Week 5 Discussion Thread

Iowa must be the worst #5 team ever in October. I hate Maryland, but I am committed to betting against Iowa and Iowa State whenever there is any conceivable bais for doing so.

Why you hate terps? They def got nfl talent at the skill positions. They Def the best offense iowa has seen to this point, baby Tua not making any turnover worthy throws while competing a crazy high percentage of passes. Not sure iowa offense can score if not given the short fields/defensive scores? My concern would be can Terps handle iowa physicality?

Too much partying in general, old teammates return to campus and party with the guys on the team, etc.

Kinda taking a liking to the over 47 in the iowa/Terps game tonight. Is that crazy? I think Terps gonna be able to move the ball, just a question of it they can score tds? Feels like a game that be played in the 20s to me.

Gonna play byu 1st half, just can’t look past how bad utah st been in 1st half this year. They have fallen behind dd against everyone and byu has outplayed everyone in 1st half. If that works out maybe I’ll switch sides and play utah at at halftime.

Kinda taking a liking to the over 47 in the iowa/Terps game tonight. Is that crazy? I think Terps gonna be able to move the ball, just a question of it they can score tds? Feels like a game that be played in the 20s to me.

Gonna play byu 1st half, just can’t look past how bad utah st been in 1st half this year. They have fallen behind dd against everyone and byu has outplayed everyone in 1st half. If that works out maybe I’ll switch sides and play utah at at halftime.
I feel like I'm one of the few that thinks Maryland wins here.

SBR consensus has 70% on Maryland +pts and 62% on their ML as of now

I've now at least seen a couple pick Iowa, board, media, etc

Yahoo pick game has overwhelming consensus on iowa. I find it super hard to believe the masses betting against a team ranked 5th only laying 3, iowa seems right In the public wheelhouse. I don’t really trust them percentages. I don’t see many ppl around forum world saying they on Terps.

SBR consensus has 70% on Maryland +pts and 62% on their ML as of now

I've now at least seen a couple pick Iowa, board, media, etc

I’m not trusting their #s at this point. There’s no way 70% of bets are on Maryland. Other sites show around 35%. Unless SBR is only polling a few select sharps or something like that?

Sports insights was the best but their page has been broke and stuck on NFL for me for 6 months!

Yahoo pick game has overwhelming consensus on iowa. I find it super hard to believe the masses betting against a team ranked 5th only laying 3, iowa seems right In the public wheelhouse. I don’t really trust them percentages. I don’t see many ppl around forum world saying they on Terps.

+1

I’m not trusting their #s at this point. There’s no way 70% of bets are on Maryland. Other sites show around 35%. Unless SBR is only polling a few select sharps or something like that?

Sports insights was the best but their page has been broke and stuck on NFL for me for 6 months!
I can count on 2 fingers the number on Iowa, UM is all. over. the. place.

Seems like everyone is on the upset, even some honk Iowa fans are

Doubt they're overlooking this one

I feel like I'm one of the few that thinks Maryland wins here.

Wouldnt surprise me at all. I think they have the talent at the skill spots to be able to score and I’m not real sure iowa can if they not getting turnovers? I do worry about Terps ability to match iowa physicality or if they ready for this moment?

Wouldnt surprise me at all. I think they have the talent at the skill spots to be able to score and I’m not real sure iowa can if they not getting turnovers? I do worry about Terps ability to match iowa physicality or if they ready for this moment?
What did this total open at? I know I saw 4 for the open on spread.

Also over the years SBR has been the one I settled on after everything else seemed so far off from message boards

It's been my go to for that stuff for several years now but usually only use it to push me on to a lean, took Iowa -4 before % were even in play earlier in the week

Not sure that MD scores at will unless they're turning Iowa over

With such a high total that one could be worth doing live, might find a way to get some great middles

I've decided that I will just be betting the over in the Vols/Mizzou game. Big play for me. Not going to mess with the side - just hoping for a Vols W.

They flew past that number against BC last week and I think BC plays better defense so makes sense. Kinda shocked you off vols, I thought you were pretty high on them this week? Vols gotta be taking bunch of money! I see mizzou only -2 now? Is there a injury or just money driving it?

I think many are taking home dogs Friday Night. The line was a bit odd to me at 1st blush, meaning lower than I expected

Fuck yea it lower than expected. I woulda thought Iowa-6 honestly. I don’t much see the points coming into play. Either Terps ready for the jump in comp and win outright or Iowa bullies them and it shows on scoreboard! I’m really not sure which gonna happen? No idea if Terps ready to make this jump or if they can handle/match iowa physicality? No freaking clue for real. Just hope they both score points! Lol

Fuck yea it lower than expected. I woulda thought Iowa-6 honestly. I don’t much see the points coming into play. Either Terps ready for the jump in comp and win outright or Iowa bullies them and it shows on scoreboard! I’m really not sure which gonna happen? No idea if Terps ready to make this jump or if they can handle/match iowa physicality? No freaking clue for real. Just hope they both score points! Lol
You end up taking the over?

They flew past that number against BC last week and I think BC plays better defense so makes sense. Kinda shocked you off vols, I thought you were pretty high on them this week? Vols gotta be taking bunch of money! I see mizzou only -2 now? Is there a injury or just money driving it?
I don’t usually like playing side and total in games and don’t want to be extra mad if Vols blow it. Just think there’s gonna be points no matter what

I don’t usually like playing side and total in games and don’t want to be extra mad if Vols blow it. Just think there’s gonna be points no matter what

I hear ya. I’m not a big fan of playing both either. Been doing it with success on wku games but think they correlate nicely: wku going to give up points to most everyone so if they gonna cover most likely going over!!

Think im gonna end up on side and total in the cincy/nd game also. For sure playing Bearcats and growing more fond of the under in that one. Don’t think I’ll lose both, if cincy loses I suspect it be because Irish defense shuts them down. Certainly don’t see nd scoring a bunch of points, that oline should get abused by cincy defensive fromt!!

Wouldn’t figure either team gonna have a problem breaking 30 in the mizzou game. Think they calling for storms 2marro so might get a delay.

Damn. They opened the BYU/utah st total way too low. Thought I had over written down as a lean but that was at 57/58, not the freaking 66 it at now.

Utah St went up and down the field on Boise. I was so lucky to cover with Boise. It could have been a blowout 1H.

Oh, no. If you’re an Iowa backer.

It felt pretty shitty to be on utah st that for sure, lol. I just hope utah st continues their trend of falling behind dd as they have done in every game this year. Let me cash byu 1st half then we can jump on utah st in 2nd and they can come back on a byu squad who has been out scored in 3 of their 4 games after halftime! Now that I’m fading these fucks I’m sure they come out super strong! Lol

It felt pretty shitty to be on utah st that for sure, lol. I just hope utah st continues their trend of falling behind dd as they have done in every game this year. Let me cash byu 1st half then we can jump on utah st in 2nd and they can come back on a byu squad who has been out scored in 3 of their 4 games after halftime! Now that I’m fading these fucks I’m sure they come out super strong! Lol

Think I’m going over with everyone else.

Back