Week 5 Discussion Thread

Continue looking at the Horns in the 1Q / 1H. Starting out really quickly. I think they'll want to make a statement at home v. Miss State in the first SEC game.

And including SMU ML as one side of parlay TBD. TCU game is always big but playing its first ACC game, at night, at home, vs. FSU is bigger. And they're just better than FSU. The FG loss to BYU certainly looking more respectable by the week.

Last edited:
Agree with Horns and SMU thoughts, will probably lay the points with SMU.

Playing Duke/UNC over 55’, should’ve played it earlier before got to 55 but want to get it now before 56

Considering unders in Tuscaloosa, Rutgers, ND, Wyoming, Minnesota, Miami-OH, Auburn, overs in East Lansing, N Texas, Ole Miss, LSU

Agree with Horns and SMU thoughts, will probably lay the points with SMU.

Playing Duke/UNC over 55’, should’ve played it earlier before got to 55 but want to get it now before 56
That UNC story with Mack Brown is pretty wild. Wonder if it is downhill or they show up?

That UNC story with Mack Brown is pretty wild. Wonder if it is downhill or they show up?
It really is. Mack is completely out of gas. I think they'll show up this week for the rivalry game (and hey, they allowed 70 last week and scored 50 even though they looked completely lost). If they lose this week, though, the wheels could come off pretty quickly and they could be a useful fade vs Pitt, GT, UVA and BC (no thanks vs FSU, Wake or NC St, those teams are unbackable at least right now).

May need to keep an eye on the weather with this pending storm brewing.
Will be a big player, wonder if game days might be changed. Not much a fan of predicting Saturday weather on Tuesday, that's for sure.

This story is getting wild. From what I can gather, it sounds like an UNLV coach made Sluka a promise of $100k to transfer. Sluka transferred and has only received $3k. The UNLV collective is saying no deal ever existed between them and Sluka, so maybe the coach offered a deal that the collective didn't authorize? Now it's a PR battle being played out on Twitter. What a mess. Congratulations college football. This what you wanted

Good deal of chaos surrounding FSU with the hurricane - early departure to Dallas / related logistics and the impact on Tallahassee. Team may be 800 miles away but more than a few minds still at home, especially coaches, families, homes, etc.

What games are gonna be impacted by weather?

App State/Liberty cancelled
Per the weather thread, the impact Saturday should be primarily in the Indiana/Illinois/SW Ohio area. Was enough to push me to pull the trigger on unders in South Bend and Oxford, and definitely looks like it's impacting Maryland/Indiana total. I also saw someone somewhere (I forget where) talking about how it is expected to impact the under in Memphis.

Per the weather thread, the impact Saturday should be primarily in the Indiana/Illinois/SW Ohio area. Was enough to push me to pull the trigger on unders in South Bend and Oxford, and definitely looks like it's impacting Maryland/Indiana total. I also saw someone somewhere (I forget where) talking about how it is expected to impact the under in Memphis.
If you mean Oxford Ohio...I was already looking at the under in Redskins/U trash...just played a little under 45

Not sure how the total goes under in UCF-Colorado. Malzahn with a week to prepare for Colorado. UCF gave up over 400 to TCU through the air 2 weeks ago. Gonna be warm in Florida. Seems like a 45-28 game. Maybe UCF -14 a better play?

Back