Week 15 Discussion Thread

Fuente said that he pulled Hooker because he bobbled a snap on the first series, but on that same play Hooker did not run down the play clock before the snap, which was Fuente's plan going into the game. There is something going on between Hooker and Fuente and for some reason, Fuente does not trust him. It is not a good situation going into your state rivalry game. VT had beaten UVA 16 times in a row until UVA won last year. VT has not had a losing regular-season record since 1992, my sophomore year there and that will end this year. VT currently has the longest active bowl game streak at 27 years and unless they let teams with losing records play in bowl games this year, that will end. So this is a pretty important game for Fuente. Beat UVA and maybe all is forgiven. Fuente lost the team going into the final regular-season game of 2018 and the team was in turmoil then. Things do not seem much better now. Here is an SI article about 2018.

Solid info broski

I don’t know if there is a bowl thread yet, but they were talking today about any teams refusing bowl games. The list is lean and bad...

it’s going to get real interesting there is so much dogshit teams

I don’t know if there is a bowl thread yet, but they were talking today about any teams refusing bowl games. The list is lean and bad...

it’s going to get real interesting there is so much dogshit teams

If two dogshit teams want to be there could still be good. So often bowls are blowouts anyway.

If two dogshit teams want to be there could still be good. So often bowls are blowouts anyway.

im kinda fond of the 2 shit teams over theory. Lol. Plus we live off shit teams so should be easy enough to cap!!

Fuente said that he pulled Hooker because he bobbled a snap on the first series, but on that same play Hooker did not run down the play clock before the snap, which was Fuente's plan going into the game. There is something going on between Hooker and Fuente and for some reason, Fuente does not trust him. It is not a good situation going into your state rivalry game. VT had beaten UVA 16 times in a row until UVA won last year. VT has not had a losing regular-season record since 1992, my sophomore year there and that will end this year. VT currently has the longest active bowl game streak at 27 years and unless they let teams with losing records play in bowl games this year, that will end. So this is a pretty important game for Fuente. Beat UVA and maybe all is forgiven. Fuente lost the team going into the final regular-season game of 2018 and the team was in turmoil then. Things do not seem much better now. Here is an SI article about 2018.

How did I miss all that at the time? I mean, I knew there was a lot of turnover on the roster, but had no idea about the division between O and D etc.

Pitt should smash gtech. Tech on the short week while Pitt had a week to lick their wounds from the Clemson ass kicking. Gtech has to run the ball to have much of any success on offense and Pitt front 7 should handle that. Simms should turn it over in bunches here as he will be under constant pressure. This game gives Pitt a winning record on the season so I would think this a big game for them. Everything points to Pitt imo, -6.5 for me.

Nevada/sjst should be a really good one out west! Ya’ll know I’m pretty partial to that sjst team so I obviously have a bit a biased leaning that way. Where they gonna play the game, anyone know?

Both defenses have been better than most would have expected coming into the year. I think I like sjst defense better just cause their ability to get after the qb which will be huge in this game.

How good is Colorado? I have no clue, I know they were thought of as a pac-12 bottom feeder coming into the season. They have obviously exceeded expectations but i Dunno if they really any good? Havnt really watched a snap of their games.

Nevada/sjst should be a really good one out west! Ya’ll know I’m pretty partial to that sjst team so I obviously have a bit a biased leaning that way. Where they gonna play the game, anyone know?
Sam Boyd in Vegas. They now share it with New Mexico. Lol

Pitt should smash gtech. Tech on the short week while Pitt had a week to lick their wounds from the Clemson ass kicking. Gtech has to run the ball to have much of any success on offense and Pitt front 7 should handle that. Simms should turn it over in bunches here as he will be under constant pressure. This game gives Pitt a winning record on the season so I would think this a big game for them. Everything points to Pitt imo, -6.5 for me.

Your points are undeniable. Plus GT is in finals week. Academics is no joke. Nothing ez really. 3rd game in 13 days.

Everyone and their mother on Pitt. GT plays Miami on the 19th . This team is banged up but they are into playing football and coach Collins is making best of plandemic. Played well defensively vs NC St even though many good players out. They prolly dont have much of a chance vs Miami. I'd like to think they play focused here. The only way they are getting thru each day this week is by being focused. I'm looking to play them maybe

AJC is shit paper but good GT coverage
Short week - and finals - as Georgia Tech preps for Pitt

Your points are undeniable. Plus GT is in finals week. Academics is no joke. Nothing ez really. 3rd game in 13 days.

Everyone and their mother on Pitt. GT plays Miami on the 19th . This team is banged up but they are into playing football and coach Collins is making best of plandemic. Played well defensively vs NC St even though many good players out. They prolly dont have much of a chance vs Miami. I'd like to think they play focused here. The only way they are getting thru each day this week is by being focused. I'm looking to play them maybe

AJC is shit paper but good GT coverage
Short week - and finals - as Georgia Tech preps for Pitt

they were def more competitive vs ncst than I expected, I still got the cash but wasnt easy! You know I liked them coming into the year, despite smoking puke I just don’t think they have much momentum going into the home stretch. Rested and mostly healthy Pitt should cause them problems, especially Pitt front 7 vs the offense imo. Them in a spot where they could be worn down just icing on the cake. Didn’t know bout finals week but that just more good news for me! I don’t worry much bout the betting being lopsided, we have nfl back on Thursday in a fairly good matchup and college hoops in swing so wouldn’t expect this game gets much attention from the common man! lol

they were def more competitive vs ncst than I expected, I still got the cash but wasnt easy! You know I liked them coming into the year, despite smoking puke I just don’t think they have much momentum going into the home stretch. Rested and mostly healthy Pitt should cause them problems, especially Pitt front 7 vs the offense imo. Them in a spot where they could be worn down just icing on the cake. Didn’t know bout finals week but that just more good news for me! I don’t worry much bout the betting being lopsided, we have nfl back on Thursday in a fairly good matchup and college hoops in swing so wouldn’t expect this game gets much attention from the common man! lol

Yeah dude

Great thoughts on Ravens yesterday

Yeah dude

Great thoughts on Ravens yesterday

still kinda got lucky to cover. Surprisingly Ravens didn’t get any pressure on the ginger. Had Dallas kicker not sucked so bad could have easily went against me. Really only thing I was spot on about was ravens killing them in the run game and not like that was going out on a limb! Lol. It’s pathetic how little effort Cowboys give when it comes to run defense or lack there of!

Are sooners already in the big12 championship game? Not that it matters much to me for this game but just curious. Wvu was incredibly disappointing last week, lucky for me the offense was so bad I was still able to cash the under despite isu doing whatever the hell they wanted on offense! Purdy was freaking 20-23!! Think I’m willing to just overlook that game and trust wvu bounces back at home and gives sooners all they want.

Is wvu gonna have their wrs back who missed last week? All I see is questionable for the wrs and te. Clearly that prob had something to do with the offensive struggles. That and they just been light years different home/away this season.

Wake/ville seems really tough to cap. Actually think it a bit strange to see ville as favs, even if it only a point or 2. Maybe over better than a side in that one? These 2 tend to get into shootouts when they play! Last 3 have flown over 70 and this one only 62.5? Hmm

Are sooners already in the big12 championship game? Not that it matters much to me for this game but just curious. Wvu was incredibly disappointing last week, lucky for me the offense was so bad I was still able to cash the under despite isu doing whatever the hell they wanted on offense! Purdy was freaking 20-23!! Think I’m willing to just overlook that game and trust wvu bounces back at home and gives sooners all they want.

OU is in the title game. Along with the (very important) fact that ISU has a bye this weekend I'm not looking for anything huge from OU this Saturday as they try to keep players healthy and look toward the championship game.

I've not given up on WVU as they've played their best football in Morgantown and I like them to cover v. OU.

OU is in the title game. Along with the (very important) fact that ISU has a bye this weekend I'm not looking for anything huge from OU this Saturday as they try to keep players healthy and look toward the championship game.

I've not given up on WVU as they've played their best football in Morgantown and I like them to cover v. OU.

cool, good to know. I agree I like wvu also.

Pitt 7 straight over Bank......surprised u didn’t ride this train.....

liking Pitt and over....Pitt TT over too

what you think of Trees ( standford) over?
Oregon st they pesky team it seems....they don’t give up no matter how much they down.....

Pitt 7 straight over Bank......surprised u didn’t ride this train.....

liking Pitt and over....Pitt TT over too

what you think of Trees ( standford) over?
Oregon st they pesky team it seems....they don’t give up no matter how much they down.....

need to know if beavers have Jefferson or qb back before deciding on that one? If they playing i might be more inclined to play beavers but havnt looked much yet cause didn’t wanna spend the time till I know if they were playing.

I’ve played some of the Pitt overs just have picked and choose. I don’t think I like this one at all. Tech defense been ok in recent weeks and I don’t think they be able to score a whole lot on pitt. 54 seems pretty high to me. I think 51 was like the high side for me.

How did I miss all that at the time? I mean, I knew there was a lot of turnover on the roster, but had no idea about the division between O and D etc.
Yes, the stuff in that article happened in late 2018 through the beginning of the 2019 season. Bud Foster announced that he was retiring just before the 2019 season. I would assume those things were more connected than people realized. Based on the continued transfers and what is currently going on especially with the QBs, it appears that the problems are more of a product of Fuente's actions/decisions.

Is it too easy to play the Vols?

I am considering it and probably will for a little. I am just going into the bet knowing that these late season games with teams who have played poorly might leave me disappointed and if that happens I won't be surprised. I expect neither team to be thrilled to be playing eachother but for Tennessee hope that some better athletes (or maybe simply more of them) and some decent play at times over the recent games for the Vols (1st H vs Aub, moved ball well in 2nd H)(hung in fairly well vs Gators) is enough to cash the bet. Not playing too much of a role, but if the morale aspect of the Sarah Fuller stuff is real, that helps, but I don't know about all that really.

Reading Southern Miss QB Tate Whatley is questionable tonight? If anyone knows.

He is USM's #2 QB, but now #1 after Abraham opted out last month. He's not great, but if you bet Southern Miss you want him playing over the alternative (Lowe is no good).

wvu has def looked better at home on the offensive side. I have no idea how much home has to do with it or it simply a matter of they played better defenses away? No denying the best defenses they have faced been road trips. 3 of their 4 roadies were against what I would consider the top defenses in the big12 outside of their own d. They did lose to Texas tech on the road who I think they much better than, the offense wasn’t really the problem in that game as Doege went for 350ish with no picks. Brown been mostly held in check on the road but again outside Ttech that could easily be as much bout competition level?

Sooners run defense ranks way better than I realized, they top 10 in pretty much every significant rush d category. Another concern is sooners have hung a 50 burger on wvu 4 years in a row! They do that and don’t think the 14 points be enough, lol. I like the Neer’s defense better this year but what isu in basically same spot was able to do vs them last week a bit concerning. Guess it comes down to whether wvu can bounce back off that stinker? They have done so all year but that the worst beating they have took. This game determines if they finish with a winning record or not so I assume we get everything they got. Will sooners be laying it all on the line or is next week a bigger priority to them? As high up the rankings isu is I think hard to imagine sooners not taking this game serious even if their chances of postseason glory next to nil.

I think I like wvu with the 14, I was licking my chops to play them in this game the week it got postponed. Don’t think I should let last week sway my decision.

Should Houston really be 5 point favs at Memphis? I havnt paid much of any attention to Houston so clearly im not sure, just looked odd when I saw it. Lol

So 1st Hawkins opts out few weeks back now ville has atwell jumping ship as well? Why are they favs against wake? Lot of shit swirling around satterfield also. My initial lean was dead over but now I’m not as sure wake isn’t a better play? It’s not hard to argue who has had the better season. Wake can finish with a winning record if they win this one.

What's driving the UVA move? They're at +3 now.

not a clue. I think the wrong team was favored to begin with so be kinda surprising to me if it was simply money, def gonna have to dig in and make sure no Rona outbreaks or any other nonsense. I hope it just money moving it cause I think it wrong! Lol

I figured Pitt would be popular but one the big contest I play in it only 7-4 picks in favor of Pitt. 1000s of ppl in contest so clearly not much interest as I suspected. Kinda surprised at 7-4, figured would be a higher split for Pitt. Obviously not full proof but I find that contest is generally a fairly good estimation on what to expect out the masses!!

wvu has def looked better at home on the offensive side. I have no idea how much home has to do with it or it simply a matter of they played better defenses away? No denying the best defenses they have faced been road trips. 3 of their 4 roadies were against what I would consider the top defenses in the big12 outside of their own d. They did lose to Texas tech on the road who I think they much better than, the offense wasn’t really the problem in that game as Doege went for 350ish with no picks. Brown been mostly held in check on the road but again outside Ttech that could easily be as much bout competition level?

Sooners run defense ranks way better than I realized, they top 10 in pretty much every significant rush d category. Another concern is sooners have hung a 50 burger on wvu 4 years in a row! They do that and don’t think the 14 points be enough, lol. I like the Neer’s defense better this year but what isu in basically same spot was able to do vs them last week a bit concerning. Guess it comes down to whether wvu can bounce back off that stinker? They have done so all year but that the worst beating they have took. This game determines if they finish with a winning record or not so I assume we get everything they got. Will sooners be laying it all on the line or is next week a bigger priority to them? As high up the rankings isu is I think hard to imagine sooners not taking this game serious even if their chances of postseason glory next to nil.

I think I like wvu with the 14, I was licking my chops to play them in this game the week it got postponed. Don’t think I should let last week sway my decision.
Canceled

The ones where I guess wrong on the line (looking at you Iowa with my -2.5) never seem to get canceled haha

I hear ya.,,or the ones I wait to make sure I lose all kinds of line value. Double edge sword this year, either wait and bet into a inflated/bad number or take it early and risk having a team of backups and a crappy line! Lol

Last week i waited till Saturday morning with BC and still got fucjed as they waited till last minute to announce qb wasn’t playing. Don’t even think they announced it, pretty sure 1st news was being told he was on sideline in street clothes! Mf’ers.

I havnt bet a Nebraska game all year. Prob not last year either! I clearly have nothing to add, lol.

Back