Week 16 What Are We Learning

Arizona will not win a playoff game

Baker Mayfield will not start another season as QB1

Dallas is good, but the stubbornness on offense at times will bite them in the ass, as will the coach.

I did add Dallas to my portfolio this week, I had to do even though that coach doesn't fit my criteria.

I'm rooting for Dak.

Tom gotta be happy that AB was back with the injuries.

Kliff is not a good coach.

Detroit plays hard, all we can ask right now.

AJ Brown is a difference-maker for Tenny‘s pass attack

Carson isn‘t Rodgers but don‘t count out his ability to step up and make plays when he has to

Matt Stafford mistakes will cause a Ram early-exit in the playoffs

Arizona will not win a playoff game

Baker Mayfield will not start another season as QB1

Dallas is good, but the stubbornness on offense at times will bite them in the ass, as will the coach.

I did add Dallas to my portfolio this week, I had to do even though that coach doesn't fit my criteria.

I'm rooting for Dak.

Tom gotta be happy that AB was back with the injuries.

Kliff is not a good coach.

Detroit plays hard, all we can ask right now.
Agree on all despite my disdain for that Dallas team.

However, you really think that about Baker? Gotta think there’s a team out there that he could and will start for?

Agree on all despite my disdain for that Dallas team.

However, you really think that about Baker? Gotta think there’s a team out there that he could and will start for?

Maybe someone will but they will soon regret signing him, kinda like when jags signed Foles to be starter! I don’t think he any better than Keenam and he a backup. Think he bad now, wait till he gets on a team w a lessor roster!

Chargers made a big mistake hiring Staley, guy was a dc for what 1 year? He wasn’t close to ready to be a HC and it shows, I don’t even think he particularly good at the defensive side the ball.

The Bengals are pretty good and I think Burrow as good as advertised.

Still don’t like the coach but yes they have a pretty good roster and burrow is a stud. The oline still concerns me but outside that they pretty strong everywhere else. Gm did a really good job bringing in fa on the defensive side while drafting weapons on offense last few years. Mixon has always been a bad mofo when he healthy. I thought they were crazy drafting chase over the tackle and still think maybe woulda been better to get the guy to protect burrow but him and chase clearly have great chemistry that has helped him especially early this year. That trio of wrs bout as good as any in the league.

They say how weak this qb draft is and granted I don’t see much depth but Kenny Pickett will be a better nfl qb than Wilson or Laurence, way better than Faker.

They say how weak this qb draft is and granted I don’t see much depth but Kenny Pickett will be a better nfl qb than Wilson or Laurence, way better than Faker.
It’s such a crapshoot. Laurence was supposed to be can’t miss. I don’t see it

It’s such a crapshoot. Laurence was supposed to be can’t miss. I don’t see it

Me neither. I think the talent obviously there but he just doesn’t seem to me like he has the drive or want to of all the best, it’s like he already accomplished what he wanted and now life just a breeze, good for him I guess but I don’t want my franchise qb to have that kinda attitude, he been too entitled his whole life I think.

Obviously in JAX shit ain’t great

True but just doesn’t seem like he cares all that much. 1st time I worried bout him was when he made some stupid comment bout how there more to life than football. You don’t want your franchise qb to be a well balanced individual without the crazy drive! Doesn’t seem important to him and sure as hell doesn’t look like he frantically working on making himself any better!!

I am less inclined to ride the Cincy train. Tons of firepower and potential, no question. Woefully inconsistent this entire season. Barely a top 20 team per DVOA as well as Sagarin. No disrespect to Burrow. Love his game.

I actually came here to say I put a wager in this morning on Cleveland +550 to win the division.

KC beats Cincy, Cleve beats Pitt. Cincy plays Cleveland for the division at Cleveland.

Colts could be a hard out in the playoffs, IF they get in.
They have the Raiders & Jags left

I don’t think kc wants to see them. I know chiefs run d been much improved but stopping the colts run game a completely different animal!! I could see colts winning the afc, if they can keep wentz from making that awful mistake that ya always have to worry bout with him!! He plenty capable of making great throws/big plays, just have to limit how many ya need from him so he doesn’t do the completely boneheaded awful thing that has cost them games. Seems like long as they keep him under 35 throws it less likely to come, 9-1 when they do that. Winless when he has to throw more than that!

I am less inclined to ride the Cincy train. Tons of firepower and potential, no question. Woefully inconsistent this entire season. Barely a top 20 team per DVOA as well as Sagarin. No disrespect to Burrow. Love his game.

I actually came here to say I put a wager in this morning on Cleveland +550 to win the division.

KC beats Cincy, Cleve beats Pitt. Cincy plays Cleveland for the division at Cleveland.

I don’t trust cincy coach, love their talent. Offense should be rated way higher which I gotta believe play calling. There no chance I’m take baker to win anything but obviously if next week plays out you in a great position. I’d like browns more next week if Keenam played qb.

COVID outbreaks can actually benefit a team. I think Herbert struggled against Houston because its defense had so many unknown faces that he didn't know how to prepare for.

I think it is somewhat interesting that the prop bet for Ian Book to rush is at the same amount of rushing yards as Mark Ingram around 31/32 yards. What does this imply about the way they may operate tonight?

I think it is somewhat interesting that the prop bet for Ian Book to rush is at the same amount of rushing yards as Mark Ingram around 31/32 yards. What does this imply about the way they may operate tonight?
Hmmm, good darn question. Thoughts @twinkie13 ?

Odd. He a “runner”? I know he isn’t a statue…

I think it’s more to him maybe having to run via just being 1st start, yea?

When you're a quarterback and you don't know the numbers lining up opposite of you?

Knowing Defenses scheme matters, outside a very few select guys I doubt it makes a lick of difference. Sure some guys might have some tendencies they identify in film that they can take advantage of but in general throwing some guys out there who most likely less talented isn’t causing qb’s to struggle cause they havnt seen film on him.

Odd. He a “runner”? I know he isn’t a statue…

I think it’s more to him maybe having to run via just being 1st start, yea?
In 2020 Book had five games with a long run of at least 20 yards. He ran for 55 against Bama for example. He can certainly run even if he isn‘t Vick

Trying to take a guess at the Week 18 Saturday doubleheader and Sunday night game.

First place to look is the AFC North. The best outcome for NBC would be Cle beating Pitt, Cincy losing to KC and Balt losing to LAR. Then the Cle/Cincy finale would be for AFC North and most likely a winner in/loser goes home scenario. Current odds show it lining up that way. If Pitt beats Cle and Cincy loses then the AFC North games might run on Saturday, with Pitt/Balt first and then Cincy/Cle second.

Then you have the NFC West. If Arizona can stay within a game of the Rams then that would set up a good Saturday doubleheader with the chaser playing the early game and the leader playing the late one. Current odds have the Rams clinching the division Sunday. The Sunday night game could also be in play for the LAR/SF finale with both teams having playoff implications. If Saints lose tonight, but then win last two where they should be favored then Niners would need to win out to hold their playoff spot.

Next is the AFC West. The LAC/LV finale could be a winner in/loser go home game depending on what happens next week. They would both need to win next week, especially LV at Indy which will be a chore. LAC holds tiebreak over LV regardless of week 18.

There's also the AFC East. Bills and NE both heavy favorites this week. Could see them play the Saturday doubleheader with NE/Mia first (bonus points if Miami is still in the hunt) and Jets-Bills nightcap for the division title.

Last is the NFC East. Dallas goes to Philly and the game could be huge for both teams. Philly could wrap up a playoff spot next week.

If the Raiders and Chargers both win next week you'll see their matchup Sunday night and an AFC North doubleheader on Saturday.

If they both lose I think you see an AFC East doubleheader on Saturday and either Pittsburgh/Baltimore or Cleveland/Cincy on Sunday night depending on who wins the Pitt/Cle game Monday night.

Can I just say Tua throws up some of the ugliest prayers I’ve seen when pressure. Reminds me of me trying to play qb at the park with all sorts of fools coming at me unblocked

I'll gladly trade Goff for Baker. Baker didn't practice for two weeks. Coach is an idiot and puts him in bad situations.

Back