Jackson St +260
North Dakota +290
Ark St +105
Ind St +175
Akron +975
SD St +185

Week 4 ...... go

Last edited:
Would think Vols are a good one. Playing at home, at night, and really don't think Florida is much better, if at all, than Tennessee. Vols also know they need this one as the schedule of death starts Week 5 at Georgia.

Northern Illinois

Aside from the media and the poor play, do you think this is a "trap" game? I can see everyone counting FSU out and this is where Team A can be dangerous. At some point, these players will have to step up against lesser competition. FSU shouldn't be laying points to anyone right now, but can Northern Illinois score on the road against a P5 team? They played Iowa and Utah and both teams with great defenses.

Oregon St.

They made a come back in the 4th against Nevada, still lost and covered nonetheless. Arizona comes in as -7 road favorite to Corvallis. Seems like Oregon St. can chuck it around and doesn't mind a high scoring affair. Cats on the other, I don't trust their QB on the road. The last time Cats won in Corvallis was in 2009.

Would think Vols are a good one. Playing at home, at night, and really don't think Florida is much better, if at all, than Tennessee. Vols also know they need this one as the schedule of death starts Week 5 at Georgia.
Especially after the way their game ended last season. Revenge factor should be looming large in this one.

Aside from the media and the poor play, do you think this is a "trap" game? I can see everyone counting FSU out and this is where Team A can be dangerous. At some point, these players will have to step up against lesser competition. FSU shouldn't be laying points to anyone right now, but can Northern Illinois score on the road against a P5 team? They played Iowa and Utah and both teams with great defenses.
Can FSU score on NIU? I believe we had 10 3/outs against Syracuse. Our D is good, but they can't stay on the field for the duration of a game. For FSU to win, it will require the defense to score. This O is beyond bad. I get the aspect of "it will eventually click". Unless we have an epiphany over night, I will ML against FSU until the trend dies.

After Oregon State's ATS win and SU loss last weekend, my trend (Away dogs with worse total defense and both fav and dog have negative turnover margins) has records now of 14-8 SU and 20-2 ATS (15-0 ATS last 15) since the beginning of the 2017 season. Looks like it's active on Tulsa Thursday night. It lists K. State as well but that is likely a mistake. Not sure where it's picking up WVU as a -6.5 fav.

goodquery1.jpggoodquery2.jpg

Hit a couple last week, BYU saved the day

Week 4 I am going to be on Texas Tech already +13 and +400, will add more if it goes to 14
Tech QB is real deal, freshman, Kingsbury knows what it is like in Stillwater so believe Tech can do it.

Others of interest in order of most likely to play -

Oregon State +7 / +210 hosting Arizona, play against Sumlin plus home dog.
No Illinois +10 / +310 at Florida St, am not seeing anything of FSU coming together as a team
ULM +7 / +215 at Troy, two teams coming off different outcomes and big rivalry, statement game, look for Troy letdown
Washington St +4/+160 at USC, the Pirate flying under the radar as usual
Akron + 18 / +700 at Iowa St, not sure I will play this, Akron off big upset of NW, interested in looking into that game more

Wash State, vandy, kentuck, Iowa and Maine

just about ANYONE vs sorry ass USC. I am STILL trying to figure out HOW the "Condums" beat my UNLV Rebels game one of the season (BUT they covered the +25) :mad:

and speaking of the Rebels they are +8 @ Arkansas State Saturday. will definitely play THAT plus moneyline when it is available :)

Schedule of Death starts this week.
I just don't see the Vols winning Sat Night.
I would like to be wrong but Vols had a tough time moving the ball on UTEP. UNLV scored on their 1st 6 possessions vs UTEP. Florida may be down but the always have athletes.
Vols team speed overall is slooooow.
Secondary hasn't played to its potential.
Their O Line is having a very hard time adjusting to man blocking. Tre Smith is the only one that can win 1on1 battles.
Going from that Zone blocking scheme to man seems to be a little too much for this unit right now.
I still feel they are only going to win 5. Hope I'm wrong. I just don't see it.

Listened to an Oregon podcast and took notes...

Oregon hasn't really showed itself yet

Stanford front 7 overrated because USC protection handed them a lot of gifts and gaffs. Oregon blocking returns three great blockers can hold their own.
Verdell and Dye, power backs who hit the whole well. TBJ returner who is sick in open space altho fewer designs now for him into open space

Primacy on pass game vs strong Stanford secondary. But wide receivers lack talent, will struggle to get open unless helped schematically, level of miscommunication (wrong routes, some drops) Arroyo playcalling more reactive

Oregon front 7 really good, 3-4 or 5-2, focused on forcing opponent to edge where outside linebackers clean up. Hollins Jelks Dye Winston are guys worth knowing. Can Oregon's secondary contain Whiteside? No: Oregon can't cover receivers. Lost best cornerback Springs--even he couldn't stop Whiteside and this situation is deteriorating. Pressure Costello, force him into tough decisions? While halting Love. Halting Love won't be the problem, Stanford couldn't run against light box even. Four good runs in the season, all bouncing outside and getting receivers to block for them.

Look at props on "over" Costello/Whiteside yards.

Transition on offense, bad communiction with receivers, change in identity—no more skinny linemen and pack of great rb‘s

Last edited:
Schedule of Death starts this week.
I just don't see the Vols winning Sat Night.
I would like to be wrong but Vols had a tough time moving the ball on UTEP. UNLV scored on their 1st 6 possessions vs UTEP. Florida may be down but the always have athletes.
Vols team speed overall is slooooow.
Secondary hasn't played to its potential.
Their O Line is having a very hard time adjusting to man blocking. Tre Smith is the only one that can win 1on1 battles.
Going from that Zone blocking scheme to man seems to be a little too much for this unit right now.
I still feel they are only going to win 5. Hope I'm wrong. I just don't see it.

You think over 500 yards is having a tough time to move the ball? I disagree. They moved the ball easily but made some huge mistakes that made the score a lot closer than it was. That all comes down to them having a bad week of practice. All about teaching lessons. I expect to see them fired up and living off the crazy atmosphere. And agreed about the secondary, but Franks isn’t the guy to take advantage of that, IMO.

I watched every play of utep at vols. As far as Vols performance, i think you are both right. Vols probably should have won 38-0 or 41-0. That said, it was UTEP and I thought UTEP did a pretty good defensively at the line of scrimmage. Vols looked neither significantly bigger, stronger or faster than UTEP. Vols playcalling left a lot to be desired and I didnt see a bunch of big play potential that just missed, they had to grind it. Vols were the victim of one of the biggest blown calls at the goal line in that game where it certainly looked like abTD, and if not then he runner was down but they somehow ruled it a fumble. One of the worst calls I have seen the last few decades.

As for Florida, their own offensive woes makes laying points with them tough at times against competition. But vols looked awful to the human eye, yardage be damned against Utep.

I watched every play of utep at vols. As far as Vols performance, i think you are both right. Vols probably should have won 38-0 or 41-0. That said, it was UTEP and I thought UTEP did a pretty good defensively at the line of scrimmage. Vols looked neither significantly bigger, stronger or faster than UTEP. Vols playcalling left a lot to be desired and I didnt see a bunch of big play potential that just missed, they had to grind it. Vols were the victim of one of the biggest blown calls at the goal line in that game where it certainly looked like abTD, and if not then he runner was down but they somehow ruled it a fumble. One of the worst calls I have seen the last few decades.

As for Florida, their own offensive woes makes laying points with them tough at times against competition. But vols looked awful to the human eye, yardage be damned against Utep.

I don’t disagree that they looked awful to the human eye. I watched it at the Vols bar here in Chicago and was stunned when I saw the yardage differential the next day. However, I do tend to believe the playcalling was that way as to not tip Florida off to anything. And I’d expect Helton to open it up a bit.

I don’t disagree that they looked awful to the human eye. I watched it at the Vols bar here in Chicago and was stunned when I saw the yardage differential the next day. However, I do tend to believe the playcalling was that way as to not tip Florida off to anything. And I’d expect Helton to open it up a bit.
I had this converaation with someone else butbthat vols team isnt good enough to go vanilla. They should use every snap to get better. Based on what i saw, i agree with those that say they would go and did go vanilla but I think they have very little selfawareness

Would be nice to see who has hit what in this thread over the past 3 weeks. No?
I'll will add. My. Mayhem to this thread as time permits and dealing with these fuckimg iPad keyboards

I had this converaation with someone else butbthat vols team isnt good enough to go vanilla. They should use every snap to get better. Based on what i saw, i agree with those that say they would go and did go vanilla but I think they have very little selfawareness

I don’t disagree at all here.

I'll will add. My. Mayhem to this thread as time permits and dealing with these fuckimg iPad keyboards

Mine, these are copied from our actual threads:

Week 1
I got Tulane too! 50 to win 120 L
NIU 50 to win 133 L
UNC 50 to win 115 L
FIU 10 to win 38 L

Monday - VT 50 to win 125 W

Week 2
Arizona 50 to win 70 L
Buffalo 50 to win 80 W
ULM 50 to win 92 W
Virginia 50 to win 90 L

Add UK 50 to win 208. W

Week 3
Ball St 100 to win 506 L
Mia, Oh 50 to win 175 L
Vandy 10 to win 44 L
BYU 10 to win 110 W
Texas St 20 to win 55 L

On game day I post what I play with amounts. A couple others do too. Until then the thread is used as a sort of thinking out loud session.

Last edited:
Dogs I've circled. Oregon, Texas St., UNLV, and probably not ML but Louisiana Tech.
Classic letdown spot in Baton Rouge vs LA Tech. I think a first half Tech ML warrants consideration. I’ll likely watch the first half and look for a second half possibility. Tigers currently hold a 7-0 +7 turnover margin. Hard to imagine that good fortune contjnues. Good Luck Fellas. Thanks for the knowledge.

Looking at Iowa (aready bet that one @ +4), Wazzou, Wake Forest, Indiana.

Good idea on keeping a cumulative record. I'll see if I can find my posts on this thread the first two weeks.

Here is what I see that could be plays for me. Things evolve during the week...as of Tuesday

Florida Atlantic +447
I know UCF is a beast, and FAU down a notch on O from last year, but these odds just seem way too high. OU ripped FAU D a new one, but seems like they should matchup a little better here? Maybe? Bet both schools have had this one circled for a while. Both teams will be up for this instate showdown for national notoriety. FAU QB play is potential concern.

Ohio +252
Should be a better matchup for OU here in terms of styles and speed and size. I figured OU could be good enough to beat either UVA or Cincy and while they lost, thinking about how this game might unfold, I didn't see anything last week that made me think they can't win this one.

Missouri+477
A little scary admittedly. Thought Mizzou hung pretty well in the first half last year in Athens. Tiger D the concern, as it usually is. Huge game for Mizzou, their next home game won't be until Oct 20th. Kind of a statement game for Mizzou as everyone has been saying they never beat anyone with a winning record last year and Lock stunk it up vs the quality teams.

Kansas State+562
Kansas State has history of playing well vs Big Xll teams they should get blown out by. This series has been close. Only lost by 3 to WVU last year and 1 in 2016, beat WVU by 1 in 2015. Might be an interesting first half ML play.

Marshall+176
I was eyeing this last week vs SCar, but likely would've got gun shy on it. I like them at home better vs NCSt anyway. Marshall led NCSt in Raleigh by 10 twice last year. MU mostly same team, just with a rFr QB now.

Rice+447
I tell you what, after the week 0 Prairie View near loss, I have been pleasantly surprised with Rice. They gave Houston a tough 2+ qrts. Thought they played hard and at times well at Hawaii 2 weeks ago. I'm not much of a SMiss backer, although I considered ML them at AppSt before that was canceled last week. SMiss reloading on D, already upset at home to ULM.

LaTech+1041
Not a huge fan of the outright, will likely just take the pts, but may throw $10 on ML. Doesn't quite remind me of the Troy ML I had vs LSU last year because LSU is better this year, last year they weren't playing well and it showed. Although situationally this spot is better with them off the Auburn win. Doubt LSU O will dominate anyone, so if LaTech doesn't make mistakes and can move the ball occasionally and score some, could envision this being a close game in the second half perhaps.

ULM+184
ULM O didn't do much in the 2nd H last week, not sure if that was aTm adjustments or ULM saving themselves a little some for this game, Sun Belt opener and ULM has some goals this year, it starts with this game. ULM should have some O here. Stopping Troy may be a challenge. Troy off Nebraska win, last year they lost to SBama off the LSU win last year, they will be mindful of that this week so going to be a tough one. But a favorable situation to face Troy in.

Oregon +105
Not sold on Stanford D exactly. USC had some opportunities, but Frosh QB couldn't capitalize on them. SDSt ran on them, but not balanced enough to compete. Think Oregon run and pass can move it here. Oregon D? We'll see. Important to note that Stanford's blowout win last year was without Herbert and Ore sucked on O without Herbert. So a better Duck O this week will work to help out Duck D as well. Not sure why Stanford deserves to be a road favorite here.

Air Force+306
Utah State absolutely humming, but vs weak competition. Will be big test for Air Force. Falcons beat them in a tough grinder finale last year in Colo Springs. FAU game wasn't necessarily as close as the final score indicated, but did show that AF may be more competitive this year than they were last year. Seems like an inflated number.

I suppose I'll throw this in here. FSU held players only meeting. Attitudes seemed to be upspirit from different position leaders. Alec Eberle was even cordial about it. This tells me the O-line was not berated, which they need a good a$$ chewing.

Take away: still like NIU outright.

Another thing I would like to add to the thread is the Top 3 picks overall from the CTG Underdog Contest.

Last week the Top picks from everyone included
Cuse
Pitt
Duke
NTexas

You should join in on the contest. You can still make picks.

I feel your pain on the iPhone keyboards
I miss my Blackberry keys

Things sure change in 7 days ;)

?? They eerebeyeingvthis game last week which played into them being completely dominated by vols despite vols looking terrible, my plan was to have vols last game (which was very unfortunate to not cash) and get a better number like 6 to fire at with utep this week.
They havent won a game in a season and a quarter so i can see where the ml value doesnt seem great

Back