***Week 2 Leans/Picks and Writeups Pending***

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Did not post any of my plays week one... wanted to see how I'd do... tailed most of you guys on some consesus plays.. Pitt, Texas, Houston, BYU, Florida, Nebraska so I did pretty good... took a tough blow Monday with a big play on Miami.. but I'll bouce back...

Jumped on these bad boys early Sunday night... will have write-ups on Rutgers, NIU, and a small one on Houston... I figure others know more and will offer up better information on Clemson, TT, and Georgia.

POSTED PLAYS YTD
0-0-0

The Card

TEXAS TECH -7 @ UTEP
GEORGIA -3 @ SOUTH CAROLINA
CLEMSON -1 @ BOSTON COLLEGE
HOUSTON -13.5 vs. TULANE
RUTGERS -12 vs. ILLINOIS
NORTHERN ILLINOIS -14 vs. OHIO

Right now it's just those 6 favs. I have a 2 unit teaser pending with the Patriots -2.5 after USC and ND @ -1 locked in. I think the above card has a good chance at yielding 4 or 5 winners.. and that's all I can ask. Will probably tail some of CTG's finest as it gets closer to gameday. Might hedge on BC if I can get +3.5 or +4 come kickoff.

:wacka wacka:

Wyoming +9.5 stands out as a gem. It looks like they got their shit together and if they don't turn it over 10 times a game... they are a decent team. Virginia on the other hand... doesn't seem to be one. LSU under 14 looks good but I don't think I'll see that now.

Write-Ups comming later tonight or from work tomorrow...

The State University of NJ vs. the Fighting Illini.

ILLINOIS @ RUTGERS

The Pick: Rutgers -12

Alright going into this week this is a play that stuck out to me. I knew the line would be high because of the revenge factor and the fact that Rutgers on ABC just beat a decent a decent ACC team in North Carolina. Last year remember Rutgers was dominating Illinois before allowing that horrible come back. This game set their season back a step and while they rebounded to a bowl and almost beat ASU... it was a bitter loss they probably still feel to this day.

There is alot of hype around this Rutgers team. They don't expect to go into every game believing a win is enough. They want to establish themselves as one of the best teams in the Big East... and they believe they are a contender with WVU and Louisville. They may not be those caliber of teams but they are far superior to Cinnci, Conn, Cuse. I don't believe the books have given them respect though... starting them off at 5.5 point dogs at N.C and now less than 2 TD's vs. one of the worst teams in the country. Most sites have this line capped at around 16 or 17... so there is some value here. I think early money is comming in on Illinois.. with the line falling down to 10.5/11 at some places... probably basing it off the 3 point victory from last season.

Illinois is 2-7 on the road as a dog between 10.5 to 21 points. If Rutgers gets up on them at home... they're not going to let up and the Illini haven't shown the ability to fight under the spread on the road in recent years. Rutgers stats at home ATS over the L3 years are not impressive either... I'd throw much of that out though b/c only last year did this team turn it around...especially towards the end of the season.

You got to love the fact that the Big East just signed a huge deal with ESPN/ABC. Also, Rutgers is actually the biggest football school in the northeast since the decline of Syracuse (Penn isn't the northeast IMO)...and are getting more attention and support than they ever have in the past. This all points to a no letdown situations for the SUNJ. For the first time in awhile the metro area of NY has a football team capable of getting to quality bowl games.

Illinois is currently ranked 7th in the nation in total offense after whaling on a highschool JV team. A team that at one point was trailing 21-14 before giving way late in the first half. Believe me this team is the same Illini team they put on the field last season with I believe 19 starters back from last season. They have some nice recruits but they are a year or two off. Rice for Rutgers will pound and pound until the defense is exhausted. Schiano is a no-bull coach and will have this kids ready to go at what I expect to be a very lively and crowded home game. If you can get 10 go ahead and pound it like a mofo. I know I'm not the only one feeling this game on the CTG board.

Sit back :drinking: and watch the money; roll in with the State University of New Jersey.

Looks good Inspekdah! I'm on several of those myself, so Good luck to both of us!!
stpatrick2.gif

On UohH -13.5 as well :shake:
Also Oregon Over 53.5 and Ole Piss + and Over 47 soon. money;

On three of them. Maybe on NIU as well and starting to like Wyoming more and more.

I'll be back with more thoughts later Spek..gotta run. Thanks for posting the plays. Love it.

NORTHERN ILLINOIS -14 VS. OHIO

Let me start by saying this is one of my most favorite plays this weekend. You have NIU being blown out by OSU and Ohio who comes off a 29-3 game vs. a D2 scrub in Tenn-Martin. What sticks out to me is that Ohio had trouble moving the ball against that JV squad... needing a fumble recovery for a TD and a safety to inflate the score into looking like it was a blowout.

The former Cornhusker coach can't feel good about his club's inability to move the ball against a D 2 oppononent!

It's the absence of a passing game for his club which has Solich concerned. "We had fairly good quarterback play as the game went on," he said. "We got some things going in a three-step passing game, but didn't have a diversified offensive game. We need to pick it up offensively."

Ohio produced just 144 yards offense. Senior quarterback Austen Everson completed 8-of-17 throws for 49 yards and ran for 16 yards and a touchdown. Solich gave backup Brad Bower a shot and intends to play both against Northern Illinois.

Now you play the team who I think can and should run away with the MAC crown. NIU was burnt badly by Ohio St. on BIG PLAYS. Ohio has zero big play capability. NIU's focus is on winning the MAC... and the coach says, "We're still about winning the MAC championship. Certainly, the Ohio game is a big game for us."

Key Facts..

Ohio is 2-10 ATS L3 years on the road.

NIU is 5-3 at home.

Ohio ran the ball 36 times for 63 yards against a D2 school. That is absolutely pathetic and had a non-existent passing game. Wolf put up nearly 300 yards of offense against a team whose 3rd stringers will dominate anything Ohio puts out on the field.

The Chicago Sun Times predicted NIU beat OSU. I'm glad that didn't happen because now we have a gift in this line.

NIU -14, I'd play it up to 16.5. money;

Thanks everyone.

Adding Oklahoma -17 home vs. Washington. Washington letup almost 30 points to San Jose St. Now they face a dominating defense and a team that's being undervalued because of crucial turnovers. They should be in much better situations and not commit so many senseless TO's like they did vs. UAB. Peterson might go for 200 yards vs. this Husky team which is years off.

Washington is 1-7 ATS after a win L3 seasons. Also, just a wretched road team. I expect Oklahoma's defense to dominate this one.

How does Oklahoma 31-6 sound?

Don't like the idea of losing on gameday plays so this will be for a half unit. All the ones mentioned above are full units.

let's do this

Well...RU is looking rosey for us.

GL on the rest of card. RU and NIU are my big ones today..lets cash em

Rutgers did exactly what I thought and NIU did the complete opposite.

1-1 right now with Oklahoma right on the push number up 30-13.

Tail/Television Play(ESPN2)

LSU -16 1.1 TO WIN 1 UNIT

Hey bud seems like u had a pretty good day.
Tough break with the push on oklahoma.

Back