Week 2 ML Dogs

ProV1Colt

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
So great to be back up and finding some winners!
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and input

We still have 2 more games to go in Week 1 (LSU+151 Va Tech +243) but thought I would go ahead and stay on task and list all the ML Dog Winners in Week 1 and move on to Week 2.

ML Dog Recap
Week 1 Results :
(Using BOL odds when available)
Maryland +385
Villanova +450
Marshall +100
Liberty +180
Cincy +445
Nicholas St +290
Notre Dame +130
North Alabama +700
BYU +355
Hawaii +435
Maine +195
Rhode Island +700
Montana St +115
UC Davis +120
*Butler +10000 Biggest Dog of the Week
*only offered at 5Dimes & Heritage
LSU +151

On to Week 2...... Let's find us some winners!

Last edited:
appreciate you Colt, some winners week one and 4+ big ones were close (App St, Utah St, Howard, South Dakota)
let's get some week 2 winners.
Hesitant to post sometimes as some plays really long shots but I'm looking at :
BGSU, Nevada, Charlotte, aTm, UL Monroe, Duke
Less likely Kentucky, North Dakota (let down, sandwich), Ball State ( may play 10% instead of 25%), Tulsa (USC next or Texas, coaching trouble and more in Austin)

I agree that as the game looms closer I am getting the bad feeling about the Gamecocks. Last year was a +20 line but the birds were catching the dogs on one of the most absolute let down sandwich spots ever and obviously UGA wanted nothing to do with that game but winning injury free. This year on the second game of the season is a different story.

Let me try and make you guys feel a bit better as I finally have some stats to work with. USCjr is shaping up to be a nice dog play IMHO. Home dogs in game #2 of the season, who won their 1st game by >25pts, vs. an opponent that won their 1st game by >35pts, and who had a better QB efficiency in their 1st game than their opponent, have gone 2-1 SU in SDQL database history and 3-0 ATS. Furthermore, if you look at the line scores in the pic below, the home dog was up at the half in all three games. I'm taking (FWIW) USCjr 1st half ML, ATS, and FG ML & ATS and hopefully will be up $$$ when the dust settles.

uscjr.jpg

Keep and eye out for the Kansas Jayhawks whom are a >+200 ML dog this week and may possibly win outright. That's an ugly statement I know but please hear me out. First of all, away dogs who lost their 1st game by less than a TD, at a fav who lost by more than 2 TDs, and who's QB rates more efficient than the fav's QB, are 2-2 SU and 4-0 ATS in SDQL database history. Furthermore, I watched my Cats trip over their own feet all 1st half last weekend and give up 4 TO's to CMU. CMU got a scoop and score on a Ky fumble and also we had our QB Terry "Touchdown" Wilson (who's nickname has since changed to "Turnover" Wilson) throw a ball that should have been a pick six but ended up Ky's defense stiffening and only allowing a FG out of it. So 10 out of CMU's 20pts were off Ky TO's. I've already done my queries for the UK/FL game this weekend and my Cats are going to get pummeled. We're an average at best team again this season and CMU could hardly do much offensively against us. They are not real good. I know, Kansas is not real good either but somebody is going to win this game. Lastly, early consensus reports have CMU out to 80%. As ugly as it may sound Gents, consider keeping Kansas on your card for Saturday.

Kansas.jpg

I think Pitt is going to get crushed VC. I've done queries on about 25 games so far and it looks to me like this is a fav weekend coming up. Of course, that could just be me and my research. Anyway, I took interest in that rivalry but the numbers came out way in favor of the Nittany Lions.

The only other possible gem I found so far was Kansas State. Looks like the numbers are indicating Mississippi State may be in trouble in Manhattan on Saturday.

msu2.jpg

Got Hawaii +361 in Week 1 and am looking at these right now, but haven't locked anything in, as I expect most of the dogs in this range to increase in value by Saturday, so going to be patient and diligent as I sift through the card to find those gems..

BGSU +500 vs Maryland
NIU +355 vs Utah
CSU +405 vs Arkansas

Any thoughts on Air Force? Obviously a huge mismatch in SOS with FLATL but still, no away dog in SDQL dbase history has ever lost a game 2 after giving up less than 200yds total defense in their 1st game. AF gave up only 75yds total def. The trend sits at 5-0 SU and 5-0 ATS. AF is not showing up as active yet on this query but I anticipate the dbase to be updated soon and they'll appear in a day or two.

af.jpg

Have narrowed my possibilities down to
BGSU, Charlotte, Duke, UL Monroe, Nevada, and Howard

Any thoughts on Air Force? Obviously a huge mismatch in SOS with FLATL but still, no away dog in SDQL dbase history has ever lost a game 2 after giving up less than 200yds total defense in their 1st game. AF gave up only 75yds total def. The trend sits at 5-0 SU and 5-0 ATS. AF is not showing up as active yet on this query but I anticipate the dbase to be updated soon and they'll appear in a day or two.

View attachment 34415
You actually searched for game 2's in which the opponent gained less than 200. For the results for away dogs in game 2 after allowing < 200, you need to do the following:

game number = 2 and AD and (po:rushing yards + po: passing yards) < 200

ATS: 31-26-0 (2.32, 54.4%)

ASU tt over is interesting, MSU has a lot of youth and inexperience behind the injured Scott so I think ASU pass attack can do some damage. I wonder what kind of strides MSU‘s o-line will make in a week as they made USU‘s d-line look super strong

You actually searched for game 2's in which the opponent gained less than 200. For the results for away dogs in game 2 after allowing < 200, you need to do the following:

game number = 2 and AD and (po:rushing yards + po: passing yards) < 200

ATS: 31-26-0 (2.32, 54.4%)
Rut-Roh! Thanks for keeping me straight MW. I better tighten up the ship!

ULM +189 is one I will be on.

Thinking of Arizona +172, Buffalo +172, South Carolina +306, Colorado +180, UK +462, UVA +222, Pitt +282, Arz St +218

Will narrow and post thoughts I'm sure as the week goes on

I agree that as the game looms closer I am getting the bad feeling about the Gamecocks. Last year was a +20 line but the birds were catching the dogs on one of the most absolute let down sandwich spots ever and obviously UGA wanted nothing to do with that game but winning injury free. This year on the second game of the season is a different story.

Alot of people have been calling for South Carolina to beat Georgia in this game over the summer. Georgia has likely heard. Their fans have heard. Not that this matters for the game necessarily but it does effect my willingness and confidence in a play.

ULM +189 is one I will be on.

Thinking of Arizona +172, Buffalo +172, South Carolina +306, Colorado +180, UK +462, UVA +222, Pitt +282, Arz St +218

Will narrow and post thoughts I'm sure as the week goes on

Very interesting picks. Look forward to thoughts.

Alot of people have been calling for South Carolina to beat Georgia in this game over the summer. Georgia has likely heard. Their fans have heard. Not that this matters for the game necessarily but it does effect my willingness and confidence in a play.

Don‘t people talk shit every week tho or is this different?

It's a rivalry game, so yeah they do. Just the fact that Georgia was an OT win away from a National Championship and now not just fans, but media personalities nationally are picking them to lose this game. I think it gets their attention. And then if we are talking about plays and dollar amounts or risking straight up or outright upsets we all have to make decisions on what we do with games...so the fact that Georgia is being doubted (disrespected) in such fashion gives me some pause.

This is very different. Not even the same ballpark. Uga/SC used to be a famed rivalry almost beyond the level of Clemson/SC. This is also a game that historically was scheduled early in the season and over the last handful of coaches that kind of faded and now Muschamp wants to bring that back. But, the talk goes both ways. Just as many people that have been calling for us to beat uga have been calling for uga to stomp us and win the east and go to the playoff again so in the grand scheme of things it is trivial. It’s more to the point that the rivalry is being rekindled to its former heat. I mean 10 years ago there would be major fights and incidents breaking out at uga/SC games like you see on rivalry weekend. So if the rivalry is being sparked that will definitely mean uga isn’t going to mope into this game like previous years and eek out a win and let SC cover or hang around. Uga is going to want to put their foot to the throat and have the team to do it.

Keep and eye out for the Kansas Jayhawks whom are a >+200 ML dog this week and may possibly win outright. That's an ugly statement I know but please hear me out. First of all, away dogs who lost their 1st game by less than a TD, at a fav who lost by more than 2 TDs, and who's QB rates more efficient than the fav's QB, are 2-2 SU and 4-0 ATS in SDQL database history. Furthermore, I watched my Cats trip over their own feet all 1st half last weekend and give up 4 TO's to CMU. CMU got a scoop and score on a Ky fumble and also we had our QB Terry "Touchdown" Wilson (who's nickname has since changed to "Turnover" Wilson) throw a ball that should have been a pick six but ended up Ky's defense stiffening and only allowing a FG out of it. So 10 out of CMU's 20pts were off Ky TO's. I've already done my queries for the UK/FL game this weekend and my Cats are going to get pummeled. We're an average at best team again this season and CMU could hardly do much offensively against us. They are not real good. I know, Kansas is not real good either but somebody is going to win this game. Lastly, early consensus reports have CMU out to 80%. As ugly as it may sound Gents, consider keeping Kansas on your card for Saturday.

View attachment 34411
Be careful with that one. CMU dominated Kansas last year. Kansas is the worst power 5 team ever. They’d be lucky to win 2 games in the MAC.

Liberty intrigues me.

I hear you on that. I just do not know enough about their history vs option teams and don't know how their D personnel may matchup. But from a Liberty O vs Army D perpsective, any spread passing team that knows what they are doing with good players to execute can give service academy Ds trouble.

Very interesting picks. Look forward to thoughts.

Since all my final decisions and picks are made on gameday, I use the week to weigh all the options. At this point I will just give some streaming consciousness:

ULM - I was on this ML vs SMiss last year I believe. I think this ULM team has been coming and this should be a good year for them. On the otherhand I feel that SMiss is slowly regressing. The ULM game vs SELa doesn't instill confidence, however despite winning by just 3 (21 pt fav) and having to blk a FG at the end, they did have a 120 total yard edge that was actually 180 yards before SELa's improbable final drive. ULM did kick two FGs from the 5 and the 11. Anyway, I like the fact that ULM was in a close game rather than an easy win so the focus on improvement this week will be much better. SMiss has alot of new faces on the DL and secondary and I believe that ULM has experienced, talented players on O to exploit that. Offensively SMiss is replacing alot as well. They are starting a bounced-around, lightly regarded transfer QB Jack Abraham, who makes a really nice story, but I'm not sure I want to trust him leading a lesser team to beat a veteran and hungry ULM team.

Pitt - When I looked at Pitt's schedule this summer I didn't see a game they couldn't win. This requires the belief that Narduzzi didn't forget how to coach football. We know he has a system on D and if the personnel is lacking, the results will be poor. I think this Pitt team has a good front 7, the secondary is going to be key, I think some of the youth that was rolled out there 2 years ago is getting ready to execute like Narduzzi wants. By all accounts, rFr Paris Ford is the real deal at CB, we'll find out soon enough on that. Offensively, QB DiNucci transfered, thankfully. He was awful. Picket got a couple starts under his belt last year and a full offseason as the #1 QB. I expect Pitt's O to be much improved. OL depth is a concern, but the front line guys should be ok, while they don't have a ton of starts together, they have played alot of games in a rotational capacity. I still really like Penn State, it is funny because two years ago I kind of resented them because I didn't think they were as good as their record, last year they were obviously really good but all the hype around them turned me off and this year people are doubting them and I actually believe in them more than before. The last 2 years this game has been close...not on the scoreboard last year, but it was played pretty competitive. Pitt's O was on shaky ground last year, but the Pitt D played well. Penn St had their 3rd lowest yardage output and 4th lowest scoring output vs Pitt. I think Pitt can be just as competitive this year, but get better results in the scoring column.

Arizona - generally this play is one part doubting Houston and one part believing that Arizona will adapt their gameplan after seeing what didn't work vs BYU. I have always loved Major Applewhite as a player, but as a head coach I am not impressed. The Kendall Briles hire as OC was a nice move, watching vs Rice I was like...meh. Now UH did get it going better in the second half, but that was Rice they were playing. Credit to the Owls to compete, but Houston really should do whatever they want against Rice. Still, one has to assume they will play better this week. Tate only ran the ball 8x-14y last week and I'm not sure how many of those were designed runs. I look for him to have a larger role this week and while UH has had some good D performances over the years (like vs LV in '16) most of our memories of good UH Ds are from the former staff, not the Applewhite staff. I actually like the personnel on Zona D, they are young, and they look to get two key players back in the secondary this week. Hard for me to believe Sumlin will start 0-2.

Buffalo - I think this is a pretty good Buffalo team, they remind me alot of the 2013 Buffalo team. Khalil Hodge may not be Khalil Mack, but he is pretty good. Like that '13 UB team, this one has play makers and quality players at every level O and D. I must say that I would rather Temple be coming in here off a win rather than a loss, this week will have some desperation to it for Temple which probably helps them. Had they beat Nova, this game would've been a sandwich with Maryland on deck, now that angle is out the window. Temple had been known for it's D under Rhule, took a step back last year and this year...if the Nova game is any indication, not sure how much they improve this year. And that Temple O which had some nice games last year, really was bad last week. Have to assume we get some better play out of them, but Buffalo is a quality team that has been improving in their own right and this is going to be a tougher challenge than Temple might expect.

I suppose those are my 4 favorites, have to run for now...

Last edited:
Liberty - Match up of styles, which usually leads to an over result, particularly with a team at this level. Years ago Garfather pointed out to me that the academies are generally bad at defending spread and MAC teams are not physical or disciplined or talented enough to stop the option generally. Have backed a lot of overs in these types of matchups since then to success. Army QB can also throw this year. So I prefer the over here and have no opinion on the side but any time you think the offense can do damage on an academy, plus over a TD and ML seem at least doable.

Duke - FG game
USF - FG game

Kansas State - I already have Miss State money but this lines up similar to Texas at Maryland in the sense of a quality team at home, against a hyped team that isn't used to laying these types of numbers on the road to quality opponents. Mentioned Maryland last week, with Texas money on the ATS .. haha I am terrible.

AFA - Have to be able to tackle to stop the option. Another case of a lot of pts hitting the board most likely, though total is too high where it is now. FAU was arbuably the most disappointing team of week 1. Have to lick wounds and prepare for option and I have more faith in that team finding new offensive answers than new defensive ones. That said, FAU matches up really well against the AFA defense so AFA is going to have to play ball control .. .but they are capable of that. VERY TOUGH game to handicap

Kansas - Bring back a ton of the guys who got whipped by CMU last year. But CMU doesn't. so you have a bunch of experience vs not much. Last weeks game saw Cmich lose by 15 and they covered by 2 points but they had all of 11 first downs and 255 yards of offense. They had one drive over 45 yards in that game and it was an 80 yard drive that was extended after an incomplete pass on 3rd and 11 where UK got a personal foul. Had a fumble return for TD. They fall into the REALLY bad favorite category. Kansas never wins on the road but should be hungry here.

Colorado - looked impressive, particularly with the pass in week one though we now know for almost certain that CSU is dog poopoo. But they executed well and looked good to the eye and have a game under their belt which Nebraska does not ... and Nebraska could have used that easy game last week to work some kinks out with the new systems. Tahoelegend talks about first year coaches and game 1's .. it could apply here. For me, it was "in Frost, I trust" and I laid the pts but wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska do a Nebraska.

South Carolina - Played UGA tough, looked sharper offensively last week than I have seen them look in a while. Doesn't feel right to me but since Scary looks like a pretty good team and they are at home, I think you have to consider it.

Buffalo - the Better team getting points over the 4 is tough to not want to bet.

Iowa State - Their super bowl every year basically. rivalry game. Iowa inability to score could leave door open ,, leave hope open. This one doesn't feel right either as it is basically saying these teams are even and I have a problem with that.

Coastal Carolina - They have some interesting schemes and get a class drop from last week. Last time I checked, Coastal Carolina outgained these guys last year at UAB .. now home opener for new FBS school and they get 10. This one seems like a really good one to me.

Tulsa - Have to be improved and Texas team is loaded with vaginas. When you look like dog shit for years, at what point do we believe you are dog shit? Legacy recruits crush that school, not to mention every time they look at a 3 - star player they get upgraded to a 4 - star player and it skews things to make their recruiting class appear better than it is. They looked like the lesser athletes against Maryland. Brutal. I generally feel that Tulsa can't win this game, and if horns have any pride at all and a fraction of the talent they supposedly have, they stomp them but I got a chance to rant and took it.

ASU - One team looked good week 1, 1 team dodged a bullet. One team is at home, one team has very long travel. One team is used to playing in dry heat and one isn't.

San Jose State - Every once in awhile you have to post a flyer. I think SJSU can score in this game and every once in awhile a Wash St QB throws in a terrible game. Seems unlikely for this to be the spot with Eastern Washington on deck but 11PM chase games are notoriously bad for favorites.

A few thoughts on Kentucky...Florida has won 31 straight, but this series has gotten pretty competitive. 3 of the last 4 have been decided by a total of 12 pts. 2014 3OT 36-30, 2015 14-9, 2016 45-7, 2017 28-27.

UK got absolutely demolished in 2016. FL did start 7-1 that year and in the loss at Tenn, that was the year they led 21-0 and Vols came back. So just for perspective UF was off to a pretty good start in '16. That was also the year that UK lost to Southern Miss. I guess in a way ,it seems like UK under Stoops kinda has the same team every year though.

It is hard to make a real strong case for them with some questions and unknowns on offense.

New QB this year, in JUCO Terry Wilson. Probably more upside than Stephen Johnson, but 3 TOs in week 1 is tough to swallow. Still Benny Snell's team. He may have a new running mate this year with Asim Rose who topped 100y last week also. And last year's first guy off the bench King is still there too making this a pretty strong RB group.

The OL appeared like it was going to be stronger than it was at this point in 2017, but they lost LT Young in fall camp. The other 4 spots being pretty settled, they are rotating rFr Watkins who they were pretty high on last year but were able to RS and former highly regarded Price who had some hype but hasn't played much anywhere (transfered from USC sat out last year). So they have some talent at that position, but they are lacking experience, it should be the only real questionable spot on the OL, albeit a pretty important one.

There is some uncertainty at WR. Lynn Bowden is a great athlete and they tried using him different ways last year as a Tr Fr. He will certainly play a bigger role this year and will be in a better position to contribute. Dorian Baker is a name from the past, missed all of last year and was injured in 2016 as well. He's back, but how effective? Richardson was LY's #2 but he didn't catch a ball vs CMich. At this point it has to be considered a work in progress and perhaps an average-ish group until they produce and prove themselves.

Defense, there are things to like here. Seniors Josh Allen, LB Jordan Jones, and S Mike Edwards all came back for their final seasons rather than going to the NFL. There are lots of Seniors among the group that have been starting since they were Frosh. It's Kentucky, so against top flight teams, they aren't going to control games, but vs mid-tier SEC types (which I would think Florida still is at this point), they should hold up well.

Not real sure about the special teams unit and that is somewhere that can really matter in a suspected close game.

Florida? Lot's of hype justified? Can Feleipe Franks really lead them to significant improvement? What can Mullen get out of him? This Florida O hasn't been good for years. Some might say, "you don't have to be good to beat Kentucky", well maybe, sure. But atleast UK has stability and continuity among their staff and players. Naturally there is talent on the O, they just haven't put it together. How much magic does Mullen have and how fast can he work it? Until Mullen got Dak Prescott going, Miss St wasn't that great in his first several years. Sure he has better starting talent to work with here, but still, getting results out of guys who haven't produced winning results can be tough I think. The OL does return a ton of starts, but they also return a bunch of underachieving, how quick can that change?

UF had led with defense, that was until last year when most of the Muschamp recruits were gone and the D was no longer a strong point for the Gators. They still have some nice players, but are their starting D players really any better than Kentucky's? The D numbers dropped dramatically last year, the question, like everything else with Florida, is how fast can they rebound with the new staff and all?

Florida loses Pineiro who was almost always money, so both UK and UF are breaking in new kickers and punters.

Last week UK should've had a comfortable win, but instead -4 TO deficit. UK fumbled in their own territory leading to a CM FG (41y drive), threw a pick-six and thew another INT leading to a second FG (6y drive). CMich only had 3.86 yards per play in the game, which was 8th worst last week. UF isn't CM obviously, and CM is different this year without Morris, they have a running QB game now. But if we are looking at that game as a 15pt win, vs what it could've been without the turnovers maybe UK would be looking better. But the turnovers happened, and they could happen again this week. So there is that.

This isn't a game that I have a great feel on, wish I had a little more confidence on UK's O outside of their running game. Running game alone isn't going to be good enough this week. Florida owns them period and we are talking straight up ML win here. 2016 reminds us that when Florida has it going the right direction they are significantly better than Kentucky. But 2014, 15 and 17 tell us that Kentucky is plenty capable of hanging toe-to-toe with the Gators. What will 2018 tell us? Can they break through this year and end the streak?

To take UK you have to think they stop Florida and hope Snell breaks something or Florida turns it over. Hard to see any team consistently running on them or that QB I watched last week beating them with his arm. With that said, the UK defense looked really good in week 1

Forgot to mention the fact that Mullen mopped the floor with UK last year while at MSU, but that was a pretty polished MSU team vs Florida. Imagine if the streak snaps in Mullen's SEC opener at Florida. That would be weird.

Currently considering the following home dogs on the ML, but haven't played any of them yet:

Navy +218
BGSU +562
Coastal +289
Pitt +267
CSU +447

And also considering Rice at +755 as strange things tend to happen in that midnight game from time to time...

Will probably end up playing 3 of the 6 listed above just like I did last week, just haven't decided which three yet.

A few thoughts on Kentucky...Florida has won 31 straight, but this series has gotten pretty competitive. 3 of the last 4 have been decided by a total of 12 pts. 2014 3OT 36-30, 2015 14-9, 2016 45-7, 2017 28-27.

UK got absolutely demolished in 2016. FL did start 7-1 that year and in the loss at Tenn, that was the year they led 21-0 and Vols came back. So just for perspective UF was off to a pretty good start in '16. That was also the year that UK lost to Southern Miss. I guess in a way ,it seems like UK under Stoops kinda has the same team every year though.

It is hard to make a real strong case for them with some questions and unknowns on offense.

New QB this year, in JUCO Terry Wilson. Probably more upside than Stephen Johnson, but 3 TOs in week 1 is tough to swallow. Still Benny Snell's team. He may have a new running mate this year with Asim Rose who topped 100y last week also. And last year's first guy off the bench King is still there too making this a pretty strong RB group.

The OL appeared like it was going to be stronger than it was at this point in 2017, but they lost LT Young in fall camp. The other 4 spots being pretty settled, they are rotating rFr Watkins who they were pretty high on last year but were able to RS and former highly regarded Price who had some hype but hasn't played much anywhere (transfered from USC sat out last year). So they have some talent at that position, but they are lacking experience, it should be the only real questionable spot on the OL, albeit a pretty important one.

There is some uncertainty at WR. Lynn Bowden is a great athlete and they tried using him different ways last year as a Tr Fr. He will certainly play a bigger role this year and will be in a better position to contribute. Dorian Baker is a name from the past, missed all of last year and was injured in 2016 as well. He's back, but how effective? Richardson was LY's #2 but he didn't catch a ball vs CMich. At this point it has to be considered a work in progress and perhaps an average-ish group until they produce and prove themselves.

Defense, there are things to like here. Seniors Josh Allen, LB Jordan Jones, and S Mike Edwards all came back for their final seasons rather than going to the NFL. There are lots of Seniors among the group that have been starting since they were Frosh. It's Kentucky, so against top flight teams, they aren't going to control games, but vs mid-tier SEC types (which I would think Florida still is at this point), they should hold up well.

Not real sure about the special teams unit and that is somewhere that can really matter in a suspected close game.

Florida? Lot's of hype justified? Can Feleipe Franks really lead them to significant improvement? What can Mullen get out of him? This Florida O hasn't been good for years. Some might say, "you don't have to be good to beat Kentucky", well maybe, sure. But atleast UK has stability and continuity among their staff and players. Naturally there is talent on the O, they just haven't put it together. How much magic does Mullen have and how fast can he work it? Until Mullen got Dak Prescott going, Miss St wasn't that great in his first several years. Sure he has better starting talent to work with here, but still, getting results out of guys who haven't produced winning results can be tough I think. The OL does return a ton of starts, but they also return a bunch of underachieving, how quick can that change?

UF had led with defense, that was until last year when most of the Muschamp recruits were gone and the D was no longer a strong point for the Gators. They still have some nice players, but are their starting D players really any better than Kentucky's? The D numbers dropped dramatically last year, the question, like everything else with Florida, is how fast can they rebound with the new staff and all?

Florida loses Pineiro who was almost always money, so both UK and UF are breaking in new kickers and punters.

Last week UK should've had a comfortable win, but instead -4 TO deficit. UK fumbled in their own territory leading to a CM FG (41y drive), threw a pick-six and thew another INT leading to a second FG (6y drive). CMich only had 3.86 yards per play in the game, which was 8th worst last week. UF isn't CM obviously, and CM is different this year without Morris, they have a running QB game now. But if we are looking at that game as a 15pt win, vs what it could've been without the turnovers maybe UK would be looking better. But the turnovers happened, and they could happen again this week. So there is that.

This isn't a game that I have a great feel on, wish I had a little more confidence on UK's O outside of their running game. Running game alone isn't going to be good enough this week. Florida owns them period and we are talking straight up ML win here. 2016 reminds us that when Florida has it going the right direction they are significantly better than Kentucky. But 2014, 15 and 17 tell us that Kentucky is plenty capable of hanging toe-to-toe with the Gators. What will 2018 tell us? Can they break through this year and end the streak?
Florida might be without some key players according to this article....may help you make your decision:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/florida-could-be-without-several-key-players-on-saturday/

Thanks JRock. Reese and Jefferson would be significant. Both were listed on the 9/3 depth chart however, which, depth chart's aren't written in stone. Reese is listed as a starter, Jefferson is listed as a backup. WR Toney was also on the depth chart. FWIW.

I found this article, link below. The main reason I am posting it is because Florida must have a post game grading system for their position units...they graded the OL as champions, but this whole story is about how they weren't that good. Being graded as a champion and then the OL coach saying they were "just alright" is the equivalent to every team getting a trophy at the baseball tournament. Like you really didn't do your job like champions, but we are going to say you did anyway...huh?

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/09/in-need-of-better-line-push-to-unleash-floridas-running-game/

Great thoughts on UK. They have a very talented roster. Losing Young and Paschal hurts a lot, though. It’ll all come down to Wilson. The ground game and defense are solid. Running game is one of the best in the nation. Also, don’t forget about CJ Conrad. He’s an NFL tight end. They need to get him involved. It’s hard to pick UK to win but I’ll be on them +14 for sure.

Great thoughts on UK. They have a very talented roster. Losing Young and Paschal hurts a lot, though. It’ll all come down to Wilson. The ground game and defense are solid. Running game is one of the best in the nation. Also, don’t forget about CJ Conrad. He’s an NFL tight end. They need to get him involved. It’s hard to pick UK to win but I’ll be on them +14 for sure.
C.J. Conrad is a source of great frustration. We Ky fans hearing how good he is and then he disappears in games because Eddie Gran won’t or can’t get him the ball. He caught 3 balls last week in the stats but I only remember one. And with Wilson turnover prone as he is, I can’t imagine defensive-minded Stoops will allow the ball to be passed much Saturday. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but it’s probably because I’m pessimistic.

It's a rivalry game, so yeah they do. Just the fact that Georgia was an OT win away from a National Championship and now not just fans, but media personalities nationally are picking them to lose this game. I think it gets their attention. And then if we are talking about plays and dollar amounts or risking straight up or outright upsets we all have to make decisions on what we do with games...so the fact that Georgia is being doubted (disrespected) in such fashion gives me some pause.

This and feels like everyone is liking aTm against Clemson. Not my typical forte, but liking both road faves in the big games.

I will as well. I have some clients in town who are Kentucky fans and they are dragging me to the Kentucky bar, so I will be all about the Cats come Saturday night.

I will as well. I have some clients in town who are Kentucky fans and they are dragging me to the Kentucky bar, so I will be all about the Cats come Saturday night.
Good luck man! I’m a lifelong UK fan so I’d love to see the streak end! I bet that bar will be fun this basketball season by the way. If I’m ever in town I’d love to check it out! You live in Chicago, right?

Good luck man! I’m a lifelong UK fan so I’d love to see the streak end! I bet that bar will be fun this basketball season by the way. If I’m ever in town I’d love to check it out! You live in Chicago, right?

Yes sir! Let me know if you ever are in town and we will catch up and check it out.

This and feels like everyone is liking aTm against Clemson. Not my typical forte, but liking both road faves in the big games.

I know what you are saying. I do not like to be on big "public dogs" so-to-speak. I would rather try and find the upsets nobody is talking about just because if so many people are talking about it, but the lines aren't moving much...I don't like that, tells me I will be wrong on those kinds of picks more often than I am right. Trying to predict upsets over a TD is pretty hard on any kind of consistent basis anyway.

With that said, I am still thinking of South Carolina. I want to rewatch last year's game if I have a chance. I will not be on any kind of aTm upset talk. It would be cool to see it happen, just because I love upsets unless I bet the fav, but I'm not seeing that upset at all. Just do not think aTm is ready to do what it takes in that one. To me, the aTm talk I hear is mostly wishful thinking, they want aTm to be relevant and see them as a sleeping giant just need the right guy and right timing to get it going. Hard to think the time has arrived on them already. SC, on the other hand, they could do it. They should be ready for this moment. I mean, they aren't getting any more ready that right now. And with Georgia, they probably aren't getting any more vulnerable any time soon. This is SC's window and that window isn't open very wide and won't stay open long, but maybe just long enough for them to sneak through it.

I know what you are saying. I do not like to be on big "public dogs" so-to-speak. I would rather try and find the upsets nobody is talking about just because if so many people are talking about it, but the lines aren't moving much...I don't like that, tells me I will be wrong on those kinds of picks more often than I am right. Trying to predict upsets over a TD is pretty hard on any kind of consistent basis anyway.

With that said, I am still thinking of South Carolina. I want to rewatch last year's game if I have a chance. I will not be on any kind of aTm upset talk. It would be cool to see it happen, just because I love upsets unless I bet the fav, but I'm not seeing that upset at all. Just do not think aTm is ready to do what it takes in that one. To me, the aTm talk I hear is mostly wishful thinking, they want aTm to be relevant and see them as a sleeping giant just need the right guy and right timing to get it going. Hard to think the time has arrived on them already. SC, on the other hand, they could do it. They should be ready for this moment. I mean, they aren't getting any more ready that right now. And with Georgia, they probably aren't getting any more vulnerable any time soon. This is SC's window and that window isn't open very wide and won't stay open long, but maybe just long enough for them to sneak through it.
I’m with you on this one s—k....For what that’s worth LOL!

If South Carolina beats Jawja and Kentucky beats Flawda that will give plenty of talking material about the state of the SEC East.....

Any thought on these home dogs?

S. Florida - Gtech comes into town. Triple O vs Spread O, Gtech star C will be out for this game and his an anchor is the run block schemes.
Pitt - rain is forecasted for this game and it's a rivalry. Penn St. had to squeeze out a W after OT with Appy. St.

Tcu on lookahead alert. Someone talk to me about smu please?

I know smu got killed by n texas but n texas qb killed them hes a junior tcu doesn‘t have that power right?

Sonny Dykes is SMU HC...used to be with TCU last season. But SMU is awful and the talent level between the 2 is significant.

Back