Week 17 Discussion Thread

Offensively it comes down more to the line protecting Allen and not committing penalties that put them in long 3rd downs. IDK if this line can put together 3 straight good performances but I sure hope they do. I expect Singletary to get a majority of the touches out of the backfield from here on out, he's playing well.

As I said before the Bills can't stop a rb. So if they face a team with an elite wr/te (Hill, Kelce) and any rb with a pulse they'll have to score 30+ to win.

Tre White out changes this defense immensely. I don't give them much of a shot to win any playoff game this season unless the d suddenly turns into the 2012 Giants

losing that corner really hurt. The way they can get bullied against strong rush attacks incredibly worrisome. They could still go on a run cause they are capable of out scoring anyone in afc and outside kc all the afc has issues.

But Allen is a superstar. I do think when he's on he is close to unstoppable. Last week his performance was even better when you look at the incomplete passes. He was DEALING. Any given sunday!

He was fantastic, that was probably best individual performance I’ve seen all year! I was happy to be on all his over props :)

I'm a glutton for punishment, prob gonna be on Jax ats with some ML.

The Pats have been overachieving this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see it all come crashing down. No Judon is huge to me, 3 LBS out and I think outside of Jackson the Pats corners are average.

Lawrence will end up being better than Mac by a mile. Mac is Chad Pennington mark my words
Pennington was a better QB than Mac will ever be.

So true yet I jumped on Tampa right away. With my luck Brady will get the virus within the next few days.

At least you will find out before kick. Messy st kept it a pretty good secret half their team was out last night. Leech can choke on a bag of dicks along w rest of ncaa not sharing injury/covid info.

Pennington was a very good QB who got the most out of his limited arm strength. He would have had a very good career if he wasn't drafted by the Jets and he hadn't had the shoulder injury late in his career.

How do you know Mac n cheese won’t do exactly the same?? I think it a pretty decent comparison early on.

He certainly has the advantage of being drafted by the right team but I just don't see the talent. I would say I hope he proves me wrong but I despise the Patriots and Belichick.

I don’t think he less talented than Pennington, he might not have the mental goods and toughness Chad did, have to see.

I’m not convinced Trevor Lawrence will have a career as good as Pennington honestly. I thought he would out of college but now I think he kinda comes off as a entitled spoiled brat who needs a fucking haircut! He has more talent in his pinky but I’m confident in saying he don’t have half Pennington heart or desire.

I’m not convinced Trevor Lawrence will have a career as good as Pennington honestly. I thought he would out of college but now I think he kinda comes off as a entitled spoiled brat who needs a fucking haircut! He has more talent in his pinky but I’m confident in saying he don’t have half Pennington heart or desire.
Everyone is being way too quick in judging Lawrence. He has had no talent around him and being coached by Bevell and Brian Schottenheimer was a serious problem for his development. Jags must hire an offensive head coach that will bring the best out of him because the talent is there.

Everyone is being way too quick in judging Lawrence. He has had no talent around him and being coached by Bevell and Brian Schottenheimer was a serious problem for his development. Jags must hire an offensive head coach that will bring the best out of him because the talent is there.

Obviously the talent is there, I’m not judging that, I’m judging how he comes off to me. I agree a real coach might fix things, or it won’t and we will know he just doesn’t care all that much to put the work in. His wrs no worse than what Stafford had many years and put up numbers. It not hard to pass in this league anymore, what he doing is pretty pathetic. Honestly not sure it bothers him which a big red flag to me. We see. He has as much talent around him as Davis mills and mills having better games than him!!

Bills activated Gabe Davis, Beasley & Feliciano. OK now I think Bills romp & will look at tt over. Gabe props & McKenzie may have worked himself into the offensive schemes a bit- especially if they run away early.

Looking at Mia/Tenn under. Two awful OL and both will bring pressure. Points will be at a premium.

Buffalo should be able to name their score.

KC is going to decimate that Cincy OL.

Washington is done. This is the week to fade.

Lot of sentimentality in Pitt but Cleve is just a better team

Lean Chargers

Idc about Mac. Pats need the game and will drill the Jags.

Looking at Mia/Tenn under. Two awful OL and both will bring pressure. Points will be at a premium.

Buffalo should be able to name their score.

KC is going to decimate that Cincy OL.

Washington is done. This is the week to fade.

Lot of sentimentality in Pitt but Cleve is just a better team

Lean Chargers

Idc about Mac. Pats need the game and will drill the Jags.

Wasn’t last week the week to fade Washington after they had to play Tuesday? I’m not as excited to fade them this week off getting embarrassed on national tv, that line screaming FT to me, not that I have any interest in betting them but the entire world gonna lay that short number with Philly.

Wasn’t last week the week to fade Washington after they had to play Tuesday? I’m not as excited to fade them this week off getting embarrassed on national tv, that line screaming FT to me, not that I have any interest in betting them but the entire world gonna lay that short number with Philly.

Fade was for different reason. This one is for “the season is over”. Last week was what some call “the dreamcrusher”. Philly has huge reason to win, WFT, while won’t lay down, it’s tough for them to get up this week. Just my opinion.

Fade was for different reason. This one is for “the season is over”. Last week was what some call “the dreamcrusher”. Philly has huge reason to win, WFT, while won’t lay down, it’s tough for them to get up this week. Just my opinion.

I feel ya, that line just screams be careful to me, see it all the time late in the year with teams with nothing to play for vs teams needing a win. I’m familiar w dreamcrusher but honestly think it way overused. I certainly understand liking Philly, besides whatever other reasons they just better, they should win, I woulda thought line be more like a td tho. I don’t get it which usually means there something there. You won’t catch me backing Washington so hope ya right:

How bout the panthers ? Saints are disgusting right now. How are they gonna cover 7 against a legit defense. If we take away the jets win, saints are cooked.

Saints cant defend mobile qbs either. Remember the eagles game. Cam should be able to run it

Ive watched panthers, there offense sucks but it doesnt look that far off sometimes. In fact it looks light years ahead of saints

How bout the panthers ? Saints are disgusting right now. How are they gonna cover 7 against a legit defense. If we take away the jets win, saints are cooked.

Saints cant defend mobile qbs either. Remember the eagles game. Cam should be able to run it

Ive watched panthers, there offense sucks but it doesnt look that far off sometimes. In fact it looks light years ahead of saints

It’s crazy they laying that much. I had to look twice to make sure that was really the number. That said it a real shit show in carolina with newton and darnold taking turns being awful, I’m assuming Hill gonna be back? No way this number 7 with that scrub who played Monday starting, under makes more sense to me than either side l,

Jalen ran 18 times in that game, finishing with a YPC well-below his average. More than a third of his rush yardage came on a sick play that displayed an elusiveness Cam couldn‘t dream of. I don‘t think it‘s fair to say that the Saints can‘t defend mobile quarterbacks.

I think it is true that the way to beat the Saints is to negate their pass rush by running. The Eagles are just the team to do that because they are stacked with effective runners. The Panthers don‘t have a competent running back, just a bum at QB who will get a few decent runs here and there but will also make countless mistakes and inaccurate throws. Hence, Darnold is getting time to add to the mess.

Jalen ran 18 times in that game, finishing with a YPC well-below his average. More than a third of his rush yardage came on a sick play that displayed an elusiveness Cam couldn‘t dream of. I don‘t think it‘s fair to say that the Saints can‘t defend mobile quarterbacks.

I think it is true that the way to beat the Saints is to negate their pass rush by running. The Eagles are just the team to do that because they are stacked with effective runners. The Panthers don‘t have a competent running back, just a bum at QB who will get a few decent runs here and there but will also make countless mistakes and inaccurate throws. Hence, Darnold is getting time to add to the mess.

I know I turned the saints/eagles game off after they started getting blown out, just think it's been 2 years in row hurts hurt them....watching the game it looked like the scheme was completely off. Next week giants played eagles and their scheme was way better....I think Saints fans would agree with me but nobody is stopping eagles right now.

sounds like darnold is starting so may not matter, until rhule inevitably plays qb chairs and pulls darnold after 2 series.

But put any qb back there, 7 points for the saints ? I think panthers are a buy low - this team is right there with likes of falcons, played washington tough. They have a defense. Saints aren't playing the jets. Saints are going to struggle to score.

Of note panthes have some covid issues I think

I feel ya, that line just screams be careful to me, see it all the time late in the year with teams with nothing to play for vs teams needing a win. I’m familiar w dreamcrusher but honestly think it way overused. I certainly understand liking Philly, besides whatever other reasons they just better, they should win, I woulda thought line be more like a td tho. I don’t get it which usually means there something there. You won’t catch me backing Washington so hope ya right:
Isn‘t the line what you would expect tho I mean it is around -4 now and it was -10 in Philly?

Isn‘t the line what you would expect tho I mean it is around -4 now and it was -10 in Philly?

If you implying they still doing anywhere close to 3 for home field but that is not the case anymore. Prob 1.5 for each (maybe 2 at Philly, not sure), by that math this is significantly lower.

I know I turned the saints/eagles game off after they started getting blown out, just think it's been 2 years in row hurts hurt them....watching the game it looked like the scheme was completely off. Next week giants played eagles and their scheme was way better....I think Saints fans would agree with me but nobody is stopping eagles right now.

sounds like darnold is starting so may not matter, until rhule inevitably plays qb chairs and pulls darnold after 2 series.

But put any qb back there, 7 points for the saints ? I think panthers are a buy low - this team is right there with likes of falcons, played washington tough. They have a defense. Saints aren't playing the jets. Saints are going to struggle to score.

Of note panthes have some covid issues I think
Taysom Hill will be back tho. He‘s no god-send but at least he‘s more competent than Book and has had plenty of statistically respectable passing games in recent years. He‘s just terrible when he has to press as a passer.

Speaking of bad competition, Carolina gave up 27 to Washington, 33 to Miami. I do respect their defense but their terrible offense contributes to big disparities in TOP that wear down their defense

If you implying they still doing anywhere close to 3 for home field but that is not the case anymore. Prob 1.5 for each (maybe 2 at Philly, not sure), by that math this is significantly lower.
Ok that actually makes sense to me because Gilbert was the starter and now its Heinicke, I think that difference is worth a few points and not because I like Heinicke

Ok that actually makes sense to me because Gilbert was the starter and now its Heinicke, I think that difference is worth a few points and not because I like Heinicke

That fair, but then don’t you think eagles should prob be given some upgrade for last 2 weeks while FT had got be be getting downgraded some, now I see line -3, it stinks to high hell imo, certainly don’t mean much, if I could win at nfl by picking out fishy lines and fading I would be betting sides not props! lol

That fair, but then don’t you think eagles should prob be given some upgrade for last 2 weeks while FT had got be be getting downgraded some, now I see line -3, it stinks to high hell imo, certainly don’t mean much, if I could win at nfl by picking out fishy lines and fading I would be betting sides not props! lol
No Miles Sanders is new tho.

Also, maybe something about home field being weighted more in divisional game? Skins still technically have playoff hopes — last ditch effort here?

No Miles Sanders is new tho.

Also, maybe something about home field being weighted more in divisional game? Skins still technically have playoff hopes — last ditch effort here?

I like sanders but Scott more than serviceable and I hear Howard can handle quite the load (lol). He can’t be worth more than a half point if that, they really didn’t figure out they were a running team till he got hurt the 1st time. I dunno man, it just seems way to freaking easy, can’t imagine anyone betting wft and most prob loading up on Philly. I hate those kind of plays, they def cash I just have a terrible time figuring out when they will.

Are the Cowboys hot or are they just playing bad competition? Wash 2x, NYG, saints. Haven't played an offense with a pulse in 6 weeks.

The Cards in a free fall losing 5 of 7 and 3 in a row. Now a couple games removed from losing D-Hop... they need a quality win. However both Conner & Edmunds are banged up and there are a ton of questionables...including BBaker.

I'm leaning heavy on the Cards here. 2 to 1 on the ML is enticing as I think this line should really only be 4. Murray is capable of a bounce back here. Total to me looks like it's begging for over action but I think the points might be the only way to go. I'm totally aware I might be stepping in front of a train but I just don't think the Cards are toast yet.

Leaning Dolphins+3.5. They're going to blitz nearly every down. No Julio, Ikhine so AJ getting blanketed. Only concern playing u40 here is dynamic wrs on either side of the ball that can go yard. Waddle is the real deal.

Might look at Broncos tt over... the only team to allow more pts this season than the Chargers are the Jets.
*edit nm not with Lock starting

Last edited:
Leaning Dolphins+3.5. They're going to blitz nearly every down. No Julio, Ikhine so AJ getting blanketed. Only concern playing u40 here is dynamic wrs on either side of the ball that can go yard. Waddle is the real deal.

Might look at Broncos tt over... the only team to allow more pts this season than the Chargers are the Jets.
*edit nm not with Lock starting

I made mistake of thinking they be ok with lock last week and Jesus nothing worked not even the run game that should have been fine vs raiders! I look to bet opposing teams run game props vs chargers every week since Staley defensive philosophy is to let the other team gash them on the ground! I dunno if he be smart enough to commit a extra guy to the box against a lock lead passing game or he will still let donks run on light boxes? Gordon and Williams could go for 100 each if Staley remains stubborn and refused to acknowledge his philosophy is trash!!

Are the Cowboys hot or are they just playing bad competition? Wash 2x, NYG, saints. Haven't played an offense with a pulse in 6 weeks.

The Cards in a free fall losing 5 of 7 and 3 in a row. Now a couple games removed from losing D-Hop... they need a quality win. However both Conner & Edmunds are banged up and there are a ton of questionables...including BBaker.

I'm leaning heavy on the Cards here. 2 to 1 on the ML is enticing as I think this line should really only be 4. Murray is capable of a bounce back here. Total to me looks like it's begging for over action but I think the points might be the only way to go. I'm totally aware I might be stepping in front of a train but I just don't think the Cards are toast yet.

Dallas defense is the unit that legit and I trust to show up, the offense I have no idea week to ttweek. I think Murray could have a tough time up against this front that might be best in the league and I think fast/explosive enough to keep him from escaping much. If cards stay close I def like it to be under the total.

Excellent question. I think the pass rush improvement is legit......they got Lawrence and Gregory back mid season which was a huge upgrade. Whether that translates against a great scrambler like Murray will be a good test case.

The offense seems to be finding their early season rhythm again, they did OK against a Saints D which is a good unit. This is without Ty Smith who may be back this week (for how long who knows).

All that said, they've had all week to hear about how great they looked, and that usually leads to a flatter effort the next week. The Arizona side is definitely worth a look.

Cam hasn’t run on the Saints much over history if I recall

Opportunity here.

IF you like Tennessee to win this week, you should grab KC -4 for next week at BetOnline. It was 3 at one point. KC will have to play to win next week if Tennessee wins or if they both lose.

It will go up if Tennessee wins IMO for sure.

Too quick to judge Lawrence from the same guy that just judged Mac a post earlier. Lol, bizarro world.

Opportunity here.

IF you like Tennessee to win this week, you should grab KC -4 for next week at BetOnline. It was 3 at one point. KC will have to play to win next week if Tennessee wins or if they both lose.

It will go up if Tennessee wins IMO for sure.
The King is back at practice full go. Will be a go for playoffs. Oh my, and ppl counting us out

Too quick to judge Lawrence from the same guy that just judged Mac a post earlier. Lol, bizarro world.
Brewers‘ answer would probably be that Mac has talent around him whereas Trevor doesn‘t, thus he can form an opinion of Mac. I surmise this answer by reading his two posts instead of being super quick to condescend him for bad logic

Back