Week 14 What Did We Learn

I don't think I will watch the show, but just wait for the committee to tell us how good Michigan State was before Ohio State played them.

I can hear it now "they won vs previously unbeaten Northwestern so that is a quality win for Ohio State"

The big ten, in general is way down compared to the last 5-6 years. It's more like the early part of last decade. Part of it is opt outs and part of it is graduation/ going pro early.

It's OSU and Indiana then maybe NW?...then a bunch of garbage.

Utah..not good (yes, it's halftime).

LSU, down 38 kicked a FG...then went onside. Brilliant!

No great teams this year...each of the big 4 has some issues. Bama, though...seems to be a step above. All have defensive issues. No dominant DL this year.

The big ten, in general is way down compared to the last 5-6 years. It's more like the early part of last decade. Part of it is opt outs and part of it is graduation/ going pro early.

It's OSU and Indiana then maybe NW?...then a bunch of garbage.

Utah..not good (yes, it's halftime).

LSU, down 38 kicked a FG...then went onside. Brilliant!

No great teams this year...each of the big 4 has some issues. Bama, though...seems to be a step above. All have defensive issues. No dominant DL this year.
I just see a bunch of bad football all over the place. The Big Ten is very down. But then you say is the ACC or Pac 12 better than them ? I think the best thing for me is to not even bet those 2 conferences. A bunch of teams you can't trust week to week. I'm not sure who the best team in the Pac is ?

The thing about bad football teams is it makes it harder to bet. More missed tackles - more variance.

I just see a bunch of bad football all over the place. The Big Ten is very down. But then you say is the ACC or Pac 12 better than them ? I think the best thing for me is to not even bet those 2 conferences. A bunch of teams you can't trust week to week. I'm not sure who the best team in the Pac is ?

The thing about bad football teams is it makes it harder to bet. More missed tackles - more variance.
Good points.

I haven't won a bet on P12 this year... Albeit only a few bets but no thx to that conference

ACC is the big 2...UNC solid then a lotta blah

Yeah...a lot of bad football

Good points.

I haven't won a bet on P12 this year... Albeit only a few bets but no thx to that conference

ACC is the big 2...UNC solid then a lotta blah

Yeah...a lot of bad football

yep and i'm pretty sure theres a stat out there somewhere that says bad football teams straight up statistically cover at a worse rate than good football teams. It's not just the 4 playoff teams but it's the depth has gone to the shitter. I actually think thats the biggest problem from a betting pov and a fan point of view. Used to be able to find real solid teams with 3-4 losses. And from a fans point of view it's sickenning watching all these mismatches when a top team plays a conference schedule. It's just not entertaining watching blowouts

On this day the two active longest losing streaks were snapped!

Akron snapped their 21 game losing streak Saturday afternoon as a small favorite.

That meant New Mexico inherited the nation's longest losing streak at 14 games, which they snapped late night as a DD dog. Lobos won with their 4th string QB. Wyoming finished the game on their 3rd string QB.

Here is what happened, what has said to have happened, and what may have happened with Virginia Tech and their QB/coaching situation against Clemson last night.

Hendon Hooker started the game, is the best QB, and has started all of the games since he came back from health/Covid issues early in the season.
Fuente's plan against Clemson was to run down the play clock every offensive snap so Clemson would not win by as many points.
On the first drive, Hooker bobbled a snap. On that same play he did not run the play clock down, he snapped it with around 20 seconds left on the play clock.
In the next series, Fuente puts Burmeister in and VT scores.
Fuente leaves Burmeister in until he gets hurt (he also fumbled the ball)
Fuente brings Hooker back in and he bobbles another snap and Clemson gets the ball.
Hooker is on the sidelines shivering, hunched over, and looking weird.
Hooker goes to the locker room, still shivering.
Fuente says after the game that he was going to put Hooker back in but he was "cold" and went to the locker room.
Another thing to note, Quincy Patterson, the #3 QB announced that he would transfer earlier this week.
That left Fuente with the #4 QB Knox Kadum to put in to finish the game.

I assumed putting Burmeister in for the second series of the game was some type of scripted plan that a head coach does when they are trying to be cute and often outsmarts themselves.
Fuente says after the game that there was no predetermined plan and he put Burmeister in because Hooker bobbled the snap (no mention of not running down the play clock).
He also said that he left Burmeister in because we scored on his first drive of the game, so in essence, he made a QB switch.
It is hard to see/tell exactly what is going on, but Fuente ran off the #3 QB earlier in the week, possibly pissed off the best QB (Hooker), and is left with Burmeister who is not a good passer, or the #4 QB.
It seems like a team in turmoil.
VT is playing UVA this week.
UVA beat VT for the first time 16 years last year.
The game is at VT, but the home-field advantage is gone with no fans there.
The UVA line is currently UVA+3

Last edited:
Here is what happened, what has said to have happened, and what may have happened with Virginia Tech and their QB/coaching situation against Clemson last night.

Hendon Hooker started the game, is the best QB, and has started all of the games since he came back from health/Covid issues early in the season.
Fuente's plan against Clemson was to run down the play clock every offensive snap so Clemson would not win by as many points.
On the first drive, Hooker bobbled a snap. On that same play he did not run the play clock down, he snapped it with around 20 seconds left on the play clock.
In the next series, Fuente puts Burmeister in and VT scores.
Fuente leaves Burmeister in until he gets hurt (he also fumbled the ball)
Fuente brings Hooker back in and he bobbles another snap and Clemson gets the ball.
Hooker is on the sidelines shivering, hunched over, and looking weird.
Hooker goes to the locker room, still shivering.
Fuente says after the game that he was going to put Hooker back in but he was "cold" and went to the locker room.
Another thing to note, Quincy Patterson, the #3 QB announced that he would transfer earlier this week.
That left Fuente with the #4 QB Knox Kadum to put in to finish the game.

I assumed putting Burmeister in for the second series of the game was some type of scripted plan that a head coach does when they are trying to be cute and often outsmarts themselves.
Fuente says after the game that there was no predetermined plan and he put Burmeister in because Hooker bobbled the snap (no mention of not running down the play clock).
He also said that he left Burmeister in because we scored on his first drive of the game, so in essence, he made a QB switch.
It is hard to see/tell exactly what is going on, but Fuente ran off the #3 QB earlier in the week, possibly pissed off the best QB (Hooker), and is left with Burmeister who is not a good passer, or the #4 QB.
It seems like a team in turmoil.
VT is playing UVA this week.
UVA beat VT for the first time 16 years last year.
The game is at VT, but the home-field advantage is gone with no fans there.
The UVA line is currently UVA+3
This is wild. I noticed these things yesterday with some of what you said. Losing pretty doesn't work even when you try.

Obviously, our plan was to try to keep our defense off of the field and hold the ball as long as humanly possible. That didn’t mean we wouldn’t or couldn’t throw the ball, it just meant that we were going to try to limit the number of possessions. When you play like that, it can go a bunch of different ways. I thought that was our best chance to win and I still believe that.

As far as the quarterback situation, I’ll tell you what I know. On the first series, Hendon [Hooker] didn’t hold us in the huddle and he dropped the snap, so we took him out to settle him down for one series. We were only planning on having him settle down for one series, but Braxton [Burmeister] came in and led us to a touchdown, so we kept him in. Braxton got knocked out of the game and couldn’t go back in. We put Hendon back in and he dropped a snap. We were going to put him back in and the trainer came up to me and told me that he was cold. I don’t know if there was something more significant than that. I’ve never seen that before or heard of it before. I don’t know any more than that.

Knox [Kadum] went out there and competed his tail off. I was proud of the way he went out there and hung in there and competed. I have no idea what that means moving forward, but he did a good job going in there.

On Hendon Hooker…

He’s had some issues in the past with fumbling snaps. It’s kind of strange for him because he has great hand-eye coordination and big strong hands. Occasionally, he has had some issues with that. I didn’t feel like he was off or anything. I don’t know what to tell you.

On Hendon Hooker’s injury…

In the middle of the game, I asked what the deal was. They said that he was cold and we’re dealing with it. I can’t give you more diagnosis than that. I don’t know if it was something serious or not serious. I just don’t know.

I may need to look at the stats there again. I watched it early when it was close
Burmeister had good stats, but he is not the passer or runner that Hooker is. Burmeister has had good stats for part of a game before. He hit an open receiver on busted coverage on the first score that lead to the TD.

Burmeister had good stats, but he is not the passer or runner that Hooker is. Burmeister has had good stats for part of a game before. He hit an open receiver on busted coverage on the first score that lead to the TD.
any chance vt hires the younger beamer as new head coach ?

any chance vt hires the younger beamer as new head coach ?
He is going to South Carolina. He is a boom or bust type of hire, but he would have been at the top of the VT list. If Fuente is let go, it will be after Dec 15th as his buyout decreases then. This is another downside of how the Fuente saga is playing out, Beamer will not be an option for VT due to timing.

Is it possible that USC will try and boat race everyone and run the table and win the PAC 12 hoping to be on the mix when Clemson either stomps or loses to the Irish?

To me, there are two good things that have happened this season. One, Coastal Carolina. Two, these kids and coaches are dish ragging their Covid and getting healthier faster than the Corona Bros wanted, hence the season will finish.

Other than that, garbage besides the elites. I bet on two games at noon, OSU and PSU. The OSU game was over in 5 minutes, I knew I won the bet. Rutgers/PSU, I would rather eat nails then have to sit through that again. I have no idea how Rutgers could score 45 on Michigan, 27 on OSU etc. It was god awful! And yet, they had every chance to cover that game because PSU could do nothing in the second half besides run the qb or rb directly into the line. I told my son to get away from the tv, this is not football you ever want to learn or see. So so bad!! What does this say about Don Brown?

Alabama LSU, what a sorry excuse for DBs on LSU, couldn’t even stand to watch that. Figured I’d watch 2nd half Clemson VT because it was close, 10 minutes later, blowout.

I’m basically checked out this year. It’s just horrendous ball all over the place.

OSU -30 this week, but I’m not watching the massacre. I can’t do this to myself much longer.

Is it possible that USC will try and boat race everyone and run the table and win the PAC 12 hoping to be on the mix when Clemson either stomps or loses to the Irish?
Doubt it with such a small amount of games. 6 or 7, right? In that case, then just take OSU with their 6 or 7. Bama Clemson OSU ND/A&M

He is going to South Carolina. He is a boom or bust type of hire, but he would have been at the top of the VT list. If Fuente is let go, it will be after Dec 15th as his buyout decreases then. This is another downside of how the Fuente saga is playing out, Beamer will not be an option for VT due to timing.
IF? My buddy is DL coach there, he’s ready.

To me, there are two good things that have happened this season. One, Coastal Carolina. Two, these kids and coaches are dish ragging their Covid and getting healthier faster than the Corona Bros wanted, hence the season will finish.

Other than that, garbage besides the elites. I bet on two games at noon, OSU and PSU. The OSU game was over in 5 minutes, I knew I won the bet. Rutgers/PSU, I would rather eat nails then have to sit through that again. I have no idea how Rutgers could score 45 on Michigan, 27 on OSU etc. It was god awful! And yet, they had every chance to cover that game because PSU could do nothing in the second half besides run the qb or rb directly into the line. I told my son to get away from the tv, this is not football you ever want to learn or see. So so bad!! What does this say about Don Brown?

Alabama LSU, what a sorry excuse for DBs on LSU, couldn’t even stand to watch that. Figured I’d watch 2nd half Clemson VT because it was close, 10 minutes later, blowout.

I’m basically checked out this year. It’s just horrendous ball all over the place.

OSU -30 this week, but I’m not watching the massacre. I can’t do this to myself much longer.

To be fair, Bama has torched every secondary this year. Good post.

I'll continue to fellate Matt Campbell as they were coming off one of the biggest wins in Austin and they then went out and completely trucked a good West Virginia team that was coming off a bye week. Can't wait to see ISU getting points in the Big 12 championship game. They're going to win it.

I think Davonta Smith is the best player in the country. Posted this over the weekend but it's very, very rare to find an outstanding route runner with world-class speed and great, great hands to match. You can sometimes find 1 or 2 of those but rarely 3. He is the definition of "special".

Still digesting that BYU game and how CC ran for almost 300 yards. I get the short prep time but a lot of it was BYU getting owned at the LOS. I whiffed on that game.

Last edited:
I think Davonta Smith is the best player in the country. Posted this over the weekend but it's very, very rare to find an outstanding route runner with world-class speed and great, great hands to match. You can sometimes find 1 or 2 of those but rarely 3. He is the definition of "special".

I agree that he is the best player on Alabama, if not the country, this year. It'll be interesting to see how many teams pass on him in the draft because he will not test well at the combine. He is small and will run in the 4.5s. But if you turn on the film, he catches almost everything, is always open, and rarely gets caught from behind. For his sake, I hope he falls to the later picks so he actually goes to a good team with a functional QB

Arizona State outgained UCLA 442-363 (6.2-5.8) ,but was -2 TOs; a fumble at the UCLA03 and an INT at the UCLA32. ASU also missed a 45y FG. UCLA led 17-0 and won 25-18. Each team got 5 sacks. ASU was a solid 55% 3rd down to UCLA's just 38%. UCLA led by Duke transfer Brittain Brown did have a 171 (4.4) to 165 (4.7) edge rushing.

UCLA's Caleb Johnson 10 TKL with 2 sacks!
ASU's Tyler Johnson 4.5 TFL with 3 sacks! First ASU player with 4 TFL since 2017 and first with 3 sacks since 2016.

Colorado ran for 407 with Jerek Broussard running for 301(runs of 75, 59 and 72)! And they did so with a shuffled OL. Buffs trailed 0-13 but would clamp down on D and win 24-13! Total yards weren't that far off with CU totaling 499 (7.6) to 422 (5.6). CU did lose 3 TOs (one led to Zona FG, the other came at the A07). Arizona lost one TO (INT thrown in the EZ after 84y drive). CU recorded 5 sacks, 4 coming on 3rd down, 12 TFLs. Zona was just 3-of-14 3rd down - CU was 45%.

Oregon had nearly 100 more yards than Cal, outgaining them 368-271 (6.1-3.4) including a 137 (4.0) to 88 (1.9) yard rushing edge. Oregon had three 2nd H possessions in Cal territory that failed to end in points. A SOD at the C19 and Cal LB Kuony Deng forced two 4th Q fumbles while clinging to a 21-17 lead. Oregon led 17-14 HT but was shutout in the 2nd H (just 117y 2nd H). Both teams were an identical 33% on 3rd down, but Cal did it on 7-of-21 attempts to Ore's 4-of-12. Duck QB struggled going 14-26-231-1-0 missed several throws and lost one of the two fumbles.

Utah scored on their first 3 possessions, but they were all short FGs kicked from the red zone. Score was 16-10 HT. Utah did lead 30-10 in the 4th Q, but OSU scored two TDs in the final quarter while Utah gained just 12y on their final three drives. OSU was SOD on their final two drives at the U32 and U36. Oregon State was just 2-of-12 3rd down and 1-of-3 4th down. Utah 47%. Utes D got 3 sacks. OSU none. Utah finished with 36-24 TOP edge. Beavers played with their backup QB making first start Chance 20-38-202-1-1 and without Jemer Jefferson. Jefferson was named PAC12 POW back-to-back 2 games prior. Chance was the leading rusher with more than 1 attempt, not what the Beavs want (LB and sometimes 2-way player Jack Colletto was actually their leading rusher having 1 carry for 40y). Primary RBs combined had just 48 yards. Ty Jordan ran for 167 on 27 att. for the Utes.

Washington State was SOD 4th-and-1 at the USC35 to start the game. After that USC would go 7p 65y, 5p 34y, 1p 4y, 4p 31y and 7p 80y scoring on all 5 of their 1st H possessions. Two shortfields after W St INTs. 35-6 HT. USC would score just 3 points, one FG, on the entire 2nd H. W St started subing starters at the beginning of the 4th Q. Slovis played every possession until 1:37 left in the game. Due to the short fields and the lack of offense in the 2nd H, USC only outgained them 287-263 (5.4-4.0). USC ran for FIVE yards!!! Their leading ball carrier had just 11 yards. As a team they only had 20 attempts. McIntosh ran for a good 6.5 ypc on 10 att for Wazzou. de Laura 18-29-134-0-2. Slovis 25-32-287-5-0. St Brown 7-65-4TD.

Last edited:
Arizona State outgained UCLA 442-363 (6.2-5.8) ,but was -2 TOs; a fumble at the UCLA03 and an INT at the UCLA32. ASU also missed a 45y FG. UCLA led 17-0 and won 25-18. Each team got 5 sacks. ASU was a solid 55% 3rd down to UCLA's just 38%. UCLA led by Duke transfer Brittain Brown did have a 171 (4.4) to 165 (4.7) edge rushing.

UCLA's Caleb Johnson 10 TKL with 2 sacks!
ASU's Tyler Johnson 4.5 TFL with 3 sacks! First ASU player with 4 TFL since 2017 and first with 3 sacks since 2016.

Colorado ran for 407 with Jerek Broussard running for 301(runs of 75, 59 and 72)! And they did so with a shuffled OL. Buffs trailed 0-13 but would clamp down on D and win 24-13! Total yards weren't that far off with CU totaling 499 (7.6) to 422 (5.6). CU did lose 3 TOs (one led to Zona FG, the other came at the A07). Arizona lost one TO (INT thrown in the EZ after 84y drive). CU recorded 5 sacks, 4 coming on 3rd down, 12 TFLs. Zona was just 3-of-14 3rd down - CU was 45%.

Oregon had nearly 100 more yards than Cal, outgaining them 368-271 (6.1-3.4) including a 137 (4.0) to 88 (1.9) yard rushing edge. Oregon had three 2nd H possessions in Cal territory that failed to end in points. A SOD at the C19 and Cal LB Kuony Deng forced two 4th Q fumbles while clinging to a 21-17 lead. Oregon led 17-14 HT but was shutout in the 2nd H (just 117y 2nd H). Both teams were an identical 33% on 3rd down, but Cal did it on 7-of-21 attempts to Ore's 4-of-12. Duck QB struggled going 14-26-231-1-0 missed several throws and lost one of the two fumbles.

Utah scored on their first 3 possessions, but they were all short FGs kicked from the red zone. Score was 16-10 HT. Utah did lead 30-10 in the 4th Q, but OSU scored two TDs in the final quarter while Utah gained just 12y on their final three drives. OSU was SOD on their final two drives at the U32 and U36. Oregon State was just 2-of-12 3rd down and 1-of-3 4th down. Utah 47%. Utes D got 3 sacks. OSU none. Utah finished with 36-24 TOP edge. Beavers played with their backup QB making first start Chance 20-38-202-1-1 and without Jemer Jefferson. Jefferson was named PAC12 POW back-to-back 2 games prior. Chance was the leading rusher with more than 1 attempt, not what the Beavs want (LB and sometimes 2-way player Jack Colletto was actually their leading rusher having 1 carry for 40y). Primary RBs combined had just 48 yards. Ty Jordan ran for 167 on 27 att. for the Utes.

Washington State was SOD 4th-and-1 at the USC35 to start the game. After that USC would go 7p 65y, 5p 34y, 1p 4y, 4p 31y and 7p 80y scoring on all 5 of their 1st H possessions. Two shortfields after W St INTs. 35-6 HT. USC would score just 3 points, one FG, on the entire 2nd H. W St started subing starters at the beginning of the 4th Q. Slovis played every possession until 1:37 left in the game. Due to the short fields and the lack of offense in the 2nd H, USC only outgained them 287-263 (5.4-4.0). USC ran for FIVE yards!!! Their leading ball carrier had just 11 yards. As a team they only had 20 attempts. McIntosh ran for a good 6.5 ypc on 10 att for Wazzou. de Laura 18-29-134-0-2. Slovis 25-32-287-5-0. St Brown 7-65-4TD.
Also note on Utah game ...

At 30-10 they tried to scoop n score a fumble but OSU recovered. On the next play, 2nd and 27 or so they connected on a bomb down inside the 10 and subsequently scored..

37-10 turned to 30-17 just like that.

Georgia Southern won 20-3 but only outgained FAU 339-322 (4.8-5.6). GaSo ret'd a punt 49y for TD and scored their other TD in the 4th Q. FAU lost 4 TOs coming on successive drives spanning the 2nd and 3rd Q, 3 in GaSo territory. GaSo was SOD at the F06 and F25. Each team missed a FG. FAU was 2-of-10 3rd down and 0-for-3 4th down. Shai Werts was ruled out pregame. Justin Tomlin passed 3-12-70-0-0 and led the team in rushing 20-78y. RB Kennedy is still suspended. The top two RBs combined just 28att-131y. FAU QBs combined for 14-28-189-0-2.

Illinois led 14-0, Iowa didn't cross midfield until their 5th drive of the game! Once they got it going they would score the next 35 points to lead 35-14 before ILL scored with :24 left. The drive prior ILL was SOD at the Iowa12.

Michigan State ran a total of 3 plays in OSU territory in the 1st H. They fumbled on the 3rd. One thing Michigan State did well? Tackles for loss, racking up 9 (OSU 6).

Nebraska jumped out to a quick 17-0 lead after blking a punt and falling on it at the P01 then after another PU punt and good return + penalty took over at the P17 and was in the EZ soon thereafter. Two TDs off of 18y of offense! It was 27-13 HT. PU got as close as 34-27 in the 2nd H, but Neb tacked on a FG and Boilers could get no closer. Neb had a 364-322 (5.1-5.2) yard edge. PU rushed for -2 yards. Both teams were hit with a multitude of penalties totaling 233 yards! Boilers struggled on 3rd down going just 3-of-13 and 1-of-3 4th down. No turnovers.

Penn State defense held Rutgers to just 43 yards in the 1st H! PSU led just 17-0 as Nits were SOD at the R24 to open and kicked a FG from the R12. Rutgers only points were short field following an INT. For the game PSU outgained them 381-205 (4.8-3.2). Penn State ran it 57 times for 248y. Teams combined just 7-of-30 on 3rd down. PSU had a 37-23 TOP edge.

Wisconsin outgained Indiana 342-217 and held the ball for 35min. Indiana's first TD was set up by a sack fumble near midfield. Wisconsin drove into the RZ, but had to settle for a FG. 7-3 HT with UW having a 136-107y edge, first downs even at 8 apiece. IU went down the field to open the 3rd Q and lead 14-3. UW threw INT, but IU fumbled it back on a QB sneak. UW again drove into the RZ but was forced to kick a FG. 14-6 end of 3rd with UW having a 225-192 TY edge, FDs and 3rd down conversions nearly identical through three quarters. With 5min left in the game UW took over on their own 8 yard line. They got as far as the IU17, but a 4th down pass was dropped in the corner of the EZ with :46 left. That was the third RZ trip for Badgers and they came away with just 6 points. UW 50% 3rd down, IU 40%. Sacks, turnovers (IU net +1) and RZ D being the overall difference. UW outrushed them 140 (4.0) to 87 (2.8). Mertz was sacked 3x. Tuttle was just 13-22-130-2-0 proved his toughness momentarily being knocked out of the game, but quickly returned. Mertz 20-34-202-0-1.

looking at that indiana wisconsin recap I just thought hoosiers are reminding me alot of northwestern. Similar boxscore they had against wisconsin. And winning very similar to how fitzgerald has over his tenure. Not a great team on paper and I keep waiting for them to get blown out.

looking at that indiana wisconsin recap I just thought hoosiers are reminding me alot of northwestern. Similar boxscore they had against wisconsin. And winning very similar to how fitzgerald has over his tenure. Not a great team on paper and I keep waiting for them to get blown out.

Indiana is a very good team, I like them and what they've done. Looking back on it though, pretty easy to piece things together....Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin are down and having off years. Ohio State did lead 35-7 before IU came back. Hell, I forgot Michigan State is weaker than normal this year too. 4 of their wins are vs teams that are having uncharacteristic seasons and roster issues. Their one close loss they weren't competitive for the entire game. And beating Maryland and Rutgers...IU is supposed to beat them in normal years anyway.

All they can do is play who is in front of them and at 6-1 they need praise for what they have accomplished. I will praise them.

But I agree, taking everything into consideration, from a handicapping perspective this IU team isn't as good as record and rankings say they are. Was hoping the Purdue game was going to get played this week. I'm sure you know why.

Indiana is a very good team, I like them and what they've done. Looking back on it though, pretty easy to piece things together....Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin are down and having off years. Ohio State did lead 35-7 before IU came back. Hell, I forgot Michigan State is weaker than normal this year too. 4 of their wins are vs teams that are having uncharacteristic seasons and roster issues. Their one close loss they weren't competitive for the entire game. And beating Maryland and Rutgers...IU is supposed to beat them in normal years anyway.

All they can do is play who is in front of them and at 6-1 they need praise for what they have accomplished. I will praise them.

But I agree, taking everything into consideration, from a handicapping perspective this IU team isn't as good as record and rankings say they are. Was hoping the Purdue game was going to get played this week. I'm sure you know why.
yeah bummer on purdue that was one of my stronger plays- but yes it's a total testament to tom allen and how hard they play. Remember the penn state yardage - 488-211 PSU. It's just like fitz and how they've been such a good dog all these years - defense and playing hard ball. I actually think Indiana's offense is down this year compared to last years there defense is just playing that good.

yeah bummer on purdue that was one of my stronger plays- but yes it's a total testament to tom allen and how hard they play. Remember the penn state yardage - 488-211 PSU. It's just like fitz and how they've been such a good dog all these years - defense and playing hard ball. I actually think Indiana's offense is down this year compared to last years there defense is just playing that good.

i love how aggressive Hoosiers are on the defensive side of the ball.

448 yards - Kansas State's most all season. Problem? They allowed Texas 608 including 334 rushing! How about Bijan Robinson having 172y on just 9 carries! 3 were TDs!!

I never would've guess that BC without Jerkovic would pass for 500y on UVA. Grossel must've had a great game, way over his head, or else somehow UVA pass D is that horrid.

2dabank was all over this in the ingame... TT had 200 more yards vs KU (413-214). TT lost 4 TOs.

How does a team win with a -4 TO ratio (TCU vs OSU)? I saw the 1 TO OSU lost in the EZ and it was a pretty big one. Not sure without looking back how TCU lost all 5 of their TOs.

Baylor outgained Oklahoma 288-269 and OU had some enormously long streak of scoring 28+ snapped.

Back