Week 2 ML Dogs

Someone talk to me about Bowling Green. I know about their pass attack, more concerned about whether their D can stand the test? Maryland in a let-down spot after inspired win against Texas

Wyoming seems very interesting. Lock against a strong and experienced D. But if Wyoming can‘t do anything without Evans then it‘ll be a blowout like the game vs Wazzou turned out to be

Charlotte. App St in let down spot

I don't think this will be a let down spot for App since it is in essence a rivalry game that both teams have had circled on the calendar since it was booked. Actually think we are getting some value as a result of the let down spot theory as I see App taking care of business in this one and making a statement in a big way.

I don't think this will be a let down spot for App since it is in essence a rivalry game that both teams have had circled on the calendar since it was booked. Actually think we are getting some value as a result of the let down spot theory as I see App taking care of business in this one and making a statement in a big way.

Yea I was checking out Charlotte‘s defense yikes Thomas should kill

Tcu on lookahead alert. Someone talk to me about smu please?

I know smu got killed by n texas but n texas qb killed them hes a junior tcu doesn‘t have that power right?

I was really big on SMU in this game last year, + pts, ML the whole bit. I think SMU came out and played as good as they could, like they couldn't possibly have started better. A few mistakes, I think TCU scored right before HT off a SMU turnover maybe. At the end of the day SMU gave it their best shot, that was a better version of SMU than what they have now....and they still lost by 20...and I think they had to backdoor with a late score to get to 20. I can't see myself playing either team, if there was a way to make a case for SMU I would try, but I can't see it. TCU may not have a QB that tosses it around like Fine does, but North Texas doesn't have a running game like TCU is going to bring.

Someone talk to me about Bowling Green. I know about their pass attack, more concerned about whether their D can stand the test? Maryland in a let-down spot after inspired win against Texas

Hard to really see Bowling Green slowing or stopping Maryland. I do not know what there would be to like about this BGSU D. Maryland would have to really be flat and out of focus. If there is an angle here, it would be BG's O which isn't bad. We are talking about upset MLs here right? I don't think BG is good enough.

Wyoming seems very interesting. Lock against a strong and experienced D. But if Wyoming can‘t do anything without Evans then it‘ll be a blowout like the game vs Wazzou turned out to be

If Wyoming had exhibited some semblance of an offense last week I might be trying to find something here, but I do not know how they can score enough pts. The Missouri O will be interesting to keep an eye on with Derek Dooley calling the O...which I think he has exactly one game of ever doing it which was last week. I could possibly see a few ways that Wyoming D keeps them in the game, but it comes back to the WYO O and their deficiencies.

Virginia. Indiana base 4-2-5 weaker against run UVA now run-first

Now we are talking! I like Virginia. Part of it is not liking Indiana. I believe that IU is at the beginning of a regression that will make them less competitive. They were in a ton of close games last year, primarily because of their D. And HC Allen is a D coach so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is assuming that can continue without the key veteran players they lost off that D. This is Indiana and I do not think the cupboard is stocked with quality D players ready to plug in. FIU ran the ball pretty well on them last week so that wouldn't bode well for IU D I wouldn't think.

Ramsey is ok for IU, but they have this Fr QB they are trying to get playing time too as well. That can be good and bad, good if he has some unique skills that makes the team better, but if Ramsey was good enough to start last year and keep them in a bunch of games I would worry that taking him in and out of the game could hurt his game. IU is down to their 3rd string RB as well and they do not have the depth of skill players they did under Wilson.

Virginia is in transition. The D loses some key players of their own, but I might like what they have coming back a little more. UVA O is all new this year as well and I personally do not know how that is going to shake out for them. They had some really bad O games last year where they just couldn't do anything. So a running QB could be a big improvement for them.

IU won by 17 last year as a small road dog. UVA slightly outgained them (314-308). Field position and special teams were pretty big in that one, I didn't remember thinking IU was 17 pts better than them last year really.

Seems like a game where there are more unknowns about UVA, but I think that IU has reached it's high water mark - I could be completely wrong on that, just an observation from afar.

narrowed my plays down to the following, 75% points, 25% ML

ULMonroe, Buffalo, Duke, Nicholls St, Nevada

Small 10% ML on Charlotte and Tx Southern

Like favorites - TCU 1st half, Baylor, Arkansas, UNT

Good luck to all

Let's see if I can steal one tonight 1st half with SMU....if not, I'll replace them with another tomorra....Leggo Boyzzzz!!!

3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:

parlay1.jpg

Tahoe Legend advises to not bet on bad teams. I looked at my losing plays of last year, and sure enough, a high % were plays on bad teams. Charlotte is a bad team

I watched the South Car - Georgia game waiting out this lightning delay in Texas. At HT Georgia led 14-7 and had 100 more yards, but the ypp was similar UGA 6.25 to SC 5.76. Both teams were good on 3rd down. UGA fumbled on what would've been 1st-and-goal losing a scoring opportunity there, however, SC CB was called for holding on an uncatchable ball on 3rd and long that kept a UGA drive alive where they got a TD. So maybe that is a wash. SC did have some D starters injured leave...In the first half S Smith left with a hip pointer 1st qrt and did return in 2nd half. DL Stallworth (team high 10 qbh 2017) left 2nd qrt and did not return. S Montac was banged up too but kept playing.

Really, the missed tackles by SC were a big thing. And watching some of those players, some that are gone now for SC and wondering who is back, looking at the depth, I am concerned about the SC D in this game too. Sure UGA doesn't have Chubb, Michel or Mims the #1 receiver, but they do return alot of nice pieces still and will be plenty capable of executing. SC D gave up too many big runs, Chubb and Michel gone, but Swift could still rip those runs. All the UGA receivers are back except for Mims and they add Demitris Robinson. Stopping this O is going to be a challenge that SC is going to have to really rise for.

I think if Bentley and the SC O can just be a little better they will be ok. I think it is reasonable to expect the SC O to perform better in this game. They won't have Hurst this year, but get Deebo and Dowdell for this year. Plus the UGA D is replacing alot of their playmakers, with soon-to-be new playmakers, they just haven't proved it yet. So the time must be now for SC to try and beat their rival because UGA is only going to keep getting better with every year. The SC D is going to have to be significantly better. Georgia only scored 24, but they went up and down the field most of the game and I do fear they can do that again. And I am a little nervous how the new faster paced Gamecock offense goes. I could see it backfiring. The thinking is to dictate tempo to the D, but if the D gets some stops...then SC's D is back on the field quickly. I would almost rather they try to sustain long drives, execute and shorten the game allowing their D to stay rested in between possessions.

The X factor is what the faster tempo does for SC, if it really helps them or not. And we'll have to see if SC's D can step it up from last year. Both are possible. And neither is also possible.

Duke has solid linebackers, should bottle up Larkin and cause NW to become overdependent on Thorson, who tends to struggle against good defenses. Conversely, NW lost a lot in its secondary and Daniel Jones should have himself a day against a weak secondary.

Kentucky @ Florida: I have overcome my pessimism and I do think my Cats will win tonight. One thing that's been weird, and I have not noticed it before this season, is the quiet confidence Stoops has demonstrated this pre-season in interviews and press-conferences. It's been noted by reporters and I have read about it a few different times. I think he and his team finally realize they have arrived and are prepared to make some noise in the SEC East this season. In particular, the Cats have been looking forward to this game for a long time. They know they blew one last season. They know they match up well with the Gators. I expect them to come out confident & focused tonight. On offense, how I think they get it done, is obviously running the ball. Charleston Southern rushed for over 200yds last week on the Gator D. I think this bodes well for Kentucky. The Cats will pound the ball with a healthy Snell (he was sick last week) and Rose and King and try to wear the Gator D out by the 2nd half. I do not think Stoops and Gran will let Wilson lose this game for them. Throws I think will be few and far between except Wilson does have a cannon. I think they will take a shot or 2 deep in the 2nd Qtr once the Gator D has loaded the box to try and stop the run. I mentioned before how frustrated I am that CJ Conrad has not seen the ball more. I think they have a few very safe plays called for just him to get him the ball in space. Other than these two scenarios, I think we will see a huge dose of Snell, Rose, and King to control the ball and clock and Stoops tries to win with his defense. Speaking of defense, I think Ky will try to take 1 dimension away from Franks. They will stack the box and take away FL's running game and force Franks to beat them through the air. This plays into the hands of Ky and their very experienced back 7 on D. We might even see a pick 6....at least I'm hoping! The way I see Ky losing is if Terry Wilson is a complete no-show, freaks out in his first time at the Swamp, and turns the ball over like a sive But I think they'll put Gunnar Hoak in well before that and have him run the offense well before they let Wilson give the game away. Kentucky owns the running game and the wins the turnover battle and the streak ends!! I think I'm going to call it. We might even dominate and win by a couple of TDs!! Go Big Blue!!

Jawja @ USCjr: South Carolina is ready I believe. I think they'll give the Dogs fits tonight but my query below says it's a 67% chance they win. 100% chance they cover. All 3 games have the home dog covering SU at the half. I think there's a possibility Gamecocks get their hearts broke and lose this one late. Either a late FG or last-second TD throw wins it for the Dogs and they escape Columbia with a win.

uscjr2.jpg

Air Force @ Florida Atlantic: I know this one may not make any sense but it goes back to my trial and error from my baseball queries. Yeah, FAU is active on a 3-0 SU trend today but I have to put in a margin of less than 10pts....not -10 but positive 10. They lost by almost 50 last week of course which makes the difference of about 60pts before I could get any results from this query. In short, this game presents an extreme outlier in the home team's game margin from last week. I saw this a couple times this past Summer and they both came thru with a win by fading the query. There's a huge SOS gap here from last week's opponents but I think we can possibly see AF give FAU complete fits.

flatl.jpg
MSU @ Arizona State: My query results look good for the home team (60% chance of winning SU which is great for a dog!!) and D8 is on them too! What more do I need?

azst.jpg

MSU @ Kansas State: My query results give the Bulldogs a 33% chance of winning at K. State today.

msu3.jpg

Here's another parlay. 3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:

parlay3.jpg

I am playing SC +pts, waiting for my place to give me 10 again, but unsure if I ML that or not. Also, will be ML UK, but waiting to see if it goes higher, which it has been creaping up while spread has been going the other way. Pitt I will probably just take the pts. So those are TBD ML plays.

Arizona 50 to win 70
Buffalo 50 to win 80
ULM 50 to win 92
Virginia 50 to win 90

Ok last one as I'll stop littering this fine thread with my bullshit. Here is my complete, off-my-rocker, crazy-ass lotto ticket, 3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RRs:

parlay4.jpg

BOL to all!!

:cheers3:

JRock is swinging for the fences! Hope it is a great day for you (and our Wildcats ;)

I am playing SC +pts, waiting for my place to give me 10 again, but unsure if I ML that or not. Also, will be ML UK, but waiting to see if it goes higher, which it has been creaping up while spread has been going the other way. Pitt I will probably just take the pts. So those are TBD ML plays.

Arizona 50 to win 70
Buffalo 50 to win 80
ULM 50 to win 92
Virginia 50 to win 90

I stayed off the SC ML. Just don't trust it without seeing more from these teams.

Arizona 50 to win 70
Buffalo 50 to win 80
ULM 50 to win 92
Virginia 50 to win 90

Add UK 50 to win 208. Let's Go. Kansas snapped their streak, time for Big Blue to snap theirs!

You guys seriously help me win at this sport w minimal time just reading this and the other must reads on this site!!

Not sure I’ve said yet this year but appreciate all ya’ll input and conversations bout this sport.

We have some gems in here Week 2

JROCK..... how's it feel? 31 years in the making
I lost my ass today because of my parlay betting but I don't even care. I told my wife I think this feels just as good, maybe better, than a National Title in basketball! I was 20 years old last time we beat Florida.

:abouttime:

I lost my ass today because of my parlay betting but I don't even care. I told my wife I think this feels just as good, maybe better, than a National Title in basketball! I was 20 years old last time we beat Florida.

:abouttime:

congrats

I counted 17 dogs winning yesterday, more than usual.
No big underdog upsets, only 4 of the 17 were 2 TD dog wins ( E Mich, E Carolina, Kentucky, Colo St )
Had Duke, Buffalo, ULM, and later added KY and AzSt not posted.
Had some bad reads on my part on some posted, and really opposite on Colo St and E Carolina games.
Look forward to finding more winners in week 3

s--k not sure if you watched the colorado state game but please include the coach decision on 4th and 1.

Some of those wins were hard to see coming but they usually are.

Back