Week 2 What Have We Learned

Atlanta is a joke

Man, the Pats came to play. Just an organization that can get it done. I’m not sold they can go all the way but they will be a game for anyone.
Hated that play call at the end though. HATED.

Lotta injuries as stated.

Atlanta is a joke

Man, the Pats came to play. Just an organization that can get it done. I’m not sold they can go all the way but they will be a game for anyone.
Hated that play call at the end though. HATED.

Lotta injuries as stated.

hard to fault the play call when Cam is 17 for 19 lifetime running from inside the 2. sure Seattle knew it was coming but all he has to do is bounce outside instead of follow the blocker and he walks in. I was hoping they run that same thing where they give that look and he does the stop and throw it, woulda been so wide open but still think it hard to fault the call considering the success rate he always has had and they have had with it this year.

im shocked he didn’t see that blocker get upended and bounce it to the outside, I wonder if it was him being a Patriots way guy now and sticking to the play?

I like Atlanta to beat the bears next week.

Also Arthur Blank not firing Dan Quinn last year when they started 1-7 was a joke. Have fun starting 1-7 again.

I learned Jordan Reed is still in the NFL and doing Jordan Reed things. Expect him to be injured by week 4.

if I have that dudes concussion history and seeing how snake bitten niners appear to be this year I would be running far away from that team!

Cam looked fantastic last night. Injury free. McDaniel blew the call everyone knew Cam was running. The Patriots might beat my Bills AFC East future I'm thinking after last night. That D wont be lit up by mere mortal teams

I think Cam going to the Patriots was the best thing he could have ever done for his career. He went from near washed up to looking better than he has ever looked. Last night was the best I have seen him look on the field in his career, including his MVP season. That said I dont think it matters because the New England defense is a shell of itself because of the opt outs.

couldn’t agree more about Cam, even at his best id never seen him so precise and accurate with his throws. Everything about him looks better than I’ve ever seen it. Not only is he at his best I think it fair to say he doing things with this same group of playmakers Brady couldn’t come close to last year!

not in as much agreement about pats d. True they def not the same dominant unit of the past but they still gonna be in top half the league imo. They still have one the best secondaries around and They still have the best in the business at game planning against opponents. They def lacking pass rushers but they will prob sign some guy off the street or make a move that turns into gold. I don’t think they will be gettin cooked many weeks like Russ cooked them. Fair to say their defense had a better performance vs Miami than the bills d did isn’t it?

I’ve always liked Cam. He can play. I wouldn’t run him into the ground though

I don’t think they will. Seemed to me like there were less straight run plays called for him last night compared to week 1 (That was just my perception tho). Guess it depends if they think of him as the long term solution? Obviously right now it seems like a great idea but I’m sure they wanna see him hold up for a lot longer than 2 games!

Ive always liked him too, going back to thinking it was great how he clearly got paid to play for auburn and getting away with it! I’m rooting for him big time, league better when he healthy and playing like this!!

Quinn and ST coach should be fired. It's one thing to play like shit, but to have 3 members of your hands onside kick team not know the rules in simply unbelievable. That was an easy kick to recover too - moving slowly.

Teams that got rid of star WR (Houston, Minny) not doing too well. Teams that picked up star WR (Buffalo, AZ) are doing very well. Passing league.

If I'm a GM, outside of QB I'm looking for pass rushers anywhere and everywhere - every round I'm searching. If you can't put pressure on the QB in today's game, you have no chance.

The Raiders look to be a team to keep an eye on for wagering purposes. They will come to play. The old Raiders would have rolled over after things did not go their way early last night. Instead they showed a lot of resolve, especially on defense. The Saints absolutely did themselves no favors with the flags last night and missing Thomas was obviously huge but credit the Raiders for playing a great game.

Carson Wentz honestly just might not be the guy. Brutal INT in the end zone on first down which killed all the momentum philly had. Missed a wide open touchdown later by holding on to the ball too long, another one of his issues

he a few more shitty games away from ppl wanting Hurts! Lol. The fact they drafted Hurts kinda said a lot didn’t it? I dunno how the hell Philly can admit to it tho? Not only the draft pick on wentz but then throwing all the money at him early!

As if I didn’t think Lynn should be fired already, now I saw a press conf where this clown says “Herbert a backup for a reason, Tyrod gives them best chance to win”. I obviously dunno wtf going on at practice but we all saw how garbage chargers offense looked like vs bungals w Tyrod and then we all saw how much more talented Hebert is vs a good defense last week! If lynn gonna question our intelligence spewing that garbage I don’t mind saying how awful he is as a HC. Go back to running a defense cause you much better at that than a team!!!

I guess it could be the fact that apparently it was chargers medical staff who fucked Tyrod up so they can’t bench him for fear of being sued!!! Lol. Only thing that makes sense to me. Panthers coming to town be a freakin perfect time to give Herbert another game, dont they want their #1 pick to succeed?

Havnt we all seen enough of Tyrod to know he a backup? If you telling me he gives you a better chance than your top pick you freakin whiffed. Thing is we all saw you didn’t! Kid can play.

If it wasn’t for niners truckload of injuries we be talking bout how hard Donks been hit by injury bug! They lost a tackle and best pass rusher before the season even started, Sutton came off the shoulder and tore something in his leg, drew lock down for a month. All a sudden they look like worst team in West when I thought they might be right behind kc. Unless lynn insist on going with Tyrod then maybe chargers the bottom feeders!

Reid and gruden have to just laugh when they see the coaching jobs going on in la and Denver! Doesn’t matter how much talent those 2 teams acquire long as fangio and lynn running those teams.

The Raiders look to be a team to keep an eye on for wagering purposes. They will come to play. The old Raiders would have rolled over after things did not go their way early last night. Instead they showed a lot of resolve, especially on defense. The Saints absolutely did themselves no favors with the flags last night and missing Thomas was obviously huge but credit the Raiders for playing a great game.
Agree. But I think I like the spot and matchup for the pats this week

I think there's a balance that the Chargers could find.. I think Mahomes would not be the QB he was in 2018 without sitting in 2017, even though he could have gone out there and played at a high level.. But the difference being he was learning from a solid player and teacher who was entrenched in a system in Alex Smith. Justin is not going to learn a heck of a lot backing up Tyrod. He showed he can play and can also make some terrible decisions. The Chargers need to decide what they want this year to be. Because Taylor may be the safe play, but are they really going to win the AFC? No. And is Herbert going to be crippled by playing year 1? I don't think so... They really gotta come up with a plan though because this is how guys get fired. And as a Chiefs fan I do not want Lynn fired lol

I think there's a balance that the Chargers could find.. I think Mahomes would not be the QB he was in 2018 without sitting in 2017, even though he could have gone out there and played at a high level.. But the difference being he was learning from a solid player and teacher who was entrenched in a system in Alex Smith. Justin is not going to learn a heck of a lot backing up Tyrod. He showed he can play and can also make some terrible decisions. The Chargers need to decide what they want this year to be. Because Taylor may be the safe play, but are they really going to win the AFC? No. And is Herbert going to be crippled by playing year 1? I don't think so... They really gotta come up with a plan though because this is how guys get fired. And as a Chiefs fan I do not want Lynn fired lol

I agree there a ton of cases where sitting a year did guys a world of good, after watching Hebert I don’t think that the case here. Chargers have a good roster so it not like he getting thrown out there to be David Carr’ed! The moment wasn’t to big for him, he was composed throughout so not sure what he learning sitting behind a career backup?

bottom line lynn is just another one these defensive minded garbage head coaches that doesn’t want his qb to take any risk so he can punt it back to his defense!! He rather lose by 3 than go for the win and potentially put his defense in a bad spot (as if punting it to mahomes in ot isn’t setting your defense up for failure!). They should fire him and steal away ya’ll OC to take over in the off season!

Last edited:
Lynn and Quinn should be fired. Herbert looks to be a player. Sam Darnold is a backup QB with no leadership qualities and will be surfing within two years

Darnold is playing for a coach that shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL and he has high school talent around him. Darnold will be a good quarterback when he leaves the Jets.

Anthony lynn shouldn’t be a head coach. He a great defensive coordinator unfortunately his critical in game decisions reflect his defensive mind. How in gods name you punt on 4th and 1 in overtime after mahomes started cooking in the 4th I’ll never know? Was there any freaking doubt mahomes would get kc in fg range the minute the chargers punter came out? I know at least half the coaches in the league prob do the same but it still the wrong call! What makes it even worse is they were pounding the rock with success, you have to give your guys the chance to win that game!

don’t even get me started on him saying after the game Tyrod still gonna be their starting QB!! You gotta be kidding me! Did Herbert make a few terrible rookie mistakes? Sure he did, but he also made a bunch of throws Tyrod has never made and isn’t capable of making! There no reason not to let that kid take over, he clearly good enough and not knowing he was starting until minutes before kickoff makes it pretty damn clear he doing all the right things in preparation!! What good it do having him sit?

Lynn was a running backs coach with the Jets and Bills under Rex Ryan.

I agree there a ton of cases where sitting a year did guys a world of good, after watching Hebert I don’t think that the case here. Chargers have a good roster so it not like he getting thrown out there to be David Carr’ed! The moment wasn’t to big for him, he was composed throughout so not sure what he learning sitting behind a career backup?

bottom line lynn is just another one these defensive minded garbage head coaches that doesn’t want his qb to take any risk so he can punt it back to his defense!! He rather lose by 3 than go for the win and potentially put his defense in a bad spot (as if punting it to mahomes in ot isn’t setting your defense up for failure!). They should fire him and steal away ya’ll OC to take over in the off season!

If you had a chance to watch any of the NFL Network specials leading up to week 1, especially the Andy Reid one, Eric Bieniemy is going to be a fantastic head coach. I certainly hope it is not with the Chargers or Broncos. Preferably NFC. Seems like Detroit or Atlanta will have an opening shortly.

Last edited:
If you had a chance to watch any of the NFL Network specials leading up to week 1, especially the Andy Reid one, Eric Bienemy is going to be a fantastic head coach. I certainly hope it is not with the Chargers or Broncos. Preferably NFC. Seems like Detroit or Atlanta will have an opening shortly.

I agree, gotta love the Andy coaching tree. hopefully he smart enough not to go jumping at some clown team like lions just to get the chance. He should hold out for a good job with a good young qb. That why chargers should hire him so they don’t waste Hebert with the bum they got. Denver would be good too, they got tons of weapons and a qb that could be good, and currently a coach who doesn’t even know he can use time outs so his offense can get the ball back!!

If you had a chance to watch any of the NFL Network specials leading up to week 1, especially the Andy Reid one, Eric Bienemy is going to be a fantastic head coach. I certainly hope it is not with the Chargers or Broncos. Preferably NFC. Seems like Detroit or Atlanta will have an opening shortly.

I would be concerned that its Reid calling the plays and doesn't Bienemy have some off the field issues.

Jets should have a opening soon. Dunno if darnold good or not?

Jets will have an opening and Darnold will be good if they hire the right coach and put some talent around him. Seriously I've had it with everyone blaming the Jets woes on Darnold when Gase is incompetent and he has no skill position players around him.

I would be concerned that its Reid calling the plays and doesn't Bienemy have some off the field issues.

Reid does call the plays. EB sends them in to Mahomes. He’s got free reign to make adjustments as well. He is spoken of with the same reverence that the players use for Reid.

He got into a bar fight when he was 19. And shoved a firefighter when he was 20. He’s now 51. I think he’s good.

This is a franchise where the owner called the head coach (and this is a direct quote) ... "an offensive genius" after they lost to Buffalo in week one and were not even mildly competitive.

This franchise is utter trash.

lol. The same genius that couldn’t put up 100 yards a game when darnold was out last year?? Doesn’t tannenhill succeeding in Tennessee even speak more to how garbage he is? I thought that was one those things they say right before they fire the guy, didn’t know he was serious. I’ve heard the new gm jets got is supposed to be solid?

lol. The same genius that couldn’t put up 100 yards a game when darnold was out last year?? Doesn’t tannenhill succeeding in Tennessee even speak more to how garbage he is? I thought that was one those things they say right before they fire the guy, didn’t know he was serious. I’ve heard the new gm jets got is supposed to be solid?

I'm already losing faith in the new GM though its early. The Becton pick was outstanding but the rest of his first draft looks pretty bad so far. The Adams trade was great but we will see what he does with the extra picks.

I get the feeling that the Johnson brothers never watched a game before Woody bought the team. Fans thought things would improve under his brother but Chris appears to be the bigger idiot.

The Saints and the NFL emasculated Brees this preseason for no reason. Malcom Jenkins is a woke curse that is living off the past and his big mouth. This team is fragile. Drew is resentful how they did him. Believe that. This team will have zero chemistry this season.

The Saints and the NFL emasculated Brees this preseason for no reason. Malcom Jenkins is a woke curse that is living off the past and his big mouth. This team is fragile. Drew is resentful how they did him. Believe that. This team will have zero chemistry this season.

Brees brought it on himself by being a pussy and apologizing when he did nothing wrong.

Back