Week 17 Discussion Thread

Too quick to judge Lawrence from the same guy that just judged Mac a post earlier. Lol, bizarro world.
Great comparison when one guy plays for probably the best coach in league history and the other was coached by a guy that cashed it in and two of the worst offensive coaches in the league and that isn't even factoring in that Lawrence had no talent around him.

O/U erred to the low side last week. Of the 10 games with an O/U of 43 or less, 7 went over. Only 6 such games this week, so with 10 games higher than 43 the under may have a good day.

ATL/BUF - tough to lay 14.5 with Bills off a huge win, but I wouldn't touch the Falcons either. Competent QBs leans to over the 44.5.

NYG/CHI - not interested, neither team has motivation

KC/CIN - Chiefs offense is starting to roll, Bengals a little more hit or miss, hit big last week. Both teams super hungry. Total is not yet to 50, which seems incredible. Over or nothing here.

MIA/TEN - Dolphins winning with defense, as are the Tits, who haven't scored more than 20 in weeks. Dolphins on a 7 games win streak but have crossed 20 only 4 out of 7. Under 41.5 looks good.

LV/IND - Raiders offense hasn't crossed 17 since Thanksgiving. Hard not to see the Colts forcing their will upon Vegas and running it down their throats. Line has shrunk to 5.5 so watch out for COVID news. BREAKING - WENTZ ON THE COVID LIST

JAX/NE - Bill has been known to take out his frustrations in games like this, so its Pats or nothing. Can't trust Jax to contribute to the total either. Probably pass.

TAM/NYJ - As noted, Jets D is tissue paper at this point and Tommy loves to take it to them for old times sake. Over a mid 40s total looks inviting.

PHI/WAS - rematch from two weeks ago when Philly covered late against a game Garrett Gilbert led team. WFT were thoroughly embarrassed on SNF so they'll be keyed up in this one. Dog should be barking in this one.

LAR/BALT - Rams won kinda ugly last week now go up against a fading Ravens team that was knocked around last week. I just don't trust Stafford in these spots. Want to see who's under center for Baltimore but if it stays at +3.5 I think you have to look their way.

DEN/LAC - Tough game, both teams off two game losing streaks have screwed their playoff chances, basically making this an elimination game. Chargers are an over machine, while Denver has been playing D and cashing unders. The QB talent says take the Chargers but laying more than 4 seems dicey. Pass.

HOU/SF - Texans on a two game winning streak while Trey Lance might be the QB for SF. -12.5 is a pretty big hurdle for a rookie making his second start, but how motivated are the Texans? Pass.

ARI/DAL - Cowboys are rolling and Cards are reeling. Almost makes it a must play on Arizona, doesn't it?

CAR/NO - Yuk, no interest.

DET/SEA - Seattle -7, wasn't that the line last week vs the Bears? Line seems a little light, Detroit is scrappy.....SOMETIMES. I'll lay the 7.

MIN/GB - Since 2012 these two teams have played a pair of over games twice. In that time they've also played to a tie twice. Do you think they'll tie this year? Me neither. I like a January Lambeau under here and probably Green Bay -6.5 too.

CLE/PIT - Not being said officially but this is probably Big Ben's last home game. Steelers will be fired up for this one, and they've been OK at home. Browns coming off a Mayfield shitshow, think they might run it a few times. Incredibly the Browns are favored. Once more to the Tomlin dog kennel.
Same thoughts on Washington. The entire covers community also seems to be on Philly which makes me like it even more.

Regarding Denver I’m pretty sure both Chubb and Jeudy are out.

I was on Chicago last week. Lean G-men this week with ginger starting.

Do the Giants own any win as impressive as the Bears going to Seattle and winning? Feels like Washington should be cooked, but Philly is more in their class of competition than Dallas was.

You like your Chiefs today Cap? I’m expecting a lot of points from both teams in that one.
I’m not on it. But interesting line movement.

Posted earlier in the week I am not sold on Cincy. Deep dive, they have feasted on bad defenses, have been wildly inconsistent and by multiple advanced metrics are barely a top half of the league team. They have also been incredibly bad against top level TE.

They have not faced a top 10 DVOA pass defense all year and this will be the first time they will face a top 13 one since Week 1.

Super talented. Tons of potential. I, personally, don’t see them coming out and lighting it up against KC.

I just talked myself into a small play.

Copy and paste:

Kyler Murray is undefeated at AT&T Stadium with a perfect 8-0 record dating back to his high school days.

I just don’t know how he gonna fair vs this Dallas pass rush that I think has become the most fearsome in the league! Pretty sure parsons is just as fast as him! At least when it comes to burst!!

Heck of a performance by Chase today. Several questionable officiating calls but you can’t let up a 3rd and 27 and then blame the refs. Good win for Cincy.

Heck of a performance by Chase today. Several questionable officiating calls but you can’t let up a 3rd and 27 and then blame the refs. Good win for Cincy.
You take losing a wager better than me. I'm pissed at the NE D for allowing that late TD causing me to lose my live -42.

You take losing a wager better than me. I'm pissed at the NE D for allowing that late TD causing me to lose my live -42.

Oh I’m livid as a fan. As a gambler I try to have a short memory. Because next week i may cover a game I shouldn’t and i won’t even acknowledge that. I try to stay even keel on both ends of it.

Opportunity here.

IF you like Tennessee to win this week, you should grab KC -4 for next week at BetOnline. It was 3 at one point. KC will have to play to win next week if Tennessee wins or if they both lose.

It will go up if Tennessee wins IMO for sure.

KC now 10

Back