Week 17 Discussion Thread

I get more concerned about the batted balls, especially the ones that turn into picks!! At least the earlier ding was the shoulder, can live with that one. Leg/ankle injuries are no bueno if it causes a lack of confidence

yea but the shoulder had him reluctant to take off as he didn’t hardly run at all for 2-3 weeks. He so short and slight! lol. I’d assume he will get better with the tipped balls, I mean brees not quite as short but he also doesn’t have the wheels and he has managed to find passing lanes for 20 years!

Just to stir the pot a little.. much has been made of Jalen Hurts

Carson Wentz- Completion %- 57.7 QBR 49.4, good for 30th in the league
Jalen Hurts- Completion %- 55.6 QBR 40.2

DVOA? Lower than Joe Flacco and even with Minshew and Dalton for the season.

I'm not bashing the kid... I just found it interesting.. There's really no point to this besides the jury is very largely still out despite being anointed the future of Philly. Yards per play has gone up thanks to his legs.

I'm not bashing the kid... I just found it interesting.. There's really no point to this besides the jury is very largely still out despite being anointed the future of Philly. Yards per play has gone up thanks to his legs.

I think Philly making a huge mistake if they anointing Hurts their future. The one obvious thing he got going for him and the thing that I think prevents Wentz from ever having more success in Philly is it painfully obvious the locker room has way more respect for Hurts and don’t really care much at all for wentz for whatever reason? If wentz could find his way to Indy I think him and the colts would be fantastic. While I’d expect any success Hurts has to be fleeting cause teams will get more and more film and take away the things Eagles having success running with him. I don’t think he a long term franchise qb by any stretch.

It was obvious in college that Hurts could only hit the wide open receivers who Lincoln Riley schemed open for him. He was never a guy who could throw in tight windows like Burrow for example. He can provide a cute spark running the ball maybe but that‘s it. The second round was a huge reach for him.

I have backed off Philly b/c Alex Smith supposedly good to go. I have Bears +6 (bought .5 pts) & Giants +3. I see no Panthers line currently. Will probably be on Panthers

I feel like if you like Miami, now is the time to take them. Seems more and more likely Buffalo will not play their guys the whole game

Goof and Hendo already out for Rams and Kupp tested positive for the Rona yesterday, they haven't officially announced him out yet. Kyler was full practice yesterday, not sure what the actual injury was or how it will effect his play.

Man, Browns season unraveling.

sure doesn’t look good for them, no way they get in a good practice this week. Bright side is they facing Rudolph and bunch of other backups I’d assume. Doesn’t that -10 seem redic high considering the circumstances?

Goof and Hendo already out for Rams and Kupp tested positive for the Rona yesterday, they haven't officially announced him out yet. Kyler was full practice yesterday, not sure what the actual injury was or how it will effect his play.

they being pretty tight lipped about that, all I’ve seen is “leg” on injury reports. Kingsbury did say lower leg one day, that all I’ve heard bout it. That total super low but under kinda feels like the right play don’t it?

they being pretty tight lipped about that, all I’ve seen is “leg” on injury reports. Kingsbury did say lower leg one day, that all I’ve heard bout it. That total super low but under kinda feels like the right play don’t it?
He did full practice, not limited on Wed...pretty sure it's more a bruise than anything

Fitzmagic out with Covid on Sunday.

it be interesting to see how Tua performs without that security blanket waiting to come in and bail him out. I think I was wrong about liking Tua coming out the draft, he doesn’t look anything like the qb I thought he could be. Seems to me like he doesn’t understand what open is in the nfl and he waits around for his wrs to get college open before he throws. He better figure out he will never have guys as wide open they were at bama! Guess that the danger of drafting QBs who come from one these programs loaded with talent.

He did full practice, not limited on Wed...pretty sure it's more a bruise than anything

im assuming he fully healthy and still think under the play. If he not able to run around then it’s even better. Those 28 points cards scored the 1st meeting were incredibly deceiving if I recall correctly. Feels like a race to 20 to me.

im assuming he fully healthy and still think under the play. If he not able to run around then it’s even better. Those 28 points cards scored the 1st meeting were incredibly deceiving if I recall correctly. Feels like a race to 20 to me.
No chance in hell I'm betting it, way too many variables. Wk 17 is hard enough, no reason this one

As crazy this sounds I’m struggling to see why pats are favs over jets? Does anyone think pats been playing better football than jets the last few weeks? Jets run d has been stout and I don’t think cam and co capable of passing on anyone right now!!

So packers gotta win to get the 1 seed? (Assuming Seattle wins) Apparently Seattle would own tiebreaker over them? No idea how or why but I know pack don’t have it locked up yet, I know they would have tie break over saints w the h2h so has to be Seattle who could steal it.

that certainly makes the bears game interesting if both need it!! Can bears possibly continue scoring the way they have?

Well we'll see how much the league likes the Saints. Kamara may be eligible to play a Sunday playoff game, but not Saturday.

Why are the Raiders favored? Broncos should be able to move the ball at ease, hard to imagine a dominating Vegas win right now. More likely to see another epic collapse. Terrible coaching, shoddy qb play and a scary bad secondary. no thank you.

Steelers are the trendy dog pick of the week. Everywhere I look Steelers. They were struggling offensively with Big Ben now I just don't see Mason doing much vs the Browns, especially without getting a run game going. Pitt without the vital players defensively. If they can't generate a pass rush Baker will eat them up. Chubb might go for 150+. I can easily see a scenario where the Browns score a td first, then get a quick turnover and before you know it the spread is covered. Chubb prop might be an easy one.

@wiseplayer Rams thoughts?

From the outside it may very well be a blessing in disguise for the Rams to lose Goff. If there is a defense capable of going bonkers it's without a doubt this one. Looking like Akers might be able to go which would be huge... Kupp out is tough but I think the Rams would want to take the air out of the ball as much as possible anyway. No way I want to lay chalk vs the Rams in a must win spot here. Rams+ pts is a lean.

Also now reading the Eagles may not play Miles or other key starters that have nagging injuries. Washington is the better overall team right now, just not sure what you get from qb. Risky play but I definitely wouldn't be on the Eagles

Why are the Raiders favored? Broncos should be able to move the ball at ease, hard to imagine a dominating Vegas win right now. More likely to see another epic collapse. Terrible coaching, shoddy qb play and a scary bad secondary. no thank you.
Wholeheartedly agree here. Don’t see raiders being up for this game

@wiseplayer Rams thoughts?

From the outside it may very well be a blessing in disguise for the Rams to lose Goff. If there is a defense capable of going bonkers it's without a doubt this one. Looking like Akers might be able to go which would be huge... Kupp out is tough but I think the Rams would want to take the air out of the ball as much as possible anyway. No way I want to lay chalk vs the Rams in a must win spot here. Rams+ pts is a lean.

think the Rams d eats a compromised kyler for lunch here. Question is can Wolford just make the simple plays and not any huge mistakes.

I would imagine he sees some time. Maybe a couple early targets before Allen gets pulled. Having been off for so long I'm sure they want to see where he is at. I suspect the Beasley injury may be slightly more serious than they are letting on, otherwise I don't see why they would even bother with Stills. I have a hard time seeing the Bills winning this week. No way they will play Allen/Diggs/ Milano/Edmunds/Tre & maybe even Poyer more than a quarter.

Something to consider here...

Beasley out, Diggs likely plays a couple series then is done. That leaves you with John Brown returning from injury presumably on a snap count. Gabe Davis, McKenzie, & Andre Roberts. Andre Roberts is the key return man and a huge part of Bill's success. No way they want him out there getting targeted like crazy. Gabe & McK both play parts in the offense, they want to protect them too. Barkley will be in the game likely before the half, presumably handing off to Taiwan Jones a bunch. Maybe they will dial up a couple passes but they'll be high percentage to tight ends like Lee Smith.

I would play very close attention to who is activated for Buffalo, as I think it could be a good indicator of what the game plan will be. If Kroft/Gilliam are activated you know the offense will be all Taiwan Jones and bleeding the clock. If Trent Murphy is active they will be sitting a d lineman early, and if a LB & Poyer get pulled out Miami will be able to run ALL over the Bills. Poyer came back in last week after being checked for a concussion. His style is Very physical and they may decide to keep him from banging with rbs this week.

McDermott has talked about giving people who have earned a right to see playing time live action. It just so happens that the circumstances may dictate that he goes uber conservative and gets to the playoffs in tact. JMO it's tough though because of all things they have going for them momentum is a big one, provided you believe in that sort of thing.

I’m in a Hilton/Westgate copycat league and finding five teams is not easy this week. So many unknowns. I think Giants will find their way on the card. Leaning Skins. Lean Texans because I get 7.5 and they have played division teams tough. I think for once the “bad teams” Jets/jags/Bengals all wouldn’t mind getting out there and putting a great effort out.

I have until 5est to pick 5. Lot of $$ on the line

They have Ty Montgomery and Mr. Gadget. They'll be OK.

Steelers CB Haden tests positive, he's out for Round 1.

Back