134TCU
-21½
6:00 PM
411LSU+23½
412Florida-23½
10:00 PM
137UNLV+21
138Hawaii

If for some odd reason M-OSU gets played (highly doubtful)...

Michigan is down to a true frosh QB and that is it. The other two are both out with injuries (one for year, and other needs surgery I believe).

Less than 50%?
Like 10-20% chance.

I'm not sure if the Big Ten just quietly softened the protocol and didn't say anything but how OSU was eligible to play at Illinois (didn't) but then had 23 players and coaches out last week but played doesn't seem to add up to the %'s set forth by the conference. Now, those are rolling numbers so that could be it as far as being eligible last week. Thankfully they were, that was my biggest win of the season on a game...

I know Michigan was at over a dozen seven days ago and that increased by mid-week... And has only increased since...

I said it awhile back... They did too good of a job all summer and into the fall of keeping the players away from the Rona...their was little immunity on the team... It was coming eventually... I figured more mid-season... But my guess is some of the team started to lax a bit as the losing mounted.

Thanks, refresh me on what happens with the conference championship game, when it will be played and who will be in it (best guess).

Thanks, refresh me on what happens with the conference championship game, when it will be played and who will be in it (best guess).

That is a good question...

So, you need 6 games to be eligible.

That means Ohio State needs to play a game this week. If the M game is off, obviously they would try and find another Big Ten team to play that also has an opponent cancel (Nebraska?)

Northwestern beat Iowa 21-20, so I am assuming they win the West...I think...they lose this week and they are 5-2...Iowa wins they are 6-2...so better percentage...

So maybe not.

If OSU doesn't play this week, they are ineligible per the Big Ten rules and Indiana would play the Conference Championship game...

BUT...

Barry (Alvarez) already started the narrative for OSU in any terms the last week or so... this is about money for the conference with potential playoff games and that is what they care about. Most likely they never get the season restarted unless they had a national championship contender...

Should be an interesting week. If Michigan had any backbone, they would wait till Friday to cancel. But, they do not and will likely cancel tomorrow or Wed .

The next domino would be another matchup being cancelled so OSU could find a B10 opponent...

Fwiw, in the unlikely event m-osu happens I did lay the lumber max bet

I'd recommend anything under 30.5 or under

And yes, this seems like a ridiculous # but if we see them play it's gonna be quite the interesting squad out there

And yes, this seems like a ridiculous # but if we see them play it's gonna be quite the interesting squad out there
LSU/Bama style

Someone likes TSUN, down to 28

North Texas is paying UTEP's travel expenses. Doubt they have the money laying around to do it. Just go further in debt in order to play football. Fine with me, not sure how it makes sense for the athletic department.

San Jose - Nevada! This Friday night is going to be phenomenal! Three terrific games + two others!!

holy shit Cincy -12.5? Wasn;t it 3 last time before it got canceled? VC going to update his write up for that one?

hmmmm crosstown rivalry - are they allowed to play games in California?

Local TV reporting--Rainy and windy for The Game, temp in the 40s...sounds like it could impact the passing game....

VT have any QBs this week?
Fuente said today that Burmeister practiced on Sunday and should be fine for next weekend. He also said this about Hooker, "Not a lot other than he was obviously having some issues with temperature. He was fine Sunday." Something is going on with Hooker or something is going on between Hooker and Fuente. I expect Burmeister to start as Fuente for some reason prefers him. He could also go with a plan to alternate the qbs which will not work well.

Fuente said today that Burmeister practiced on Sunday and should be fine for next weekend. He also said this about Hooker, "Not a lot other than he was obviously having some issues with temperature. He was fine Sunday." Something is going on with Hooker or something is going on between Hooker and Fuente. I expect Burmeister to start as Fuente for some reason prefers him. He could also go with a plan to alternate the qbs which will not work well.
Great info the other day...so interesting to me ..the whole situation...

Am I seeing Iowa / Wisconsin shifting 4+ points since Monday?

Could have sworn I saw Iowa -3 yesterday. Now +1

It must be bad at Cincinnati because they announced on 11/25 they'd have to cancel the Temple game. That's 3 weeks ago tomorrow and they still can't play?

why the hell he start the Clemson game then get yanked very early? I assumed he got hurt? All I know is he by far their best qb and with the way BC backup just shredded uva for 500+ yards I would think hooker could light them up.

why the hell he start the Clemson game then get yanked very early? I assumed he got hurt? All I know is he by far their best qb and with the way BC backup just shredded uva for 500+ yards I would think hooker could light them up.
Fuente said that he pulled Hooker because he bobbled a snap on the first series, but on that same play Hooker did not run down the play clock before the snap, which was Fuente's plan going into the game. There is something going on between Hooker and Fuente and for some reason, Fuente does not trust him. It is not a good situation going into your state rivalry game. VT had beaten UVA 16 times in a row until UVA won last year. VT has not had a losing regular-season record since 1992, my sophomore year there and that will end this year. VT currently has the longest active bowl game streak at 27 years and unless they let teams with losing records play in bowl games this year, that will end. So this is a pretty important game for Fuente. Beat UVA and maybe all is forgiven. Fuente lost the team going into the final regular-season game of 2018 and the team was in turmoil then. Things do not seem much better now. Here is an SI article about 2018.

Fuente said that he pulled Hooker because he bobbled a snap on the first series, but on that same play Hooker did not run down the play clock before the snap, which was Fuente's plan going into the game. There is something going on between Hooker and Fuente and for some reason, Fuente does not trust him. It is not a good situation going into your state rivalry game. VT had beaten UVA 16 times in a row until UVA won last year. VT has not had a losing regular-season record since 1992, my sophomore year there and that will end this year. VT currently has the longest active bowl game streak at 27 years and unless they let teams with losing records play in bowl games this year, that will end. So this is a pretty important game for Fuente. Beat UVA and maybe all is forgiven. Fuente lost the team going into the final regular-season game of 2018 and the team was in turmoil then. Things do not seem much better now. Here is an SI article about 2018.

they clearly have missed bud foster too, the defense been freaking awful, although they looked better vs clemson than ive seen them all year. Uva d certainly wasn’t good last week except for getting some ints in the red zone that basically saved them vs a shorthanded BC. Armstrong has been playing pretty good lately so doubt scoring be much a problem for uva. I can’t see backing tech without hooker, what I’ve seen out of Burmeister hasn’t been good. He looked like shit earlier in the year vs ncst and duke even tho they did manage to win those games. Sure seems to me the way to attack uva is thru the air not the ground so doesn’t seem like a very good matchup for tech with burmiester starting.

Back