Week 16 Lookahead Lines vs BetOnline openers and Discussion

I like that angle better in baseball where they gotta play next day. They could party till 2marro then get ready for Sunday! All it telling me is if I can get bears cheap I’ll prob take. San Fran just won their game of year too pal, bears still playing for potential 2 seed, rams ripe to slip again. You take the shitbag team who just upset division rival. I’ll take the team w way more talent still playing for something., go back and look what would happen to rams against a good team the week after they always upset Seattle once a year.., crazy to me yoi wanna buy sf a week late? Now I’m getting bears cheaper than Seattle who i thought very well could lose?? Holy fuckin shit there no way I’d touch niners w a 30 foot poll! Bears could still be drinking Sunday morning and this a gift from heaven, thank god for “sharps”, books thank them for funding this loss! Lol

You still have one more good time to bet the niners and it ain’t this week! They be in play to fukk rams out the 2 seed after help bears in.,

Hey fellas. Longtime lurker here. I really love this site because almost no one wants to talk week after right after MNF, but y’all do! Just some thoughts on a few games..

Giants couldn’t have played any worse on offense, and the colts couldn’t have played any better on defense. I can see the Gmen covering the 9 what will probably go to 9.5 or higher here. Shurmur ran 11 personell 46 times last game, and the next closest personell was 9 snaps. No one respects our passing game yet we ran 3 wr sets all game long. Mind boggling. Only ran 12 personell on 9 snaps. I think that game was a combination of the titans having a great game plan , and Shurmur not knowing how to counter. The titans hawking Barkley and some of the best tackling I’ve seen this year. Beckham back will help a ton. Usually one player doesn’t matter by this team is thin and needs him to stretch the field. If I can get 10 I’m all over it.

I was impressed with the Jets OL on Saturday. One sack the first series and not another one until the end of the game. Darnold is getting much better at escaping the pocket for positive yards, i expect a very close game against GB next week.

Balty offense reminds me of when Russ Cam and RG3 were running wild with the RPO offense. They dominated for almost two seasons before the Nfl adjusted because it was such a diff scheme. As soon as a coach figures out what’s best against this offense, combined with playing from behind, they will look beatable.the way I see it, You have to bump the TEs at the los get them off their route cover the flat and make Jackson throw downfield. I’ll be looking for BB to scheme thenshit out of them when/If they play balty in the first round. For now, I can see a very conservative first half. I will be on the FH under more than likely.

Hey fellas. Longtime lurker here. I really love this site because almost no one wants to talk week after right after MNF, but y’all do! Just some thoughts on a few games..

Giants couldn’t have played any worse on offense, and the colts couldn’t have played any better on defense. I can see the Gmen covering the 9 what will probably go to 9.5 or higher here. Shurmur ran 11 personell 46 times last game, and the next closest personell was 9 snaps. No one respects our passing game yet we ran 3 wr sets all game long. Mind boggling. Only ran 12 personell on 9 snaps. I think that game was a combination of the titans having a great game plan , and Shurmur not knowing how to counter. The titans hawking Barkley and some of the best tackling I’ve seen this year. Beckham back will help a ton. Usually one player doesn’t matter by this team is thin and needs him to stretch the field. If I can get 10 I’m all over it.

I was impressed with the Jets OL on Saturday. One sack the first series and not another one until the end of the game. Darnold is getting much better at escaping the pocket for positive yards, i expect a very close game against GB next week.

Balty offense reminds me of when Russ Cam and RG3 were running wild with the RPO offense. They dominated for almost two seasons before the Nfl adjusted because it was such a diff scheme. As soon as a coach figures out what’s best against this offense, combined with playing from behind, they will look beatable.the way I see it, You have to bump the TEs at the los get them off their route cover the flat and make Jackson throw downfield. I’ll be looking for BB to scheme thenshit out of them when/If they play balty in the first round. For now, I can see a very conservative first half. I will be on the FH under more than likely.
Welcome to posting officially. STRONG stuff.

Good stuff @Jhart2838 welcome to these discussions, seems like you will have some real good input going forward.

Completely agree on that Giants/Colts point

Agree jets can keep it close, but the line is pk, so its not like ur getting a fg or more. the question is, can they win? that one may be a stay away

I didn’t get a chance to watch Sunday cause got stuck helping a friend move,,, i loved colts and a big part of that was I fully expected Dallas to be flat so more power to them for shutting boys out but feel like that goose egg was prob as much about Dallas and their garbage coaches inability to have them prepared as it was colts defense. Odell is def one of few individual non qb players that matter to me when capping so I’m with you there, much tougher to contain Barkley when you gotta respect odb. No way would I lay it with Indy in this one. How well do gmen defend tight ends? Think that a must against Indy who use their te’s incredibly well out of necessity really since other than ty their wrs are trash.

My thing with balty is until a team shuts what they doing down I like them, with these type offenses in past i feel like the minute one team puts together the game plan and stops them then everyone copies and it becomes a struggle. Lynn’s bread and butter is defense so this very well could be the week! More concerned for chargers offense as I think rivers could get turned over a couple times here. Anyone know how those injured rbs of chargers coming along? This a game they really need their rbs to help in passing attack imo., my 1st thought here is under seeing how deliberate chargers are on offense and thinkng Lynn has the horses to put Lamar and the run game in check, obviously passing d their strength but gotta think the lack of that threat will enable him to use those Uber talented ends to disrupt the rushing attack..,

I’d love to be on jets but don’t feel like any value even tho I think they win. They have been getting to the qb incredibly well last 3 weeks, if that continues I do think they win but the secondary scares me enough that I’d like some points or plus money. lol.

Welcome aboard, you seem like a great addition to our little group!!!

Heard on Dan Patrick today that average NFL team total for Sept/Oct/Nov was consistent at 24, three games into December it's 21

Something to chew on

kJ that kinda goes with what my next post was about to be.

Books came w a strong number on this lions/minny total. I was thinking under but expected to see a higher total, think that 43.5 is just inviting the over bettors in this one. Hopefully it gets bet up to 44 or higher and I’ll be on under. Not buying at all that Vikings offensive woes are all better now that they fired oc them put it on a team ripe to get whipped. Let’s see how they look against a division rival that playing solid defense. Vikings defense been back to that championship level so don’t see lions scoring more than 20. If Vikings offense plays well again I think that would be 24, no way do I see them lighting lions up. Gonna hold out since I think be lot of over bets here, at 44 I like it, anything higher I love it.

Also fair to think with so much on the line if Vikes are up in the mid 3rd qtr it's going to be nothing but play calls that ensure the clock keeps running, passes should be pretty short/conservative

Also fair to think with so much on the line if Vikes are up in the mid 3rd qtr it's going to be nothing but play calls that ensure the clock keeps running, passes should be pretty short/conservative

Totally agree, if their defense handling business as they should vs lions incredibly limited offense with stafford having only 1 real weapon you have to take away there no way Zimmer will risk letting cousins fukk it up!!

Rams -11.5??

Do not think they can win this game by 12 points--

You see GOFF is he doesent get perfect protection is basically a third or fourth stringer in this league--

If GURLEY isnt dominating and being used their weapons look very average---

Robert Woods is a good #2 receiver-- He is decent player-
Crooks is average-- Good deep threat but can disappear also-

No tight end to speak of

No third receiver--

So I can cover GURLEY and take him out, now tell me how is a sub par athletic QB with no movement skills going to throw to just WOODS and CROOKS all game long and win by 12?

The Rams are not a playoff team IMO-

I think about 5 NFC teams could easily beat them in the playoffs without a doubt--

Saints
Cowboys
Bears
Vikings
Seahawks

The Cooper Kupp loss was huge for this O. It was Goff's safety net and bail out. Now Gurley is banged up and may not even play, I'd sit him and get him rested for the playoffs myself. But its Arizona so the Rams could score 17 and cover with how bad that o line is.

The Cooper Kupp loss was huge for this O. It was Goff's safety net and bail out. Now Gurley is banged up and may not even play, I'd sit him and get him rested for the playoffs myself. But its Arizona so the Rams could score 17 and cover with how bad that o line is.

Agree Arizona has had really high expectations but have been a below average team the past few years and really breaking down now . This coaching staff is doing a terrible job.

Dallas -7.5 easy winner-- 31-10 final

Jamies doesent want to face Dallas defense-- They will intercept him 3-4 times easy-- Look for interception props on Jamies.

Off the loss I expect Dallas to rip through Tampas defense-- Tampa had a nice little story mainly the scam Jamies was trying to pull off by playing competent football for the last 6 games and then getting a contract only to do something stupid in the off season--

Dak will bounce back- Elliot runs wild--

This is the blowout of the week

Could be, though i don't think Dallas D can pick anyone off that many times, they just don't get interceptions. However, key note here is TB defense now plays man to man under new DC after playing zone with fired DC Smith. Dak struggles with zone but has had his most success vs man. Cooper has had a few blow up games with DAL, all vs man coverage. Colts last week, played zone. I think its important not to mention the fact Zeke will run wild and this Cowboys team is going to be pissed after last week and ready to clinch at home.

kJ that kinda goes with what my next post was about to be.

Books came w a strong number on this lions/minny total. I was thinking under but expected to see a higher total, think that 43.5 is just inviting the over bettors in this one. Hopefully it gets bet up to 44 or higher and I’ll be on under. Not buying at all that Vikings offensive woes are all better now that they fired oc them put it on a team ripe to get whipped. Let’s see how they look against a division rival that playing solid defense. Vikings defense been back to that championship level so don’t see lions scoring more than 20. If Vikings offense plays well again I think that would be 24, no way do I see them lighting lions up. Gonna hold out since I think be lot of over bets here, at 44 I like it, anything higher I love it.

I think 20 is a very generous estimate for Detroit considering recent results and lack of a receiver or running back and an injured crapper at QB and yeah Vikes D

Could be, though i don't think Dallas D can pick anyone off that many times, they just don't get interceptions. However, key note here is TB defense now plays man to man under new DC after playing zone with fired DC Smith. Dak struggles with zone but has had his most success vs man. Cooper has had a few blow up games with DAL, all vs man coverage. Colts last week, played zone. I think its important not to mention the fact Zeke will run wild and this Cowboys team is going to be pissed after last week and ready to clinch at home.

All great points.. Cowboys were not the team last week in Indy. They had just come off so many emotional wins- vs Saints Eagles etc---

I think they can get back to their game and win at home-- They have a great defense- If their defense plays like they are capable of there is no doubt they cover this game-
Offensively they should do enough, but their defense can give teams fits-- I think Jamies isnt that great- He can easily be shut down-

Dallas at home should have good vibes and come out and win this game over Tampa.

I think 20 is a very generous estimate for Detroit considering recent results and lack of a receiver or running back and an injured crapper at QB and yeah Vikes D

Oh I agree 20 is on the high side, when I do my totals I basically look for ones where if I think my absolute high numbers for team still get us in under the total (or if worst case lowest number can still get it over). If that makes any sense?

FWIW... Cam is prob sitting.. So if you like Atlanta, may want to get on before the line move

I’m sure you right it will move but quite frankly I don’t think Cam has been worth any points over backup the last month. So if it does move the line it actually makes value on panthers imo.

one thing I was thinking the other day: teams who have no shot at making the playoffs, I don't care how good their qb is, should start their backup for 2 weeks. I'm looking at the draft and the teams that need qbs. This draft sucks. You can make a case that Herbert is good, and he may go back to school. Other than him, there is nobody who is a can't miss franchise qb. so play yoru backup and pray that you get a matt Flynn-esque performance out of him.

Like who knows, maybe if Taylor Heineke comes out and plays 2 nice games, a team like the Jags or Redskins will decide that they would rather trade a 5th for a guy like him (or nick mullens or nate sudfeld jacoby brissett, etc) than draft a qb in a draft that has no real good qbs. I know if I am running a team like the Jags, Im not dumping blake bortles just to reach for drew lock or ryan finley. I would rather take a chance on one of these guys, see if they can play, if they can, great you found a diamond in the rough. if they suck, ok ur back in the qb market next year for a much better class.

packers for instance....see if u can get 2 decent games out of kizer and then see if theres a market for him

Since Pans announced they've shut Cam down I'd rank them higher than I was, he was a field liability

Why shöuld the Jags get a QB based on two good games? We need a franchise qb, either a high-profile rookie or a proven vet. Personally i hope for Herbert who seems like a pretty good scheme fit

Imo Herbert is a worse version of Gabbert

Herbert might be the worst QB playing in North america-- I dont undertand it-- THe guy flat out sucks in football--

Is he geting hype because he is tall with long hair? looks like a soap opera star??

Because from football skills this guy is terrible

I think everyone has seen enough of Kizer sucking not to be fooled even if he did play well. Maybe not tho, gm’s can be desperate and stupid at times!

He was the youngest player in the league and he was on the Browns dealing with all of that dysfunction. He may never be anything special at all but I definitely think he will get another chance at some point, Especially if he has learned anything from Rodgers about the position

Herbert might be the worst QB playing in North america-- I dont undertand it-- THe guy flat out sucks in football--

Is he geting hype because he is tall with long hair? looks like a soap opera star??

Because from football skills this guy is terrible

Beyond silly. Have you ever watched him?

Granted, a year where he is the number one prospect is a very weak year, but hes nowhere near as bad as your exaggeration makes him sound

Why shöuld the Jags get a QB based on two good games? We need a franchise qb, either a high-profile rookie or a proven vet. Personally i hope for Herbert who seems like a pretty good scheme fit

OK but what do you do if he either goes back to school or another team takes him? Pretty sure you would much rather them take a flyer on one of those back ups just to see if there’s anything there and if there’s not draft a guy next year then try to talk themselves in to somebody like Lock or finley.

If you told me I either had to trade a fourth rounder for Jacoby Brisset for a year, or draft lock, finley, haskins, ect & spend the next couple of years trying to talk ourselves into him not being terrible, gimme the first option any day

Giants with Odell in his career playing average 7 more points compared to when he sits. 21-14. 7 points!!!! OBJ didn't practice today, very ? again.

He was the youngest player in the league and he was on the Browns dealing with all of that dysfunction. He may never be anything special at all but I definitely think he will get another chance at some point, Especially if he has learned anything from Rodgers about the position

Nobody will ever learn anything of value from Rodgers. Discount double bitch has arm talent few do, so he plays in a way you can’t mimic, I doubt he is anything special in the film room, he a douche, and a crappy leader.

I think the Lions might beat the Vikings straight up. Are the Vikings really THAT much better than the Lions? On a player to player basis yes but in the end both are 2-3 the last 5. Vikings 2-4-1 otr this season doesn't warrant a -6 line- yes I know the road competition was tough. A home win vs the Fins doesn't fix this team. Cook won't run wild on the Lions at home, LIons I'm sure would love to play spoiler. Gonna need Golliday to be a go though I need 1 playmaker at least.

I'm also looking at playing the Bengals ats vs the greatest qb to ever play the game. Divisional game chance to play spoiler and Mixon could go off. Another line inflated because of Boyd being out...I could see this being a closely played game.

Few thoughts

Cleveland my favorite play of the week. Chance for them to guarantee not finishing last in the division, still playing for a winning record which players have said means a lot to them, and chance to mercy rule Hue in the home finale in what will definitely be a great crowd. I expect this to be a 3+ score game.

Ravens more desperate and LAC been awful ats at home this year. They haven’t been hit in the mouth by a defense this good yet this season, 4.5 way too much on a neutral field here.

I wouldn’t be in a rush to fade the Vikes. Not backing them at this number on the road in division, but they have that smell of a team that knows how to win that may be flipping a switch.

Not sure how anybody expects Buffalo and New England to surpass 45 combined points.

Team that just got shut out facing a team that just pitched a shutout-that situationally screams over to me in Indy esp with Odell back.

Laying points with Nick Foles against Deshaun Watson does not feel wise.

Expecting Dallas to cover 7 doesn’t feel smart either.

Seattle home dog in prime time is an auto play, requires no further analysis.

Few thoughts

Cleveland my favorite play of the week. Chance for them to guarantee not finishing last in the division, still playing for a winning record which players have said means a lot to them, and chance to mercy rule Hue in the home finale in what will definitely be a great crowd. I expect this to be a 3+ score game.

Ravens more desperate and LAC been awful ats at home this year. They haven’t been hit in the mouth by a defense this good yet this season, 4.5 way too much on a neutral field here.

I wouldn’t be in a rush to fade the Vikes. Not backing them at this number on the road in division, but they have that smell of a team that knows how to win that may be flipping a switch.

Not sure how anybody expects Buffalo and New England to surpass 45 combined points.

Team that just got shut out facing a team that just pitched a shutout-that situationally screams over to me in Indy esp with Odell back.

Laying points with Nick Foles against Deshaun Watson does not feel wise.

Expecting Dallas to cover 7 doesn’t feel smart either.

Seattle home dog in prime time is an auto play, requires no further analysis.

OBJ is out.

Played Baltimore +11/Seattle +9 on a 6.5 pt teaser. Really like SEA/KC over also.

Want Giants +10 and Bills +14 neither might get there.

Will D. Williams take over as lead back or split time? Think KC seemed faster and more diverse with D. Williams. Asking for fantasy and betting actually.

Damien Williams. Even when healthy, Ware looked to be not the same back he was pre-injury. Indications are they will both get carries but reading between the lines, Williams should be getting the important ones and the larger share.

I remember last year I had Drake in fantasy so I watched Dolphins games. At first. D. Williams was a pain in the side for me as he would get some carries and looked pretty good doing so. Then of course he got hurt. I've always been impressed with him. He runs hard, physical, can catch and has good speed. Plays with passion.

Back