One of trus baby mommas
Favorites: 24-24
Dogs: 17-7
Totals: 3-3
ML Parlay: 1-1
Overall: 45-35 +16.67units
SouthCar: 4-1

Pending: UF+800 (2 to win 16)

Bailed out early on the week because I went out to NYC friday night and didn't get home until about 7am. My whole day was ruined as I sat paralyzed on the couch. Had a good week though and I'm pleased with how my year is finishing, except for my record on Favs.

Balls -7 (waiting for line to drop):

I see no point in betting this game right now as I fully expect to get BSU-5 or -5.5, even -6 by Wednesday. I believe a lot of people are going to jump on CMU because they are 2x defending MAC champ, they are home, they beat Ball St ass last year by 20. I've been waiting for this game since I saw CMU play Toledo. Ball St comes into this game 10-0 with obvious revenge and MAC West title in sights. CMU comes into this game as defending MAC Champ, at home, and its senior day. Both teams should be equally motivated to win the big prize. I see quite a few differences in these teams though. Common opponents:

Toledo: BSU won 31-0, CMU won 24-23
Indiana: BSU won 42-20, CMU won 37-34
NoIlly: BSU won 45-14, CMU won 33-30 in OT.

Ok, I will forgive CMU for the NoIlly comeback, they still held on to win by a pubic hair even though they got up 30-6 with 17 minutes to play. BSU has won every game this season by double digits. CMU has had near death experiences with NoIlly, Indiana, Toledo, Buffalo, and Ohio and there is 1 simple reason for this, their defense, more importantly, their pass defense SUCKS. CMU had a starter go down at the end of the NoIlly game as well, I do not know his name nor his status but he didn't look too healthy leaving the field. Dan LeFevour also left the last play from scrimmage limping off the field. LeFevour has been bothered by an ankle injury for nearly a month now. Everyone should know how easy it is to reinjure an ankle, especially for a mobile QB like LeFevour. I will make this play assuming he is good to go but in the back of my mind I know he can go down at any moment if hit wrong in this game. Sure, CMU has Brunner who has performed well when given the chance, but do you really want to go point for point without LeFevour? I wouldn't. Back to CMU's pass defense.

Harnish = 288yd
Chappel/Lewis = 213yd
Opelt = 216yd
Hiller = 471yd
Willy = 270yd
Painter - 261yd
Jackson = 365yd

I understand CMU won all of those games except the Purdue game, but, that won't cut it against Ball St and Nate Davis (2,647yd-68%-19td-7int). Don't forget though, Ball St also rushes for around 200ypg on the ground and CMU has been gashed by the run a lot lately. This CMU defense is a real liability, very real.

I fully believe Ball St is the better team and this is a very decisive 10-13point win for Ball St and I'm being conservative with respect to CMU..This is not a TD game imo. Sure you can bring up that Ball St really hasn't been challenged this year so how will they do under pressure in a close game but I believe I got the better team with the better offense and the better defense. As I said, I haven't bet it yet because I see no point when floods of money is going to come in on CMU. Be careful for blindly betting this home team with no defense just because you have a 2x MAC defending champ and they are dogs. They are outclassed here and there is a change of power in the conference. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited:
Hunt - Thanks and as I said before, Health on this bet

Broadway - Thanks a lot buddy

enjoyable read ETG .. gl this week

want to sell some of your florida ticket ?

hahah Kyle and you will like this play

NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2):

Could go on and on about how I been willing to back NCST all year but keep this short. They've covered 7 of their last 8 games. I am a firm believer that UNC is overrated and shouldn't be ranked like they are, been saying that for a while now. NCST probably won't win this game but I don't think its over a TD score either. I think noon games tend to help the underdog as well. Russell Wilson continues to impress, his numbers might not always light up the scoreboard but he does not turn the ball over and you've got to love having a QB who protects the football. The 1-2 punch at RB continues to pound away. NCST is going to be a nice looking team next year and they've had to over come a lot of injuries to key starters, write that down in the back of your mind for next years off season.

E T G - You make a compelling case for Balls St. I hadn't gotten there just yet, but was leaning the other way. Thanks for your opinion.
Sure as hell do agree with you on the wolfpack.
GL:cheers:

completely agree with your thoughts on the direction of the NCSU program (as well as the game this week)...GL etg...

Pags - Thanks, really feel NCST is going to be a program to mess with in the ACC next year if they regroup from all of those injuries in the off season. They are getting their young guys a lot of experience this year, they are playing hard, and they are improving week by week.

I am def. playing Ball St tonight, I am just waiting for the best possible line. One game I will lock in now though, Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2), thoughts on it later but don't think GT option will be effective with Shaw at QB.

Line coming down, 6 is easy to get now, dont think it will go back to Ball St before kickoff.

Will probably bet this one at 6:59.

Line coming down, 6 is easy to get now, dont think it will go back to Ball St before kickoff.

Will probably bet this one at 6:59.

I see a -6-109 at pinnacle.

Greek is still at -6.5 and thats my book, I don't think I will get 5.5 tonight so I might lock in -6 right away

Im just waiting it out, but keeping my eyes open....

I have pinny at -6 -109 and MB at -6 -107 right now...

I think it will get better before it gets worse.

I got -6.5 +105 at MB

I hate pinnacle these days - they are basically unusable at crunch time - everything times out.

NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2):

Could go on and on about how I been willing to back NCST all year but keep this short. They've covered 7 of their last 8 games. I am a firm believer that UNC is overrated and shouldn't be ranked like they are, been saying that for a while now. NCST probably won't win this game but I don't think its over a TD score either. I think noon games tend to help the underdog as well. Russell Wilson continues to impress, his numbers might not always light up the scoreboard but he does not turn the ball over and you've got to love having a QB who protects the football. The 1-2 punch at RB continues to pound away. NCST is going to be a nice looking team next year and they've had to over come a lot of injuries to key starters, write that down in the back of your mind for next years off season.

Was hoping you would be on them. If not I was going to tell you to take a strong look at them. You continue to impress me with your knowledge of State and glad you take into account the 60+ games starters have no missed on our team. This will be a close one and look for State to possibly pull the upset.

I am def. playing Ball St tonight, I am just waiting for the best possible line. One game I will lock in now though, Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2), thoughts on it later but don't think GT option will be effective with Shaw at QB.

Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2):

Nesbitt is game time decision with the ankle injury. How hurt he is versus how effective he can be is all speculation at this point. I as a UM backer would like to see Shaw try to carry the load here. I have to think Nesbitt is going to be constantly hit all night if Miami plays assingment football. 2 starting tackles for Tech are also out, Miami is improving as the year goes on, going to be a hard fought, physical, and low scoring game here. Like this as long as I was getting more than a field goal. Think this game could go either way

Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2):

Nesbitt is game time decision with the ankle injury. How hurt he is versus how effective he can be is all speculation at this point. I as a UM backer would like to see Shaw try to carry the load here. I have to think Nesbitt is going to be constantly hit all night if Miami plays assingment football. 2 starting tackles for Tech are also out, Miami is improving as the year goes on, going to be a hard fought, physical, and low scoring game here. Like this as long as I was getting more than a field goal. Think this game could go either way
:hang:

just badly capped game. Congrats to those GT backers. Dwyer is a monster. Nesbitt looked fine. Miami over pursues all night, was physically pounded by GT, and their QBs are basura. Think that might of been my worst picks this year in terms of how it was never a game.

Have a few leans for the games 2night, likely a play or 2. Will update final card tonight/tomorrow morning, just have to make sure I don't get too drunk tonight, moderation

:hang:

just badly capped game. Congrats to those GT backers. Dwyer is a monster. Nesbitt looked fine. Miami over pursues all night, was physically pounded by GT, and their QBs are basura. Think that might of been my worst picks this year in terms of how it was never a game.

Have a few leans for the games 2night, likely a play or 2. Will update final card tonight/tomorrow morning, just have to make sure I don't get too drunk tonight, moderation

Don't beat yourself over this loss. Allot of great cappers saw this the same way. Miami is back, and postition to position, Miami is a better team. They are just young. You will the next three years to redeem your $ from this one. Get back to work and make it up this weekend. Enjoy your threads. Keep up the good work. Your thought on the baby bills would be appreciated. Will Gill get er' dun?

E.T.G.-same boat, dude. totally whiffed on that one and i made a descent play on it. and took a side with the under. uggg. what are your leans tonight?

thanks guys, gota be quick here. I'm going to stay on the Buffalo train, In Drew Willy and Jame Starks, I trust.............BUFFALO +4 (2.2 to win 2)

on the run,

Ole Miss +3.5 (2.2 to win 2)
ClemSUX-2.5 (2.2 to win 2)
NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2)

Possilbe I get involved with some late games

NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2):

This looks like a game that could come down to the last possesion. So, the points look good. I agree that they shouldn't have been ranked that high, but they are a decent team. They are good at stopping the run. But, it seems like they play down to their competition. They could've (or should've) won every game that they lost.

UNC coming off a loss, and going against a rival. So, they should be fired up at home, needing to win to keep the ACC championship game hopes alive.

Good luck, I'm still undecided about this one.

Thanks, for all the SC thoughts.

:cheers:

This looks like a game that could come down to the last possesion. So, the points look good. I agree that they shouldn't have been ranked that high, but they are a decent team. They are good at stopping the run. But, it seems like they play down to their competition. They could've (or should've) won every game that they lost.

UNC coming off a loss, and going against a rival. So, they should be fired up at home, needing to win to keep the ACC championship game hopes alive.

Good luck, I'm still undecided about this one.

Thanks, for all the SC thoughts.

:cheers:

Thanks for the thoughts. Few quick comments here. I've seen quite a few people say something like UNC is "8 points from being undefeated" and such and its easy to only see 1 side of this. Does everyone forget that ND should of beat them in their own stadium and almost overcame 5 turnovers and still won the game when UNC didn't turn it over ONCE?! They escaped Miami with a last second win in a game Miami blew. So for their 3 games lost by 8 points, there is also 2 wins by 8 points they could of and maybe should of lost.

Updated Card:

BALLS -6 (2.2 to win 2)
Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2)
BUFFALO +4 (2.2 to win 2)

NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2)

BYU +7 (2.2 to win 2)

Still trying to decide on Vandy, Arkansas, Akron

Updated Card:

BALLS -6 (2.2 to win 2)
Miami +3.5 (2.2 to win 2)
BUFFALO +4 (2.2 to win 2)
NCST +11 (2.2 to win 2)
BYU +7 (2.2 to win 2)

Akron -2 (2.2 to win 2)

Some night games I may just watch from the sidelines or get involved with if I'm still sober

Back