Week 4 RAS/tout/service/Walters release in-game...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
There was some movement this morning, earlier than ever it seems.

Oklahoma lead RB Ford might miss the game at 390 W Virginia. There was a sharp guy who bet the Mounties this AM on his own, perhaps taking a lead.

Other games could be spanky, could be Billy. Spanky would usually be betting key numbers, trying to create scalps for himself but one of the games, the movers bet 346 Memphis -7.5 up to 9 and more so that would seem to reason it's not him.

Those same movers bet on 307 Indiana +17 and 309 UMass +28.

Other sharp money showed up for 326 Wisconsin and 375 Miami O.

Lots of volatility for a Monday around lunchtime...

:shake:

These idiots keep betting against Mizzu and keep losing. Mizzu has been a money train this year and will be again this week

This has been by far the busiest Monday in the NCAA season, in my opinion. A lot of games have moved since last night once the openers settled. Hope this isn't going to be the norm. I'd like a little more patience in the market.

Some of the stuff may come back once more people jump in later in the week.

not sure who it is, a lot of the movers were billy's guys, it was him or spanky setting up scalps for himself later.

They tagged Indiana again; I might bet on Mizzou at some point.

Also that's sharp money on 326 Wisconsin again and 390 West By God Virginia, again.

I made Florida State 17.5, so would lean dog at where they opened it.

I hit mizzou at 16.5 last night. Thought it was gonna go up more. I still like it at 16.5 but hate it when I project the line movement wrong. Don't understand continuous lack of respect for tigers. They are coming off a 12 win season and Mauk is way better than franklin

Won't be an easy game for my Sooners. Preseason I picked them to lose to either WVU, TCU, or TT.....so I won't be surprised to see them drop 1 here. The massive line drop is pretty crazy to me though. RB Keith Ford is out, but news just broke of WVU's starting (& best) DB Worley has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules

Capone and Chips, you are right about Mizzou. It is amusing to see guys making the same mistake on Mizzou week after week. And they are making it again this week if this thread is correct.

Missouri was 11-3 ATS the spread last year and they are doing it again this year.

Just shows how clueless the so-called sharps can be in Vegas.

I don't have a way to measure Walters picks, but RAS is below .500 for the year and was below .500 going into week 8 last year. I wasn't able to get that last week's picks, but they claim they did so well they finished above .500. Maybe so.

Based on what is posted on this thread, Walters is struggling as well.

Last edited:
Hammer, I don't see any logical reason for that line drop on Oklahoma either.

If they are thinking OU was at an emotional peak for Tennessee and will come out flat this week they are way off. OU wasn't worried about Tennessee and put in a workmanlike effort.

If they think that Sooner team on the last trip to Morgantown bears any resemblance to this one they are also way off. OU changed their entire defense based on that game and doesn't even have the same alignment, let alone the level of players on D they have now compared to then.

I hope they keep betting it down. I hate to give points on the road, but won't mind it if the line drops a little more.

Capone and Chips, you are right about Mizzou. It is amusing to see guys making the same mistake on Mizzou week after week. And they are making it again this week if this thread is correct.

Missouri was 11-3 ATS the spread last year and they are doing it again this year.

I don't have a way to measure Walters picks, but RAS is below .500 for the year and was below .500 going into week 8 last year. I wasn't able to get that last week's picks, but they claim they did so well they finished above .500. Maybe so.

Isnt Walters notorious for manipulating the lines, either betting up or down early, and coming back on the side he wants once he gets that number? Would make it difficult to track a record.

RAS is 14-19 Regular and 9-7 on their "extra" package. 23-26 overall. Last week went 8-8-1.

I grabbed Missouri at 13.5 this morning. They are like auburn in that you watch them, and convince yourself they aren't that good, yet they keep winning and keep covering. However, if the aub line goes to 10 or more, I'll be on K St

I think App St is real. At least by my number it is. I have app st as the favorite. I think Virginia is being set up for BYU.

Same guy who bet on 373 and 384 bet on 344 Colorado -7 -105; seems game is trying to inch its way up.

I'll likely be paying to see that, matty, if i can get mizzou at 13 or better.

I hit mizzou at 16.5 last night. Thought it was gonna go up more. I still like it at 16.5 but hate it when I project the line movement wrong. Don't understand continuous lack of respect for tigers. They are coming off a 12 win season and Mauk is way better than franklin

Maybe the line drop is because Indiana's defense playing so well

:rofl:

Huge numbers are tough to cover when the dog can score. Even if you are up 20 with half the fourth qtr to go, you are probably a dog to win the bet with Indiana's offense. I don't think Indiana takes Missouri to the wire but I think they cover this number more times than not. I also thought Toledo would beat them outright though .......

So there is that ....

thanks for the thread this week Rex.

love the thread

Man that SELA game was a tough racket...Im sure the FBS/FCS guys see 9 point moves a bunch......to not cover...wow. So much for beating the close huh haha?

Anyhow, Like to hear LSU and Tulane thoughts this week

Lean Duke and State...thoughts?

I don't think iu will score a lot. Mizz d is pretty good. They almost certainly will be able to get pressure all day as the d ends are flat out outstanding. They did a great job stopping the Ucf run game. In the bg/iu game had like 200 offensive plays. The mizz/iu game last yr had a high number of plays. I feel more comfortable laying high numbers when each team is going to get lots of possessions. Iu special teams is as messy as their defense. At home I feel mizz tags them for 600plus yards and wins turnover battle. I'm sure iu will have some efficient drives but when they don't they net 29 yards a punt. And mizz has an excellent return man. I think it's a complete blowout. That's just my opinion.

Suspicious account bet on Appalachian State overnight so I expect more money for them at some point. I will be against that for sure when the time comes.

Some totals are on the move right now, but I don't see anything credible to any of them.

321-322 Kansas is now 47, down from a 48 open.

323-324 Jorja got grazed down in what sure seems fake, to 68 or so.

349-350 App St/So Miss got bet down a couple of points into the 60-ish range.

375-376 Miami O/Cincy got bet down a point or so to 59.5 range.

377-378 SD St/Oreg St opened 56 and i see some 59s and higher popping now

CRIS re-opened Fla State at 17.5 when it was announced that Winston was going to miss the first half of the Clempson game. Considering I made it 17 with him going the whole way, i bit on the dog at +17.5 for the circled limit. Will post in my thread when I get the time, just wanted to have on record here before I did.

Someone trying to tap Northern Illinois. It scared me enough to take the 14.5, even though it might be phoney. Don't want to miss the three scores plus cushion i'd have at that level. If it balloons back up to 16 i would not be surprised because the move looks suspicious at best.

I don't think iu will score a lot. Mizz d is pretty good. They almost certainly will be able to get pressure all day as the d ends are flat out outstanding. They did a great job stopping the Ucf run game. In the bg/iu game had like 200 offensive plays. The mizz/iu game last yr had a high number of plays. I feel more comfortable laying high numbers when each team is going to get lots of possessions. Iu special teams is as messy as their defense. At home I feel mizz tags them for 600plus yards and wins turnover battle. I'm sure iu will have some efficient drives but when they don't they net 29 yards a punt. And mizz has an excellent return man. I think it's a complete blowout. That's just my opinion.

:rofl:

Yes....I forgot about Indiana's Ray Guy candidate

they did a spectacular job in phoneying down this K-State total to less than 65. Game is going to get bet OVER for sure, if you like it, go soon.

Movers also on 317 OVER 52 (Md/Cuse)

and 334 UN 56.5 (SJ St/Minny)

I think these are all billy, all within the last 20 mins or so. I'm balls deep in the Champions League so i'll check back after that.

So I've always heard the rumors of how much money it takes for a book to adjust a line inorganically. In your experience how much do you see being put on a line to make a significant immediate move one way or another?

yep, just depends on who the movers are. If the bookmaker is paying attention, he won't get double or triple-hit and it can be a relatively inexpensive move.

393 OVER 61.5 (La-La/Boise) is probably them as well also. Nothing else I see that's too noteworthy.

been away from the screen, noticed 325 got bet OVER a little bit but i don't see any sharp on it.

351 got bet OVER also.

There a few other small moves on sides, but nothing to stand out.

more moves...

318 Cuse +1, 343 Hawaii +7.5 and 381 Northern Illinois +14.5

They reek of spanky, so there's a good chance of him trying to lay 317 at + money, lay 6 or less and lay 13 or less later this week on the other sides, with no one else to know the wiser...

Some recent 361 G-Tech as well, which could be him.

344 and 343 sharp money both ways, someone setting the game up but i don't know which way the line will go at this point. 388 Miami/Neb UNDER is sharp for sure. RAS coming in 90 minutes, I'll be here for the play-by-play.

369 moving like a shark in water. Guys at the window taking offshore action from billys runners.

Back