Week 4 Discussion Thread

There were points left on the field

Absolutely. From what i saw Marshall coulda easily won if they were better in red zone. Anyone on over had to sweat and shouldn’t have been that way. The middle ended up working perfectly if anyone did it.

Absolutely. From what i saw Marshall coulda easily won if they were better in red zone. Anyone on over had to sweat and shouldn’t have been that way. The middle ended up working perfectly if anyone did it.

That said (bout Marshall red zone), app st freaking ran all over them so I dunno that Marshall shoulda won? Just that they could have had they cashed in red zone trips.

For reference, I just saw a posted line of ND -1.5 next week vs Cincy.
Was guessing 2.5 with a hope of 3 since Cincy doesn't play this week, good ND showing would help

Will be an incredible ML bet for me and if I can get 3 points that will be a Brinks type

What the hell is Arroyo doing at QB with UNLV? Started 3 different QBs in 3 games this year and Tate Martel even played last game for Christ's sake!

Last year I thought that UNLV played on hell of a 3 Q game vs Fresno. Then the 4th Q happened. Gilliam gone at QB this year. It's hard for me to believe how much worse they have gotten. BUT, they have played two P5 teams, played no P5 teams last year, so that is part of it...maybe they actually were this bad last year, but only a couple teams really revealed it.

Man 30.5 is a huge number with Fresno on short week off emotional UCLA win.

This line last year in Vegas was only 11!!! Fresno won by 13, was close for most of the game.

What the hell is Arroyo doing at QB with UNLV? Started 3 different QBs in 3 games this year and Tate Martel even played last game for Christ's sake!

Last year I thought that UNLV played on hell of a 3 Q game vs Fresno. Then the 4th Q happened. Gilliam gone at QB this year. It's hard for me to believe how much worse they have gotten. BUT, they have played two P5 teams, played no P5 teams last year, so that is part of it...maybe they actually were this bad last year, but only a couple teams really revealed it.

Man 30.5 is a huge number with Fresno on short week off emotional UCLA win.

This line last year in Vegas was only 11!!! Fresno won by 13, was close for most of the game.

It def hold your nose and play unlv or nothing. I’m thinking just a pass tho.

Doug Brumfield has practiced all week, so trending for him to play tomorrow. Martel reportedly not in mix of QB rotation, he is not practicing, foot in boot. Brumfield is best QB they have. Rodgers isn't good and the Tr Fr from last week isn't ready. Wonder where Gilliam went to?

How is fresno qb feeling? He appeared to be awful banged up in the Bruins game. Hell of a effort by him as he was clearly in some pain. I wonder if this a situation where they might be better served sitting him or at least getting him out after a half? I dunno what exactly was wrong with him or how he doing, just that he appeared to be in pain!

Fresno did have a kid play some meaningful snaps in the ucon game once it was out of reach (fife?), but then against cal poly it was a different kid (Henderson). Again I dunno how badly Heaner hurting, maybe he fine? Just seems like a good week to get him some rest if he needs it.

How good is that side the MW right now?! Man I love sjst, Nevada, and fresno! No clue who gonna come out of that. Not like sdst is bad either! Just don’t think they can hang with Nevada or fresno offense. Sjst could be a serious grind it out affair. Despite how little I’m starting to think of Boise this year the mw is loaded! Wyoming could end up being a problem for boise! As will Utah st be this weekend!! This my favorite g5 conf by far right now.

Haener downplayed it, but said he'd be living in the training room this week and was emailing professors to push back deadlines on work due!

I think the fans like Fife better than Henderson. Haener will be out as soon as the game is comfortable, no reason to over use him with the hits he took last week. That is assuming they play well and take care of business and aren't too full of themselves.

I was just looking at the 2nd H performance of UNLV...allowed 24 to ISU and scored 3, line was 13. allowed 23 to ASU and UNLV scored 0, line was 14

Fresno is very good. With that said, at some point in the game, UNLV should have their most success they have had since week 1.

Line is massive for Fresno over conference team. UConn was lined lower, and that was when UConn had just a little teeny tiny bit of life in them. Fresno actually started slow in that game and UConn almost came in the back door on the 2nd H number.

Obviously you can tell I'm already trying to think ahead about ways to play UNLV.

What do we think the goody ass start time does to the Boise/utah st game? Supposedly it being played at that crazy early start so they could have it on cbs sports? Dunno why they couldn’t have bumped fresno/unlv? Lol. Does it hurt the effect of the crowd? Will they be amped up at 9am or whatever time it be there? Does it effect the players? And who more? I’m not a fan of this kick time although I do like getting a mw game on so early! Lol. The total is insanely high, surely this early kick not conducive for a high scoring start?

Oh shoot, it actually on CBS, not cbs sports. Guess that why they decided to play it this early. Getting network national exposure!! That makes little more sense!

What kind of crowds does Utah st generally draw? I honestly can’t recall last time I saw a game played there with fans anyways. Gotta think the 3-0 start plus being on cbs should bring a good one right?

Utah should be mountain time so 2 hours behind eastern time.

Might be tough for Boise off disappointing home loss vs Ok St. But this is MWC opener so that should be enough to have them up.

I still like Utah State and am going to keep liking them. Suppose their is worry if they can keep it up. Big comeback win in Wazzou, come back, flat 1st H vs ND, second half comeback big, last week fall behind by two scores, rally back 4th Q. At some point do they run out of gas...or is it momentum that builds on it's self for guys who haven't been good for a while, they want to keep riding that wave, or they get tired and fall off?

That kind of stuff, who knows which way it cuts. We can guess. I say find the side you like and then the other stuff can provide further reinforcement if you want.

What kind of crowds does Utah st generally draw? I honestly can’t recall last time I saw a game played there with fans anyways. Gotta think the 3-0 start plus being on cbs should bring a good one right?

They had a very good and loud excited crowd for the home opener night game after Wazzou when they hosted North Dakota. They were pretty into it. But that was a Friday night. I can't see an 10am kick being any where near that hyped even vs Boise.

They had a very good and loud excited crowd for the home opener night game after Wazzou when they hosted North Dakota. They were pretty into it. But that was a Friday night. I can't see an 10am kick being any where near that hyped even vs Boise.

Plus adding in the fact it a nationally televised game? I mean I get it, I’m somewhat curious myself with such a early kick but gotta think the excitement and now the national spotlight vs Boise should bring them out!! I love the way they seem to own 4th qrtrs in their games combined with the fact boise been ass in 2nd half of the ucf and okie lite games. Id rather they didn’t get down dd again tho!

Last time I see this team on tv was when Colin Kapernick was the QB…..lol

Think they have a nice view looking outside the stadium…..like during sunset time…..

Last time I see this team on tv was when Colin Kapernick was the QB…..lol

Think they have a nice view looking outside the stadium…..like during sunset time…..

Lol. Same here. Kep was awesome Back then! Think he played for Nevada tho not utah st!!I do think might be a new trend cause really like the coaching staff.

Lol. Same here. Kep was awesome Back then! Think he played for Nevada tho not utah st!!I do think might be a new trend cause really like the coaching staff.
Oh yeah…..I was second guessing myself about where Kap played after I posted the message.

So I guess it’s Nevada against Utah st? The stadium that I was referring to is probably at Nevada…..

Remember UNLV are playing all home games in the pro stadium this year

Heard that of the 35k there last week, 28k were ISU

There will be no HFA, if anything it will seem like they're playing in a morgue

That said, tonight is weird. Frez coming off the huge wind and home against a team that may not have much aspiration now

I get a random $25 bet on Frez -23.5 and not sure I even want to do that

Oh yeah…..I was second guessing myself about where Kap played after I posted the message.

So I guess it’s Nevada against Utah st? The stadium that I was referring to is probably at Nevada…..

honestly i was agreeing with you and started scratching my head thinking "this dont sound right", had to google real quick! lol.. still think last time i actually saw a utah st home game it been about that long ago when kap was playing! that why i was asking what the crowd be like? sound like should be a good crowd, the super early start makes me wonder how crazy they be tho? you would think the combination of the start team has gotten off to under the new staff, the exciting style they play, it being boise st who has owned them, and the national tv spotlight the fans should bring their A game!!! i think boise ripe to get knocked off their MW thrown but we shall see..

honestly i was agreeing with you and started scratching my head thinking "this dont sound right", had to google real quick! lol.. still think last time i actually saw a utah st home game it been about that long ago when kap was playing! that why i was asking what the crowd be like? sound like should be a good crowd, the super early start makes me wonder how crazy they be tho? you would think the combination of the start team has gotten off to under the new staff, the exciting style they play, it being boise st who has owned them, and the national tv spotlight the fans should bring their A game!!! i think boise ripe to get knocked off their MW thrown but we shall see..
You didn't watch any games when Jordan Love was there?

The stadium only holds roughly 25,000. They had 18,000 for ND, so this should be a sell out.

They have a good home court for hoops, so I'm guessing there should be some buzz for this one.

I already played Utah St +9 and ml. I just don't like this Boise team.

It's a early kick, but I'm guessing the LDS kids at UTAH St aren't still hungover.

I've actually made the troika of hoops trips to Logan, Provo, and SLC. Pretty fun trips minus drunk co-eds.

Speaking of, why do Mormons act like they don't drink or have sex?

Every one of them I've met take care of business and a couple have had fake IDs

Human>>>Mormon. Principle.

The stadium only holds roughly 25,000. They had 18,000 for ND, so this should be a sell out.

They have a good home court for hoops, so I'm guessing there should be some buzz for this one.

I already played Utah St +9 and ml. I just don't like this Boise team.

It's a early kick, but I'm guessing the LDS kids at UTAH St aren't still hungover.

yea i have watched many a utah st hoops game, not so much football.. we on same page bout boise, no secret how little i think of their qb and im starting to feel the same about the coaching staff after twice seeing them get owned when it came to halftime adjustments or lack thereof! on the other hand i like the coach utah st brought over from arky st. i dont think boise gonna be able to stop the offense. the only thing i will say for boise is they have obviously played a much higher level of comp than utah st has and utah st has gotten themselves in a big hole in all 3 their games! really dont want to see them fall behind dd once again, playing with fire counting on them comebacks.. it is nice we know they have that ability and we have seen boise look awful in the second half in both losses, they wernt even great in the utep game after half, that could have simply been taking foot off gas tho..

You didn't watch any games when Jordan Love was there?

yea, i did, i just cant really recall what the home stadium was like for some reason?? my memory sucks, i did watch several game when love played, only one i remember was last bowl appearance where he got caught smoking weed or something leading up to ..

boise has really owned this matchup which i think gives utah st extra fuel.. this def be one the ml dogs i bet this week.. along with falling behind every game utah st defense is def a concern, of course the total is freaking 70 so neither team looks like their offense gonna struggle much,, long as utah st has this a close back and forth game i count on boise qb making a few terrible decisions that could cost them another game!! one good thing i see for us is despite how terrible the utah st run dfense looks on paper im not convinced boise can take adv, their rushing attack been abysmal avg 2.1 yards a carry.. when i look deeper into the utah st games it really just the air force game that has killed their run defense numbers which AF will do that to just about everyone!! of the 149 wazzu rushed for in week 1 64 came on one long run. if we take that play away (boise rb doesnt have that kind of game breaking speed) wazzu only averaged 3.4 a carry on their other 25 attempts!! north dakota st only averaged 3 ypc.. so really i think it fair to assume boise rushing attack wont be a huge concern. so despite boise being balanced far as rush/pass what i saw in the okie st game was when they attempted to run it almost always put them into 3rd and long situations, even against utep their run game gave them very little.. think it fair to say only one these teams has a offense you cant focus on taking away just one thing as unlike boise utah st has a running game you have to respect lead by the Oregon st transfer calvin tyler..

Boise returned some of their ticket allotment.

The game will be a sell out or near sellout., It was trending to be a sell out from what I read this morning. Doesn't mean it will be nearly full or full, but the tickets will be sold.

Everyone in the MWC hates Boise, so no doubt Utah St should be plenty up. BYU is on deck next Friday. That is the #1 hate game for Utah State.

That said, tonight is weird. Frez coming off the huge wind and home against a team that may not have much aspiration now

I get a random $25 bet on Frez -23.5 and not sure I even want to do that

Is that a teaser play?

I think UNLV will give all they have, they just don't have much to give. I'm going to take UNLV to cover tonight, somehow, I think they will as long as Brumfield is the QB.

Remember UNLV are playing all home games in the pro stadium this year

Heard that of the 35k there last week, 28k were ISU

There will be no HFA, if anything it will seem like they're playing in a morgue

Yeah, the fans miss Sam Boyd already.

Is that a teaser play?

I think UNLV will give all they have, they just don't have much to give. I'm going to take UNLV to cover tonight, somehow, I think they will as long as Brumfield is the QB.
No since they legalized here I've used Caesar's online as opposed to local

They do a fun booster bet daily and today it's Frez to win by 24 or more, cap of $25 at +100 odds

Oh, ok got it a promo type play.

UNLV has unexpected given Fresno games before. I mentioned last year until the 4th Q and two turnovers. UNLV could always turn it over like it's cool again, so not like that would be a fluke. A 2-5 UNLV team went to Fresno as 21.5 dogs in 2017 and won. Fresno was off upset win at SD St and 5-2 (2 losses were vs Bama and Wash). Fresno went 10-4 that year.

There is no mistake about it, Fresno is good and UNLV is abysmal. I think I am hung up too much on the fact that I watched last years game (I ML'd UNLV in that one) and saw a pretty competitive game until the 4th. So that is clouding my vision. And the fact that UNLV is off back-to-back P5 schools so in theory the going should get easier this week, although Fresno just off win vs good P5 team and UNLV could be a little beat up. Who is playing QB is a big thing because 2 of the 3 QBs they have started this year are terrible. Brumfield came off the bench to lead a comeback vs Eastern Washington and then started vs ASU (led 2 long scoring drives to open game) but got hurt and then they started a Tr Fr vs ISU who is either bad or just not ready. Suppose I'm hoping for something in the upper teens to low 20s out of them tonight, which in the context of last year isn't asking too much because that was their typical output. This year it is not.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Back