Week 2 Discussion Thread

Situational?
When is the last time a team replaced 100% of its roster in one year? 86 new players recruited by an NFL superstar.
This “situation” has never ever ever occurred ever.
Very true.

So many factors here.

Yes, a potential overlay but also what you are saying as far as unprecedented.

Seeing how crazy the volume is on this game makes things even more fascinating.

Really? I’m a fan but I think this week will present way more problems for them. I’m so happy huskers dogs. I don’t love Nebraska side cause I have a prop or 2 in mind I feel better about but this gonna be a way different kind of game. Id be hesitant to go big either way honestly but maybe it work out for ya!

If anyone thinks Colorado will “let down” after the big win, wow, need to think again.

First home game the team will be jacked up and the fans will be pumped up for the new Colorado “Prime Time” era.

Colorado beat the spread by 25, Nebraska covered by 2.5 but lost to a poor Minnesota team.

GL!

I don’t think they will let down one bit, I agree with you there. I just don’t think you are giving the proper respect to not only what happened week 1 when dismissing huskers as “losing to a poor Minnesota team” or that the way the tcu game was played was incredibly beneficial to colorad, and yes they crushed the spread, I thought the spread was redic prior to the game. I saw tcu play a terrible Colorado team last year with Morris at qb and it was a incredibly ugly game. I also didn’t think there any way Prime was gonna get embarrassed by a tcu team I never liked that much last year while they kept luck boxing wins and lost most the players responsible for that season. While I’m more than willing to give buffs props I don’t think the team they beat was nearly as good as some may have thought and that team ran for 250ish yards while scoring 42 points. That would concern me if I was high on betting Colorado this week!

That “poor” Minnesota team that Nebraska should have beaten has a way better run defense than buffs do right now. That gopher team also has a couple nfl destined wrs and a qb I have heard everyone likes and I know they like him cause they transitioning from a run team to a team who threw 45ish times last week. I’d be willing to bet gophers will put up 300+ passing yards and beat some good teams this year. That tells me Nebraska prob has a pretty dang good defense and secondary cause they made a passing game I think will be pretty damn good when all said and done very inefficient!

Im not saying buffs won’t win, but my understanding is they are not very deep and their biggest weakness at this point obviously isn’t skill players but in the trenches. That 13-10 game you seem to be very quick to dismiss as proof Nebraska isn’t good not only had some incredibly talented wrs on the gophers side that had to make insane catches to score but just as important was a incredibly physical game with big boy hitting at the Los, rbs that finish runs with power, and Nebraska has a Uber athletic qb of their own who is gonna be such a handful to stop in the run game there a very good chance they find some big plays down field, that qb is also incredibly mistake prone and if you can get him into known passing situations will def throw a pick or 2.

All that is to say will buffs be able to win at the Los and force simms into being a drop back passer? If so I agree they most likely win. I just don’t think we saw anything in week 1 that would make me confident they can make it nearly as tough to run the ball as a big strong gophers team who is accustomed to that brand of football did. Maybe this sounds crazy to you but this will be a much tougher task than knocking off tcu who plays a cuter brand of football.

As I mentioned earlier Im a fan of what neon deon is doing, I’m glad it working and i expect he will be in the playoffs rather quickly once they expand next year. It not about any letdown for me. It not about rooting against him at all for me. It about everything i mentioned above and that Nebraska been a fantastic covering machine as a dog, they have played with lots of teams that were supposed to beat them handily, it’s true they basically have found a million different ways to lose those games, they did it again last week, I believe that will eventually start to change under Runle who is fantastic program builder himself. I just couldn’t be confident here cause as much as you believe there is no way prime will let them lose at home I believe there is almost no chance this game is easy. Im det not saying you won’t cash, im just saying there seems to be better plays out there to go “big” on, but maybe you right, maybe there no way they lose. Even if it is a tight game you have the benefit of already seeing buffs win more close games than Nebraska has in the last 2 years! Lol

Rhule will turn things around but not this game.

Colorado was at an extreme disadvantage with 98+ degree temperatures and sun all day. The body cannot adjust in just a few days but TCU players could maintain electrolyte balance their bodies were adjusted.

So it’s incredibly impressive that Colorado still prevailed.

To boot, this weekend Colorado has the big advantage with the altitude, they are adjusted to it and Nebraska cannot with a few days there.

Again, old style trends and line movements mean very little in this spot.

I had Nebraska last week but they barely covered. Minny is not going to win many games this year they have problems.

Husker QB Sims is one dimensional run first and Sanders D will be ready. Colorado has good linemen, too, but that was lost in the shuffle with the wild game at TCU.

Colorado -3, BIG.

GL!

Last edited:
Virginia might not reach double digits if Muskett can’t go. Backup QB was putrid vs Tenny backups. New Hampshire QB Muskett is bad enough, as is our playcalling, but backup QB is new-level bad. JMU is tough defensively right? Our o-line still sucks anyways and we don’t have the wide receivers we used to. I know JMU basketball gets really excited about playing Virginia, there’s definitely an in-state sentiment in play. I think JMU, despite being favored, might have a chip on its shoulder because it’s the much lower-profile Virginia school

Virginia might not reach double digits if Muskett can’t go. Backup QB was putrid vs Tenny backups. New Hampshire QB Muskett is bad enough, as is our playcalling, but backup QB is new-level bad. JMU is tough defensively right? Our o-line still sucks anyways and we don’t have the wide receivers we used to. I know JMU basketball gets really excited about playing Virginia, there’s definitely an in-state sentiment in play. I think JMU, despite being favored, might have a chip on its shoulder because it’s the much lower-profile Virginia school
However, maybe Virginia plays inspired. First home game since shooting, they‘re going to be super super emotional

Back