Week 5 Discussion

The upgrade from how EJ was playing up to an average NFL backup talent is enormous. He single handily lost the game last week. By himself. No one else. This is an elite defense and a top tier running attack. I would have the Bills at 3-1 right now. If no Calvin and no Bell this Lions attack is all Tate and Bush. No little bitches...

The upgrade from how EJ was playing up to an average NFL backup talent is enormous. He single handily lost the game last week. By himself. No one else. This is an elite defense and a top tier running attack. I would have the Bills at 3-1 right now. If no Calvin and no Bell this Lions attack is all Tate and Bush. No little bitches...

Im also buying the Schwartz angle...Returning to his old team.

false. The O line was atrocious

Gotta be some Lions looking forward to sticking it to Schwartz too though, he was kind of a tool.

Another offensive problem (could be the biggest one) has been our guard play- Cyril Richardson was a swinging door for most of the game last week with Chris Williams out, and has shown no sort of promise as of yet. More puzzling to me is that Urbik is on the bench and can play that position (Marrone has stated he is solely the backup C). On the other side Pears has been nothing short of terrible as it appears his conversion from tackle to guard is not panning out. I'm not just saying this as a disgusted fan, he was ranked as the worst guard in football by pro football focus. I understand the force that is JJ Watt and his abilities, but last week both guards were an absolute joke. Everyone is so quick to point out EJ's poor reads/throws, but if you watched he had someone in his face nearly every passing attempt and had 16 qb hits. Through the last 2 games he was pressured on over 40% of his drop backs. So now we have a less mobile qb getting the nod with the same group of guards going against Suh and Fairley...and this is supposed to end well?

*Chris williams inactive

Saints and Pats in similar positions right now. Historically #s support both to cover today, but are these teams on the decline?

I refuse to bet against the Eagles ever, but as a fan I am very nervous about them winning the game so that should tell you enough

Back