Week 15 What Are We Learning

In fairness to him it not like he alone, almost to the point you could say if ya ain’t flopping you ain’t trying. Soccer culture has infected hoops and football. It’s annoying but I think it a generational thing for most part, you would never catch me fake falling (flopping) cause I would never let the other man think his pussy ass hit knocked me to the ground! Def a badge of honor to me and other tough guys of a certain age not to go down if they can at all help it. Kids these days don’t care how pussy it looks long as they get the 15 yards or free throw attempts!!
Makes it just so hard to root for these guys

Makes it just so hard to root for these guys

If it was just a couple of them blatantly doing if I’d hear ya, but it is basically all of them doing it all the time, I seriously don’t even notice it like in the way I would have back in my younger years. I wouidnt be able to get back to the qb fast enough so I could keep putting him on his ass and telling him bout it! Or if playing hoops be dying for dude to come back to the rack so I could lay him out again! Just a different world.

If it was just a couple of them blatantly doing if I’d hear ya, but it is basically all of them doing it all the time, I seriously don’t even notice it like in the way I would have back in my younger years. I wouidnt be able to get back to the qb fast enough so I could keep putting him on his ass and telling him bout it! Or if playing hoops be dying for dude to come back to the rack so I could lay him out again! Just a different world.
That is so smart to reference an old tv show in a comment on how things have changed. Awesome stuff!

Not sure why it has taken me till week 15 of my 45th year on this earth to learn this but it probably a bad idea to have so much riding on 2 tight ends and a wr who were dependent on drew lock and Zach Wilson to get their incredibly meager yardage totals?!?!?!?!! Whoops, lol

Eagles need to start worrying for real.

Kinda feel like making Matt Patricia the DC in middle the week was indeed them worrying! Not exactly the kind of strong move that screams “everything good here, we know the D will step up when we need them!”. Then the d comes out against a offense w a terrible qb and allows them to run all over, as if that isn’t bad enough when seattle is down late and has to pass they allow said awful backup qb to drive right down the field and score! Announcing to the world not only does our pass d still suck but now you can also run the ball if you feel like it!

Obviously Patricia or anyone else wasn’t gonna step in and make the d significantly different or better in a week. Can he do anything that improves them in the next month? Don’t think he the kind of guy everyone gonna rally behind and play harder, I have no clue if he really is some kinda genius when it comes to the X’s and O’s or just calling the game from that side? I know the secondary has issues but normally they hsve a pretty damn good corner w slay, the front 7 has more than enough talent, I’d say they have def been underperforming and there more than enough talent to get this fixed.

Aaron STFU seriously just stop talking because you sound like an idiot defending Saleh and Hackett. I know he's getting paid to appear on Mcafee each week and he feels the need to defend these guys but when you say good things about these coaches you lose a lot of respect.

Aaron STFU seriously just stop talking because you sound like an idiot defending Saleh and Hackett. I know he's getting paid to appear on Mcafee each week and he feels the need to defend these guys but when you say good things about these coaches you lose a lot of respect.
You think he’s gonna trash em from the bench?
Cmon dude. I know it’s bad in Jetland but you know better than that

You think he’s gonna trash em from the bench?
Cmon dude. I know it’s bad in Jetland but you know better than that
Honestly I would like him to either retire or go somewhere else because his influence on this team has been nothing short of disastrous.

Honestly I would like him to either retire or go somewhere else because his influence on this team has been nothing short of disastrous.

Yeah his Hackett nut lickin is borderline pathetic. Guy might be the worst game caller of all time, I should know, I bet against him every week on tt unders...actually dating back to last year with Russ. He benefitted from having Rodgers for so many years in GB, who basically grew up in this terrible version of the West coast offense.

You have to be insanely accurate and throw in tight windows in this offense. There's no creativity, no motion, nothing. Very bland. Just hope your receivers get separation.

I tried to listen to that pod, that segment once and couldn't last 5 minutes. Listening to two overly self-absorbed people talk to each other has never kept my interest.

Yeah his Hackett nut lickin is borderline pathetic. Guy might be the worst game caller of all time, I should know, I bet against him every week on tt unders...actually dating back to last year with Russ. He benefitted from having Rodgers for so many years in GB, who basically grew up in this terrible version of the West coast offense.

You have to be insanely accurate and throw in tight windows in this offense. There's no creativity, no motion, nothing. Very bland. Just hope your receivers get separation.
Its beyond infuriating watching him blow Hackett every time he does an interview. You just lose any and all credibility defending anyone that is as bad at his job as Hackett is.

Yea, it’s actually a nice offense(his and Carmichael need tweaking for sure)and will win you games. But like you said. Brees, Rodgers, Manning type level needed for success though

Yea, it’s actually a nice offense(his and Carmichael need tweaking for sure)and will win you games. But like you said. Brees, Rodgers, Manning type level needed for success though
If you need Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees in order to score points its anything but a nice offensive system.

That's the whole point bro, you need a hall of fame qb to run that shit.

You have maybe 5-8 teams who will score or open it up, that's it.

Dolphins
KC
Lions
Dallas (sometimes)
Buffalo (sometimes)
Bengals with Burrow
Eagles (despite recent slide)
Niners (when all healthy)

Ravens don't really open it up, more of a run first team, and just don't have the Wr's...but when they use them and pass first they can be deadly. Missing Andrews for that part.

Let's be honest here though, 75% of the offenses are awful in the NFL.
I do like what you said regarding the TE being a product of the running game and how it affects a running QB. It's no secret that's why McBride is having a breakout season here, hell he's probably the best TE in Cardinals history and it's only his 2nd year!

I do like what you said regarding the TE being a product of the running game and how it affects a running QB. It's no secret that's why McBride is having a breakout season here, hell he's probably the best TE in Cardinals history and it's only his 2nd year!

Yeah the TE is an extension with the ability to block on the interior or go out in the open. Can be split wide. NFL coaches that know how to use their Tight Ends are smart. Those teams go far usually.

Yeah the TE is an extension with the ability to block on the interior or go out in the open. Can be split wide. NFL coaches that know how to use their Tight Ends are smart. Those teams go far usually.

Bengals missing a tight end bad. Only missing piece imo.

George Pickens is a flat-out pussy. The rumblings have been out there for awhile that he consistently takes plays off but now he's admitted it himself.

Mcdermmet is my coach of the year. Never thought much of the guy but getting rid of Dorsey and putting a run game in is coach of year type stuff completely changing the identify from a soft one dimensional team to one that is now a real threat

How many NFL teams can run the ball ? Dallas done messed up changing their system this year they can't run power

Running the ball is key to winning in NFL. No teams can run anymore but San fran Detroit and Baltimore. Analytics and gms it's all about the pass

Actually surprised eagles can't run this year...not sure why

Stop it. McDermott is likely to be fired after this year if the Bills don't win the SB (they aren't). He's an absolutely horrible in game manager, and Dorsey was used as the scapegoat (which almost everyone in Buffalo predicted would be the case).

The Bills were actually running the ball all year, and successfully too. You can go and eheck the stats, it's true. The issue was the turnovers, which it would be for any team, and then things like 12 men on the field on a missed FG that ended up costing them the game. By the way, Dorsey was fired after that game...which was clearly the fault of the HC and special teams coach and nothing at all to do with Dorsey.

Running is kind of needed in the NFL these days, yes but successfully running isn't necessarily what's needed as silly as that may sound. Just the consistency of running the ball and not allowing the defense to simply pin their ears back and go all out after the QB on pass plays is more important than actually running it successfully.

Obviously if you can rush the ball successfully it helps even more, but it's just not necessary. Check the stats for the team rushing stats. By yards per carry it's CHI, BAL, BUF, ATL, NYG, LV, SEA, CLE, SF, and JAX.

If you just do it by total yards rushing...CHI, BAL, ATL, NYG, PHI, CLE, SF, DAL, BUF, CAR.

In each of those top 10s, maybe half of those teams are even going to make the playoffs.

Stop it. McDermott is likely to be fired after this year if the Bills don't win the SB (they aren't). He's an absolutely horrible in game manager, and Dorsey was used as the scapegoat (which almost everyone in Buffalo predicted would be the case).

The Bills were actually running the ball all year, and successfully too. You can go and eheck the stats, it's true. The issue was the turnovers, which it would be for any team, and then things like 12 men on the field on a missed FG that ended up costing them the game. By the way, Dorsey was fired after that game...which was clearly the fault of the HC and special teams coach and nothing at all to do with Dorsey.

Running is kind of needed in the NFL these days, yes but successfully running isn't necessarily what's needed as silly as that may sound. Just the consistency of running the ball and not allowing the defense to simply pin their ears back and go all out after the QB on pass plays is more important than actually running it successfully.

Obviously if you can rush the ball successfully it helps even more, but it's just not necessary. Check the stats for the team rushing stats. By yards per carry it's CHI, BAL, BUF, ATL, NYG, LV, SEA, CLE, SF, and JAX.

If you just do it by total yards rushing...CHI, BAL, ATL, NYG, PHI, CLE, SF, DAL, BUF, CAR.

In each of those top 10s, maybe half of those teams are even going to make the playoffs.

Nah, Buffalo didn't run like this early in year or even halfway. They threw a lot on first downs or had Allen try to make something of nothing. It was a pass first team and this was their problem last year too.

Their are feeding and feeding the run game, they'd step away earlier in year. It's night and day from Dorsey to Brady.

Nah, Buffalo didn't run like this early in year or even halfway. They threw a lot on first downs or had Allen try to make something of nothing. It was a pass first team and this was their problem last year too.

Their are feeding and feeding the run game, they'd step away earlier in year. It's night and day from Dorsey to Brady.

Meh. They were 6th in rushing yards and 8th in attempts last year. I think it’s a little deceiving as far as how much/successful they have run the ball.

Honestly I only really know about it because that’s all that’s brought up on the local sports station when they’re talking Bills. And anytime a fan calls in complaining, the hosts give them the stats and kinda prove they run more than thought.

They do throw a lot on 1st down though, you’re right there.

Last edited:

Turnovers were because the offense was still forcing things down the field...it's night and day...the passes now are dump offs check downs...it starts short to long progressions Dorsey offense was looking long then short

Coming into year McDermott wanted more runs and they drafted a tight end I do think Dorsey ran it more then before but the efficiency and effectiveness weren't there ......end of day when they needed something it was still let josh sling it down the field and hope something happens

The oc change has brought much more effectiveness even if the intent might of been similar .....there are most definitely changes I think it starts with Allen progressing short and not forcing it

Jax or giants or Seattle good rushing teams ? Not a chance. 2 best teams in league are best at rushing ravens and 49ers

Everyone plays defense to defend the pass.

Turnovers were because the offense was still forcing things down the field...it's night and day...the passes now are dump offs check downs...it starts short to long progressions Dorsey offense was looking long then short

Coming into year McDermott wanted more runs and they drafted a tight end I do think Dorsey ran it more then before but the efficiency and effectiveness weren't there ......end of day when they needed something it was still let josh sling it down the field and hope something happens

The oc change has brought much more effectiveness even if the intent might of been similar .....there are most definitely changes I think it starts with Allen progressing short and not forcing it

Jax or giants or Seattle good rushing teams ? Not a chance. 2 best teams in league are best at rushing ravens and 49ers

Everyone defends the pass for sure. Kinda have to in today’s game.

My real point in all of this was that Dorsey was simply a scapegoat for McDermott. Josh hand picked him to be OC, they were great on offense this year and then slipped a bit this year but we’re still averaging 24 pts a game. The OC (or DC) usually end up being the scapegoats, it just kind of is what it is.

If the defense (McDermott’s defense) didn’t choke the game away against NE and then again against Denver (they also allowed TB to come back and force OT), their record would have been 8-4 instead of 6-6 at the time and nobody would have been fired. It may end up being a blessing in disguise if the offense can keep rolling and the defense playing well.

First part so true, they took a lot of high risk shots on early downs..now there is more flow.

Everyone defends the pass for sure. Kinda have to in today’s game.

My real point in all of this was that Dorsey was simply a scapegoat for McDermott. Josh hand picked him to be OC, they were great on offense this year and then slipped a bit this year but we’re still averaging 24 pts a game. The OC (or DC) usually end up being the scapegoats, it just kind of is what it is.

If the defense (McDermott’s defense) didn’t choke the game away against NE and then again against Denver (they also allowed TB to come back and force OT), their record would have been 8-4 instead of 6-6 at the time and nobody would have been fired. It may end up being a blessing in disguise if the offense can keep rolling and the defense playing well.

This team is night and day better on offense..it's just too bad the injuries happend on D. I think you guys still go deep though, that change galvanized the team.

The stat regarding buffalo running a bunch last year is a bit deceiving in that they led almost every game in the fourth quarter last year. I think last year was odd in that I don't think the best team from either conference made the super bowl. Bills matchup terribly with the Bengals and so they didn't make it and we all know what happened to the niners last year.

Great team. They can make a run but we can say that about most of the AFC teams. No clear differential among those teams unlike the way the NFC is.

Great team. They can make a run but we can say that about most of the AFC teams. No clear differential among those teams unlike the way the NFC is.
Baltimore at home in the playoffs will have a distinct advantage every time Lamar takes the field. I do think there is a gap between them and KC/Miami/Buff, crazy how their defense still doesn't get mentioned much.

Not sure what to expect this weekend considering it's everyone's SB at this point. Guessing vanilla...

Back