Week 15 What Did We Learn

After last Vanderbilt game I was annoyed at all the coverage Sarah Fuller got for basically making a shitty kick, a squib, and celebrating that.

Yesterday, the extra point, that is what they should celebrate. Yeah I know she's not the FG kicker, she's not the kickoff kicker. Teams have different kickers for different things for different situations.

I just kinda wish the media hadn't ruined it last time because this should've been the moment to do all the stuff they wanted to do.

As happy as I am and as great as last night was.

man, Gator play calling was questionable at best: that’s even too kind. Why not maybe run the ball? Or have another play besides just deep bombs?

After last Vanderbilt game I was annoyed at all the coverage Sarah Fuller got for basically making a shitty kick, a squib, and celebrating that.

Yesterday, the extra point, that is what they should celebrate. Yeah I know she's not the FG kicker, she's not the kickoff kicker. Teams have different kickers for different things for different situations.

I just kinda wish the media hadn't ruined it last time because this should've been the moment to do all the stuff they wanted to do.
I can respect that

Did anyone else see the graphic on tv that put USC ahead of Clemson for spot in playoffs? I don't think I was that high off my rocker last night to notice that.. but yikes, what are they smoking...

Florida - the loss pretty much gives them no shot at playoffs as they would have needed to beat Bama and then some other teams doing their to get in I'm assuming? like Twink said, that play calling was terrible and Pitts means so much to that offense. First half was like 5-6 red zone and no creativity to even get a yard for the opening score. On top of that, just no discipline from that group and the unsportsmanlike penalty by the senior was just egregious on his part.

As happy as I am and as great as last night was.

man, Gator play calling was questionable at best: that’s even too kind. Why not maybe run the ball? Or have another play besides just deep bombs?
Maybe trying to boost Trask Heisman numbers? Mac Jones had an ok day at the office.

Did anyone else see the graphic on tv that put USC ahead of Clemson for spot in playoffs? I don't think I was that high off my rocker last night to notice that.. but yikes, what are they smoking...

Florida - the loss pretty much gives them no shot at playoffs as they would have needed to beat Bama and then some other teams doing their to get in I'm assuming? like Twink said, that play calling was terrible and Pitts means so much to that offense. First half was like 5-6 red zone and no creativity to even get a yard for the opening score. On top of that, just no discipline from that group and the unsportsmanlike penalty by the senior was just egregious on his part.
Good thing they lose straight up.......like u said, 1st drive kill my TT over bet on FL and 1q bet too......

If only for a week, I learned I loved CFB again. Two great games at night that I didn’t turn off at by the 3rd quarter. Obviously referring to LSU and USC games. I needed that, more than you know. Also, didn’t see one minute of big 10 football, that helps!

Next Sat should be fun, tons of games and NFL too.

If only for a week, I learned I loved CFB again. Two great games at night that I didn’t turn off at by the 3rd quarter. Obviously referring to LSU and USC games. I needed that, more than you know. Also, didn’t see one minute of big 10 football, that helps!

In what is a weird Holiday season, I'm loving this into mid / late December...

oh shit. I didn’t realize there was nfl Saturday. Guess ncaa usually long over by now. For all the crappy things bout this year having pretty full ncaa slates thru December was awesome. They should consider doing that from now on!!

UCLA led by as many as 28-10! UCLA had 105 more yards and a better ypp (6.9-5.5). USC had two 30 yard TD drives following UCLA turnovers. Then we know how the game ended (unfortunately so does my wallet).

In USC's 4 games vs teams not named Washington State, the Trojan D is allowing 6.12 ypp, that would rank 93rd nationally.

Penn State won by 15, but they only had 11 more yards and ypp the same. Teams combined 6-of-24 3rd down with PSU converting 4 and MSU converting 2. 4 PSU sacks were big.

MSU led 21-10 HT. PSU scored to open the 3rd and converted a 2pt conversion, which for me would prove important.

At the end of the game MSU had a 1st and goal at the P05 when 4 incompletions ended the game. I was +14.5.

UCLA led by as many as 28-10! UCLA had 105 more yards and a better ypp (6.9-5.5). USC had two 30 yard TD drives following UCLA turnovers. Then we know how the game ended (unfortunately so does my wallet).

In USC's 4 games vs teams not named Washington State, the Trojan D is allowing 6.12 ypp, that would rank 93rd nationally.

Bruins were inside the number for the entire game up until the last seconds td pass. Very tough beat for ucla backers. Any other team runs the clock out and kicks the fg. While the ways usc wins been mostly far From impressive I do love that passing game with Slovis and his trio of really good wrs. With the way ducks get no pressure on the qb feels like they will get shredded.

Stanford - Oregon State was back and forth. Beavers rushed for 237 (6.1)! Beavs outgained them 458-408 (6.6-6.4). Jefferson only had 80 of those yards (4.4). Stanford's Jones ran 22-126y.

The difference in yardage happened in the 1st H (249-191 TY Ore St led 14-9), but could also be accounted for on Oregon State's final drive of the game where they took over at their own 35 with 1:48 left. Ore St QB fumbled on a run at the S30 with :23 left. That was the only turnover of the game!

I do love that passing game with Slovis and his trio of really good wrs
Could the over be a strong play in the ducks/usc game? No denying usc defense is bad.

Yeah, I love the USC QB and WRs too.

Over...but what about their 2nd H scoring lapse vs Wazzou? Guess that shouldn't happen again.

USC game final points: 55, 64, 50, 51, 81

Might be some "recency basis" that inflates the over though? I'm not much of a totals player.

Minnesota did outgain Nebraska 387-308 (5.3-4.7). Gophers also benefitted from 2 Husker turnovers, each leading to TD drives of 35 and 39 yards. Teams were identical 4-of-13 3rd down, but Minny converted 2-of-4 4th down. Both 4th downs were 1 yard TD runs. Much of the yardage difference was on Minny's final 5min clock killing drive where they moved it 64y and ended at the N11.

Maryland outgained Rutgers 471-354 (6.3-4.3) but lost in OT. Mary lost 2 TOs although no points were scored off them. Maryland just gained a little more yardage before their punts than Rutgers.

Rutgers had 33 yards on their first 6 possessions! Atleast RU had their starting QB Vedral. Maryland was playing without Tagovailoa. Vedral was then injured with 5min left in the 3rd Q.

Rutgers kicked a 39y FG with :00 left to force OT. In OT RU made their FG and Mary was sacked on 3rd down and forced to kick a 50 yarder which was missed.

The teams combined for 13 sacks! (RU had 7, Mary had 6 both for identical 33 yards lost).

oh shit. I didn’t realize there was nfl Saturday. Guess ncaa usually long over by now. For all the crappy things bout this year having pretty full ncaa slates thru December was awesome. They should consider doing that from now on!!
September was brutal though for CFB. How about a tournament stating in Dec after conf championships. 16 team.

Back