Week 6 What Have We Learned

-I said this after week 2, jets are legitimately 0-16 bad. Not sure why books are still overvaluing them.
-Devin Bush torn acl is a huge loss for Pitt, he is a key part of making their defense elite. Expecting some regression
-SF finally decently healthy, showed tonight.
-Wouldnt mind if Baker misses a few games from a potential value perspective. Keenum might be a better fit imo
-loved the spot for Tampa today, wish I bet more on it. GB defense finally got exposed, Tampa is going to continue to improve
-It’s painful watching the patriots offense. Gotta give Cam some help

Jets are generationally bad as long as Flacco is in there. This makes 5 straight weeks they have underperformed against the closing line by double digits. It would be 6 straight if not for a late TD in week 1. Quit trying to guess when they are going to show up and compete and just fade them and collect.

The Bucs and Steelers are the only teams that have a good enough defense to get stops vs Mahomes in the playoffs. Bucs are the best team in the league on paper but something is just off with the offense. Can't put my finger on it.

Titans know how to win tight games. I worry about the defense as they just don't seem to ever get off the field on third down(although I presume this is a league wide issue given the point totals). Love Henry, love Tannehill. This team has been quite beat up by injuries and until today Henry hadn't played to his standard. That's going to change as today was a jumpstarter and as the weather gets cold etc, his yards are going to be there. I think next week is a really tough spot for them though. Statement game against Buffalo and they had to dig pretty deep as Houston played extremely well today. Goes to show how important spot is from week to week. I loved the Titans against Pittsburgh when it was regularly scheduled for week 4 but the dynamic is different for next week. I would include the Steelers in any 3 team 10 or 4 team 13 point tease. If the Titans somehow win next week I can't imagine it's anything but a narrow escape.

The Jets are awful. Miami was -2 in turnovers and didn't convert a third down today yet the game was never remotely close or in danger of being interesting.

I was impressed with Tampa Bay. The spot was great for them, wish I bet more on it. I'm not sure what Brady or their offense looks like at the end of the year. I could see it going either way.

I think we're seeing the downside of brilliance with Bill Belichick. That team simply lacks gamebreakers but I think Bill has always taken pride in finding odd pieces,somehow getting them to fit and then rubbing your face in it when he wins. That can work with a great quarterback but it doesn't work long term with a guy like Cam Newton. New England might win 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs but rest assured they're doing absolutely nothing if they get there.

New England interesting tho. Not that I buy them as serious contenders but Cam 1st game back. And it’s the NFL. Games happen but that was bad.

Your 2nd paragraph is insane. They didn’t convert a 3rd down at all and -2 in TO. That’s crazy.

Titans can ball. I think defense more an overall issue like you said.
Tanny.....trust him in big spots? Not sure but he seems tough and that is a reflection on the HC. I like this team a bunch.

GB. Hmmmm. Man was that 38 unanswered? I read that right? If so, wow.

Football in the NFL almost nightly. It’s weird and I want the stadiums packed again but I kinda like TNF

-I said this after week 2, jets are legitimately 0-16 bad. Not sure why books are still overvaluing them.
-Devin Bush torn acl is a huge loss for Pitt, he is a key part of making their defense elite. Expecting some regression
-Wouldnt mind if Baker misses a few games from a potential value perspective. Keenum might be a better fit imo
-loved the spot for Tampa today, wish I bet more on it. GB defense finally got exposed, Tampa is going to continue to improve
Good notes

Damn on Devin.

Titans know how to win tight games. I worry about the defense as they just don't seem to ever get off the field on third down(although I presume this is a league wide issue given the point totals). Love Henry, love Tannehill. This team has been quite beat up by injuries and until today Henry hadn't played to his standard. That's going to change as today was a jumpstarter and as the weather gets cold etc, his yards are going to be there. I think next week is a really tough spot for them though. Statement game against Buffalo and they had to dig pretty deep as Houston played extremely well today. Goes to show how important spot is from week to week. I loved the Titans against Pittsburgh when it was regularly scheduled for week 4 but the dynamic is different for next week. I would include the Steelers in any 3 team 10 or 4 team 13 point tease. If the Titans somehow win next week I can't imagine it's anything but a narrow escape.

The Jets are awful. Miami was -2 in turnovers and didn't convert a third down today yet the game was never remotely close or in danger of being interesting.

I was impressed with Tampa Bay. The spot was great for them, wish I bet more on it. I'm not sure what Brady or their offense looks like at the end of the year. I could see it going either way.

I think we're seeing the downside of brilliance with Bill Belichick. That team simply lacks gamebreakers but I think Bill has always taken pride in finding odd pieces,somehow getting them to fit and then rubbing your face in it when he wins. That can work with a great quarterback but it doesn't work long term with a guy like Cam Newton. New England might win 9 or 10 games and make the playoffs but rest assured they're doing absolutely nothing if they get there.
Great post

Is there any chance that Miami is actually pretty good and is flying WAY under the radar? Everyone is dogging teams for losing to Miami, but maybe they actually have something good going?

i think the titans d will be fine by playoff time. Clowney and Beasley working their way into full game shape, breaking in a rookie corner on the secondary, 1st year without Casey, not to mention they did have the short turnaround. The d looked great 1h then possibly tired some abs Watson went off. Plus their best d is to pound the rock w Henry.

jets are a mess. Gase has lost that locker room. You can’t lose Adams and Bell with both going off on him and expect otherwise. Only reason they probably haven’t fired him is because they have no guy in house to interim. Williams hasn’t been good as DC so it’s not gonna be him. Both will be gone

wentz is gonna have a short career unless Philly gets him help. Takes way too many hits

Foles still wins

Favorite line of sports talk last week - Did you ever think you'd get another chance to bet against Joe Flacco?

Bucs remind me of the Brady Patriots. Stiff defense, varied weapons on O, the maestro at the helm, took a few weeks to get their legs under them, now they start to roll. Hope you like watching them, 4 of next 5 going in prime time.

Patriots remind me of the Shaun King Bucs. Tell me at the start of the week that my survivor pick wouldn't allow a TD and I'd say giddyup! WTF

Is Miami for real? Uhhh, no. I watched a lot of that game. Fitzpatrick is still flawed and Tua isn't ready. And Parker tweaked a groin for his yearly injury. They can compete in the AFC East though and the D has some talent.

Devastating loss for the Browns...pushing that boulder up the hill, almost to the top, then it rolls back over them. There is a clear separation in the AFC North between Pittsburgh/Baltimore and the Ohio teams. Steelers D returned in a big way, including Minkah, got to give credit when its due. Bush is a big loss that will show against teams with a strong TE (ahem KC & Baltimore).

The Bears? Hell if I know. Their D is good. The Titans? They will win a bunch more this year but maybe not next week. Great matchup of unbeatens for prime tim.........wait, what? 1:00 pm? NBC probably would have flexed it but I'm sure Al was already pumped for a weekend in Vegas.

Buttoned up Tampa will be very difficult to beat. None of the stupid penalties, etc. gets you that result yesterday. Question is can they keep that up and the idiocy down. Jury's out. Brady won't tolerate it so thinking there's a good chance they do.

It looked like they had 13 players on defense yesterday. Just toyed with Rodgers and the GB offense. And that got us the predictable Rodgers reaction with the body language of a fence post.

Is there any chance that Miami is actually pretty good and is flying WAY under the radar? Everyone is dogging teams for losing to Miami, but maybe they actually have something good going?

their game planning is second to none. They identified weaknesses vs 9ers and pounced like I’ve never seen. 9ers did not expect that!

i think saying packers got “exposed” is a bit much. They still gonna be one the last 4 standing in the nfc imo. You could tell adams and Rodgers hadn’t been getting any practice time lately and hell, sometimes these games just happen. They ran into a pissed off bucs team who had a mini bye to stew about the bears loss.

I didn’t know devin Bush gone for the year. That really hurts what has become easily the best front 7 in the league imo.

Titans are the greatest team ever. Tannenhill a future HOFer, appears Henry still has some juice after last year. They Havnt even had their full compliment of wrs yet!! I admit it you fucking titans fans, last year playoff run wasn’t a fluke. They the most dangerous team to kc right now!

i think saying packers got “exposed” is a bit much. They still gonna be one the last 4 standing in the nfc imo. You could tell adams and Rodgers hadn’t been getting any practice time lately and hell, sometimes these games just happen. They ran into a pissed off bucs team who had a mini bye to stew about the bears loss.

I didn’t know devin Bush gone for the year. That really hurts what has become easily the best front 7 in the league imo.
I said their defense was exposed. No doubt they’re still among the stronger nfc teams

I said their defense was exposed. No doubt they’re still among the stronger nfc teams

bucs were super focused. No penalties, no sacks, no turnovers, I don’t think anyone goes into that game at Tampa yesterday and wins. That was the Brady effect right there. Lol. I’m not real sure how bad or good packs defense is? I think we kinda saw some of what their problem was against the niners last year. Bucs straight up Gave them a physical beat down with 150 on the ground and finally getting Gronk involved. Packers could use someone that brings a more physical mindset to that d.

bucs were super focused. No penalties, no sacks, no turnovers, I don’t think anyone goes into that game at Tampa yesterday and wins. That was the Brady effect right there. Lol. I’m not real sure how bad or good packs defense is? I think we kinda saw some of what their problem was against the niners last year. Bucs straight up Gave them a physical beat down with 150 on the ground and finally getting Gronk involved. Packers could use someone that brings a more physical mindset to that d.
Still in shock and awe they only gave up 57 total yards after the first Q

Titans are the greatest team ever. Tannenhill a future HOFer, appears Henry still has some juice after last year. They Havnt even had their full compliment of wrs yet!! I admit it you fucking titans fans, last year playoff run wasn’t a fluke. They the most dangerous team to kc right now!

i didn’t even mention tannenhill is almost a full yard per attempt better than the next qb on list since he took over!!! If ya’ll know anything bout me other than how awesome I am it’s I can admit when I am wrong!! I was way way way wrong on this!!

the beautiful silver lining on this? Jfc how much more pathetic does Adam Gase look?!?!?? How does this supposed offensive know it all ever get another job again?? Not only for how pathetic he has made the jets (you know in 8 games without Darnold these Mf’ers average 92 yards a game? Total!!), if that alone isn’t enough this loser actually had tannenhill and everyone thought poor kid was a bust when the truth was his coach was a flaming fucking moron!!!

maybe mike holmgren owes him a favor like he did that clown Nolan and next year Gase be the Dallas QB coach!!! Lmfao

Last edited:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."​

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

well it the idiot owner. Yes the Dallas coaching staff a joke but that’s because the asshole Owner insist on being the one in charge. Why doesn’t Jerry just name himself coach? Is that allowed? I mean might as well since the puppet coaches he hires have no authority! Like say fat boy tries to discipline Zeke what happens? Zeke goes and cries to Jerry and Jerry tells fat boy not to pick on Zeke! It a damn circus!

I was completely underwhelmed by Miami. Fitzpatrick still sucks and I don't believe in Tua at all.

Some smart team will swoop in and give jets a mid-late 1st round pick for Darnold and turn him into a winner in no time!!!
Pittsburgh and New Orleans are the two I could see swooping in but I don't think he gets traded unless they have Lawrence locked in with the first overall pick. If the Jets trade Darnold and draft Fields I am throwing in the towel as a fan of these losers.

Pittsburgh and New Orleans are the two I could see swooping in but I don't think he gets traded unless they have Lawrence locked in with the first overall pick. If the Jets trade Darnold and draft Fields I am throwing in the towel as a fan of these losers.

oh I think it pretty safe to say they locked in to the 1 pick!!! I don’t see them winning a game unless Darnold just wills them to one. These Mfers so bad nfl should give them the 1st 2 picks!!!

oh I think it pretty safe to say they locked in to the 1 pick!!! I don’t see them winning a game unless Darnold just wills them to one. These Mfers so bad nfl should give them the 1st 2 picks!!!
They have a tough schedule so they will probably lose any tiebreakers. If they don’t go 0-16 they probably won’t be drafting first.

I would inquire about Fitz if I was Dallas...,.Dalton looks terrible

fitz as inconsistent as ginger. If you let either of them play rest of season you will get some good, some awful, some in-between. I don’t think qb is the problem. They only had 1 win with Dak throwing for 450 a game!! Their problems start at owner and end with the crappy coaches he hires!!

I just saw a fitz interview about Tua taking over, it was kinda sad.

fitz as inconsistent as ginger. If you let either of them play rest of season you will get some good, some awful, some in-between. I don’t think qb is the problem. They only had 1 win with Dak throwing for 450 a game!! Their problems start at owner and end with the crappy coaches he hires!!

I just saw a fitz interview about Tua taking over, it was kinda sad.

Dalton looks horrendous, Fitz would be an upgrade in a winnable division

Dalton looks horrendous, Fitz would be an upgrade in a winnable division

it was his 1st game in quite awhile, plus as someone mentioned I had totally forgot he always been known for sucking in prime time! I’ve seen fitz look pretty fucking bad himself. Magic often turns tragic. I just don’t think over the course of 10-11 games (or whatever they got left) there probably be all that much difference between the 2. The ginger water pistol will get it together and prob play some decent games.

It’s killing me to be sticking up for him btw! I’ve never liked him but he has lead many a bungals team to the playoffs! Hell he prob only needs to go 4-6 to make it! 6 wins seriously could win this shitshow division!

Back