Week 15 NCAA-Gametime

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
YTD: 18-24...+4.71 units (YTD includes every play, including ML dogs)

Alabama Crimson Tide +10 at -110....2.20 units to win 2.00

Alabama Crimson Tide +10 at -120....3.60 units to win 3.00

Alabama Crimson Tide moneyline +290....2 units to win 5.8

Just wanted to get some 10's in here in case it goes down...will be adding on this game throughout week and ML will be in full effect Saturday.

Ball St./Buffalo O60 at -110....1.10 units to win 1.00

GL everyone.

Last edited:
yup.

gl hunt... lean that way too ,,,,0-4 trying to beat florida so i might stay away.

Vk, don't blame you..Florida has been great to me on ML parlays and I lost on them on 1 side bet-Vandy...

I personally have waited a long time for this game ..

Anything can happen and I wouldn't not be in the least bit surprised if this bet lost either.

Vk, don't blame you..Florida has been great to me on ML parlays and I lost on them on 1 side bet-Vandy...

I personally have waited a long time for this game ..

Anything can happen and I wouldn't not be in the least bit surprised if this bet lost either.

i know you have been saying bama is the best team for quite awhile. Expected to see this bet from you.

Yeah, I like them a lot...I just think they match up very well with Florida overall..people might think I'm crazy for saying that though.

Yeah, I like them a lot...I just think they match up very well with Florida overall..people might think I'm crazy for saying that though.

Why ??

I suspect most smart bettors are on the bama side .. not all but most. So doubt anyone calls you crazy.

Bama defense ( especially linebacker speed ) is toughest thing florida will have faced. When florida played against a good dl and speed at lb against ole miss and miamifl , they struggled a bit. Bama is well coached and wilson is a guy who manages football games.

What has bama done to make us think they trail by 17+ in the fourth which is what you are expecting if you bet florida in my opinion.?

GL huntdog...if I was officially posting plays this week I'd tell you I was on Alabama with you...

Why ??

I suspect most smart bettors are on the bama side .. not all but most. So doubt anyone calls you crazy.

Bama defense ( especially linebacker speed ) is toughest thing florida will have faced. When florida played against a good dl and speed at lb against ole miss and miamifl , they struggled a bit. Bama is well coached and wilson is a guy who manages football games.

What has bama done to make us think they trail by 17+ in the fourth which is what you are expecting if you bet florida in my opinion.?

Very true. I just worry that if BAMA does get behind that they won't be able to come back from it against a team that puts up points in a hurry like Florida..Florida can beat you so many ways...

In saying that though I honestly believe Bama will control this game in the trenches which is the most important part of college football besides QB.

Adding: Ball/Buffalo O60

See a lot of points with two good QB's and overall offenses on the fast surface of Ford field...

I actually had Western/Ball over last week unposted...I see the same here especially with weather not being a factor..honestly surprised it isn't in mid 60's.

Good to see you with me weeno..hate being on other side of you in big games.

GL Az..hope it cashes.

I added ML and more 10's tonight....

Think line only goes down because it was too high in the first place..this is the number 1 team in the country, not 12, not 22, not 2, it is THE number 1 team getting points on a neutral field.

If that's squarish, so be it.

Added plays...

Alabama Crimson Tide +10 at -120....3.60 units to win 3.00

Alabama Crimson Tide moneyline +290....2 units to win 5.8

looks like you went big Hunt

Don't worry it's a sound fundamental play......UF backers "sex" appeal squares looking at a corvette. Bama is a sturdy blue collar Chevy. That is where the sharps are looking

I mean seriously.......this should be a pickem.....Look at BAMA undefeated GREAT defense. Both teams have done the same.

DD, NOT JUST FAVORED BUT DOUBLE DIGITS

Wow,

HUNT, #1 team in country that is sound, fundamental, physical, best D in nation

as DD dogs

---You take that ALL day long

If it doesn't work out, you got no regrets you win majority of time

I don't see how it doesn't work out

ROLL TIDE

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2>Def</TD><TD class=datahl2>Avg</TD><TD class=datahl2>Yards</TD><TD class=datahl2>Pass</TD><TD class=datahl2>Rush</TD><TD class=datahl2>Y/R</TD><TD class=datahl2>Y/A</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>ALAB
FLA
</TD><TD class=datacell>11.5
</TD><TD class=datacell>248.5
</TD><TD class=datacell>174.9
</TD><TD class=datacell>73.6
</TD><TD class=datacell>2.7

</TD><TD class=datacell>5.2
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am with you guys on the sexy vs blue collar arguement but what about Florid'as defense ? The stats are basically equal and I cant see how anyone could argue that Alabama played even an equal schedule. Bamas schedule was ajoke seeing how alot of teams turned out .

Bama Home games :
Ole Miss , Kentucky , Western Kentucky , Tulane , Auburn , Miss State and Arkansas State ....seriously its that bad when a solid work in progress Ole Miss team is hands down the toughest offense you faced how can we rate Bama's defense fairly ?

Road games :
Tenny - coach fired great sign of down year IMO but look at the ppg for them
Ark- The Hogs really struggled early in the season on offense when Bama saw them
LSU- took them to OT and with an INT now benched QB had 3 TDs on offense
Clemson - basically see Tenny
Georgia- Solid team and great QB prospect but young OL dealing with njuries and Bulldawgs just never were what was expected . Bama did jump on them but Georgia also made a comeback to keep respectable in the 2nd H....

I just cant see how the seperation bewteen defenses is that great . Fla did not allow a TD to Georgia until backup Cox came n and got a garbage time score had 3 picks vs Stafford . South Carolina pretty solid offense rates up their with Ole Miss 6 pts . COuple of FGs something like 177 yds of offense . LSU basically did the same vs both defenses but will have to say that at least it was at FLA where LSU scored 3 tds.

7x teams failed to break 10 pts vs Florida , 14,15 and 19 ,21 and one team Mis had 31 ...

Ole Miss was just one of those games IMO . Two big TD plays in the 2nd H . Ole Miss had just 10 1st downs , 9-21 passing , 325 total yards (126 on the 2 TDs), 10 penalties to Fla's 5 ...

No real great insight and line seems correct IMO . Dont know how it could be a PK when if Bama is playing LSU in this game they might be -7.5 . Which I use that because that just might be the highest rated Bama Opponent recently ..

I wont back FLA if it is a so called public favorite but have to say strong lean to the Gators ...

Just my opinion havent seen much of FLA to really have a clear picture and well naturally you guys know Bama better then me.

I like Missouri and FLA for whats it worth ...:cheers:GL Hunt!

Who exactly did Florida play???

Not sure anyone on that schedule is good enough to expose Florida's defense

A defense that was not good last year

---Ala Ohio STate, lose mass exodus starters, finish top 5 defense nationally then face big boy LSU and lose

UF has not been as dominant as Bama defensively

Georgia moved it some, LSU ran it some

Not sold on UF defense

injuries big in this one

Agree with the injury list .

The rest though I dont see how anyone can say that . Who did FLA play ? Bama's schedule is a joke they had 1 game maybe 2 they could lose on it @ LSU and @ Georgia .

FLA played decent opponents at least compared to garbage for Bama IMO:

@ FSU 242 yds / 65 plays 15pts ( 3FG , 1 TD)
SCAR 173 yds / 62 plays 6 pts (2FG)
- SC was leading stastical defense in the country coming in and FLA hung 56
Georgia 398 yds /66 plays (neutral field) 10 pts (FG , TD garbage time 18plays 133 yds in 4th Q)
LSU 321 yds /67 plays(18 plays 115 yds in the 4th q) 21 pts (3TDs)
Ole Miss 325 yds /59 plays 31 pts ( 4Tds , FG)- 2 long TDs sort of like busted plays IMO

Bama only played 3 of these teams and no one else worth a darn so right away FLA has 2 tougher games ..

@ LSU 382 yds / 80 plays on 6plays /6yds last two drives of the game ..(LSU ran for 201 as well) (allowed 3 TDs )
@ Georgia 324 /59 plays - ton of late scoring with 2 late TDs but 30 2nd H points ? (4TDs but 1 was punt and 2 came real late)
Miss 359 yds 67 plays 20pts (2TD 2FGs)

Whats the clear difference ?? Okay so Bama D is a tad better then FLAs the offensive gap is HUGE isnt it ? Bama FG kicking tad shaky as well IMO..

7 teams didnt score more then 10 pts vs FLA :

Hawaii 10 , Miami 3, @ Ark 7, @ Tenny 6 , Kentucky 5 , @ Georgia (neutral) 10 , and SCar 6.....thats 47 points ......

Bama 7 teams didnt score more then 10 :
@ Clemson (neutral) 10 , Tulane 6 , WKU 7 , @ Tenny 9 , Ark State 0 , Miss State 7 and Auburn 0 ..thats 39 points

Cant tell me FLA didnt play better progams/offenss in those 7 games ...

Just dont see much difference bewteen how the defenses performed the stats are near identical and FLA schedule was slightily better . Hell FSU and Miami are better then WKU or Ark State ...

Dont think the #2 team laying -10 to the #1 team is because of perception but could be mistaken....Just watching @ Tenny , @ LSU , vs Miss State the Bama offense is weak without momentum or short fields by the defense it doesnt exist . SO if the FLA offense doesnt give the Bama defense momentum and short fields whats Bama going to do score 10,13 , 14 pts ? I would be suprised if FLA ever scored more then 31 but have to think 24-28 will happen...:cheers:

Just my thought process nothing more ...:shake:

Georgia moved it some, LSU ran it some

Okay Georgia playing like shit still finished with 31 points and on can argue blowout but how many FLA games werent blowouts ?

LSU ran it some but also had 201 vs Bama at home on the ground .....

Nut it is not worthwile IMO to compare Clemson to Florida State or if South Carolina is better than Mississippi State

----I believe all the teams on the schedule, for both teams, did not pose any challenge to the level BAMA and UF are playing on right now.

BAMA could roll South Carolina as well and hold them under 10----now would they blow them out like UF did?? Probably not

But that does not make any difference about which is the better team

-----Margin of victory IMO against lesser teams just doesn't mean much. See it all the time.

Only thing that matters is when competition level is raised, that is the REAL TEST

Usually in similar scenario's in history------The flashy UF type team that blows these weak ass teams out like you would not believe, loses, to a team like BAMA who handles same level of competition, in control, but just doesn't keep adding syle points.

IN Fact when I compare teams, I try as much as possible to leave out games where there was no competition. It just does not matter at all.

I could really say that about both these teams that they faced limited competition so hard to find comparative analysis-----some teams face great vs. weaker teams not as well vs. big boys and vice versa

--Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss maybe the best teams these two faced?? Both blewout Georgia equally, Ole Miss hung in there, LSU take nothing from it except BAMA faced adversity plus for them. @ LSU and matchup wise was much more difficult test cannot compare it to UF win over Tigers

The one thing I can say is this-----we have to look at what kind of team translate's over to the "big game" when they face true competition

UF's offense has statistically been better over the course of the season but once again that means absolute crap due to comp

Bama's defense has statistically been better over the course of the season

---What ususally translates in these big games is PHYSICALITY and the better DEFENSE.

I like to point to Ohio State. In 02 compared to 06 or 07. Weak DT's 06 and 07 and non physical linebackers. 02 was non-sexy team but STOUT as get out like BAMA. Well 06 and 07 look at how they rolled that weak big ten competition compared to 02. You know it doesn't mean anything it's all about translating to big time comp

I think BAMA is more physical on both lines, IMO. I DO NOT want to short change Florida. Tebow is as phsycial a player in cfb, Meyer is as mentally tough a coach around.

I also think BAMA has a better more dominant defense----hard to tell for BAMA as well because of skewed comp you could say-----but it's what I believe with my own two eyes after watching games. Big DTackles Cody and company

UF slants alot with Dlineman, but not as much talent at DT position they do it alot with great schemes and coaching

BAMA has to play UF even on special teams. That is where UF racks up alot of hidden points

I do not see anything here that separates these two teams that should make one a favorite over the other

----Both have dominated competition on schedule and won every game except for Florida who lost.

----The ONLY THING is style points is margin of victory vs. crap teams that server no purpose for comparison. I mean South Carolina you know how unimpressed I am by that 56 on South Carolina? I am ultra UN IMPRESSED. Souith Carolina sucks on offense, they throw picks, bad special teams
----They are a train wreck trying to kill themselves, and UF is a blowout ready team that feeds off that. But you have to look at the value of point margin's, what does it say truly about how they stack up against better teams

Style does not translate over to big games.

Great stuff SN and O-State..and I appreciate the luck.

I have capped this game to death..almost for a month now.

I had the line set at 7.5 to 8, and I was a little surprised to see the early steam on FLA, but it is what it is.

Saban expects nothing but perfection, as does Meyer...but IMO Saban is a different animal, on a different plane..this team has prepared for Florida for weeks....they are ready...and I know Florida is as well, but I am getting 10 points, 10.....10....10.

Bama has probably the best Oline I have ever seen in my life. It will be interesting to see if Meyer blitzes the corners and safeties a lot, becasue that is the only way they really will get to JPW imo..and I expect that to happen, and JPW is a senior he will manage the game..he doesn't make many dumb throws..sure he makes a few but not many. He will definitely have to play a perfect game to win Saturday and I believe he has the mindset to do well.

Tebow is great, but every time a team can get any kind of pass rush on him, he struggles...and with Bama's pass rush I think he will make mistakes and force things in the secondary that aren't there, and Bama's secondary is one of the best in the country, if not the best.

LSU running on Bama scares me..that is the one game that scared me..I am hoping that is an abberation and the bama offense can control te clock and have solid field position throughout the game..

Florida is damn scary..I know this..and I wouldn't be surprised if they covered one bit at all..but that's why we gamble right?

As far as the schedules go....

Imma just say this...

Bama played DOWN to the level of their competition, much like Florida did in their national championship year in 07.

Bama does not have the type of offenses that go in and just roll people..they methodically move the ball and wear you out, whereas UF has the big play offense that puts 70 on everyone.

I try and look at the type of opposing offenses and opposing defenses that teams struggle with instead of common opponents....

Bama played a few spread teams..although they were no where near UF's level, they stopped them. Bama beat UGA just as bad as UF did..on the road, at night, all black..UGA witnessed a funeral.

I mention UGA because I believe they have the type of offense that can put fear in people and Bama rolled them...and it wasn't a fluke.

You cannot turn the ball over on Florida, they feed off that and score in a hurry..If Bama is mistake free, they can win.

UF defense was not bad last yr, it was their pass defense which was horrible. Teams found it very tough to run on them last yr. This year the secondary is a lot more experienced and they've improved a great deal.

Bro, I'm going to hope for a Gator SU W by 7...sorry can't do anything about your losing ML wager....:shake:

What disturbes me is how Bama backers here can denigrate UF's schedule while managing to give mad props to Bama's season...y'all know they play in the same conference and UF had a tougher SOS, right?

Also, every Crimson Shades capper is giving props to Bama's D (rightfully so...at least to their run D) while ignoring the fact that UF has actually given up 12 less points on the season...:seeya:

And, the last fact all the Houndstooth wearing supporters seem to be missing is that UF is #1 in rushing in the SEC and has gotten over 1700 yards from their TB position.
So obviously, they are not a one dimensional, "fun-n-gun" type team....or a one dimensional "run-Timmy-run" type team...if Bama stops this juggernaut they definitely deserve a spot in the NC game.

GL with your +10...and health with that ML....:shake:

Mully :cheers:

Last edited:
UF defense was not bad last yr, it was their pass defense which was horrible. Teams found it very tough to run on them last yr. This year the secondary is a lot more experienced and they've improved a great deal.

#2 in the country in QB efficiency rating...#2 in the country in INTs....:cheers:

I agree.

Bro, I'm going to hope for a Gator SU W by 7...sorry can't do anything about your losing ML wager....:shake:

What disturbes me is how Bama backers here can denigrate UF's schedule while managing to give mad props to Bama's season...y'all know they play in the same conference and UF had a tougher SOS, right?

Also, every Crimson Shades capper is giving props to Bama's D (rightfully so...at least to their run D) while ignoring the fact that UF has actually given up 12 less points on the season...:seeya:

And, the last fact all the Houndstooth wearing supporters seem to be missing is that UF is #1 in rushing in the SEC and has gotten over 1700 yards from their TB position.
So obviously, they are not a one dimensional, "fun-n-gun" type team....or a one dimensional "run-Timmy-run" type team...if Bama stops this juggernaut they definitely deserve a spot in the NC game.

GL with your +10...and health with that ML....:shake:

Mully :cheers:

Thanks Mully...

I am scared of Florida and what they can do in all 3 phases of the game. They can run, throw, tackle, you name it...but, I also feel Alabama has the type of team that can contain this offense a tad..enough to get a cover hopefully.

I also feel Bama can and will run the ball, nothing can change my mind there...BUT this will be the best defense they have seen this year bar none.

Florida has had a tougher schedule. I have no way to discredit that even though we could debate the how's and why's forever.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this bet loses. Florida is a damn good football team.

I know you will be rooting like crazy for your Gators mully, hopefully it's a good game.

:cheers:

Thanks Mully...

I am scared of Florida and what they can do in all 3 phases of the game. They can run, throw, tackle, you name it...but, I also feel Alabama has the type of team that can contain this offense a tad..enough to get a cover hopefully.

I also feel Bama can and will run the ball, nothing can change my mind there...BUT this will be the best defense they have seen this year bar none.

Florida has had a tougher schedule. I have no way to discredit that even though we could debate the how's and why's forever.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if this bet loses. Florida is a damn good football team.

I know you will be rooting like crazy for your Gators mully, hopefully it's a good game.

:cheers:

:shake:

nice hit on the total tonight .. takes some pressure off tomorrows game anyway. Will be cheering for you hard.

Any other leans for tomorrow ?

Thanks Tide!

:shake:Mully

VK, yeah..got a little lucky tonight, but I'll take it.

I lean Mizzou, hoping to get more than 17 then make a bet on them. Only problem is I do not see them winning SU at all and it's hard for me to bet on a dogwithout envisioning a SU win if that makes any sense?

I will probably bite if it's 17 or more.

GL Hunt, We both must be livin right to hit that Buffalo OVER tonight. Love the Bama enthusiasm, I posted it at 10 but got 10.5 at BM with the opener. Will be my largest wager of the season thus far. Gonna be a great football game..

GL Hunt, We both must be livin right to hit that Buffalo OVER tonight. Love the Bama enthusiasm, I posted it at 10 but got 10.5 at BM with the opener. Will be my largest wager of the season thus far. Gonna be a great football game..

Yeah, Hoke going for the onsides kick helped us out a ton..made up for not going for two.

Great number you got at 10.5

I hope it's a great game..nervous...

I know you don't know much about me, other than I am an Alabama fan and I'm backing them on my first play on the forum.. But I wouldn't be too nervous, I think the ML bet is the only one that will be in jeopardy in the 4Q. I think there is a very real chance Bama has a nice lead late and Florida has the offense to storm back late and take it down to the wire. GL bro

I know you don't know much about me, other than I am an Alabama fan and I'm backing them on my first play on the forum.. But I wouldn't be too nervous, I think the ML bet is the only one that will be in jeopardy in the 4Q. I think there is a very real chance Bama has a nice lead late and Florida has the offense to storm back late and take it down to the wire. GL bro

Thanks bro, I appreciate the positivity...I can see that scenario at the end as well. I can see a lot of scenarios...some good, some bad...I just want to see a good game more than anything.

Ran short on time for a few days so never had a chance to respond .

So here it goes in response to the O-State and Hunt's later post ( using cut and paste for some):

Nut it is not worthwile IMO to compare Clemson to Florida State or if South Carolina is better than Mississippi State.

I disgree because week in week out the quality of teams you oppose is important . If you have a BYE week sandwiched around two real crap teams its like a vacation but also could be a negative facing those teams then seeing a good competition. Not that it applies here . Plus I will say this every and I mean day situations dictate results . There is no perfect way to weight the opinions one has on the SOS but to me its very valid.

In this situation alone you have a Clemson team who was supposed to be good and a Bama team who was supposed to be a year away . Well maybe Bama wasnt a year away( ya think at 11-0..lol) and Clemson wasnt very good . So the win loses a ton of luster . It winds up a WIN over against a middle of the pack ACC team. South Carolina doesnt have to be very good but how many people said oh its to many points . Thats a ridiclous a spread . Then FLA beats them to a pulp . How bout FSU ? It's one thing to win at FSU , its another notch to do smoke them , the KEY to the entire equation and what makes it impressive is the fact they were somewhere bewteen 14 to 17 pt favs . Do people realize that makes FSU somewhere around 24 to 28 pts worse @ Florida and thats before they get steamrolled.

That is an INDICATOR of just how strong FLA is . Furthermore scores , finals and blowouts are correct in not being much of an indicator of anything . However if you can CRUSH a team and do it in the context of the game that is IMO very impressive especially when it happens repeatedly .

----I believe all the teams on the schedule, for both teams, did not pose any challenge to the level BAMA and UF are playing on right now

Sorry but disagree . The only challenge Bama had down the stretch was @ LSU and they very easily could have lost that game. If not for the missed FG before half which really could have been a nice boost entering halftime and if Jarrett Lee wasnt constantly throwing to the opposing team . Same corner had 3 picks I think. Again while LSU fell apart after this LOSS still it was a medicore team .

Now wonder how people gave LSU a chance midseason @ FLA as 7 pt dogs ? I recall pounding the hell of the Gators knowing LSU was overrated .

Margin of victory IMO against lesser teams just doesn't mean much. See it all the time.

Only thing that matters is when competition level is raised, that is the REAL TEST

The tell all when competition level is raised is what was the SPREAD , what was the perception of the spread and how did the team perform vs the spread. If it did well was it in the context of the game . Beating a team as 4 pt Dogs is not the same as beating them as 7 pt favs in any sport in any game ...we have seen coaches use pointspreads as motivational factors and players sure get angry when the feel disrespected by a spread...

If teams have common opponents its very important to understand the role of the pointspread. It's very easy to be favored by 2 or 3 TDs and take an opponent lightily . Hence Bama 's issues with an inconsistent offense just as it impressive that week in week out FLA can play consistently enough on both sides of the ball.

IN Fact when I compare teams, I try as much as possible to leave out games where there was no competition. It just does not matter at all.

Everything matters. There are NO positives taken from those sort of wins but there can be negatives . I gloss over the weak teams but I want to make sure they still play well . Bad habits are symptoms of problems . Thats why players practice to avoid bad habits and reinforce good ones. Weak competition for good teams is essentially practice IMO . A team like Bama who has had trouble taking advantage all season of inferior teams and closing the door will IMO continue to struggle with until they have shown it is no longer an issue .

--Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss maybe the best teams these two faced?? Both blewout Georgia equally, Ole Miss hung in there, LSU take nothing from it except BAMA faced adversity plus for them. @ LSU and matchup wise was much more difficult test cannot compare it to UF win over Tigers

Really both teams blew Georgia out equally? Equally doesnt exist nor does level playing fields . Georgia was riding high and thought to be very good when Bama met them . Then Bama shows up and embarrasses them in the 1st H and while they werent hard earned how is allowing 30 points to Georgia the same as FLA blowing them out and allowing much less? Everyone seems to dismiss the fact that when FLA blew teams out they still werent giving up any opposition points .

take nothing from the LSU game ? The offense was struggling and they opposing team ran for 200 yards its only test after Georgia . You think LSU would have even competed with FLA @ LSU? Not IMO .

Ole Miss is the only game to take nothing from IMO. Fluke loss for FLA when Ole Miss just had timely plays . Ole Miss was outclassed in the 1stH but the 2nd H bama couldnt close the door and found themselves hanging on. Real reason I dont take much is this was teh schizo Ole Miss team that was inconsistent and not the same team we see now. Both faced schizo Miss IMO thats why to me it doesnt mean much.....

UF's offense has statistically been better over the course of the season but once again that means absolute crap due to comp

Bama's defense has statistically been better over the course of the season

---What ususally translates in these big games is PHYSICALITY and the better DEFENSE

Really dont agree with the comment on USF offense .

So Miami's Defense , FSU , SoCar , Georgia , Tenny , LSU , Kentucky are bad defenses ? These are some of the better defenses in the country if I amnot mistaken. Granted offensive ineptness aids to the opposition scoring as well but those are some damn good units to face .

Harvin did it against the nation's third-ranked defense, too. South Carolina led the SEC in total defense, allowing just 256.5 yards a game, and ranked third in scoring defense (15.6 points a game) and second against the run (101.4 yards a game).
The Gamecocks also hadn't given up more than 24 points in any game, and all three of their losses were by seven points.
Not anymore.
"We heard about that all week. They came out saying they were the best defense," Hicks said. "We felt like we had something to prove, to show America we're the best defense no matter who's in - backups or starters."

Bama's defense is statisically better where ? They played 1 OFFENSE all season -Georgia . WKU, ARk State , Tenny , Auburn gimme a break...Miami , FSU and SCar no world beaters but better then that

What translates in the big games is the Frauds get exposed . Maybe Florida is a fraud but certainly think its much more likely to be Alabama ...

All this talk about DEFENSE is wrong IMO. Defense wins championships . Okay then how many football teams won championships with JUST A GREAT defense ? In both CFB and NFL? So I think there are alot more ingredients then DEFENSE to winning Championships/ Big games . Its called BALANCE and dont see that as something Alabama has. FLA has a balanced offense which can succeed on the ground , through the air and even on Tebow's legs . They have a very good defense who really cares if its as goodas Bama's . We know that Bama's offense is not as good as Fla's.

BALANCE wins Championships not great defenses . I'll take a good defense and a very good offense any day .

Dont see the Ohio State comparision as anything to do with this game . Again different situation . Was Ohio State 10 pt dogs to the #2 in the country ?

I also think BAMA has a better more dominant defense----hard to tell for BAMA as well because of skewed comp you could say-----but it's what I believe with my own two eyes after watching games. Big DTackles Cody and company

You are only as good as the competition you face . When you are better because you are simply physically bigger that is not better IMo. All your eyes see is inferior competition. Not saying your eyes are opinion are wrong but alot times we dont believe things to we see them but that can be to late . I try to be 2 steps ahead of the pack. Its not when I see in the games as what I see in the lines that helps me with the outcomes..

To me STYLE points arent accumulated in the 1st Half . What OU did @ Okie State thats style points . If your blowing a team out by the end of the 1st Q thats not style thats dominance .

I just get the feel that FLA gets the respect that was given to Texas Tech in years past that they are almost a gimmick.

Hell you know football alot better then me but for me decisions are based on spreads, situations and perception......I love how this game stacks up. Keep hearing how everyone will bet FLA this and that meanwhile if you ask every guy walking down the street wh they like I would be shocked if it wasnt ALABAMA and OKLAHOMA.

As far as Hunt's response .

I think Bama played down but unintenionally . You as avid fan knows there was alot of concern with the offense struggling so bad early on .

You also know that Georgia was caught off guard by Bama. The Bulldawgs were off a win @ ASU that was supposed to good (look at it now) and never saw it coming IMO. Plus that game was 2 months ago.

Not sure if UF defense will wear down quite as easy . One thing about scoring alot which makes their defensive even more impressive is the fact you give the opponent so many more possessions. Look at every team with a good offense in CFB and look at the pts allowed . Nothing compares to FLA ...OU , Tulsa, TT , Texas....

I think if Bama is hanging there hat on Georgia its fool's gold. Georgia just was not was what expected and they believed the hype ever bit of. Stafford selling out his OL tells you these guys have egos IMO. It's simple Georgia was a pretender....

This game boils down to the Bama offense plain and simple. They dont play well then their defense will wear down. I think Bama struggles and maybe loses @ tenny if they had any offense which I mention because the VOLS defense was solid . So was LSU . I was unimpressed with how Bama played in both . At Tenny the Tide did almost nothing on offense till the last drive before half 25plays 83 yds on the 1st 5 drives . They led 13-3 but Tenny missed 2 FGs should have been 13-9 and Tenny had the ball to start deep in Bama territory one possession . Again an offense maybe makes them pay more then FG . So both teams had 3 scoring chances also Tennys 2nd FG came from good field position after punt ........

Those 2 away games in the last month or so is what I weigh Bama most on ....

Anything can and will happen this is just my thought process and its unconventional possibly but its my approach...

Good Luck today fellas ......:shake::cheers:

Hard to disagree with those points SN...

I guess I am turning the adversity Bama has been through and the tough games as positives in capping this contest. We all know Florida has the ability to blow them out, I'm just banking, obviously, that doesn't happen.

Of course I am worried about Bama's offense and JPW, but I think with an effective run game it can mask those issues...the question is will Bama run on Florida? I think they will..but can see how others won't think so.

Good luck big homie, decided w/Florida

Either way your buying drinks if Bama Covers

And Sluts and Jag Bombs on me if Florida covers

19-25...-2.09 units YTD

Obviously took a huge risk on Bama..I wouldn't do it any other way either if I had to do it again. They had the lead going into the fourth..Tebow was just too good.

Tough one on Bama Hunt, As you said.. A 3pt lead with a Top 5 defense in the nation is all you can ask for backing a DD dog. Bama decided to go back to their 2007 offense in the 4th today. Great effort by Tebow and Co. and a huge disappointment for Bama, to play their worst quarter of football this entire year in the most important quarter for them in prob the last decade. Right side, wrong result.. GL bro

I agree Crimson..thanks bro...I was pissed as all hell right after game, but I'm over it now. It could have gone either way, there was no sucker bet or Florida was a favorite this high for a reason BS...

Agree 100%, Bama ML tickets were still VERY alive until the second half of the 4Q. The ATS loss was just gut-wrenching..

Agree 100%, Bama ML tickets were still VERY alive until the second half of the 4Q. The ATS loss was just gut-wrenching..

Yep..I could go on and on, but don't want to be a sore loser.

I'd bet it tomorrow at 10 again though.

Back