Week 5 What Have We Learned

The Dallas Cowboys have given up more points than any team has scored this year.
180pts 36avg(granted some teams have some extended/early byes). Murray is going to think he's back in high school , considering he sealed some state championships in the same bldg.

Faves:6-6 two pending
O/U: 5-7 In the previous week, the morning games were heavy over/afternoon under. This week all afternoon games go over. Probably useless info , but an observation.
MNF O/U: 1-4-1

I thought the overs may be for lack of holding calls, but possibly PI?
Only 12 games so far this week, but the number from yesterday is virtually one/gm.

Penalties By Week - Per Game​

Note: Offsetting and Declined penalties are ignored, except where specified.
Totals756.53103.453.53.030.530

As far as tonight goes.
New Orleans leads the league.

Overall Totals By Team - Per Game​

New Orleans42.7561.000.001.751.000.5012.000.000.500.00
LA Chargers40.000.000.000.000.000.255.000.000.000.25

Holding calls increased yesterday/game.

Totals758.8385.23.815.021.180.66

Anyone believe in Pittsburgh?

I have since last year. It’s hard to tell by scores these days but that defense is legit! I mean they almost went to the playoffs last year with QBs who shouldn’t even be backups under center! Figured long as Ben could get back to himself they would for sure be a playoff team.

God damn can they draft and develop WRs! Does any team turn more little known prospects into stars at that position? Claypool, Washington, and JuJu is a very good trio! They do the same with linebackers! Those 2 positions steelers scouting knows what they doing!! They obviously develop those positions as well they draft them! It was so smart to go out and trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick last year as they never would have found this big a impact player in the secondary with that mid 1st round pick!!!!

This defense gives them a chance vs anyone, I think Ben and co can put up 30+ when needed. The defense takes the ball away (actually think they will start getting more turnovers than they gave up to this point) and Ben has been really good protecting it, I don’t know if he simply getting away with some that not being caught or he being smart with his decisions?

really looking forward to this upcoming week vs browns!!

DK Metcalf is fucking awesome! Him and Russ are gonna go down as a all time combo!! The way Russ throws the deep ball and the way this dude goes and gets it a match made in football heaven! Was there any doubt he was gonna make that play on 4th down? With a wet ball in the rain!!! (I just realized you could ask “what play?” since he did it twice!!! I was talking bout the touchdown more than the bomb which again just showed off his greatness!). Kid is not only a bad ass but he big time and only 23!!!!

Holding calls increased yesterday/game.

Totals758.8385.23.815.021.180.66

thanks for this, I was incredibly curious cause I thought it seemed like they were actually calling some the same holds I been seeing the entire 1st month!!! I wonder if NFL has decided they have now had enough time and are gonna start calling things?

Cam Newton and Alexander Mattison each get one yard, Seattle is a nondescript 3-2

I think Cleveland is better than we thought but not as good as they look.

Last year in week 5, KC lost to Indy and then Houston back to back. The sky was falling. They couldn’t play d, They will be fine. I will say this. I was prepared to lay the wood to KC -2.5 at the BetOnline open. This is going to sound crazy but I do like them but this offense is significantly different without Sammy Watkins. There is a noteworthy drop off to Robinson on the outside and Hardman is much better in the slot. I see Buffalo getting a lot of pressure on KC but upon watching the film again, Mahomes was bailing on pockets that weren’t collapsing multiple times. It really was an odd offensive performance. Major tiebreaking scenarios here for end of season as well. KC would have it on just about everyone

AFC South and NFC East. Vomit.

Niners are not ok.

Panthers are a fascinating watch. The narrative was rebuilding. Then 0-2 and CMC goes down. Now they are white hot. Matt Rhule has been outstanding.

Last edited:
Last 2 for sure. I need to see the Jimmy lovers in here. He straight up get yanked?
Did they even play it up as off the injury or not even?

Yea Carolina. Teddy B wins man. I’ll give him that. No Stanford either....

Last 2 for sure. I need to see the Jimmy lovers in here. He straight up get yanked?
Did they even play it up as off the injury or not even?

Yea Carolina. Teddy B wins man. I’ll give him that. No Stanford either....

Shanny said it was due to the ankle but who knows. Maybe it was bothering him but he was awful regardless.

Chargers are better than their record and I’ll say I certainly look like I will be corrected on Oregon kid

I really don’t think penalties have much of an impact for the higher scoring. I would say lack of fans and more aggressive playcalling in general

My bookie left the futures lines up after the game and didn't adjust. I had the Titans at +180 to win the division preseason, just unloaded on -110 for the Southand +1800 to win the AFC and +5000 to win the Super Bowl. The value is insane.

sick value bro. Division should be good and they were so close last year it’s worth the shot. Having AJ back makes a HUGE difference on offense.

sick value bro. Division should be good and they were so close last year it’s worth the shot. Having AJ back makes a HUGE difference on offense.
It really is and this year I got my Chief future in early(+250 to win AFC) so I'll kill on a rematch. I'm just floored by these lines. I'll be stunned if the Colts finish within three games of the Titans. Can anyone name 5 teams that are clearly better than the Titans? I can only name Kansas City. There are four to five maybes but 18/1 and 50/1?!?!?!

It really is and this year I got my Chief future in early(+250 to win AFC) so I'll kill on a rematch. I'm just floored by these lines. I'll be stunned if the Colts finish within three games of the Titans. Can anyone name 5 teams that are clearly better than the Titans? I can only name Kansas City. There are four to five maybes but 18/1 and 50/1?!?!?!

indy is all smoke and mirrors. The d is decent but was exposed by cleveland and rivers continues to turn it over. You’ll get the usual answers of Kc, Ravens, Gb, Seattle, people will prob say pats, Rams, etc but honestly tenn matches up well w anyone not named kc, and if they can sure up the d with a healthy Clowney and Beasley eventually to not give maholmes 90000 seconds to survey the field and expose the secondary we got a shot

Equal or better than Titans in AFC... hmm ...

Chiefs
Ravens
Steelers
Bills - yes, it is 1 game
Patriots
Browns

i agree bills, patriots, titans, browns are arguably coin flips and your futures bets are very solid.

Equal or better than Titans in AFC... hmm ...

Chiefs
Ravens
Steelers
Bills - yes, it is 1 game
Patriots
Browns

i agree bills, patriots, titans, browns are arguably coin flips and your futures bets are very solid.
Colts can be argued too. So much week 5 over reaction going on lol

Anyone believe in Pittsburgh?
Jury still out IMO. Their schedule has been so weak, and their opponents have all been in the game well into the 2nd half. Defense is not as good as advertised except for TJ Watt, who does erase a lot of blemishes. Carson Wentz and a bunch of nobodies hung 29 on them. I haven't seen Minkah do shit this year except be out of position at times.

On the plus side, Claypool gives them the ability to stretch defenses that they've lacked since AB left. Still Ben's YPA is his lowest since 2008! But he's not throwing picks either, at least not yet. Their running game has been pretty good but they're still chicken-shit on short yardage. Seems like their preferred play calls on 3rd and 1 or 2 are 1) hard count to draw offside, 2) jet sweep, 3) regular sweep, 4) deep throw. Replace deep throw with shovel pass at the goal line.

Browns/Titans/Ravens next 3 should tell us more. Then Dallas week 9 is their 3rd straight on the road. They could be anywhere from 5-3 to 8-0 at the halfway point.

If Buffalo has to play Josh Norman they are fucked, he can't cover anyone in man schemes and is even shitty as a zone corner.

I have my doubts about Pitt (Roethlisberger) being able to stretch defenses, maybe if Claypool continues to get reps he can help in that regard. JuJu doesn't seem fully healthy right now either. A lot of dink and dunk in the passing game, but cutting TO's a positive and as mentioned that Defense if very solid

Dallas D really bad.....my Giants put up 34.....
Careful, D scored 7, another where the D gave O short field. NYG had to settle for 50+yd fgs and didnt throw for a td. A little misleading is all. TD called back on BS penalty was on fake fg.

Careful, D scored 7, another where the D gave O short field. NYG had to settle for 50+yd fgs and didnt throw for a td. A little misleading is all. TD called back on BS penalty was on fake fg.

Yeah.....that fake punt was nice.....I was like, wtf...why is the holder throwing the ball.....thought he was practicing.....didn’t know it was a fake at first....caught me off guard too...lol

Imagine Dallas D going up against good offensively team that have Qb and weapons?

Dallas games been all Overs so far.....now with Dak out, not sure if their O can help out with the Overs....

indy is all smoke and mirrors. The d is decent but was exposed by cleveland and rivers continues to turn it over. You’ll get the usual answers of Kc, Ravens, Gb, Seattle, people will prob say pats, Rams, etc but honestly tenn matches up well w anyone not named kc, and if they can sure up the d with a healthy Clowney and Beasley eventually to not give maholmes 90000 seconds to survey the field and expose the secondary we got a shot
Indy is a pretty good team with a trainwreck of a qb. The colts has no problem stopping the browns running game. For whatever reason the Ind D couldn't stop the passing game in the first half of the browns game. When they figured it out in the 2nd half, Rivers had decided they were going to lose.

The Colts-Browns 2nd half.
Colts off: 0 pts
Colts def: 0 pts
Colts Sp: 13 pts
Browns off: 0 pts
Browns def: 9 Phillip Rivers pts
Browns Sp: 3 garbage time pts

Philip Rivers gift for other team: 9 pts

Yeah.....that fake punt was nice.....I was like, wtf...why is the holder throwing the ball.....thought he was practicing.....didn’t know it was a fake at first....caught me off guard too...lol

Imagine Dallas D going up against good offensively team that have Qb and weapons?

Dallas games been all Overs so far.....now with Dak out, not sure if their O can help out with the Overs....
Think we might be surprised what RR does. But any qb playing catch up will put up #s.

Back