulls away. Nevertheless, liking over 53. If MSU pass D as bad as everyone says, Trace will get his. MSU rush D really solid, but that doesn't mean they can contain #9 on drop backs when he decides to tuck and run. MSU had better luck throwing the ball all over the field last year vs PSU D, would think more of the same if they want to win. 53 seems short for any PSU game.

Took the bait on Wisky dick +10, bought half. I'll pay to see a party in AA on primetime and announce to the world we are back, though i don't think it will mean we are back. Any Wisconsin team the last 20 years is good enough to hang around any conference game as a DD dog.

I'm all over Northwestern fwiw... could see some b.s. 1 or 2 point win for them as worst case, but don't see Nebraska winning

I'm all over Northwestern fwiw... could see some b.s. 1 or 2 point win for them as worst case, but don't see Nebraska winning

I don’t disagree bout NW prob winnning and covering but think it a little strange you could see a 1-2 point victory but not see them losing. If it was that close wouldn’t it stand to reason it anyone’s game at the end?

Back