Week 16 Lookahead Lines vs BetOnline openers and Discussion

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
Number to the left? Lookahead line from Westgate LV. To the right is BetOnline opener

Tennessee -10.5/ -10
LAC -5/ -5.5
Dallas -7.5/ -7
New England -13/ -13 (-115)
Carolina -6/?
Miami -4/ -3.5
Indianapolis -6/ -9 (-105)
Houston pk/ -1.5
Minnesota -3/ -5
Green Bay -3.5/ -3.5 (+105)
Cleveland -7/ -7 (-105)
LA Rams -11.5/ -14
Chicago -6/ -4.5
New Orleans -7/ -7
Seattle -1/ KC -1
Denver -2.5/ -2.5

I’ll update the missing ones as they come in

Last edited:
I do know it opened Miami -3.5 and Seattle +1 as I'm on those, saw SF +4.5 and missed it

SEA quickly went to pk and stayed for awhile then now at +1.5

On Steel at poor number +6.5 and got more at +7, wanted to avoid the move to 6

Odd roller coaster movement on KC/SEA, other than that can't argue with movement even though it went against me with Steelers

I bet the over in San Diego (yes I'm stubborn) on the number but will likely come back on that, prefer dog/under....just really think that number goes up. If I end up eating a half point for being wrong so be it...Ravens are on a number not relevant to me but they will be bet

AFC will go through Arrowhead or the StubHub center. Different route than usual. Houston unlikely as would lose tiebreaker to KC and appears to lose strength of victory at first glance to LA

Just thought about that, how pissed would the NFL be if the AFC ship was in Carson? NFL controls tickets to the postseason, wonder if they'd move it for revenue

AFC will go through Arrowhead or the StubHub center. Different route than usual. Houston unlikely as would lose tiebreaker to KC and appears to lose strength of victory at first glance to LA

It will be a different route with unfortunately Patriots winning the AFC again.

It’s ridiculous that no other teams have built quality programs like the Pats. It’s ridiculous.

Colts chargers looking good lately. But all those teams cannot beat bill.

Bill intimidates these coaches. Andy has no shot. Lynn is toast. O brien is a fraud. Reich is young

Pats in super bowl again.

If the Seahawks win this game right now I may jump on KC. Clinch playoff. Need one win to secure 5 seed. Finish with Cards

Seahawks bounce back and beat the chiefs easily.

I think the Chiefs are done this season.

They already peaked. Now when games matter I couldn’t see them even remotely being interested in playing.
Hunt is gone. Mahomes is struggling lately.

I don’t see them adjusting and maholmes fighting for the team to perform.

It’s much easier to collectively just quit and accept that you had a good season and chill out in the off season.

Chargers have no home field edge.

Bill beat Anthony Lynn 99-/100 minimum.

Bill will not lose to Lynn

Bill takes out mike Williams or Allen and it’s over.

Mahomes has completed 66% of his passes for over 900 yards & and thrown 8 TD's to 1 Int against his last 3 opponents, two of which field top of the line defenses. Not sure where the struggle is. Pats have never made the Super Bowl without a first round bye. I believe they're 0 for 4 under Bill in that scenario.

Mahomes has completed 66% of his passes for over 900 yards & and thrown 8 TD's to 1 Int against his last 3 opponents, two of which field top of the line defenses. Not sure where the struggle is. Pats have never made the Super Bowl without a first round bye. I believe they're 0 for 4 under Bill in that scenario.

Patriots played in WC playoffs '05 (W @home), '06 (W @home), and '09 (L @home) - but did not make SB.
Every other year since 2000 they had a bye ('01, '03, '04, '07, '10-17) or didn't make the playoffs ('00, '02, '08).

It will be a different route with unfortunately Patriots winning the AFC again.

It’s ridiculous that no other teams have built quality programs like the Pats. It’s ridiculous.

Colts chargers looking good lately. But all those teams cannot beat bill.

Bill intimidates these coaches. Andy has no shot. Lynn is toast. O brien is a fraud. Reich is young

Pats in super bowl again.

None the other teams are granted the good fortune of no competition in their division. No other team in history has been given a free pass to a automatic playoff birth with at least one home playoff game for 20 years!

you could take one of any 10-12 teams last 15 years and let them play in pats free ride division, bet they be on a 15 year playoff run w multiple Super Bowls.

Chargers Went to foxbourgh last year and outplayed the pats. Unfortunately tyrell Williams was a moron and turned a punt return into a safety that probably changed outcome. Another problem in that game was pats were allowed to hold bosa and Ingram constantly w no flag. Chargers a better team this year, pats are declining. Chargers HFA is not having to go to NE. That will be enough.

Over 100 games talent wins out more than not so bill wouldn’t win 50 of them w these current squads. With how chargers use Gordon and Ekler in the passing game bill can pick whichever wr he wants to take away, chargers have tons of talent and while Allen is rivers main man chargers not reliant on a certain wr to put up points. In other words they ain’t the Steelers who typically easy for bill cause they are driven by just a few players..

Chargers Went to foxbourgh last year and outplayed the pats. Unfortunately tyrell Williams was a moron and turned a punt return into a safety that probably changed outcome. Another problem in that game was pats were allowed to hold bosa and Ingram constantly w no flag. Chargers a better team this year, pats are declining. Chargers HFA is not having to go to NE. That will be enough.

Over 100 games talent wins out more than not so bill wouldn’t win 50 of them w these current squads. With how chargers use Gordon and Ekler in the passing game bill can pick whichever wr he wants to take away, chargers have tons of talent and while Allen is rivers main man chargers not reliant on a certain wr to put up points. In other words they ain’t the Steelers who typically easy for bill cause they are driven by just a few players..

I agree. The Pats should be in decline mode now. Gronk is finished- His body isnt healthy. My question is how quick the wheels will fall of New England now they are not contendors anymore.

Chargers when healthy boast the most weapons on offense by a mile.

Chargers are super bowl contendors for sure.

Was ready to hop on SF again but with the Rams loss Chicago has a shot at a bye if Rams drop one of their last 2 (@ AZ, v SF). Bears should be full steam ahead but still lean SF.

Minn -5.5 (current at Bovada) in a place where they are usually played tough seems like a tall line. Detroit sucks but they would love to help play spoiler. This game would be a bet as to whether yesterday was a fluke or not. The lookahead line is pretty telling on that one.

Baker -7--

Browns have the best QB in the game in Reagean Mayfield-- He is the new Brady-- The 2018 6 feet compact version of BRADY--

Reagan last 2 games-- 7 tds 0 ints 2 wins--

No one player has been more valuable to a franchise--

I stand by my previous statement-- MAYFIELD is the best player in the leauge by a country mile-- His throws are on point- He has accuracy and anticipation is off the charts---

The man is just a mix of BRees, Brady and Manning all rolled up into a fiery QB who hunts for revenge--

Next week REAGAN will go on revenge tour against HUE JACKSON who tried to bench Baker because he was old school out of touch wtih reality and assumed that since is a rookie he should sit on the bench. Well HUE is the one sitting on the bench now--

THe combo of LEWIS and JACKSON is the worst in PRO sports history--

Marvin Lewis " Hue could you scout out this weeks opposing QB"?

Hue Jackson " Their QB Tim Couch is tall slow immobile with bad decision making

This is how lost LEWIS and JACKSON are-- They are the WALMART of NFL Coaches-- When you want to save money you go cheap and hire a Walmart coach.. Those guys are Walmart coaches.

Rams -11.5??

Do not think they can win this game by 12 points--

You see GOFF is he doesent get perfect protection is basically a third or fourth stringer in this league--

If GURLEY isnt dominating and being used their weapons look very average---

Robert Woods is a good #2 receiver-- He is decent player-
Crooks is average-- Good deep threat but can disappear also-

No tight end to speak of

No third receiver--

So I can cover GURLEY and take him out, now tell me how is a sub par athletic QB with no movement skills going to throw to just WOODS and CROOKS all game long and win by 12?

The Rams are not a playoff team IMO-

I think about 5 NFC teams could easily beat them in the playoffs without a doubt--

Saints
Cowboys
Bears
Vikings
Seahawks

Dallas -7.5 easy winner-- 31-10 final

Jamies doesent want to face Dallas defense-- They will intercept him 3-4 times easy-- Look for interception props on Jamies.

Off the loss I expect Dallas to rip through Tampas defense-- Tampa had a nice little story mainly the scam Jamies was trying to pull off by playing competent football for the last 6 games and then getting a contract only to do something stupid in the off season--

Dak will bounce back- Elliot runs wild--

This is the blowout of the week

Seattle -1 over KC--

This is like a playoff game which tells me one thing-- KC will lose this game bottom line!

Carrol vs REID with Carrol at home is like comparing Ohio states dominance over Michigan..

Russel at home with a balanced attack, with the most dominatn player on defense in the NFL in Bobby Wagner should shut down Mahomes--

Mahomes little dances will not work in Qwest field-- Its loud there noisy- Seattle is fast and long and rangy-- Mahomes will have to play this game from the pocket which means its an easy Seattle win here--

At home in must win games Seattle crowd and home field is like no other--

My line here is Seattle -6.5 -- getting good line value based on the Chiefs record vs Oakland Denver Zona's of the league..

damn i like to be early to this thread and be one of the first posters...still gonna post my initial thoughts without reading anything else you all wrote yet, then ill go back...

Really like the Chargers on Saturday. Lamar has done well for the team but this is the first time he will be facing a real run defense, I think they keep him in check. SD should win this one. Yes I still call them SD. Call it 23-16

Man I would kill to see Detroit take care of the Vikings for my birds, but I can't see it happening.

Giants had been showing signs of life until that complete blunder yesterday. I have made money on the Colts all season, but 9 may be too much for them to be laying here. They really should win the game though, potential teaser option

Holy steam already on GB/NYJ! Rodgers is playing right? Cant imagine taking the Jets over the Packers I don't care if the Packers season is over.

Not sure Dallas should be laying 7 against anyone

Cleveland should win

man, this card sucks ass. Could definitely see my boy Nick Mullens stealing another one; that dude is playing like he wants a team to offer SF a 4th rounder for him

Steelers/saints over whatever it is

Like Seattle as a live home dog in prime time.

MNF...holy hell they gotta be abel to flex these because how is this the week 16 MNF game?

initial leans:

SD -4.5
Colts/Pats/Rams teaser should be easy money but im sure the rest of the world will be on it too
seattle +2.5 (will wait for 3)
GB/Jets under 46
Washington/Ten under 37

gotta stan for my boy tyrell, pretty sure that was Benjamin who did that

Note of observation--

Bill Belichek early on at the Steelers 10 yard facing a 4th and half a yard elected to kick the fgoal--

Other than Patricia, and maybe Vance Joseph and Marvin Lewis would just punt the ball lol -- No other coach in the leauge kicks a fgoal there-- THe trend is now to use 4th down routinely-- TEams gamble from past midfield now on 4th and 1--

Bill's lack of thinking and old school tendecies has me believing he could be the prodcut of luck-- Playing in a division with nobody for 15 years plus regularly cheating to get an edge-- Plus losing to ELI twice-

Im not sure Bill is actually one of the poorer head coaches in the league--

Real coaches dont cheat-- HE just had the most talent and played no competition-

D WOWW-- carefull on Chargers-- I have a feeling this could be a good spot for them to mail in the first half--

THey will be trailing I have a feeling-- Ravens give Rivers fits--

Plus I feel the Chargers have spent tons of energy lately and are looking for a day pass on sunday to just show up and chill- Much like Dallas did last weekend.

I cant see them being up for the Ravens, while the Ravens are pushing for playoffs-- This seems like a spot where chargers come back late and win if they do or outright loss is possible--

@Sammy Meatballs good looks. I hear ya, I just think that the ravens has benefited from getting to play the worst run defenses in the NFL for all of Lamars first few starts. I get that they havea great defense, but they are on the road and traveling to a west coast time zone, so its not a great spot for them. One of these weeks a team is going to stop lamar's running and get up by 10 or more and make the ravens throw; I don't think this running offense is sustainable. this could be the week it happens

With the movement on the Jets, somebody has to know that Rodgers isn't gonna play, right?

@Sammy Meatballs good looks. I hear ya, I just think that the ravens has benefited from getting to play the worst run defenses in the NFL for all of Lamars first few starts. I get that they havea great defense, but they are on the road and traveling to a west coast time zone, so its not a great spot for them. One of these weeks a team is going to stop lamar's running and get up by 10 or more and make the ravens throw; I don't think this running offense is sustainable. this could be the week it happens

With the movement on the Jets, somebody has to know that Rodgers isn't gonna play, right?

Rodgers seems distracted lately-- As if his personal problems are over taking his football career-- He just doesent seem like the same guy--

Something to consider there--

When Ravens fall behind its over-- They could easily be blown out when they fall behind early-- Lamar wont be able to throw them back in the game-

Their strategy wont work long term or vs elite teams-- But Harbaugh is very smart-- This Lamar offense has at least bought him job security-- Harbaugh was going to be fired due to FLACCO sucking- Now he has supported Lamar the trendy guy and will be the coach next season--

If anything this whole Lamar offense is nothing more than Harbaugh keeping his job.

Lamar cannot play QB in this league-- ITs a throwing league-- His throwing was not accurate in college--

In the PROS you cannot play QB by throwing inaccurate passes-- You will get exposed--

Not sold on Lamar- Accuracy is something you have or do not have-- Lamar doesent have it

Rodgers seems distracted lately-- As if his personal problems are over taking his football career-- He just doesent seem like the same guy--

Something to consider there--

its def possible, although from what I hear hes had a lot of personal stuff his whole career and it hasn't stopped him before. overall i think they just had a nightmare season. they got rid of McCarthy which is step 1 but philbin isn't their future, they may just call it a season and pack it in. you can even see if kizer comes out and looks good if you can flip him to a team who needs a qb this offseason. I can't stress how much I hate this qb class...if im a team that is looking to change qbs next year, im looking into kizer, brissett hell even nick mullens before I am gonna talk myself into one of these arms that would all be 2nd or 3rd rd picks in a normal draft year

right now I tend to agree with you Sammy, but if lamar works his ass off with a good qb coach and improves that area, then we could be looking at a special type of weapon. you can't teach his ability, you can improve accuracy, so its on him now, if he puts in the work he can be a really unique weapon

Just thought about that, how pissed would the NFL be if the AFC ship was in Carson? NFL controls tickets to the postseason, wonder if they'd move it for revenue

They can’t

This NE team needs a bye more than any other

I think the Jets are a real solid play this week. Packers just got eliminated and with nothing to play for I doubt they show up. Darnold has played great the last two weeks with nothing around him and these idiot players want to save Bowles job.

What makes you think they want to save Bowles more than just playing to save their own?

Minn -5.5 (current at Bovada) in a place where they are usually played tough seems like a tall line. Detroit sucks but they would love to help play spoiler. This game would be a bet as to whether yesterday was a fluke or not. The lookahead line is pretty telling on that one.

Cousins is lurking and tried pretty hard to let MIA back in the game last week. Stafford has been worse though

Bank is such a gooood capper.

We don’t have time for posts like these

I’d argue with the sustainable part. They can move the ball, it’s hard to prepare for the option in a week (a few extra days helps but it’s not like they had a bye) and they shorten the game with this offense meaning LAC who loves to fall behind won’t have time to come back.

BAL defense seems real, harbaugh May not be Belichick but he doesn’t lose games himself and LAC pass rush seems not to matter as much vs this team/style. I’m trying not to root for BAL here as i need a W for my KC West future, but i think they can go into a museum with no HCA and beat this team

KC has no home field edge in the Playoffs.
Off the top of my head. I think the last playoff win in Arrowhead was early 90s?

Last edited:
KC has no home field edge in the Playoffs.
Off the top of my head. I think the last playoff win in Arrowhead was early 90s?

I don’t think HCA = wins

KC has certainly struggled at home in the tournament, but that place is loud and will force a few delay of games/false starts each day while also knocking teams out of sync. Whether that’s enough for KC to conquer its demons and actually win is a different question

My line here is Seattle -6.5 -- getting good line value based on the Chiefs record vs Oakland Denver Zona's of the league..

So Seattle would be slight favorite at KC. Got ya. Chiefs schedule? 4th toughest out of the 12 current playoff teams. Funny how you have the games “lined” yet never post a play or actually provide an objective handicap.

Some of you make me shake my head at times. On one hand, you have Baker Mayfield, the God of football. So good, you can ignore the last 30 years of Browns football. Am I right? Nobody gives a shit about that because it’s about the present. And I agree!

So why then is it “Oh God, Chiefs can’t win home playoff games. Haven’t done it in forever. Andy Reid (Hall of Fame coach) is terrible and they’ll choke again”. Do the Chiefs not have a Baker (better version) themselves? So why the double standard?

Since the last Chiefs win at home. Here are the playoff Quarterbacks: Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, and Alex Smith. How does that have any influence at all on what goes on this season?. None. None whatsoever. This year’s team (whose preseason win total hovered around 8.5/9) has played above and beyond expectations and could certainly continue to do so. If you cap games based on shit from 2004, you prob aren’t making $. You shouldn’t be capping based on shit from 4 weeks ago. Nothing better than the: “since 1990, Cardinals are 8-23 when playing against AFC West teams on the road”. Who gives a shit? It’s irrelevant.

And I love looooove how BB was a genius two days ago and is now not a top 5 coach lol. Thank god for the handful of folks who actually give a shit around here and post non-comedic material.

And if you’ve known me here for the last decade that is in no way meant to sound condescending so my apologies if any are offended in advance.

I’ll now sit and wait while Sammy likes my post and then replies with some impossible to prove “facts” based on his gut.

And I lean Ravens

So Seattle would be slight favorite at KC. Got ya. Chiefs schedule? 4th toughest out of the 12 current playoff teams. Funny how you have the games “lined” yet never post a play or actually provide an objective handicap.

Some of you make me shake my head at times. On one hand, you have Baker Mayfield, the God of football. So good, you can ignore the last 30 years of Browns football. Am I right? Nobody gives a shit about that because it’s about the present. And I agree!

So why then is it “Oh God, Chiefs can’t win home playoff games. Haven’t done it in forever. Andy Reid (Hall of Fame coach) is terrible and they’ll choke again”. Do the Chiefs not have a Baker (better version) themselves? So why the double standard?

Since the last Chiefs win at home. Here are the playoff Quarterbacks: Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, Trent Green, Matt Cassel, and Alex Smith. How does that have any influence at all on what goes on this season?. None. None whatsoever. This year’s team (whose preseason win total hovered around 8.5/9) has played above and beyond expectations and could certainly continue to do so. If you cap games based on shit from 2004, you prob aren’t making $. You shouldn’t be capping based on shit from 4 weeks ago. Nothing better than the: “since 1990, Cardinals are 8-23 when playing against AFC West teams on the road”. Who gives a shit? It’s irrelevant.

And I love looooove how BB was a genius two days ago and is now not a top 5 coach lol. Thank god for the handful of folks who actually give a shit around here and post non-comedic material.

And if you’ve known me here for the last decade that is in no way meant to sound condescending so my apologies if any are offended in advance.

I’ll now sit and wait while Sammy likes my post and then replies with some impossible to prove “facts” based on his gut.

And I lean Ravens

Idk why you even respond to him. He has an audience for his trolling self-contradictory bullshit. Remember he also said the Rams needed a running back lol

gotta stan for my boy tyrell, pretty sure that was Benjamin who did that

I couldn’t remember for sure so I watched a Utube clip of game and unless i was super high it was tyrell bro, that who I thought it was and that why I double checked cause normally like him too, he totally pissed me off that game cause that play was insanely stupid, absolutely cost me the cover by a point and was turning point in why they lost game!! I ain’t mad at him anymore but he better do something big time when they see pats when it counts!!!

I agree. The Pats should be in decline mode now. Gronk is finished- His body isnt healthy. My question is how quick the wheels will fall of New England now they are not contendors anymore.

Chargers when healthy boast the most weapons on offense by a mile.

Chargers are super bowl contendors for sure.

Just a matter of getting over being the chargers! Really only thing in their way!! If pats do indeed run into chargers this postseason I think bosa and Ingram will expediate the pats and Tommy’s demise., they still prob have one more year of relevance unless jets and bills pull off big time drafts to help their emerging qbs, next year will either be one last time if that div looks a lot like the nfc east record wise and pats just sneak in on experience or it will be the end. Either way their reign of terror has come to a end imo. What a fukkn unreal reign it was, we have never seen a team stay on top so long! How many nba dynasties have risen and fallen while pats still here? Despite what I said about the gift of a incompetent division what hoody and Brady accomplished will never be seen again in our lifetimes or the next.

Ps: it is disgusting to me that these are the la chargers (normally I refuse to call them that), if chargers were in sd where they belonged I’d love this team and be rooting so hard for them, instead all I root for is whoever pulled them away from their city charter jet to crash and them burn inside it really slowly before they die!! Hopefully Goodall catching a ride too! What the hell let’s just make it a big jet w all the pieces of shit responsible for direction of this league holding cities and fans hostage while raping every dime they can out the sport before it dies!!!! That all :)

Just a matter of getting over being the chargers! Really only thing in their way!! If pats do indeed run into chargers this postseason I think bosa and Ingram will expediate the pats and Tommy’s demise., they still prob have one more year of relevance unless jets and bills pull off big time drafts to help their emerging qbs, next year will either be one last time if that div looks a lot like the nfc east record wise and pats just sneak in on experience or it will be the end. Either way their reign of terror has come to a end imo. What a fukkn unreal reign it was, we have never seen a team stay on top so long! How many nba dynasties have risen and fallen while pats still here? Despite what I said about the gift of a incompetent division what hoody and Brady accomplished will never be seen again in our lifetimes or the next.

Ps: it is disgusting to me that these are the la chargers (normally I refuse to call them that), if chargers were in sd where they belonged I’d love this team and be rooting so hard for them, instead all I root for is whoever pulled them away from their city charter jet to crash and them burn inside it really slowly before they die!! Hopefully Goodall catching a ride too! What the hell let’s just make it a big jet w all the pieces of shit responsible for direction of this league holding cities and fans hostage while raping every dime they can out the sport before it dies!!!! That all :)

Amazing feat by the pats!

Chargers have some ballers.

They just need to produce in the playoffs

Back