Week 15 ML Dogs

ProV1Colt

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Championship Game Week

What Dogs will pull the upset?

Thanks again to EVERYONE who contributed this this thread all year. It’s one of the best and too many to thank. I appreciate all of you.

After this week, I will be doing a ML Dog Bowl Thread. So be on the lookout for that one after this week.

Let’s post some thoughts on some ML Dog winners!

Go.....

Assumption would be Ridder is playing, if so that creates a new variable we didn't have last week. It isn't an automatic that Ridder makes their passing game better than Bryant, whether he was playing injured or not, he has had some wtf games. But it certainly opens more things with him running. And I never trust Memphis, but obviously they can explode. Cincy held them somewhat in check first time around.

I suppose it would come down to if the defensive centered staff of Cincy can improve more last week to this or the offensive centered staff of Memphis can improve more. And then Ridder the x-factor.

U-La-La could be interesting. Curious if last week was rivalry base, or a look ahead. They are much better than U-La-Mo, but didn’t show that way.

I have ruled out Miami of Ohio, Georgia, Wisky, Hawaii & UVA on the ML

This is my list of possible ML Dogs in remaining games in descending order

1. Cincy - I have already taken the points & ML

2. ULALA - seems like a reasonable chance, it's the Sunbelt after all

3. Baylor - I don't think the last game was a "fluke." OU lost to K State and then beat Iowa State, Baylor and TCU by a combined total of 10 points.

4. UAB - FAU is the likely winner, potentially big. I cannot take UAB and probably will give the points and take FAU

5. Oregon - I think they suck in relation to their prior hype. I am pleased to say they are a team I did not lose any $$ on this year. They are last on my list for a ML win and will probably pass on this game

3. Baylor - I don't think the last game was a "fluke." OU lost to K State and then beat Iowa State, Baylor and TCU by a combined total of 10 points.

4. UAB - FAU is the likely winner, potentially big. I cannot take UAB and probably will give the points and take FAU

5. Oregon - I think they suck in relation to their prior hype. I am pleased to say they are a team I did not lose any $$ on this year. They are last on my list for a ML win and will probably pass on this game
Bones, you and I are thinking the same as far as seeing top-bottom. Like this list. Will probably take a small stab at the afore mentioned.

Seems like a great spot w the rematch. Thought it was impressive hanging last week when game meant far more to Memphis. Def like the points., I think Uga gonna give LSU all they want as well.
I laid it with LSU. Offensive ineptitude has spoiled me on the Bulldogs. Great parts, but something has been a miss offensively for the ast month (not counting GT). Defensively, they don't pass rush well. If they can't get home, Tigers are going to eat them alive. 7 wasn't s hefty ask.

I laid it with LSU. Offensive ineptitude has spoiled me on the Bulldogs. Great parts, but something has been a miss offensively for the ast month (not counting GT). Defensively, they don't pass rush well. If they can't get home, Tigers are going to eat them alive. 7 wasn't s hefty ask.

I got 7.5. I look at the auburn game and think this be similar.

I got 7.5. I look at the auburn game and think this be similar.
It is a good argument, but the defenses are different. AU pressures, which is what is needed to get Burrow off his spot. UGA, sound in what they do, holds the line and stops runs up the center.

LSU should pick them apart if they decide to do this. CEH may not get loose in the run game, but he is very effective out of the backfield. I am not going to attempt to sway you one way or the other. Just think LSU will be able to dictate tempo. Something UGA is illequipted to do.

Alabama sacked Burrow 6 times and hit him a dozen other times. Pressure may be overrated. That said, UGA’s defense is much better than Alabama’s

The thing with Auburn was the pressure forced fewer down field throws. He was still 32-42 for 300+ but the YPA was probably the lowest in a game all season. Even with that said, it didn’t really stop LSU from moving the ball.

Georgia was also criticized for their lack of QB pressure last year.

Definitely can see a few of these.

Baylor is at the top of my list. Their defense is underrated and Rhule is solid in all phases. They’ll also want payback for choking away a big lead in Waco. Hurts also makes some dumb decisions under pressure.

Far be it for me to support Oklahoma because I haven't done so all year. But one thing that gives me pause on Baylor is that Lamb DNP last time vs Baylor. I think that is kind of a big deal. Anyone think the same?

Then for Baylor, their yards per play of 5.9 vs OU was actually their third worst all year....ie they really couldn't do shit on offense (KSt and ISU by comparison had considerable more offensive success in their near upsets).

What if Hurts doesn't make those mistakes the first game...the INT and the long return...the fumble at the goal line, the fumble while trying to escape pressure...man, I mean, OU would've straight blown them out...and that was without Lamb.

Not sure I've really needed sold on seeing OU get upset all year, I've been game of seeing the potential just about every week, but now I need sold on it more.

Maybe it is just me, because I am such a contrarian, that now Baylor almost upset OU the first time maybe I'm just subconsciously flipping the script and doubt the upset.

Back