Week 4 What Have We Learned

It’s been the talk of Alabama message boards for weeks, but Will Anderson is going to be a thing. UGA fans should rightly be pissed that Kirby never had a shot at signing him

I'm real sad Hou Bap only has one more scheduled game.

The excitement in Mississippi is even more than what we bargained for with Lane and Leach.

Georgia, woof.

I only saw about 3-4 plays but Bryce didn't look too good for Bama(I'm a big fan of his fwiw).

How bad is FSU? Everyone carving up GT...even Cuse...

Bo Pelini debut as DC, how did it go?

Looks like Georgia wishes Jamie Newman was there.

Be on the look out for teams that have gone through a lot of shit this offseason, that suck to start the season to just flat out quit (FSU, ULM, Southern Miss). Nothing is ever absolute, because we have Syracuse who is still fighting, although I don't think Cuse has had the type of shit happen to them that has at FSU, ULM and SM. I can see some teams just folding it up and saying fuck all this shit and mailing games in.

How many games has it been now where we hear about all the players who are out and it doesn't matter? I remember Ark St was down bunch of starters and still beat K St. K St was down players and still beat OU. VT was down a ton of players and blew NCSt out. There are several other examples that escape me. That isn't to say it doesn't sometimes matter, I'm sure ULL would've liked to have their MLB (best player on D) and NG and one of their top RBs yesterday and Georgia Southern was without almost half their team vs Campbell and almost lost. Just that players being out is often not as big of a deal as it would seem like it would be. Even if it is sometimes key players.

Chris Klieman > Lincoln Riley. This Kansas State roster is pretty bad really in spots. Last yaer Klieman inherited a team with some solid veteran players on OL and DL and some decent RB options. This year with those veteran losses and some holes from poor Snyder recruiting at the end, their OL and DL are pretty weak and 3 of their top 4 RB options coming into fall camp either opted out or are suspended. And still, they beat mightly OU for the second straight year.

Unfortunately it took me 3 games to realize this, Duke is bad. I have a lot of respect for Cutcliffe. And I believed Chase Brice would be a big upgrade at QB. I still respect Cutcliffe, but maybe the lack of spring and unconventional fall camp has hindered his coaching of Brice and clearly it has negatively impacted Brice's development and adapting to this team. The OL is "ok", but Brice has poor pocket awareness, decision making and sometimes accuracy. The have nobody to stretch the D past a 10-15 yard downfield threat and when they do take a rare shot, Brice misses it. And Duke's RZ O is pretty bad. The D is also "ok", but end up on the field too long and become susceptible to fatigue.

Todd Orlando to Chris Ash "I told you so"

Tennessee did their best to try and blow the game

Pitt had a 20-10 FD edge and 376-223 TY edge, but only won 23-20. Pitt only had 1 TD in 3 RZ trips. Second week in a row Pitt D 7 sacks. LV was 1 of 11 3rd down.

UK was knocking on the door late 1st H with their RB appearing to cross the goal line for a TD (most of his body was past the goal line), but they reviewed it and said he didn't score. Next play Wilson throws a INT in the EZ that would've been a pick-six but a crackback block was called and the 8-7 score went to the locker room. UK would end up outgaining Auburn 384-324, but a bad fake punt decision and a Wilson fumble led to 23 and 27 yard AU TD "drives".

Having a game under your belt is NOT an advantage! It's actually a disadvantage because your opponent has game film on you! Since 2000, CFB teams playing 2nd game of season vs teams playing their first game are 42% ATS! This year GUB was 3-14-1 ATS -7.7 ppg!!!

I'm real sad Hou Bap only has one more scheduled game.

The excitement in Mississippi is even more than what we bargained for with Lane and Leach.

Georgia, woof.

I only saw about 3-4 plays but Bryce didn't look too good for Bama(I'm a big fan of his fwiw).

How bad is FSU? Everyone carving up GT...even Cuse...

Bryce looked like a TF. You could see his talent, but it also looked like the game was a little too fast for him on a few plays. He was playing behind some backups on the OL as well, and they were not up to the task. Luckily, he can progress at his own speed because Mac Jones is definitely capable. Much different situation than the Hurts-Tua year

I had my concerns about the names starting for LSU defense but when 2 transfers looked the best it’s a problem( and NOT the kid from Nicholls St....didn’t think he would basically start. Wow.)
I had reservations about Pelini, but wow. At what point do you maybe go zone? Or just change the defense even slightly mixing packages.

Brennan looks awful. Like truly awful.

BYU dropped 4 spots in the AP rankings, to 22, after destroying a decent Troy team.

Not sure what the voters are watching. BYU is one of the 15 best teams in the country, easily, All facets, they're really good.
That's hilarious

Votes must have been tallied before they played

BYU is like "Utah Lite" in my book from previous years. Just a sound team.

BYU dropped 4 spots in the AP rankings, to 22, after destroying a decent Troy team.

Not sure what the voters are watching. BYU is one of the 15 best teams in the country, easily, All facets, they're really good.
THAT IS INSANE. My favorite play all week but the nonstop COVID talk had me reserved going in to the game all that I played it. After the 1st Quarter I bet it live up to 10 times every single wager cashed. I’ve missed a lot of the games but watched most of theirs. Their OL is a smash unit and they play clean and sound on both sides. Competition hasn’t been the greatest but they deserve more credit than they’ve received.

Very impressed with what I saw from Trask, he really made some big time throws. The final in the KY game very misleading on how the game was actually played. The non TD on first down running play is an enigma to me. No whistle, no knee on the ground, and no stopping of forward progress. That really turned the entire game around, and then KY mistakes stupid fake punt, and TO by Wilson just murdered them as they afforded Aub short field opptys. I was favorably impressed with Nix for Auburn, made some really big throws in 2H in particular. Door opened now for UCF to have a chance to get in playoffs with OK loss.

Very impressed with what I saw from Trask, he really made some big time throws. The final in the KY game very misleading on how the game was actually played. The non TD on first down running play is an enigma to me. No whistle, no knee on the ground, and no stopping of forward progress. That really turned the entire game around, and then KY mistakes stupid fake punt, and TO by Wilson just murdered them as they afforded Aub short field opptys. I was favorably impressed with Nix for Auburn, made some really big throws in 2H in particular. Door opened now for UCF to have a chance to get in playoffs with OK loss.

You clearly haven't watched many AU home games. The voodoo there is very real

Can someone clarify the muff / advance rule for the clueless? Always thought they couldn't be advanced but not the case.

6:10:

Trask is good but Ole Miss’ D is bad. It’s hard to know how much credit to give him. This UF team reminds me of some of Mullen’s old State teams except with blue chip players instead of 3 stars. They have versatile personnel and Mullen can throw a lot of looks at you. He can attack you boundary to boundary or vertically. They’re a very good team.

On Brennan, State and Ole Miss basically passed on him coming out of high school. I’m not sure if he’s as bad as he looked in Game 1, but he appears to be who we thought he was. I think he could be serviceable if LSU was still playing the caveman football of the Les Miles era. I don’t know if they can change course at this point, but they would be better served by going ground and pound and hoping he can connect on some play action looks.

Can someone clarify the muff / advance rule for the clueless? Always thought they couldn't be advanced but not the case.

6:10:

I’m not positive but I think the rule is that the ball cannot be advanced by a player on the kicking team. Here it wasn’t advanced by a player. It just bounced in the end zone after contact with the returner and was recovered for a TD.

Trask is good but Ole Miss’ D is bad. It’s hard to know how much credit to give him. This UF team reminds me of some of Mullen’s old State teams except with blue chip players instead of 3 stars. They have versatile personnel and Mullen can throw a lot of looks at you. He can attack you boundary to boundary or vertically. They’re a very good team.

On Brennan, State and Ole Miss basically passed on him coming out of high school. I’m not sure if he’s as bad as he looked in Game 1, but he appears to be who we thought he was. I think he could be serviceable if LSU was still playing the caveman football of the Les Miles era. I don’t know if they can change course at this point, but they would be better served by going ground and pound and hoping he can connect on some play action looks.
His offer list wasn’t great but talked offered I’m pretty sure

His offer list wasn’t great but talked offered I’m pretty sure

I know there was some late interest and he reported an offer, but I don’t know if Ole Miss officially pulled the trigger. They may have. I remember Brennan’s high school coach publicly criticizing Ole Miss for not offering at one point. It may be more accurate to say that Brennan wasn’t a priority for either State or Ole Miss.

I’m not positive but I think the rule is that the ball cannot be advanced by a player on the kicking team. Here it wasn’t advanced by a player. It just bounced in the end zone after contact with the returner and was recovered for a TD.

That is the way I think they explained on the broadcast too.

Here’s the deal on the UK non-TD. There was not “indisputable video evidence” that he scored because there was not indisputable video evidence that his his knee was not down earlier.

The PAC (Oregon) and B1G (anOSU, Penn State, and Wisco) were put back into the rankings. Like it or not, those four teams pushed BYU down.

Back