Week 2 What Have We Learned

Honestly don't know what to make of the Cowboys-Falcon game. I guess its a feather in the cap of the Boys for fighting all the way to the end. But man they played like shit for a LOT of the game.

couldn't the Falcons have grabbed that onside kick before it went 10 yards?
You can definitely make a play on the ball before it goes 10 yards. But don't bobble it, because as soon as you touch it anyone can jump on it. I think it just mesmerized them. The Leg earned his contract today. He faded that 46 yarder off the left upright like Dustin Johnson too.

Chargers have a very solid team, with a GREAT D.
KC finding ways to get it done. What a game next week!
My Eagles are pathetic.
NFC west is wicked.
NFC east sucks.
Not sure what to make of Buff yet.
My Denv o7.5 wins is fucked.

Chargers have a very solid team, with a GREAT D.
KC finding ways to get it done. What a game next week!
My Eagles are pathetic.
NFC west is wicked.
NFC east sucks.
Not sure what to make of Buff yet.
My Denv o7.5 wins is fucked.

not sold on sd. They under achieve every year. Classic sandwich game for kc w the opener and Ravens next week.

eagles won’t win w Carson although like you said the division blows. Dallas has zero d.

Dallas gave away field position like it was free candy:

Fumble at Dallas 22 - Touchdown
Fumble at Atlanta 48 - Touchdown
Failed Fake Punt at Dallas 29 - Field Goal (this was a little bit of a turning point for the D)
Fumble at Dallas 40 - Field Goal
Failed Fake Punt #2 at Dallas 43 - Field Goal

That's 23 points on 140 yards of offense, a pretty sweet deal. It took the Boys 365 yards of offense to get their first 24 points.

THE SECRET PLAY YOU WON'T HEAR ABOUT TODAY - Falcons up 20-7, respond to the Cowboys first signs of life in the 2nd quarter with a 12 play, 75 yard, 6 minute TD drive of their own. Quinn decided to go for two. Falcons fail, and so now they're up 26-7 instead of 27-7. Play the rest of the game out with the XP:

27-10, 30-10, 30-17, 30-24, 37-24, 40-24, 40-30, 40-37, 40-40 and we play OT.

Quinn's explanation post game: "I thought just at that space, get it to where it goes up to three scores," Quinn said. "You're back to your normal spacing of points to go. More just chart related to get the score going, nothing too deeper than that on that one."

Way, way, way to early to be chasing points.

Cowboys have a bend don't break D that has one super-strength: They defend the two point conversion as well as anyone. I remember the game against Pittsburgh 4 years ago when Tomlin was in his go for two madness. They stopped Pitt on all four two point tries and the Steelers continued point chasing cost them big.

Lynn and Quinn should be fired. Herbert looks to be a player. Sam Darnold is a backup QB with no leadership qualities and will be surfing within two years

I can't believe on that last play in Seattle that McDaniel didn't dial up that run-pass option that he used earlier when Cam flipped it out late to #47. Seahawks charged everyone into the line, could've slipped someone out pretty easily one would think.

couldn't the Falcons have grabbed that onside kick before it went 10 yards?

That’s what I was thinking too.........maybe Atl players mental lapses or dudes just scared to be the one to touch it and F it up..........smh......

Atl defense sucks since their Super Bowl run.....
Coach needs to be canned......

The end-over-end onside kicks with the velocity / bounce are dicey. But that putt yesterday should have been pounced on pretty easily but Atlanta just froze and / or wasn't coached well and, yes, hopefully #17 is still walking home from Dallas. Inexcusable.

I get the focus on safety and the crack back block rule but there were a couple yesterday that were clean and didn't clean anyone's clock, just solid football plays that were flagged.

Yeah, McDaniels had a brain freeze. Both Seattle defenders who made the play commented last night that they knew exactly what was coming. A throw on that play wins the game.

Russell Wilson is an incredible player. This season: 11 incompletions, 9 TDs. Can't give the guy enough credit.

And, yes, Dallas could have done 50%. (State is allowing up to that % in stadiums). I believe A&M is doing 50% at their stadium. Texas is doing 25%. Surprised Jerrah didn't put a few more bodies into the Death Star.

Last edited:
There were fans at the Browns, Cowboys, Colts and Dolphins games this week. They went 3-1 and the Dolphins played tough in a loss.

i mentioned after I heard some places were gonna have fans while others wernt I thought it was incredibly unfair. Certainly not blaming the teams who can have fans putting them there, just sucks everyone can’t do it.

that said im not real sure having fans at those places had much to do with anything in the outcome. The road teams in the 3 losses are pretty crappy And looked that way the previous week at home or without fans. Fish proved last year they gonna play ya tough so again not sure fans helped, actually think the weather delay was a bigger factor for fish making that a game.

Speaking of that bills game, wow josh Allen has made a huge step! Not sure it coincidence bills bring in diggs and their young qb takes huge leap up in play while cousins without him looks way worse than he was back when I was talking shit on him before! Used to be I just counted on him folding in the big moments, not that he couldn’t play, now he can’t even get his team into those moments! Just maybe big time legit #1 wide outs are important despite the fact we haven’t seen them on many SB teams lately.

My new favorite team the cardinals proved week 1 was no fluke!! I know it was just Washington but they did exactly what good teams supposed to do when that team comes into your stadium! Kyler Murray is freaking amazing, kid has that Willie Beamon “invisible juice”!! He might not be Lamar when it comes to actual running plays being called for him (he to small for those imo) but when that kid scrambles not sure anyone better including Lamar! Nobody can touch him! If that ain’t enough he throws a beautiful ball!

Cam looked incredible: if edleman wasn’t a midget pats win that game!! I’ve never seen Cam mechanics and accuracy be so good! Edleman might still have caught that but he still getting used to the ball having that kind of zip from his qb!!

As if kc not loaded enough now it turns out they have the best kicking weapon west of Baltimore!
That was a hell of a performance by Butker. A 58 yarder mid-game, then at the end a 53 yarder called off by penalty, a 58 yarder called off by timeout, and then yet again a 58 yarder for the win. Who was I going against in fantasy? Oh yeah.....him.

Anthony lynn shouldn’t be a head coach. He a great defensive coordinator unfortunately his critical in game decisions reflect his defensive mind. How in gods name you punt on 4th and 1 in overtime after mahomes started cooking in the 4th I’ll never know? Was there any freaking doubt mahomes would get kc in fg range the minute the chargers punter came out? I know at least half the coaches in the league prob do the same but it still the wrong call! What makes it even worse is they were pounding the rock with success, you have to give your guys the chance to win that game!

don’t even get me started on him saying after the game Tyrod still gonna be their starting QB!! You gotta be kidding me! Did Herbert make a few terrible rookie mistakes? Sure he did, but he also made a bunch of throws Tyrod has never made and isn’t capable of making! There no reason not to let that kid take over, he clearly good enough and not knowing he was starting until minutes before kickoff makes it pretty damn clear he doing all the right things in preparation!! What good it do having him sit?

My new favorite team the cardinals proved week 1 was no fluke!! I know it was just Washington but they did exactly what good teams supposed to do when that team comes into your stadium! Kyler Murray is freaking amazing, kid has that Willie Beamon “invisible juice”!! He might not be Lamar when it comes to actual running plays being called for him (he to small for those imo) but when that kid scrambles not sure anyone better including Lamar! Nobody can touch him! If that ain’t enough he throws a beautiful ball!

yeah Murray is looking like he could have a Lamar Jackson type season

Anthony lynn shouldn’t be a head coach. He a great defensive coordinator unfortunately his critical in game decisions reflect his defensive mind. How in gods name you punt on 4th and 1 in overtime after mahomes started cooking in the 4th I’ll never know? Was there any freaking doubt mahomes would get kc in fg range the minute the chargers punter came out? I know at least half the coaches in the league prob do the same but it still the wrong call! What makes it even worse is they were pounding the rock with success, you have to give your guys the chance to win that game!

don’t even get me started on him saying after the game Tyrod still gonna be their starting QB!! You gotta be kidding me! Did Herbert make a few terrible rookie mistakes? Sure he did, but he also made a bunch of throws Tyrod has never made and isn’t capable of making! There no reason not to let that kid take over, he clearly good enough and not knowing he was starting until minutes before kickoff makes it pretty damn clear he doing all the right things in preparation!! What good it do having him sit?

now he is saying Tyrod is week to week...So, Justin will be the starter if I'm looking into a crystal ball here

That was a hell of a performance by Butker. A 58 yarder mid-game, then at the end a 53 yarder called off by penalty, a 58 yarder called off by timeout, and then yet again a 58 yarder for the win. Who was I going against in fantasy? Oh yeah.....him.

lmao. That blows. At least it was week 2 and not the playoffs. I remember having a great team one year and ran into a defense who scored like freakin 40 to beat me by few points!!

those 3 kicks in ot that only one counted were insane. I really wish they would change a rule that would get rid that bs where they give team a timeout right when ball snapped for a kick, it total bs imo.

This nothing new but man has anyone ever thrown a better deep ball than Russ? The way he drops that thing out the sky is indefensible! How many points he gonna hang on cowboys garbage secondary?!!?

now he is saying Tyrod is week to week...So, Justin will be the starter if I'm looking into a crystal ball here

I think it be crazy to put Tyrod back in, I mean the kid didn’t even have 1st team reps and played like that!!. I rather have that arm and ability to make plays and live with occasional mistake Tyrod won’t make.

Barkley confirmed out for year. CMac might miss a few weeks. Both teams figure to write off 2020.

baffled me Barkley was out there next play after getting hurt the 1st time. I dunno if it was already to late or not but sure thought it was a bad look.

Gronk looks like a shell of a shell of what he used to be. Seems to me they hurting themselves anytime they have him out there instead of Howard and isnt Brate still on that team? If he healthy it criminal that version of Gronk getting his snaps.

I think it be crazy to put Tyrod back in, I mean the kid didn’t even have 1st team reps and played like that!!. I rather have that arm and ability to make plays and live with occasional mistake Tyrod won’t make.

yeah , lets see how he shows next week. There is tape on the kid now , but I agree you just roll with Justin now

Last edited:
yeah , lets see how he shows next week. There is tape on the kid now , but I agree you just roll with Tyrod now

certainly could be a case of kc not knowing he was playing helped him. Normally I’d say the coaches see him in practice every day so they should know better than me but knowing what a conservative putz lynn can be I think he far more likely to roll with Tyrod just cause he won’t make any mistakes even if his ability to make any big time throws is zilch! He couldn’t move the ball on the freaking bungals for Christ sakes.

You not winning anything wit Tyrod in there so might as well see what this kid got. Just dont see what sitting him will accomplish? Best way to learn is to be out there doing it. It not as if they a terrible team and he will get killed, if anything I gotta believe running the ball be much easier with the threat of his arm and their weapons on the outside. With Tyrod teams are gonna stack the box.

certainly could be a case of kc not knowing he was playing helped him. Normally I’d say the coaches see him in practice every day so they should know better than me but knowing what a conservative putz lynn can be I think he far more likely to roll with Tyrod just cause he won’t make any mistakes even if his ability to make any big time throws is zilch! He couldn’t move the ball on the freaking bungals for Christ sakes.

You not winning anything wit Tyrod in there so might as well see what this kid got. Just dont see what sitting him will accomplish? Best way to learn is to be out there doing it. It not as if they a terrible team and he will get killed, if anything I gotta believe running the ball be much easier with the threat of his arm and their weapons on the outside. With Tyrod teams are gonna stack the box.

sorry, I meant just roll with Justin now

- Titans pass rush in non existent, LBs got exposed when trying to cover
- Malcom Butler is showing his age too
- OL, not sure what to make of them yet...great pass protection, but running game is stagnant, perhaps defenses are keying in on DH

Might be time to stop disrespecting Minshew, guy is putting up numbers and making this team competitive while not exactly throwing to the cream of the crop! If you ask me who I want minshew or cousins today I’m not sure my answer! Granted I hate cousins but I’ve never said he didn’t have talent.

which leads to the Vikings, Jfc how awful was that? Minshew carved this colts d up and while sure that probably motivated them cousins gives us that? 11 for 26 113 and 3 picks! Wow dude, you suck! If That what 30 mil a year gets you Dak has every right to ask for 40!! It not all on him, what a terrible job by the coaching staff and entire team. How the hell Cook only has like 6 total touches in the 1st half is beyond me? When Dallas was getting whipped they still managed to get zeke close to 30 touches and Vikings wernt nearly as behind as them for most the game!

- Titans pass rush in non existent, LBs got exposed when trying to cover
- Malcom Butler is showing his age too
- OL, not sure what to make of them yet...great pass protection, but running game is stagnant, perhaps defenses are keying in on DH

bright side is tannenhill really might be legit! There I said it! lol. Henry looks like a back who coming off a insane workload the previous season and got paid.

Starting to think seattle lame play callers finally letting Russ cook cause they realize the defense is awful so they can’t wait till the 4th to unleash him!

I do not think I have ever in my life seen such carnage in the first two weeks of the season. Not just starters but huge face of the league type players going down everywhere.

I think Cam going to the Patriots was the best thing he could have ever done for his career. He went from near washed up to looking better than he has ever looked. Last night was the best I have seen him look on the field in his career, including his MVP season. That said I dont think it matters because the New England defense is a shell of itself because of the opt outs.

Kirk Cousins played one of the worst games I have ever seen a QB play yesterday. I am not sure how Zimmer did not bench him. He absolutely deserved it.

Back