Week 5 in the FCS

FAMU opened -27 at BM hasn't moved yet. EIU opened -4.5 and pretty quick jumped to -6 -129

Took HCU -2 115 at BOL and SELA -2.5 115 also at BOL

I am probably crazy for taking SELA again after they lost SU as 28pt favs (yes I had em) but man, they were a preseason Top 25 if I am not mistaken and I just don't think they are as bad as the 0-4 shows. Guess we will find out in a few hours!

Today was full of surprises huh!

I count 37 Dogs ATS with 20 outright upsets and Favs 20. Big day for dogs and some really big upsets.

It started small...Duquesne beats LIU, Marist beats Stetson, Merrimack and Dartmouth win all in what were closely lined games.

Then it hit midafternoon...Colgate, Hampton, South Dakota beats NDSU!, Georgetown, Towson - those were all DD dogs and 4 of the 5 were 17+ pt dogs who won!

It kept rolling with Albany, North Carolina Central, Tarleton, then another big one - Harvard beats Holy Cross! Alcorn, Charleston Southern, Murray State, Lamar, Grambling and then fizzled out with no significant upsets in the latest games.

Sometimes it costs me, sometimes I'm part of it, but either way I love upsets, I think that is the lifeblood of college football. If Baltimore loses to Indy, or Arizona beats Dallas - in the NFL it is never all that surprising because the talent and the coaching staffs and schemes are all pretty close from the best to the worst, for the most part. But North Dakota State losing to South Dakota is huge! Fordham losing to Georgetown is a shock! Holy Cross losing to Harvard is big! They have ramifications. The Towson game, holy shit. I turned it off with just a couple minutes left and I think UNH had the ball and were up by 10 - WTF happened?! I have so much recapping to do. Unfortunately I am away from my 8 TVs and was limited to 3 today so I missed a lot more than normal. Here are some recaps.

Stetson - Marist were tied 21-21 HT, Marist outscored them 13-3 2H.

Long Island led 21-7, but Duquesne tied it by HT. Duquesne led 28-21 when LIU tied it on a 85y TD run with just 3-1/2 min left. Duquesne kicked a game winning 34y FG with :03 left.

In the name game Howard beat Robert Morris pretty good.

Morgan State's D and ST did all they could in the 1H to be in that game at Yale. I say it every week. But they have an abysmal offense. It was hard for Yale at first, but they got some breaks late 2Q and ended up rolling.

I said that Brown's season got started in typical chaotic fashion, but their next two games they have done something previous versions of their teams have not 1) compete with Harvard for 4Q and 2) blow out an inferior opponent.

Continuing evidence that this season is different for St Thomas, they led 20-0 and 20-7 HT at Dayton, but failed to score in the 2H, 20-14 F.

Everyone who ran up that Butler spread obviously has buyer's remorse. They won, but just by 10. Presbyterian led 17-14 HT. Butler did turn it over twice in Blue Hose territory and kicked to FGs from inside the 10. Butler did have a 454-356 (5.5-7.9) TY edge.

Bryant will compete in the CAA next season, Rhode Island gave them an early look at what they are in for. Bryant led 13-7 early, but URI scored 42 of the next 48 pts before Bryant got a garbage TD at the end.

Stonehill has kicked two 50+ yard FGs at the end of games this season. The first gave them a win, but today with under 4min left put them ahead, but St Francis went down to score a game winning TD with just :19 left to put them up 5, their 2 pt attempt was no good. Stonehill tried some crazy lateralls that actually moved the ball forward for a bit until a forward lateral ended it.

Sacred Heart scored a TD in the 1Q and led 7-3 in the 4Q when a pick-six gave Merrimack the 10-7 lead and 45y TD run gave them the 17-7 F. Both teams has 225y or less total yards.

Monmouth lost to a Patriot League team last week, not today, they rolled Lehigh.

Dartmouth led 20-10 HT, but Penn scored 10 pts in the final 6 minutes to force OT. Top of OT1 Penn missed their FG, Dartmought made theirs. Penn did outgain them 394-251. Penn lost 3 fumbles all deep in their own territory (Dart had 10 pts off 12 yards of offense off those).

ETSU had scored just 2 FGs in their FCS games this year, vs Samford they scored 28 pts! Both teams had early drives end in INTs that led to the other scoring TDs off short fields for a 7-7 game, but ETSU converted a second INT into another short field TD to again tie at 14-14. It was 21-21 HT. Samford finally got up 42-21 on them early 4Q, but ETSU ripped a 70y TD run. Samford would see their backup QB fumble the ball at the ET37 and on their final possession they went for a 4th down from the ET26 but then took knees at the ET14 to win by just 2 TDs. Samford outgained them 547-342 (5.9-6.1).

Davidson ran for 449! San Diego passed for 408! But Davidson won 55-33! Davidson scored on 9 of 10 legitimate possesions (not counting 2 plays at end of game)

Austin Peay rolls Lindenwood

Colgate did Colgate things, like losing their starting QB for the game on the very first play and having the backup fumble without being hit at their own 10 yard line which Cornell turned into a TD, but other than that, Big Red's O was off most of the day. The score was 7-7, 14-14, 17-14 HT Cornell led at HT. But in the 2H, Cornell couldn't get anything going and Colgate would score 14 unanswered to lead 28-17 4Q. Cornell cut it to 28-25 and forced a late punt from Colgate which was downed at the Cornell 3 yard line. Wang fumbled in the EZ and Colgate fell on it for a TD to win 35-25.

Richmond's normal starting QB DNP again this week. Hampton had their way with them jumping out 17-0 and winning 31-14.

I'm tired and going to bed. More tomorrow.

Man I watched a ton of fcs on plus yesterday and had a blast doing it. SELA and HCU were painful to watch at the end but WCU is a machine and I got saved by early numbers on Samford and even the UNT push. And last but not least….what a finish with Rutgers!

NC A&T led 28-12 afte 3Q, Norfolk scored 2 TDs in the final 8 minutes.

South Dakota ended NDSU's 12 game conference opener win streak. Long sustained drives by each team were the story as NDSU only had SIX possessions in the entire game. SD scored TDs on their first 3 and led 21-3 HT. The Bison tried their best to comeback in the 2H when they scored 17 pts, but they only had three possessions. SD only netted 58 total yards in the 2H, but their 12 play drive for a FG that bled over 8min off the clock came after NDSU had cut it to 21-13 - SD's FG late in the 4th put the game out of reach. NDSU scored a TD in the final minute (2pt no good) and SD recovered the onside kick to win by 5. Ironic, Cam Miller had just broke the NDSU all-time completion streak of 22 straight when he threw his 23rd straight pass completion spanning two games. His 24th pass, INT'd putting SD on a short field and soon a 14-3 game.

Sometimes you see something, but you just don't apply it properly. William & Mary only scored two FGs against Elon and that should actually come as no surprise considering how poorly they have played on offense the last 3 games vs some weak teams. They were able to still win those games on the efforts of their D, but vs a better team on the road in Elon, those shortcomings on O finally cost them. They still had a chance, those two FGs made it a 6-0 game at HT. A W&M INT put Elon on the W13 and on 3rd-9, Elon got a TD and a 7-6 lead. On Elon's next possession, got another big 3rd down play a deep 76 yard completion and another 3rd-down TD with 6min left to make it 14-6. W&M's final possession ended on a QB scramble on 4th-3 at the E11. That drive made it 0 TDS on 4 RZ trips for the Tribe - SOD at E01, FG from the E15, fumble at the E13 and SOD at E11 to end it. W&M 343-302 (5.1-6.2).

YSU - UNI was back-and-forth. YSU opened with a 10-0 lead, but then UNI went up and led 20-13 HT. YSU regained a 27-23 lead by the end of the 3Q. But then UNI led 37-27 with under 6min to go. YSU cut it to a 3 pt game, but their onside kick was returned to the Y15 with 1-1/2 min left and UNI scored again to make it a 44-34 game. YSU would score again with :24 left and UNI again recovered the onside kick. That made 3 TDs in the final 2 minutes and 35 pts total in the 4Q. UNI had a 436-418 TY edge. There were some critical penalties for first downs for UNI, 4 in total - two came when YSU jumped offside on 4th down plays, UNI scored TDs on both those drives. Theo Day and the UNI passing game played to their full potential in this one (21-29-337-4-1), but YSU's Mitch Davidson was fantastic as well going 30-40-332-2-1 and added a rushing TD.

Western Carolina scored TDs on their first 5 possessions, were SOD at Cit18 on their 6th, then scored 2 more before throwing an INT form the Cit14 late 4Q. The Citadel were putting up a fight early. It was 7-7 when WCU scored to go up 14-7. Citadel returned the ensuing KO for a TD poised to again tie the game, but an illegal block brought it back and it was all Catamounts from there.

Valpo trailed some team called Southwest Minneosta State 0-15, but they came back to win 16-15.

Drake never trailed at Morehead winning 16-9.

Georgetown beat their first ranked opponent in over 20 years. Hoya's scored first and at one point had a 21-7 lead. But with 4min to go Fordham went up 24-21, Georgetown's final drive was dramatic with a 4th down conversion and a roughing the passer call - they scored the go-ahead TD with :56 left. Fordham got out to midfield but their final 3 passes were incomplete including a hail mary at the goal line. Fordham entered this game off a shutout win while Georgetown came in off a shutout loss.

Also off a shutout loss was Weber St who appeared to sleepwalk vs Northern Colorado. Weber scored first, but shockingly, UNC would lead 21-7 at HT! UNC scored TDs on their first 3 possessions of the game. Weber missed a FG and threw back-to-back INTs although those led to no pts. Each team threw 3 INTs in this game. While UNC never capitalized scoring off those, Weber did a short field score after an INT broke a 21-21 tie and put them up 28-21. UNC ended the game throwing 3 straight INTs! UNC outgained them 385-378 (5.6-4.8).

In a day of crazy games, Towson at New Hampshire might take the cake. Towson led often in the 1H, UNH kicked a FG end 2Q to only trail by 7 - 27-20 at HT. UNH flexed and appeared to be running away with it in the 2H. They scored 21 of the first 24 pts scored in the 2H and led 41-30. Towson stopped the bleeding with a TD and 2pt conversion, 41-38. A blk'd punt for TD made it a 10 pt game again. Towson wasn't done however, they got a big 35y QB run on 4th down and kicked a FG under 4min to go. 48-41. UNH killed some clock, but had to punt, Towson had the ball at their own 10 1:46 left. They would drive and score a TD with :24 left to tie! UNH's 47y FG was blk'd - OT. UNH had a 1st-goal but had to kick a FG...51-48, Towson won with a TD! Towson outgained them 561-468 (7.1-6.1) and ran for 309 (6.9) on them.

Fears realized for North Dakota as South Dakota St had no trouble keeping their offense under wraps. They led 35-7 early 4th, Final would be 42-21 with a final garbage score by UND. SDSU outgained them 433-234 (7.3-4.0).

Lafayette is off to their best start since 2009 and scored 42 1H pts in their rout of Bucknell.

Maine led 28-0 vs Stony Brook and won 56-28. Reporters had pushed Maine HC during the week about his QB who had played poorly to start their season. Derek Robinson answered his critics in this one with a 25-30-394-5 TD 0 INT and 0 sack game. Stony Brook fumbled on the first play of the game and it never got better.

Lesser U Albany teams had played well vs better Villanova teams the last couple years. In this one there was no doubt who was the better team as the Danes win by 21. Albany's D was the story with 7 sacks and 4 other QBH while also forcing 5 turnovers! Albany outgained them 360-269 (5.5-4.5)

OK, so you guys are talking about Wagner at Rutgers, let's see what happened there. Rutgers took over at their own 11 mid 4Q in a 45-3 game. Rutger easily moved down field little by little never seeing a 3rd down. With just :42 left they find themselves at the W01, but are tackled for a 2y loss. They snap the ball with :15 left and score on a 3y TD run, 52-3 F. Rutgers appears to have played several key players late into this game.

Last edited:
Lesson learned, re: Campbell. I've been on Campbell every game this year. First 3 were pretty good...last two, not so much. Yesterday they blow a 35-14 lead and allow NCCU to score 28 unanswered for them to lead 42-35. Campbell does tie late, NCCU is driving for a potential game winning FG, but the 34 yarder is missed. In OT, Campbell scores, but their xpt is blk'd! NCCU scores on a 25y run with Campbell missing several tackles. Other people got burned on Campbell last year, now I know why.

I'm now certain that I bet Portland State on Bet Rivers after the game started, but they still had it listed when nobody else did. I actually didn't think it started yet, I'm in a different time zone and was confused all day long if my apps and times were updated for Central or still listed on Eastern. But it looks like the game was in the 2Q when I bet it and BR doesn't do live, so I guess their mistake. I think they had it listed with wrong start time and never took it down. No other book had it listed, but sometimes these FCS games aren't shown at every book, at least the US ones. Looks like it went as expected except that Montana St didn't score as many as expected and Portland St scored a late one, Montana St ended the game at the PS08. 38-22. 456-311 (8.9-4.6) TY edge for Bobcats.

28-20 over Idaho State will do nothing to calm Griz fans. This game would've been tied 21-21 in the 4Q but it looks like something happened on the xpt. Montana wins 28-20 with total yard edge of 394-334 (5.2-5.4). Idaho St didn't choose to run much (13x), but they had the same ypc as Montana who had 51 rush attempts. 3.5-3.4ypc. So as for the question can Montana just alter their game plan, overpower an inferior team and correct themselves, really that answer is no.

Indeed Southeastern Lousiania was a tough loss. Tarleton's two TDs came off just a total of 46 yards as they scored on a pick-six and another INT set them up in SELU territory. SELU ougained them 410-203 (5.5-3.3)! A terrific effort by that D comes up short. Their D however late couldn't stop multiple 3rd-short and 4th-short runs by Tarleton as they ran off the final 5+ minutes. SELU had just scored a TD, but missed the xpt to keep it a 14-13 score.

Hey look Mercer wins big, that's something new.

Eastern Washington started their backup QB, although wouldn't have known it early. Idaho scored first, but after EW tied mid 1Q, Idaho wouldn't lead again until late 3Q. 21-21 HT and 28-21 EW, before Idaho scored 23 straight to make it 44-28 as the Vandal D completely shut EW down until a late TD made it 44-36 F. Idaho outgained them by 139y.

Harvard scored first and never trailed. They capitalized off two tipped pass INTs and a fumble recovery in the 1H to build a 28-21 lead. HC turned it over two more times in the 2H, Harvard led by 17 at one point. It was a coming out party of sorts for new Harvard QB Charles DePrima, he was only 9-of-20 passing but for 151y and 2 TDs and his running was huge with 95 yards and a 5.6 avg - no turnovers. HC outgained them by 108 yards, the turnovers and Harvard scoring 17 pts off them was just too much.

Southern Illinois got out 14-0, but Missouri St battled back. M ST starting QB Clark was injured at the SIU 11 on a drive late 1H, backup QB Pachot came in but had to settle for a FG, 20-13 HT. It got as close as 23-20 in the 3Q, SIU scored the final 10 with M St's final 3 possessions being fumble, punt, SOD.

Southern won 27-0 and 12+ hours their athletic website doesn't even mention it, pathetic.

Alcorn lost on a walk-off FG last week, and won on a FG this week in beating ASU - actually they kicked two FGs at the end of the game. One with :00 left in the 4Q to force OT and the other in the top of OT1. ASU missed their in the bottom of OT1.

Kennesaw had now dropped back-to-back games to Tennessee Tech and Charleston Southern. Neither team topped 300y or completed more than 50% of their passes or averaged over 4 yards per rush. Charleston Southern won 13-10 on a last second FG. Kennesaw had missed two FGs earlier in the game.

Chattanooga was in a sandwich spot vs a team they probably took for granted and played like it. Chattanooga did not get their first lead of the game until early 4Q then got some comfort late in the game winning by 10.

Eastern Illinois only plays ugly games and this was another winning 19-10. They missed 3 FGs (by the guy who kicked the 50+ game winner last week), had an xpt blk;d and fumbled on a QB sneak at the NW State 1 yardline. All those things failed to hurt them much because NW St turned it over 3x themselves.

North Alabama found themselves in the first game this year they were never really in on the scoreboard. EKU went up 15-0 and led by as much as 29-7. UNA did have lots of empty yards without pts as they turned it over 4x in EKU territory including a fumble at the EK03 and an INT at the EK05 on back-to-back 4Q drives. They were also SOD twice. Becuase of this they held a 560-460 (6.3-8.1) TY edge.

Murray State won a game that had been hyped as one of the biggest home games in their history as it marked their first MVFC conference game. Indiana State found themselve in a 9-0 hole after being sacked in the EZ and missing a FG from the M08 on their second drive. It was 16-7 HT, 23-7 before Ind St got back in it 23-15 and their next TD saw a 2pt fail to make it 23-21 very early 4Q. Murray hit a 37y TD pass to make it 30-21, Indiana St answered with 3min to go. 30-28. They got the ball back but after getting out towards midfield, their final 4 passes fell incomplete. Ind St did outgain them 394-258 (5.5-4.9).

Houston Christian led 3-0. That was the only lead they would have as Lamar hangs on late 21-19 after HCU fails on a 2pt attempt. HCU did have an earlier 17p 93y drive to the L03 end in a FG, but on the other hand, Lamar fumbled from the HC04 and one of HCU's TDs was on a short field after a Lamar fumble.

Tennessee State led 10-0 after UT Martin punted their first two to open and were SOD at the TSU04. After that however, the UT Martin D clamped down as TSU only crossed midfield on 1 of their next 7 drives. UTM kicked two FGs from the TS06 and T04, only won by 10 but had a 483-285 TY edge (6.5-4.6).

Last edited:
SFA rolls A&M Commerce.

Colorado State wins by 21 scoring 20 of the final 23 pts after only leading 21-17 HT over Utah Tech.

North Texas led 31-7 at one point, and was up 45-24. 45-31 F after a late Abilene Chrisitan score.

Grambling took a 16-10 lead before HT and never trailed in the 2H even though it was just a 2 pt game 3Q before they pulled away late outscoring Prairie View 13-0 in the 4Q. Grambling had a 449-350 (5.5-6.7) yard edge - they've won 3 in a row.

Florida A&M continues their mostly uneven and unimpressive play. At Mississippi Valley St. Two of FAMU's first three drives of the game produced a first down on their first play of the drive, but then they went 3-and-out afterwards (so two 4-and-out drives). FAMU also had two 3-and-out drives in the 1H! FAMU had just 304y of total O (6.2) but did hold Valley to just 149 (2.4). A late scoring surge made the final 31-7. FAMU ended the game on the MV20. And they don't make mention of their win either on their webesite!

Central Arkansas was really dominating Southern Utah more than the 20-7 HT score. UCA scored on 4 of their 5 1H possessions, but two were FGs in the RZ and they missed a 28y FG after having a 1st and goal. SUU's TD drive was aided by two 15y penalties (peronnal foul and PI). It got closer when SUU recovered a fumble off a bad snap at the CA15 which they converted into a TD. 20-14. 26-14 when there was a long lightning delay. UCA added a FG 29-14. From here UCA did not finish the game well. UCA shanked a punt plus a penalty set up SUU at the CA25. 29-21 7min to go. UCA then threw an INT at their own 41. SUU threw a 4th down TD pass, 2 pt no good. 29-27 F. TY were 471-232 (5.4-3.5).

In the bad teams do bad things department, enter McNeese State. They forced Nicholls to punt on the opening possession, but muffed it inside their own 5. 7-0. It was a theme throughout the game as McNeese often hurt themselves. Right before HT the game was 17-7 when the McNeese QB threw a pass right to a waiting Nicholls defender which he ran back for a 24-7 lead. Nicholls got 4 first downs by penalty as McNeese was hit with 11 penalties for 99y and were net -3 in the TO margin. McNeese outgained them 365-293 (6.5-4.4).

UC Davis led 24-0, 24-7 HT. 31-7 befor Poly scored late, 31-13 F. Davis outgained them 430-211 (5.0-3.1) with 80 of Poly's yards coming on their final drive of the game. Davis was SOD 3x in Poly territory. Huard DNP for Poly.

Northern Arizona - Sac State was a good finale for the day with an INT in the EZ to escape vs NAU! It was back-and-forth in the 1H, Sac St trailed by 7 twice, but was able to lead 24-21 HT. NAU went back up on a 16p-99y drive, 28-24. Sac St would answer on an 18p-81y drive 31-28. Another long drive, NAU down 3 was looking for the lead or the tie on a 17p-53y drive that saw three 4th down conversions, they threw an INT in the EZ with under 2min left. Instead of punting from the EZ with about :10 left Sac St decided to kill some more time on 4th down and run through the EZ for a safety with :02 left. Did anyone have this total? Closing totals ranged from 58-60.5, that safety put the game on 61.

I just want to say, I think I have done something I will never accomplish again and I don't think I will try. I summarized every FCS team through 4 weeks of the season, gave some kind of mention or preview of every lined FCS game and gave some sort of recap of every lined game. I was on overload this week and it was pretty awesome, but I can't take that much time going forward. Wonder how many words I typed in this thread in less than 6 days?

NC A&T led 28-12 afte 3Q, Norfolk scored 2 TDs in the final 8 minutes.

South Dakota ended NDSU's 12 game conference opener win streak. Long sustained drives by each team were the story as NDSU only had SIX possessions in the entire game. SD scored TDs on their first 3 and led 21-3 HT. The Bison tried their best to comeback in the 2H when they scored 17 pts, but they only had three possessions. SD only netted 58 total yards in the 2H, but their 12 play drive for a FG that bled over 8min off the clock came after NDSU had cut it to 21-13 - SD's FG late in the 4th put the game out of reach. NDSU scored a TD in the final minute (2pt no good) and SD recovered the onside kick to win by 5. Ironic, Cam Miller had just broke the NDSU all-time completion streak of 22 straight when he threw his 23rd straight pass completion spanning two games. His 24th pass, INT'd putting SD on a short field and soon a 14-3 game.

Sometimes you see something, but you just don't apply it properly. William & Mary only scored two FGs against Elon and that should actually come as no surprise considering how poorly they have played on offense the last 3 games vs some weak teams. They were able to still win those games on the efforts of their D, but vs a better team on the road in Elon, those shortcomings on O finally cost them. They still had a chance, those two FGs made it a 6-0 game at HT. A W&M INT put Elon on the W13 and on 3rd-9, Elon got a TD and a 7-6 lead. On Elon's next possession, got another big 3rd down play a deep 76 yard completion and another 3rd-down TD with 6min left to make it 14-6. W&M's final possession ended on a QB scramble on 4th-3 at the E11. That drive made it 0 TDS on 4 RZ trips for the Tribe - SOD at E01, FG from the E15, fumble at the E13 and SOD at E11 to end it. W&M 343-302 (5.1-6.2).

YSU - UNI was back-and-forth. YSU opened with a 10-0 lead, but then UNI went up and led 20-13 HT. YSU regained a 27-23 lead by the end of the 3Q. But then UNI led 37-27 with under 6min to go. YSU cut it to a 3 pt game, but their onside kick was returned to the Y15 with 1-1/2 min left and UNI scored again to make it a 44-34 game. YSU would score again with :24 left and UNI again recovered the onside kick. That made 3 TDs in the final 2 minutes and 35 pts total in the 4Q. UNI had a 436-418 TY edge. There were some critical penalties for first downs for UNI, 4 in total - two came when YSU jumped offside on 4th down plays, UNI scored TDs on both those drives. Theo Day and the UNI passing game played to their full potential in this one (21-29-337-4-1), but YSU's Mitch Davidson was fantastic as well going 30-40-332-2-1 and added a rushing TD.

Western Carolina scored TDs on their first 5 possessions, were SOD at Cit18 on their 6th, then scored 2 more before throwing an INT form the Cit14 late 4Q. The Citadel were putting up a fight early. It was 7-7 when WCU scored to go up 14-7. Citadel returned the ensuing KO for a TD poised to again tie the game, but an illegal block brought it back and it was all Catamounts from there.

Valpo trailed some team called Southwest Minneosta State 0-15, but they came back to win 16-15.

Drake never trailed at Morehead winning 16-9.

Georgetown beat their first ranked opponent in over 20 years. Hoya's scored first and at one point had a 21-7 lead. But with 4min to go Fordham went up 24-21, Georgetown's final drive was dramatic with a 4th down conversion and a roughing the passer call - they scored the go-ahead TD with :56 left. Fordham got out to midfield but their final 3 passes were incomplete including a hail mary at the goal line. Fordham entered this game off a shutout win while Georgetown came in off a shutout loss.

Also off a shutout loss was Weber St who appeared to sleepwalk vs Northern Colorado. Weber scored first, but shockingly, UNC would lead 21-7 at HT! UNC scored TDs on their first 3 possessions of the game. Weber missed a FG and threw back-to-back INTs although those led to no pts. Each team threw 3 INTs in this game. While UNC never capitalized scoring off those, Weber did a short field score after an INT broke a 21-21 tie and put them up 28-21. UNC ended the game throwing 3 straight INTs! UNC outgained them 385-378 (5.6-4.8).

In a day of crazy games, Towson at New Hampshire might take the cake. Towson led often in the 1H, UNH kicked a FG end 2Q to only trail by 7 - 27-20 at HT. UNH flexed and appeared to be running away with it in the 2H. They scored 21 of the first 24 pts scored in the 2H and led 41-30. Towson stopped the bleeding with a TD and 2pt conversion, 41-38. A blk'd punt for TD made it a 10 pt game again. Towson wasn't done however, they got a big 35y QB run on 4th down and kicked a FG under 4min to go. 48-41. UNH killed some clock, but had to punt, Towson had the ball at their own 10 1:46 left. They would drive and score a TD with :24 left to tie! UNH's 47y FG was blk'd - OT. UNH had a 1st-goal but had to kick a FG...51-48, Towson won with a TD! Towson outgained them 561-468 (7.1-6.1) and ran for 309 (6.9) on them.

Fears realized for North Dakota as South Dakota St had no trouble keeping their offense under wraps. They led 35-7 early 4th, Final would be 42-21 with a final garbage score by UND. SDSU outgained them 433-234 (7.3-4.0).

Lafayette is off to their best start since 2009 and scored 42 1H pts in their rout of Bucknell.

Maine led 28-0 vs Stony Brook and won 56-28. Reporters had pushed Maine HC during the week about his QB who had played poorly to start their season. Derek Robinson answered his critics in this one with a 25-30-394-5 TD 0 INT and 0 sack game. Stony Brook fumbled on the first play of the game and it never got better.

Lesser U Albany teams had played well vs better Villanova teams the last couple years. In this one there was no doubt who was the better team as the Danes win by 21. Albany's D was the story with 7 sacks and 4 other QBH while also forcing 5 turnovers! Albany outgained them 360-269 (5.5-4.5)

OK, so you guys are talking about Wagner at Rutgers, let's see what happened there. Rutgers took over at their own 11 mid 4Q in a 45-3 game. Rutger easily moved down field little by little never seeing a 3rd down. With just :42 left they find themselves at the W01, but are tackled for a 2y loss. They snap the ball with :15 left and score on a 3y TD run, 52-3 F. Rutgers appears to have played several key players late into this game.
I actually watched 90% of the Rutgers game (crazy I know) so it was nice to see my dedication pay off at the end as I thought my -45 was toast after the TFL as they could have let the clock run out but thankfully didn’t.

North Texas was another I watched most of and it was painful to watch their lack of D against ACU as they had multiple opportunities to put that one away in the 2H but seemed to get lackadaisical on D. Disappointed in the coaching as there didn’t seem to be any sense of urgency to play a full 60 minutes, but guess I’m thankful I got the push at 14.

Back