Week #13 of CFB (11/18-11/23)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 90-82-4, +0.87 units

Had a so-so week twelve, going 5-7. Good news was that i hit 4 of 5 big plays (oregon, oregon st, texas, and nd...but not okie lite) while losing the majority of my smaller plays (like kentucky, georgia, wisky, etc)...so the damage was minimal (basically the juice). Anyways, i'm short on time and energy...so just gonna get into the new week, and leave it at that.

Tuesday, 11/18

- no play -
(had a small action play on northern illy, after BAR gave me a call this afternoon about the game...but not posted, so not counted.)

Wednesday, 11/19

Ball St/C Michigan over 54.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

Thursday, 11/20

- no play -
(was leaning georgia tech...but with nesbitt questionable/hobbled, it's definitely a no play for me now against the canes.)

Friday, 11/21

- no play -

Saturday, 11/22

Texas Tech (+7) over Oklahoma (-110) for 1.5 units L
Texas Tech ML (+225) for a 1/2 unit
L

Mississippi (+4) over LSU (-110) for 1 unit
W

Boise St (-5.5) over Nevada (-110) for 1 unit
W

New Mexico St (+7) over Louisiana Tech (-110) for 1 unit
W

Tulsa 1H (-16.5) over Tulane (-110) for 1 unit
W

Stanford/California under 53 (-110) for 1 unit T

Washington/Washington St under 49.5 (-110) for 1 unit
W

Oregon St/Arizona under 57 (-110) for 1 unit
W

Arkansas (-1) over Mississippi St (-110) for 1 unit
L

Sunday, 11/23

- no play -
(have absolutely zero interest in this game, considering how both of these big east teams have been playing. plus, it's niffel day.)

More to come over the remainder of the week. More additions, for sure...and hopefully some small write-ups on these plays/games as well. Depends how the week goes...and what kind of time i have available.

Anyhow, GL to all this rivalry week. :tiphat:

Last edited:
posted my 1st five plays of the week. testy st/cmu over, texas tech, ole miss, boise, and nmst.

but briefly on the weds nite game...

would love to see Ball St lose here. but honestly, i'd need a +10 to even consider backing CMU...because of their defense, or lack thereof.
with LeFevour, i have no doubt CMU will be able to put up points of their own. at least 24 to 28, imo...against a pretty good ball st defense. that said...i watched the entire game last week against no illy. and seeing that horrible CMU pass defense in action, giving up yards and points left & right in the 2nd half...well, i just don't see how the Chips can keep Davis and the Cards from throwing up at least 38 to 42 points of their own.
anyways, that's why i'm on the weds nite hova. two very capable offenses...and one fairly capable defense, on the road though. there were 96 pts scored in last year's matchup of these 2 teams/these 2 QBs. obviously don't expect a repeat of that #...but between 62 and 70 is very attainable, imo...and i'm prolly being a bit conservative with that estimation as well.

be back tomorrow nite with more... :tiphat:

as BAR said, nice early grab with the total there. Interesting slate of games you got Yanks, gl this week and what do you think bout the offer to Sabathia?

those are the most gratifying wins .....

but numbers don't matter ............ yeah right.

Thats what sucks. He told me about this yesterday and I got lazy about and lost by 1.5 points. Still cannot believe this thing rose so much today...some places had a 5-6 point rise.

Thats what sucks. He told me about this yesterday and I got lazy about and lost by 1.5 points. Still cannot believe this thing rose so much today...some places had a 5-6 point rise.

saw it at 59.5/60 before kickoff

GL yanks...

ty, pags. same to you, bro. :shake:

Great grab on the total even though it was stressful.

ty...and yes, it sure was. made up for getting the absolute worst of the line on that tamu/baylor over last week.

:cheers:

as BAR said, nice early grab with the total there. Interesting slate of games you got Yanks, gl this week and what do you think bout the offer to Sabathia?

thx, etg :shake:
i both like it and don't like it...if that makes sense. the yanks have a ton of freed up money to spend. so i like it in that regard....since if you're gonna spend it, spend it wisely...and CC is a #1. better him than aj or lowe, not to mention a pavano-type waste.
don't like it on another level, only cuz i think it's a bit much for CC.

lol, they certainly do. :cheers:

anyways, not sure why testicle st played so conservatively most of the game. went away from their strength...and cmu's weakness...and tried to run the ball too much. at least until they figured out that when they threw the ball, they scored. but take away the cautious shit...and they really should've put up another td or so in that game...just as cmu shoulda put up another 6 pts in missed fgs too.

well, 4 weds nite additions. actually played these at the office earlier today.

Tulsa 1H (-16.5)
Stanford/Cal u53
UW/Wazzou u 49.5
Oregon St/Zona u57

tulsa's gonna take out a can of whoop ass on tulane this weekend. and since tulane can't throw the ball, tulsa's pathetic defense won't get too torched. if the game line drops to 27.5, i'll prolly add that too.

stanford/cal always play unders. 2 very good defenses in this no cal rivalry, and the cards love to run it.

2 of the absolute most pathetic offenses in the country face off in their rivarly game. defenses aren't great either...but at least they try on that side of the ball, at times. but barring a few pick sixes &/or special teams scores...there's no way these offenses can put up this many points, even on a HS team.

was really torn on the beaver/zona game. half of me wants to pound oregon st, thinking they'll run at will on zona...and that on defense, they'll get to tuitama fairly easily. but the other half of me likes zona in this spot, even though the beavs absolutely have dominated them historically. owned, may be a better word. just one of those home spots, like against usc, where i think zona actually plays very well.
all that said, i do like the under here a lot. of the L10 meetings, only once have they reached this # of 57 pts. two pretty good defenses, overall, in what should be a slugfest of a game.

anyhow, that's it for now. hopefully bob will move some shit in my favor tomorrow.

:tiphat:

one final (fri nite) addition...

almost added a few more...namely psu, utah, and purdue...but had the will power to abstain.
think bob's spot on with psu and utah...and that both games get ugly for the road dogs. think bob's wrong on indiana...but couldn't lay the pts, just the same.

anyways, the one i did add...

Arkansas (-1) for a unit

razorbacks are off a bye. they've been on the improvement for a while...and they're definitely on the mend, getting healthier, with the extra time off.
but take away that brutal 3 game stretch...bama, texas, florida...#1, 3, & 4 in 3 straight weeks...and it hasn't been all that bad of a 1st season for petrino.
messy st's in a big time sandwich spot, for them...with this game falling between Bama and Ole Miss.
anyhow, think arkansas wins this one by 7+ tomorrow.

almost added a few more...namely psu, utah, and purdue...but had the will power to abstain.
think bob's spot on with psu and utah...and that both games get ugly for the road dogs. think bob's wrong on indiana...

kicking myself for not playing these leans.

but was sitting at 7-1-1 on the day...at least until the texas tech embarrassment. that was bad...

anyways, 7-3-1 for the week...3.75 units to the good...so despite how wrong i was on tx tech, and what i left on the table, it was still a good week.

2 weeks left...then time to go bowling. :tiphat:

Back