Week 15 What are we learning

I think about every game went over today except chargers/Titans? Definitely a lot of second half overs.

4 overtime games. All games this week decided by 1 score or less with exception of Bucs/Bengals.

I think about every game went over today except chargers/Titans? Definitely a lot of second half overs.

4 overtime games. All games this week decided by 1 score or less with exception of Bucs/Bengals.
Lions/Jets. Falcons/Saints and Eagles/Bears stayed Under

Saleh is a complete moron who should be fired immediately. Woody spend some of that money and get Sean Payton.
I’ve obviously seen him but but watching today I want punch Zach Wilson in the face. I’m 5’ 7” when the wind blows right but that kid looks like pussy. No way he’s a leader.

Saleh is a complete moron who should be fired immediately. Woody spend some of that money and get Sean Payton.
Not happening. Jets improve from one of the NFL‘s worst losers to playoff candidate and you want to fire the guy for not calling a timeout.

Not happening. Jets improve from one of the NFL‘s worst losers to playoff candidate and you want to fire the guy for not calling a timeout.
He's clueless with his time management and while today was the biggest example it has shown up all season. Between that and his clueless OC I would move on especially if they could get Sean Payton which will never happen.

Ben Johnson should be right up there on head coaching lists this offseason. Just watching yesterday the difference in offensive structure and playcalling between him and Lafleur was startling.

He's clueless with his time management and while today was the biggest example it has shown up all season. Between that and his clueless OC I would move on especially if they could get Sean Payton which will never happen.
Think the writing's on the wall that the locals are going after Payton. I know he prefers LA but I have a hard time seeing Spanos dishing out for him and Staley actually has them in the playoff mix anyway. Keim's been fired, Kliff will be too, have been rumblings about Payton for a while now. Not sure what a trade would involve but have to think it's a 3rd day pick.

Think the writing's on the wall that the locals are going after Payton. I know he prefers LA but I have a hard time seeing Spanos dishing out for him and Staley actually has them in the playoff mix anyway. Keim's been fired, Kliff will be too, have been rumblings about Payton for a while now. Not sure what a trade would involve but have to think it's a 3rd day pick.
I agree about the Chargers not being willing to pay Payton but do you think Bidwell is going to give him the 15 million or so that he can ask for.

Patrick Mahomes set an NFL record yesterday for completion % (36/41) for a game with more than 40 passes, finished with 20 straight completions, threw for 336 and 2 TDs, ran for 33 yards and a TD,

I’m not saying they should throw a parade, but it’s to the point where he does this shit and it doesn’t even phase people.

I agree about the Chargers not being willing to pay Payton but do you think Bidwell is going to give him the 15 million or so that he can ask for.
Yeah since the young Bidwill took over he's been far more apt to spend than his dad. Probably the biggest difference in the team was that change in ownership.

Patrick Mahomes set an NFL record yesterday for completion % for a game with more than 40 passes, finished with 20 straight completions, threw for 336 and 2 TDs, ran for 33 yards and a TD,

I’m not saying they should throw a parade, but it’s to the point where he does this shit and it doesn’t even phase people.
It must be nice having a hall of fame QB in the prime of his career.

It must be nice having a hall of fame QB in the prime of his career.

Not every franchise gets to do this. I savor every moment. Because from 1988-2017, other than the brief Montana moments, we never really knew what this was like.

It’s been said though, this is a special time for QBs. There are some studs that any team would be lucky to have. I just think Pat and Andy are the perfect match.

Payton is almost a lock to be the next Cowboys head coach. Jerruh loves him and he already lives in Dallas. Fat Mike has been on the hot seat since he was hired. Will be shocked if it doesn't happen before next year.

Yeah since the young Bidwill took over he's been far more apt to spend than his dad. Probably the biggest difference in the team was that change in ownership.
Sounds like Payton wants a warm weather climate and why shouldn't he so it really comes down to whether or not he believes in Kyler.

Not every franchise gets to do this. I savor every moment. Because from 1988-2017, other than the brief Montana moments, we never really knew what this was like.

It’s been said though, this is a special time for QBs. There are some studs that any team would be lucky to have. I just think Pat and Andy are the perfect match.
Mahomes plays the game at another level. It really is mindboggling how good he is.

But @Capaholic, why is your team with that QB having to go to OT with Houston? I've never been a Spags guy and I don't necessarily trust their D if they have to go to Buffalo or Cincy.

Payton is almost a lock to be the next Cowboys head coach. Jerruh loves him and he already lives in Dallas. Fat Mike has been on the hot seat since he was hired. Will be shocked if it doesn't happen before next year.
I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn gets the Dallas job.

He had his worst game coaching this team. Cannot argue that. And Zach with the 50% completion percentage just is ridiculous along with his 3rd grader-esque INT. And Saleh with the clueless use of timeouts and awful 4th down defense at the end is absolutely inexcusable.

But you do realize that if the Patriots lose 1 game (Cincy, Miami & @Buffalo)

The Jets make the playoffs if they win their last 3.

Jets fans should be saying their prayers Mike White's ribs heal up fast and he can start that Jax game because with Zach Bust, they're losing Thursday.

He had his worst game coaching this team. Cannot argue that. And Zach with the 50% completion percentage just is ridiculous along with his 3rd grader-esque INT. And Saleh with the clueless use of timeouts and awful 4th down defense at the end is absolutely inexcusable.

But you do realize that if the Patriots lose 1 game (Cincy, Miami & @Buffalo)

The Jets make the playoffs if they win their last 3.

Jets fans should be saying their prayers Mike White's ribs heal up fast and he can start that Jax game because with Zach Bust, they're losing Thursday.
Jets are not winning out regardless and enough of the Mike White savior nonsense when he put up a whopping two touchdowns over his last two starts. Get on the Rodgers train because he is the only one that can save this franchise.

Jets are not winning out regardless and enough of the Mike White savior nonsense when he put up a whopping two touchdowns over his last two starts. Get on the Rodgers train because he is the only one that can save this franchise.
If the Rodgers train leads us the same place your engineering of the Zach Wilson trade led us to, then I'll pass, my friend.

Mike White is this team's only hope. Quinnen back will be enormous...the attention he draws makes the defense even better.

Mahomes plays the game at another level. It really is mindboggling how good he is.

But @Capaholic, why is your team with that QB having to go to OT with Houston? I've never been a Spags guy and I don't necessarily trust their D if they have to go to Buffalo or Cincy.

Very valid question. Let me preface it by saying, I think Andy Reid is a top 5 coach all time. However....., it is clear at times that his loyalty to his coordinators can be a detriment. We owe Spags a ton. We were a defense away from a Super Bowl in 18 and he got us there in 19. Chiefs Twitter likes to bring up that we have a lot of rookies starting and that this was always a transitional defensive year. However, it's boom or bust with this guy. Either we blitz the shit out of a team and cause havoc all day, or (like yesterday) we don't get anywhere near the QB.

With that said, the Texans had 219 yards yesterday. They had under 4 yards per play. The D has been mehhh, but yesterday was just a clown show of costly fumbles and penalties. Same situation cost us the Bengals game.

I think we can beat anyone, but I think we could lose opening weekend of the playoffs to anyone as well.

It's always strange with these dudes. We go out and facefucked a very good Niners team and we need late heroics to beat the Broncos and Texans.

Keep waiting for them to turn it up and Seattle would be a good team to do it against this week.

Side note, I was ready to pile on Butker for suddenly forgetting how to kick, but SB winning Punter/Holder Dustin Colquitt had a decent thread on twitter last night. Apparently, Townsend is fucking Butker on the holds and it's happened a bunch of times. That could prove costly in the playoffs.

If the Rodgers train leads us the same place your engineering of the Zach Wilson trade led us to, then I'll pass, my friend.

Mike White is this team's only hope. Quinnen back will be enormous...the attention he draws makes the defense even better.
I am unaware of any Zach trade that I supposedly came up with. I wanted the Jets ownership to pay Gase a big bonus to lose out instead of winning meaningless games to drop them to the second pick.

Bengals are in the hunt again. Reminds me of last year. Burrow playing at an even higher level now. Can’t wait for that game against Buffalo in two weeks. On a side note; Lou Anarumo is the most underrated coordinator in the game.

If the goal is to be like Tennessee Mike White is fine but if the goal is to beat the likes of Allen. Mahomes, and Burrow in the playoffs we need Rodgers who would have a chance of beating those teams with the Jets defense. Rodgers can come in and call the plays as well eliminating the idiot Lafleur from the equation.

Bengals are in the hunt again. Reminds me of last year. Burrow playing at an even higher level now. Can’t wait for that game against Buffalo in two weeks. On a side note; Lou Anarumo is the most underrated coordinator in the game.
Special QBs can lift even the most inept of franchises and Burrow is just that good.

If the goal is to be like Tennessee Mike White is fine but if the goal is to beat the likes of Allen. Mahomes, and Burrow in the playoffs we need Rodgers who would have a chance of beating those teams with the Jets defense. Rodgers can come in and call the plays as well eliminating the idiot Lafleur from the equation.

But this gives the Jets a year or two window…so then what? Do you honestly think the Jets roster is Rodgers away from a SB contender? That seems as wishful as wishful thinking can possibly be.

But this gives the Jets a year or two window…so then what? Do you honestly think the Jets roster is Rodgers away from a SB contender? That seems as wishful as wishful thinking can possibly be.
I don't think the Jets are beating any of those teams with Rodgers but they would at least have a fighting chance.

One other factor to consider with Rodgers is the Jets can take his cap hit with Sauce, Garrett Wilson, and Breece on rookie deals. I would rather swing for the fences than be happy being a wild card contender which is all they will be with White. I've been a Jets fan long enough to know they will never win another Super Bowl but at the very least Rodgers would be exciting to watch even if its a short term situation.

Very valid question. Let me preface it by saying, I think Andy Reid is a top 5 coach all time. However....., it is clear at times that his loyalty to his coordinators can be a detriment. We owe Spags a ton. We were a defense away from a Super Bowl in 18 and he got us there in 19. Chiefs Twitter likes to bring up that we have a lot of rookies starting and that this was always a transitional defensive year. However, it's boom or bust with this guy. Either we blitz the shit out of a team and cause havoc all day, or (like yesterday) we don't get anywhere near the QB.

With that said, the Texans had 219 yards yesterday. They had under 4 yards per play. The D has been mehhh, but yesterday was just a clown show of costly fumbles and penalties. Same situation cost us the Bengals game.

I think we can beat anyone, but I think we could lose opening weekend of the playoffs to anyone as well.

It's always strange with these dudes. We go out and facefucked a very good Niners team and we need late heroics to beat the Broncos and Texans.

Keep waiting for them to turn it up and Seattle would be a good team to do it against this week.

Side note, I was ready to pile on Butker for suddenly forgetting how to kick, but SB winning Punter/Holder Dustin Colquitt had a decent thread on twitter last night. Apparently, Townsend is fucking Butker on the holds and it's happened a bunch of times. That could prove costly in the playoffs.
Chiefs look like they've been quasi-resting Kelce while still playing him. 12 catches on 23 targets the three games before this one after averaging 7 grabs a game on 10 targets all season. Coming out on a lot of run plays too. They didn't really need to use him much against Denver and the Rams and then today was looking light until Houston put the pressure on. They have another Denver game week 17 and then they'll wait and see if the Bengals put them in the driver's seat on MNF against the Bills.

Chiefs just don't feel like a Super Bowl team to me at all. Can't get off the field on 3rd down, turnovers + awful penalties all year. Right now the path will be Chargers or Miami round 1 and Cincy round 2, Buffalo round 3.

Everyone knows I don't like the Steelers and I like to rag on them whenever I can. But I'll say this: they play to win, they play percentages, and when a team gives them something to use they take it and take it all day long. They ran on 2nd down all day long to set up manageable 3rd downs. 2nd down run/pass ratio was 17/7. And they used that to set up continuous Diontae Johnson square in and square out routes against single coverage.

1st drive of game, 3rd and 6 - Square out for 8 yards
Now they futzed around trying to get Pickens and Sims involved a bit for the rest of the half and spun their wheels. Then on the 1st drive of the second half they went back to it:

3 and 10 - Square out for 12 yards
3 and 6 - Square out for 8 yards

Part of a 21 play TD drive

Then in the 4th quarter, up by 8 and looking to cement the game:

3rd and 14 - Square in for 19 yards - Panthers called an ill-advised 8 man blitz leaving a guy you haven't covered all game with single coverage and no safety help. Moronic call.
3 and 6 - Square out for 9 yards

So, they went 5 for 5 on simple 5 & 6 route tosses to Johnson and the Panthers never doubled or played over/under coverage or anything other than getting eaten alive. All game. Wilks can't say he's playing to win when he does the same shit over and over.

Just like Saturday can't say he's playing to win when the Colts call TEN pass plays while being ahead between 2 and 5 scores in the 2nd half (six fell incomplete and added 3+ minutes of game time for the comeback) and while the nine runs you call in the same time average 5 yards a play. You're just running plays for the hell of it.

And the worst part is those two teams actually have/had a legit path to the playoffs, while the Steelers are as close to buried as you can be.

Everyone knows I don't like the Steelers and I like to rag on them whenever I can. But I'll say this: they play to win, they play percentages, and when a team gives them something to use they take it and take it all day long. They ran on 2nd down all day long to set up manageable 3rd downs. 2nd down run/pass ratio was 17/7. And they used that to set up continuous Diontae Johnson square in and square out routes against single coverage.

1st drive of game, 3rd and 6 - Square out for 8 yards
Now they futzed around trying to get Pickens and Sims involved a bit for the rest of the half and spun their wheels. Then on the 1st drive of the second half they went back to it:

3 and 10 - Square out for 12 yards
3 and 6 - Square out for 8 yards

Part of a 21 play TD drive

Then in the 4th quarter, up by 8 and looking to cement the game:

3rd and 14 - Square in for 19 yards - Panthers called an ill-advised 8 man blitz leaving a guy you haven't covered all game with single coverage and no safety help. Moronic call.
3 and 6 - Square out for 9 yards

So, they went 5 for 5 on simple 5 & 6 route tosses to Johnson and the Panthers never doubled or played over/under coverage or anything other than getting eaten alive. All game. Wilks can't say he's playing to win when he does the same shit over and over.

Just like Saturday can't say he's playing to win when the Colts call TEN pass plays while being ahead between 2 and 5 scores in the 2nd half (six fell incomplete and added 3+ minutes of game time for the comeback) and while the nine runs you call in the same time average 5 yards a play. You're just running plays for the hell of it.

And the worst part is those two teams actually have/had a legit path to the playoffs, while the Steelers are as close to buried as you can be.
Such a different team too with TJ Watt back too.

Chiefs just don't feel like a Super Bowl team to me at all. Can't get off the field on 3rd down, turnovers + awful penalties all year. Right now the path will be Chargers or Miami round 1 and Cincy round 2, Buffalo round 3.
Nobody other than the Bengals would scare me if I was a Chiefs fan ...
My BILLS have a offensive coordinator who is in way over his head ..He refuses to run Cook despite averaging 6.8 YPC last game ...
With the Center and RG out he keeps calling slow developing plays where Allen is required to hold the ball far too long ...

Back