Week 14 ML Dogs

I do not see what everyone sees in Ok. State. I've watched quite a bit of their games - in whole or part - this year. Just don't think they have a prayer of winning.

Speaking for myself, it is hard to find a lot of reasons to back the Ok St side. But if you look at the OU side, we are repeatedly and consistently reminded about the number of plays that Hurts makes to keep the other team in the game. If he were to ever play mistake free game OU blows a lot of teams out. Since he hasn't they have played closer than expected games.

I see the UK Pass D is getting some attention...allowing just 13th national lowest yards per completion...but look at these fantastic passing Os they have played...UTMartin, Vandy, Mizzou, Georgia (heavy rain), Ark.......then these 3: Tenn, Miss St, and FL all exceeded UK's allowed ssn avg. I will give them credit for holding down SC although they don't possess a great passing O.

Louisville O going to challenge that Cats D a bunch today.

Can 'Ville D stop a one-trick pony? UK has a 2-4 TD-INT passing ratio the last 8 games. I know it's all run with Bowden now, they have attempted double digit passes just once in the last 6 games.

Last edited:
I see the UK Pass D is getting some attention...allowing just 13th national lowest yards per completion...but look at these fantastic passing Os they have played...UTMartin, Vandy, Mizzou, Georgia (heavy rain), Ark.......then these 3: Tenn, Miss St, and FL all exceeded UK's allowed ssn avg. I will give them credit for holding down SC although they don't possess a great passing O.

Can 'Ville D stop a one-trick pony? UK has a 2-4 TD-INT passing ratio the last 8 games. I know it's all run with Bowden now, they have attempted double digit passes just once in the last 6 games.
I cannot fathom a loss to Loserville today. We’ve already lost to two of the 3 most hated rivals in the Vols and Gators....in extremely frustrating fashion I might add. We missed a chip-shot FG that would have beat the Gators and completely reset our season course to a downward spiral. We had 2nd and 3rd and 4th and goal from the 2 yard line and couldn’t punch it in against the Vols. If we can’t beAt little bro today then this season is not a success in Lexington at all even though we still go bowling. Kys OLine dominates this game and we control the clock and Bowden makes plays with his feat. PS-we did not have our two top wrs vs the Vols. Ahmed Wagner most certainly would have had an impact on that Vol game. UL has done way more than expected and I do respect Satterfield as a coach but this one is ours. Go Big Blue!

Speaking for myself, it is hard to find a lot of reasons to back the Ok St side. But if you look at the OU side, we are repeatedly and consistently reminded about the number of plays that Hurts makes to keep the other team in the game. If he were to ever play mistake free game OU blows a lot of teams out. Since he hasn't they have played closer than expected games.

For me it’s more about the OU side. This team has been narrowly escaping the last 4 weeks. Really could have lost all 4 of those games and prob should be 2-2 at best. Now, we expect them to figure it out and play a complete game at night, on the road, in a hostile environment. Maybe it happens, but I would not bet on it. I don’t love OSU either, but would be surprised if this game was one sided.

FWIW:

I do not see what everyone sees in Ok. State. I've watched quite a bit of their games - in whole or part - this year. Just don't think they have a prayer of winning.

I took Army on ML and probably will take Northwestern

You fellows have more "X & O" knowledge and stats etc... but my 2 cents.

I've enjoyed Illinois this year and they seem to play very hard and "believe", but a good spot for NWestern imo
I can see the Bedlam game being very similar to Tech-Texas yesterday. But I disagree about the spot for Northwestern.

East Carolina 50 to win 81
Purdue 50 to win 105
ODU 20 to win 62
WYO 20 to win 62
KU 20 to win 83
Maryland 10 to win 110
Oregon St 10 to win 71
aTm 10 to win 61
FSU 10 to win 61

3 out of 9 makes money. Come ooonnnnnnnn upsets!

I was looking at the other side of it -- the UL pass game -- and I had just concluded that I needed to strongly consider an OVER or UL team over. Thanks for the thoughts on the other side of the equation.

People have really liked Iowa St all season (media people keep touting them), but they are pretty average

Sometimes you just got to say "what the fuck" - still remember that line from Risky Business. Hey, I'm the guy that ML'd Miss St vs Bama, what else would you expect.
I just added them to a parlay....just needed to see someone like you on them to push me over the edge...BOL!!

I almost wanted to throw $10 on Georgia Tech, but that just seemed a little too crazy....right?

I almost wanted to throw $10 on Georgia Tech, but that just seemed a little too crazy....right?
I thought about it. But Jorga HAS to be prepared. I would kinda lean under in this game actually

Which means this game will sail Over. Lol

FWIW:

I took Army on ML and probably will take Northwestern

You fellows have more "X & O" knowledge and stats etc... but my 2 cents.

I've enjoyed Illinois this year and they seem to play very hard and "believe", but a good spot for NWestern imo
Call of the week with NW....good job! :shake:

East Carolina 50 to win 81
Purdue 50 to win 105
ODU 20 to win 62
WYO 20 to win 62
KU 20 to win 83
Maryland 10 to win 110
Oregon St 10 to win 71
aTm 10 to win 61
FSU 10 to win 61

3 out of 9 makes money. Come ooonnnnnnnn upsets!

There were upsets out there, I picked all the wrong ones. On top of that, I bet 3 favorites today, 2 lost straight up.

Kinda glad the season is winding down, I felt a little like I was just picking games for the sake of picking games today. Hopefully San Jose St can mitigate the damage tonight.

Back