Kentucky
UCLA
Miss St
Longer shots possibly
Syracuse
U Mass
La Tech
Vandy

You would think a favorable line for SCar backers this week as LaTech just toppled WKU and Cocks lost to Kentucky, but with Deebo out who knows what Cocks offense will do. Probably not a lot if they continue the run game getting less than 3 ypp.

On my radar:

Virginia +415
NCSt +352
Texas Tech +201
Cincy +367
Akron +505
Ball St +290
Hawaii +250

Last edited:
Don't know numbers yet. Will update post with figures once available.

NCSt +345
Tex Tech +190
Arkansas +116
Ohio +120
La Tech +290
Miami Oh +115
Ga Southern
TCU +340
Charlotte moved to pk. Never saw ML.
FAU +140
Colorado +345
Hawaii +235
UCLA +265

Last edited:
have been stepping back and thinking more outside the box
still like my plays but as the season goes on need to look for unusual plays
for some reason think Nevada against Wash St may have value
Seem every year Wazzoo loses some easy game so looking closer at this and welcome input
Also looking closer at Texas Tech ML
Not going to play the long shot ML on La Tech but others on watch list

That is interesting on Nevada, the I noticed the large spread but gave it no thought due to lack of knowledge on their team.

The Idaho St - Nevada game is being replayed on a few Directv 600 regional sports channels tonight.

Wash St is in a PAC12 sandwich with Friday night USC game on deck...Boise's D gave Wazzou some problems, other than that they haven't faced much resistance from the other cupcakes...not sure if Nevada is capable of providing some fight or not.

I will have to learn a little bit about why they lost to Idaho St first. I saw some of the week 1 game at NW and that looked encouraging then I've seen not a minute of any other since.

have been stepping back and thinking more outside the box
still like my plays but as the season goes on need to look for unusual plays
for some reason think Nevada against Wash St may have value
Seem every year Wazzoo loses some easy game so looking closer at this and welcome input
Also looking closer at Texas Tech ML
Not going to play the long shot ML on La Tech but others on watch list

Watched some of the IdSt-Nevada game. A few things, they started true fr QB Kaymen Cureton, first live action of year, who was their highest ranked recruit in this year’s class. I really liked his arm strength and his legs, made some things happen, bought some time and threw some nice balls out of the pocket. But some of his reads, patience on certain routes and audibles were off. Not a good windup and arm delivery. He’s raw with skills. Typical talented mobile frosh QB I guess. He was hesitant on two 4th and short scramble/runs and was SOD twice.

Nevada’s D looked pretty flat footed to start. Idaho St got the edge easily a few times running and didn’t have any problem moving it through the air either. Some bad angles. Apparently Bengal’s best player is a 5-6 155lb WR, but anyway...Pack D played much better towards the end of the first half and only had one significant breakdown in the 2nd half (8y hitch pass went 50y for score)

But Nev’s D isn’t going to win them the game vs Wazzou...one could spin it favorably that they only allowed 31 at NW and 37 vs Toledo, but in the 4th qrt Tol missed a FG from the 14 and kicked one from the 5 and SOD earlier in the game from the 1. No reason to think Wazzou can’t score into the 40s.

There is going to be a lot of familiarity...Norvell was ASU WR coach last year facing WSt then. OC Matt Mumme is Hal’s son and Leach worked at several stops with Hal. DC is Jeff Casteel who faced WSt 3x while at Zona ‘12-15. Nev OL coach played RB at Valdosta when Leach was OC.

I really liked RB Jaxson Kincaide, but he was in street clothes after halftime being possibly concussed in the 1st half. So not sure if he is ready this week or not, he looked pretty good beforehand.

Wash St is in a bad situation schedule wise. +28? Yeah I think my curiosity is peaked enough I could play that hoping Nev gets into the 20s. Pretty tall order to think they win with true fr QB first road game vs good WSt D and an average MW D facing Falk and Co. But hey things happen, I don’t know, you got to follow your instincts.

I did not track week 1, but during Week 2, there were 3 underdogs that were predicted to win their respective games by both the Dunkel Index and also Oddshark websites. Those teams were Middle Tennessee State, Oklahoma, and UT-San Antonio. All 3 won. During Week 3, there were 2 underdogs that were predicted to win their respective games by both the Dunkel Index and also Oddshark websites. Those teams were Kentucky and San Diego State. Both teams won. For week 4, I see three so far, Kentucky, Ohio, & North Carolina. This could change though as more games are added to Dunkel this week.

:tiphat:

I did not track week 1, but during Week 2, there were 3 underdogs that were predicted to win their respective games by both the Dunkel Index and also Oddshark websites. Those teams were Middle Tennessee State, Oklahoma, and UT-San Antonio. All 3 won. During Week 3, there were 2 underdogs that were predicted to win their respective games by both the Dunkel Index and also Oddshark websites. Those teams were Kentucky and San Diego State. Both teams won. For week 4, I see three so far, Kentucky, Ohio, & North Carolina. This could change though as more games are added to Dunkel this week.

:tiphat:

Excellent, I'll be sure to check that site out!!

No Boston College love?

What's to love? LOL Can't believe how bad that team has become. From a pure situational standpoint and a price standpoint, I like the Eagles plus pts a little.

Any reason why Toledo is getting no love here this week? They are the best team in the MAC

It is conceivable. From the fact that we don't know much at all about 2017 Hurricanes and they weren't overly impressive in week 1. Hard to expect them to be sharp having this much time off. Upset isn't out of the realm of possibility given the circumstances, not sure I am going to be on it though. What's your angle on it?

What's to love? LOL Can't believe how bad that team has become. From a pure situational standpoint and a price standpoint, I like the Eagles plus pts a little.

It is conceivable. From the fact that we don't know much at all about 2017 Hurricanes and they weren't overly impressive in week 1. Hard to expect them to be sharp having this much time off. Upset isn't out of the realm of possibility given the circumstances, not sure I am going to be on it though. What's your angle on it?

Canes have had two weeks off, practice schedule disrupted. Classic lookahead spot with conference opener Duke and FSU showdown on deck. They think they are going to roll Toledo.
Logan Woodside had 6 TDs last week to lead the Rockets back against Tulsa. He has probably the best WR in the MAC in Thompson and they are going against inexperienced DBs.
I think its going to be a shootout. Big game for Toledo, Miami doesn't care that much. Also, not a big Mark Richt fan.

Don't know numbers yet. Will update post with figures once available.

NCSt +345
Tex Tech +190
Arkansas +116
Ohio +120
La Tech +290
Miami Oh +115
Ga Southern
TCU +340
Charlotte moved to pk. Never saw ML.
FAU +140
Colorado +345
Hawaii +235
UCLA +265

What kind of thoughts do you have on Ga Southern? I haven't seen much to get excited about, I mean from a ML perspective, what do you know on them? Program seems like it is on the downward spiral.

Have decided against Miss St and a few others

Going to play the following with points and on ML
Purdue
Kentucky ( got it at 4 and +190 ML and line keeps dropping )
Texas Tech
UCLA

smaller plays on
Syracuse
Toledo

may try first half ML on
Nevada
U Mass
think Wazzoo and Tenn too much for full game dog ML but they both have a history of some slow starts

What kind of thoughts do you have on Ga Southern? I haven't seen much to get excited about, I mean from a ML perspective, what do you know on them? Program seems like it is on the downward spiral.

I'm looking at s proud team (FBS Srandards) that got drug through the mud against an AU squad thst has a defense, and stadium, that are far superior to what the Hoosiers have to offer vs a team that beat a UVA team with what I consider no identity.

I ran through the schedule and threw out ML picks. I don't usually pick long shots, but see others that do. Do longshots often hit? Not often. But, IU has the Nittany Lions On deck. Is loathly GA So going to have their full attention? Maybe? Maybe not? Ask UF. THEY weren't expecting to get beat either.

Well that is true from when they beat Gators, but this Ga Southern team is a far cry from that team. Fans hate the coach and are clamoring for AD to get fired, which may or may not be justified. Firing Coach Summers, probably is. Fortunately players are more resilient and level headed than fans.

The bye week can only work to their advantage after the New Hampshire loss (who was just crushed by Holy Cross).

Do agree that Indiana doesn't have anything to really hang their hat on. Lagow was awful vs UVA and now they mix in the other QB and have no reliable running game. If Ga Southern has successfully moved back to the option they can gain an advantage over IU D, but that Ga Southern O these days doesn't have much of an identity or efficiency these days either. But the bye week can help and may catch IU off guard if Ga Southern can somehow recreate their former self it could be a game I suppose.

Not trying to be critical at all, but instead thought if something was there that I was not aware of I'd be willing to back it as well if you had some confidence in it. No problem throwing out longshots!

Wondering about Virginia ML? Any input from you guys?

Posted on the Troy at Boise ML week 1 and lost, and painfully lost a close one ATS too.

Boise is such a hard team to understand right now. Apparently their OL is subpar in pass protection, they have no running game outside of what Cozart has provided. Replacing 3 outstanding OL has proven to be a tough task. And Mattison hasn't delivered in replacing McNichols. They may be switching up RBs this week to get rFr Mahone more attempts. If Rypien is back that would be good you'd think, but if they continue to want to rotate him in and out with Cozart does that allow him to establish a rhythm and perform like he did last year or 2015? The OL can't protect him and he isn't mobile like Cozart. They rank 103rd in O ypp and lack explosiveness.

Boise D is the opposite however, they are quite good vs the and run and pass having faced some pretty good Os in Troy and Wazzou. Hard to take much away from NM with their 3rd string QB playing. But the D is leading this team right now.

Speaking of the NM game, Boise scored 28 pts last week, last year they scored 49 and had nearly 200 more yards of offense than they could generate last week. Vs Wazzou this year they scored 31 in regulation, but 14 of those pts were off D scores. The O has not been generating many pts. Boise's ST return game is a weapon and UVA isn't the best kick cover team.

Virginia QB Benkert is off to a good start this year 66% with 7-1 ratio, the competition however ramps up vs this Bronco D however. After a decent start last year, he was pretty inconsistent in ACC play. He will need to play a very clean game, I fear a Boise pick-six somewhere. Virginia can't run much and probably won't vs Boise either, so it will be on Benkert's shoulders.

I'd suspect an average Virginia D can hold their own vs a struggling Boise O. Mendenhall faced Boise in 2012, 13 and 14 with one close Boise win, a blowout Boise win and one BYU win so he should be pretty versed with playing in that stadium and what Boise likes to do.

Signs certainly point to a closer game than last time these two teams met in 2015 when Boise blew their doors off in Charlottesville under the old Cavs coaching staff. Seems I tend to talk myself out of ML plays more often than I make convincing cases for them in this thread. A Virginia win would honestly not surprise me, but can I bet on expecting it to happen? Your thoughts?

I watched Uconn do whatever they wanted. Doesn't make me want to hang my hat on UVA defense.

I watched Uconn do whatever they wanted. Doesn't make me want to hang my hat on UVA defense.

They did in the second half, thought Virginia D played well in the 1st, but may be a product of UConn not really being good at what they want to do. Thought some of UConn's 2nd half success was a product of UVA playing softer, but I don't know. True that if Boise was their normal self hard to have any confidence in UVA D, guess I had thought vs a Boise O searching for themselves it isn't too hard to look better on D vs them (like NM last week). No doubt Boise staff is burning midnight oil trying to ignite that O.

They did in the second half, thought Virginia D played well in the 1st, but may be a product of UConn not really being good at what they want to do. Thought some of UConn's 2nd half success was a product of UVA playing softer, but I don't know. True that if Boise was their normal self hard to have any confidence in UVA D, guess I had thought vs a Boise O searching for themselves it isn't too hard to look better on D vs them (like NM last week). No doubt Boise staff is burning midnight oil trying to ignite that O.

Actually, most of it did come 2h but uconn blew some opportunities 1h as well. Sherrifs was awful that half but the plays were there.

Not trying to be critical at all, but instead thought if something was there that I was not aware of I'd be willing to back it as well if you had some confidence in it. No problem throwing out longshots!

I don't take your comments as critical. I really enjoyed this thread last year. I recollect having a pretty good record throwing these out. Haven't done bad this year.

I do not have any inside information into this game, or any game for that matter. I appreciate your, and everyone on this board's, input. I am not a member of any other board because of the sharing of thought that goes on here. GL this week. Hope it is profitable for you.

Been thinking about Wake Forest and App State all week and thinking if I can pull the trigger on this ML.

WF and App St have played 22 times from 1975-01. App St has won 3 of the last 5 but is just 7-15 overall. This is WF’s first appearance at Kidd Brewer stadium and they are just the second P5 team to visit with Miami Fl being the first last year. Tickets for this one sold out in hours this summer.

Last year when the Canes rolled into Boone, NC they closed a 4 pt fav and while the atmosphere was great, the game failed to hold up it’s part of the bargain with Canes blowing the doors off App St with big plays and a speed disparity that was stark.

The moment and the opponent were too much for last year’s App St team, but I’m thinking this year should be different. These teams have many similarities.

Under Satterfield App St is 0-6 vs P5 teams, but those teams have been Clemson, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee and Georgia (twice). This is the first time they’ve faced a P5 team that they appear to be on equal footing with.

App St has finished top 20 in rush O and fewest sacks allowed three straight years (current through 3 games 63rd rushing O, but have only allowed 3 sacks). The OL did lose two starters from ‘16. A true Fr has earned his way into the started C spot this year. The 3 returning starters boost 83 career starts with the two new fighting for the LG spot have played in 28 career games (5 starts) and the C obviously just playing in and starting the first and only 3 games of his career to date.

Last season App St was #1 in Sun Belt rush O, total O and #1 in 10+ yard scrimmage plays and #2 with 20+ yard scrimmage plays.

They lost the great 4 year starting RB Marcus Cox, but Jalin Moore earned Co-O Player-of-the-Year last season and led the team in rushing (1402, 10TD). Of concern this week, Moore only had 1 carry in the second half vs Texas St and was in a walking boot early this week. Moore has progressed and is believed to be a game-time decision this week. If he can’t go Terrence Upshaw (Sr) and Marcus Williams (rFr) will step in.

They are starting 2 true frosh at WR in their 3 man group. This is because All-SBC WR Shaedon Meadors has not played this year and it is unknown if he is injured or serving a suspension. Darrynton Evans contributed last year, but he also has not played. Among the freshman filling in Thomas Hennigan has been impressive (12-102). The other, Malik Williams, is a converted DB (7-96). Ike Lewis is back offers some deep speed potential (4-73). Colin Reed is an option for them at TE (4-105-2TD).

App D is veteran with 6 Sr, 4 Jr and 1 Soph, with the Soph being Clifton Duck at CB who was 1st team SBC as a tr fr. The 4-man LB unit has 89 starts combined among them. Last year this D was #1 Sun Belt scoring, yards allowed, RZ D and #1 with fewest plays of 20+ yards allowed. They were also #2 SBC in sacks per game and opponent 3rd down %. While they lose 3 all conference performers, 3 return – 1 at each level of the D.

At QB, App and WF are fairly similar. Taylor Lamb will be starting his 42nd game, Wake's John Wolford 39th. Both have a 6-0 TD-INT ratio this season and Lamb hasn’t thrown a pick in 163 att (2nd longest active streak). Each have an 8.9 ypa and 65-67% completion rate. Both can run, although Wolford’s legs are more part of WF’s O. Current season rushing Wolford has 192y (5.65) to Lamb’s 117 (6.5).

The similarities continue...

WF’s OL returns 3 starters with 72 career starts among them and have two new players stepping into the RG and RT spots with 8 career starts combined from them.

WF returns ever player who scored a pt in 2016. But the big news for them this year is the emerging of rFr WR Greg Dortch, a burner who is leading the Deacs in rec, yards and TD receptions (14-179-4TD). Dortch is also used at punt and kick returner. The speed of rFr Akeem Byrd at RB is also something new for them.

8 Jr and Sr starters fill the Deacs D, most of which have been redshirted led by an All-ACC DE and S. While they are experienced at LB, the top 2 players from that 3-man unit have departed.

WF has been off to an outstanding start beating IAA, BC and Utah St by combined 131-27 score.

App St has struggled with a poor 31-10 loss at Georgia, a 54-7 win vs IAA and surprisingly last week trailed at half and hung on to win late 20-13 at a bad Texas St team.

Wake Forest should be every bit as good as last year and has improved their play making ability on O and ST and they’ve started hot.

App St does have some questions with injuries and absences at O skill positions, gotten off to a shaky start, but the D has held up their end of the equation.

My angle is this is another program defining moment for App St. To us, playing Wake Forest in Boone isn’t nearly that big of a deal, just a middle-of-the pack ACC team. But to them, getting an instate ACC team at home is quite a big deal. And while they were unable to rise to the occasion last season vs superior athletes and speed with Miami, I think they matchup much better this time around and actually the betting odds are better vs Wake (+6/+195 vs Wake) (+4/+156 vs Miami).

Wake Forest has not played one team with a pulse on O this year, while I very much respect their D, the results of the first 3 weeks are likely skewed by the poor Os they've faced. WF crushed Boston College, but a closer look at that game shows the stats even. The primary difference was turnovers that set up a 24y TD "drive", a 2 yard TD "drive" and a pick-six for 21 easy pts off turnovers in the 34-10 win. WF's first 5 drives of the game produced just 67 yards, so it is not like WF just walked in their and dominated.

I am worried about App’s situation at RB and WR, especially if Moore is a no go and worry that the new rFr players for WF are going to make them harder to defend. Having said that, App St has what I like...experienced team with a chance at a statement game as a home dog vs a team they should matchup well with and nearly 2:1 odds.

Most upset wins are hard to predict when you sit down and try to justify how or why, these teams are dogged for a reason. If it’s not the right risk for you to take then follow your gut.

great write up as usual s-k
good luck tonight and tomorrow
taking the points tonight but hope the ML hits for you and more ML dogs bark tomorrow

Boom s--k

With 21 days off I am leaning NC St and Toledo. 1H ML for sure and gonna stab on full game as well.
I'm not sure what the layoff is gonna do for both of these teams but I will put my money on them both starting slow and use the 1H to knock the rust off.

NC St 1H ML +280
Toledo 1H ML (have not seen a # yet)

Thanks. Several here past and present have set the standard high for posting good content. I'm not good at saying "this is what will happen", but hopefully I'm good at presenting things to make people know more about the particular game.

The most optimistic Virginia fan couldn't have expected that kind of success vs Boise last night, I certainly did not. But I did expect Boise's O to struggle, because they have all season long. Glad it turned out the way it did.

Not sure what other's do, but when I do a ML play I like to make sure the ATS play assuming it wins nets what I want assuming the ML play loses. So typically I'll do .1u on the ML and 1u on the ATS, or .5u on the ML and 1.5 or 2u on the ATS. Hitting MLs at a decent rate is hard so I put the emphasis on the ATS part. So 10 to win 41 might seem small but it is just part of the overall exposure. Best thing about finding higher odds MLs to play is only need to win 1 out of 3 to still be in the positive.

Exactly. Same approach for me as well. Small on the ML and reg on ATS so that if the ML doesn't hit, still a profit to be made on ATS.
Money Management

Only way to play dogs imo, I do it in soccer all the time, half the unit on ML as the spread...and on favorites twice the unit on ML as the spread. Of course I lose a lot too lol but gotta be smart and when you lose a game hopefully you can still cash if it's close.

Bronco has the Wahoos tracking. What a coach. I should have considered BYU history vs Boise for this game. It took a while but Chris Petersons resdiduals are gone

Wish I had a little more confidence in Cal. USC off the two big games and now travel to lowly Cal. Fact Bears are 3-0 will have their attention and Cal D while opportunistic, can get gashed, but just wonder if USC can bring same intensity 3rd straight game. Hippies are going to be way up for it that is for sure.

Akron

Moh ..though they may close the favorite

More value coming Akron's way. Up to +664, was 588 last night. Spread surged past 17. Does Akron have the receiving threats to aid Woodson and compliment Ball?

Lots of interesting line movements this morning for sure
Agree with others about larger play with points to cover ML loss and vary percentages

Sticking with my plays previously listed
Adding some first half ML on each of these and boxing two team parleys on the following
Toledo +295
NC State +260
Texas Tech +185
Cal +400

Also going to play small on U Mass 1st half ML +1400 more a play on Tenn slow starts, poor coaching, turmoil at Tenn
Usually do one $2 crazy long shot parlay and this week going with these 5 and Syracuse 1st half ML +775 $2 > $52256

Lots of interesting line movements this morning for sure
Agree with others about larger play with points to cover ML loss and vary percentages

Sticking with my plays previously listed
Adding some first half ML on each of these and boxing two team parleys on the following
Toledo +295
NC State +260
Texas Tech +185
Cal +400

Also going to play small on U Mass 1st half ML +1400 more a play on Tenn slow starts, poor coaching, turmoil at Tenn
Usually do one $2 crazy long shot parlay and this week going with these 5 and Syracuse 1st half ML +775 $2 > $52256
good grief if UMASS wins the 1H Neyland may burn down haha

I do some BB, week 2 I hit a couple good ones, last week had lots of the dog winners identified and hit one medium one
Seem each year I have had one really big weekend like last year 2 teamer of Houston over L'Ville and Kansas over Texas paid over 250 to 1
If Texas and NMSU would have won outright last week it would have been beyond huge

my percentages are still solidly on the other plays listed on my weekly post but I take about 10-15% of weekly amount and mess with ML dogs and combos for fun

Back