Week 6 SEC Discussion

Likely a cancel, obviously if you had one of the other teams you'd sure hope canceling the LSU game would nullify your wagers

wonder how that affects my "Gators to win the East " bet, should all the other East teams suddenly lose multiple games?

I could see the books canceling
I don't see why they would cancel. SEC rules state the division winner is the team with the highest winning percentage and doesn't lay out any contingencies for cancelled games.

ETA: And I assume the wording in the wager states the East winner is the team that plays in Atlanta.

I don't think LSU will win out by any means.

But holy hell it would be bad if we do and the Alabama/A&M winner doesn't have any other losses other than to LSU.

If it was LSU/UT in the SECCG after that scenario I would pay for a several year medically induced hibernation

I really want the shot to beat UT twice in one year. Would love even a third if all hell brakes loose and both got into playoff with all other top 25 teams having 3 or 4 losses

If it was LSU/UT in the SECCG after that scenario I would pay for a several year medically induced hibernation
In that scenario the Alabama/A&M winner would win the West at 7-1 after losing H2H against 6-1 LSU.

If Florida can win at Arkansas (can they?) it looks like they'll have a decent shot at winning the East at 6-1 over 6-2 Tennessee.

I have to imagine they would play the game at that point lol, no f'n way that sticks

In that scenario the Alabama/A&M winner would win the West at 7-1 after losing H2H against 6-1 LSU.

If Florida can win at Arkansas (can they?) it looks like they'll have a decent shot at winning the East at 6-1 over 6-2 Tennessee.

Florida won't win at Arkansas. That game is the first week in November which is when Bielema and team morph into a super-human hybrid of Badger and Boar

I don't see why they would cancel. SEC rules state the division winner is the team with the highest winning percentage and doesn't lay out any contingencies for cancelled games.

ETA: And I assume the wording in the wager states the East winner is the team that plays in Atlanta.

heard this yesterday too

now i know why Butch flew off the handle with what he said

heard this yesterday too

now i know why Butch flew off the handle with what he said
It surprised me he had a reaction. Just take care of business Butch and it won't matter. All you can do is focus on your own team. It will all work itself out. Being a Vols fan, good for Florida it's in the rules and Florida still has SEC gms to win or lose

Found a bet I liked for tonight.

SMU TT U25.5

There's not a whole lot I can find to like about the SMU offense. Once QB Matt Davis went out things went from bad to worse for SMU. Ben Hicks just isn't close to the player that Davis was right now. Since he took over the offense, their scoring outputs have been 13-Baylor, 29-Liberty, 3-TCU, 20-Temple. SMU is ranked top 10 in inefficient offense - if they don't hit a big play they don't have a chance of consistently moving it. The national average of offensive success rate (efficiency) is 41% - their past 4 games they have been 33% (Baylor), 36% (Liberty), 28% (TCU), 27% (Temple). That is terrible. And here's the thing, when I look at that list I'm not exactly wow'd by the defensive prowesses of those teams - far from it. I'm not wow'd by the Tulsa defense either but it appears to me they have improved a ton from last season. The giving up 41 to Fresno last week is of concern at least on the surface but it fits with the Tulsa defensive profile of playing very efficient defense but showing susceptibility to big plays. Lats game they gave 31 to Tulsa with 10 min to go in the 2Q but buckled down from there and only allowed 10 points on 196 yards from that point on through double OT. They just got killed on big plays early which as I mentioned has been something they have show they are willing to do - however if teams aren't hitting huge plays then they are actually a really solid statistical defense - they are actually top 5 in that category. I touched on the inefficiency of the SMU offense and said their only way the look like they will do much scoring is on big plays but I'm betting they don't in this game. They haven't shown they can hit enough against a bevy of bad defenses faced thus far and I don't expect they start here based on what I've seen from them with my eyes. I think the SMU offense is on a comparable level with the SJSU offense which scored 10 against Tulsa. Two weeks for Tulsa to prepare for this anemic offense is god news. There are two real concerns and that is the aforementioned big play and also the tempo which both teams are comfortable playing at. All of that being said, I can't resist taking this offense, which I consider to be one of the worst in CFB and play their TT U at this number.

This is a good read on injuries and where things are at with SMU: http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...rching-effort-accountability-passion-vs-tulsa

Last edited:
Found another I like tonight:

Boise St -10 1H -120

Huge disparity in 1H performers.

Boise avg 1H score: 22.5 - 5
N Mex avg 1H score: 23-21

In the S&P+ quarterly rankings:

NM:
Q1 O: 50 - Q1 D: 128
Q2 O: 104 - Q2 D: 124

Boise
Q1 O: 3 - Q1 D: 14
Q2 O: 38 - Q2 D: 21

Boise been practicing against option in both spring and fall camp in preparation for this game and the finale against AFA. Boise hasn't been good against option in past few years, while under diff DC's, they are 4-3 SU and 0-7 ATS last 4 years against option teams and it seems they will be more prepared this game especially given that New Mex preferred QB is out - backup can't pass a lick - and their home run threat at RB is hobbled.

Brent Musberger just told Finebaum his bookmaker special of the week was Auburn. Kiss of death right there damnit.

It looks like Chubb, Samuel and Edwards will be back Sunday for the UGA/USCe game and forecast calling for upper 70's and sunny. My USCe +8.5 bet was cancelled due to postponement and with it not being a night game I'll prob pass on USCe. One of my outs had 40 for the total and I added the OVER on that one - I would expect this to close a FG higher assuming weather reports stay looking good

Good to see u Carlo :cheers3:

Auburn/Miss St up to 56 - took a shot on UNDER. Hoping Legatron keeps booting FG for Auburn instead of TD and the front 7's dominate like they should

Curious to hear any thoughts you may have on the PAC 12 games?

Oregon and Stanford have owned these two for the last several years, and now they both have their backs against the wall so to speak. Although Stanford and Oregon are down from previous editions, especially Oregon, I think that the styles they play are tough matchups. Maybe I'm way off, but I think Oregon uses HFA to get an early lead and Washington wins a one score game late. I think Stanford blows them out

Auburn/Miss St up to 56 - took a shot on UNDER. Hoping Legatron keeps booting FG for Auburn instead of TD and the front 7's dominate like they should

On it too. 21-19 Miss st win

Thanks for the picks all year....gives me something to do while building dfs lineups.

I ain't betting against them 2nd half unless it's a stupid line

Took it on the chin yesterday. Gonna really go through my PRs today before looking at next week

Back