Week 6- Double up weekend?

DiceMan

Pretty much a regular
It's nearing that time. 2 rough NFL weeks in a row hurt my account, and coupled with the fact that in between NFL weekends I'd place a bet here and there on hockey (and generally lose) I may need to try and double up this weekend with 2 solid bets. I have around 6.3 units left, so I'm looking at 2 3 unit plays, and a .3 unit parlay. I gotta be smart about this though, so I may not even lock anything in until Sunday morning.

Here's where I'm leaning though.

Chiefs +7 - With the Steelers coming off 3 straight losses, I can't see a win for them this weekend coming by over a TD. KC is a solid under the radar team that is certainly capable of putting up points against the Steelers.

Bengals -5.5 - I could get them tonight at -5 with Free Hook Friday, which is a nice change from the -6 yesterday. However Cincy really worries me because it seems like Carson Palmer is still under the impressions that turning the ball over is a good way to score points.

Eagles -3.5 - I'd have to buy the hook here and take them at -3, but the Saints don't seem like a match for the explosive Eagles offense.

Haven't looked at O/Us yet either, or I could try a teaser to keep things safer. I hope this works out, because having to re-deposit is such a freakin hassle. It's been a while since I made this first deposit, and I don't want it to end not even halfway through the season.

I think the Steelers are going to crush the Chiefs.

Steelers off three straight losses, and the Chiefs lucky to win in AZ, with a depleted offensive line, a banged up LJ, and Damon Huard at QB, doesn't bode well for KC.

Also, a Teaser doesn't make anything "safer" IMO, it just creates more risk at lower reward.

I think the Pitt line being at 7 tells you who Covers...will be on Pitt pretty big.

B.A.R. said:
I think the Pitt line being at 7 tells you who Covers...will be on Pitt pretty big.

couldnt have said it any better myself. i dont think i will hit pitt but we will see

Tru....this will be a game that plenty are on KC due to seeing that TD..it may fit a fade system by sunday

Thanks for the info, sounds like I can find a safer bet than KC. Still have plenty of time to make my final decision at least! GL with Pittsburgh!

ive watched every chiefs game w/ great pride, as i should...ill have some on the chiefs ml (the steelers have cost me 2 weeks in a row...this will make it 3 more than likely)

i liked how we played cinci compared to pitt against cinci. huard is underappreciated around this country but his short passing game and screens are very successful (hence his high comp. rate.) LJ will be fine; he is actually insane, and thirsts for blood--he's a crazy mother fucker guys, seriously, he's not the biggest guy in the world but the look in his eyes is full of fiery anger. many stupid mistakes kept the game so close against AZ for the chiefs (they should have covered the 3.5 spread but LJ of course got face masked to the ground b4 he could get the td.)

pitts performance is recorded through their record, i've heard all the arguements saying that this is how they started last season and blah blah blah. I dont expect anything special from the steelers this season, but i do see a chiefs s/u win.

KingKrunked-SMODOD said:
ive watched every chiefs game w/ great pride, as i should...ill have some on the chiefs ml (the steelers have cost me 2 weeks in a row...this will make it 3 more than likely)

i liked how we played cinci compared to pitt against cinci. huard is underappreciated around this country but his short passing game and screens are very successful (hence his high comp. rate.) LJ will be fine; he is actually insane, and thirsts for blood--he's a crazy mother fucker guys, seriously, he's not the biggest guy in the world but the look in his eyes is full of fiery anger. many stupid mistakes kept the game so close against AZ for the chiefs (they should have covered the 3.5 spread but LJ of course got face masked to the ground b4 he could get the td.)

pitts performance is recorded through their record, i've heard all the arguements saying that this is how they started last season and blah blah blah. I dont expect anything special from the steelers this season, but i do see a chiefs s/u win.

This game isn't about the matchup or records. Take a look at the line and listen to it. Vegas has handicapped the game, and this is their number.

I've been in front of this computer looking at lines for hours now, and I still haven't made any progress. I decided the Bengals were too risky to bet on, but I'm still kinda liking KC & the Eagles. (But I hate going against Flava's POW...) The other line that caught my eye was Fins/Jets 1'st Half Over 17.

Looks like it'll be a game time decision. Which of course means I've gotta wake up a good hour before I have to get to work unlike the 15 minutes I usually give myself to get ready. Maybe I'll find a good prop in the morning. Who knows.

Fondybadger said:
I'm really liking the Bengals, why do you feel they're too risky?

I don't like all the turnovers I've been seeing in their games. As a Patriots fan I've seen how fast a really bad turnover can change a game right around.

Alright, I've got 1 game and a parlay so far.

Eagles -3 (3 Units)

Parlay-

Jets ML
Bears ML
Skins ML
Giants ML
Eagles -3
(Risking .2 Units to win 2.4 Units)

I'm gonna be late for work now, so I decided to go with my initial feeling. I liked the Bengals at -6. Then I decided it might be a risky bet, but now they're at -4.5. Not only will I get to go with my initial feeling, but I'll now get better odds on it. Here we are.

Bengals -4.5 (3 Units)

GL Everyone. Wish I could stay and watch the games.

Well that's why I'm "Diceman" and not "GoodAtSportsBettingMan"...

I'm not sure what I want to do yet though. I found out redepositing is a whole lot easier than making the first deposit, so there's a good chance I'll be back in this by next week. But I've become such a mush in the past few weeks maybe I'm better off just sitting the rest of the season out. I think I'll go in for 5 more units, only because I see some lines this coming weekend I actually like instead of forcing bets on myself that I'm unsure of.

GL on MNF tonight!

I'd use that money on CFB is you're unsure. NFL is harder and in CFB theres usually a lot of concensus games on this board. If you just follow those you should be fine. Theres a lot more disagreement in NFL as far as discussion goes.

Back