Week 11 What Are We Learning

Some thoughts from perusing the box scores:

Whatever was ailing the Niners a few weeks ago has been resolved. Purdy with a perfect passer rating. Incredible is the fact that only FIVE skill players touched the football: CMAC, Mitchell, Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk. That's all. The average team usually has 9-10 guys with at least a touch, some even more. The Red Commander Skins had TWELVE guys touch the ball and lost by two scores at home to the one-tooth Giants. It goes into that "playing to win" mentality vs so many teams with their "watch me be a coach" style. Play to win = use your best guy, especially when it counts.

The Steelers only had seven guys touch the ball, as did the Browns. The Steelers had first and 10 at the Browns 40 with 5 minutes left, a tie game, and all the momentum. Pickett throws incomplete, Najee loses 5 running wide, and then they finally went one too many times to their best player Warren to try to create yet another 15 yards out of a dump and run. He gains two. They get it back again at their 30, 1:42 left, still tied. Pickett misfires 3 straight times to Johnson, takes only 14 seconds off the clock. DTR makes four plays to get the Browns in FG range and the rest is history. Warren had 60% of the Steelers offense that game yet he only touches it once in their last two possessions. I said last week the Steelers play to win.....not the case this week.

The Titans ran 38 plays, which I think is the season low. Will Levis threw two TDs and had a 148 passer rating. King Henry had a respectable 3.8 yards per carry. Levis had a fumble on their second drive at the Jags 38 and then took a sack on their 3rd drive to knock them out of field goal range. This game could've played out very differently if he didn't have those early issues.

The Cowboys win looked a lot more like the early season routs than the recent stretch of red hot offensive games. The offense sputtered at times and the defense stepped up and filled the void. Another week of prep against the Red Commander Skins and then they can try to build their resume and playoff chops against five playoff caliber teams.

The Bears played a perfect game, showing they could compete with the Lions in their building and then giving it up late to keep their draft stock up. Running Fields is back! Lions didn't give up despite Goofing around for 55 minutes, which is to Campbell's credit. Still not sure how good they are.

Chargers moved the ball all day on Green Bay but a key fumble by Ekeler at the TWO kept it a back and forth game and we all know how the Chargers do in close games.

I think we're at that point in the season where Mike McDaniels shit is starting to get figured out by opposing defenses, although Tyreek is still freaking. Bummer of a day for us Achane holders. I thought Miami looked their most explosive when they combined Tyreek taking the lid off with sharp underneath work from the RBs. Ahmed did a little bit of that but he doesn't have the speed of Mostert or Achane to turn 5 yards into 50.

Stroud finally made those rookie mistakes that drive coaches nuts but the Texans still managed to get the win. We'll have to see if he's hitting a rookie wall or if his 3 picks were just a one-time thing. Gigantic game against Jacksonville remains tethered to the 1:00 pm spot Sunday on CBS and may get a smaller audience than Pitt/Cincy and the battle of bad QBs.

Seattle wasted a great chance to win with Kupp leaving the game early. Up 13-0 early and up 9 in the 4th qtr, really a bad loss with the Niners on deck.

I would've sworn going in that laying 1.5 with the Broncos was a better play than just taking the moneyline. I mean how often does a team win but fail to cover a 1.5 point spread? smh

Last edited:
How Brandon Staley still has a head coaching job is one of life’s greatest mysteries. As a Raiders fan I was born hating the Chargers and even I am starting to feel for Justin Herbert.

How Brandon Staley still has a head coaching job is one of life’s greatest mysteries. As a Raiders fan I was born hating the Chargers and even I am starting to feel for Justin Herbert.
I’m not gonna comment on every mention of Staley but I’ll do it one more time. It’s uncanny. Pissing away very very competent QB play. I’d love to know the real
Backdrop story about Sean Payton and the path to Denver…..if there was even a chance LA just didn’t want like the price then I hope they move the franchise again

Some thoughts from perusing the box scores:

Whatever was ailing the Niners a few weeks ago has been resolved. Purdy with a perfect passer rating. Incredible is the fact that only FIVE skill players touched the football: CMAC, Mitchell, Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk. That's all. The average team usually has 9-10 guys with at least a touch, some even more. The Red Commander Skins had TWELVE guys touch the ball and lost by two scores at home to the one-tooth Giants. It goes into that "playing to win" mentality vs so many teams with their "watch me be a coach" style. Play to win = use your best guy, especially when it counts.

The Steelers only had seven guys touch the ball, as did the Browns. The Steelers had first and 10 at the Browns 40 with 5 minutes left, a tie game, and all the momentum. Pickett throws incomplete, Najee loses 5 running wide, and then they finally went one too many times to their best player Warren to try to create yet another 15 yards out of a dump and run. He gains two. They get it back again at their 30, 1:42 left, still tied. Pickett misfires 3 straight times to Johnson, takes only 14 seconds off the clock. DTR makes four plays to get the Browns in FG range and the rest is history. Warren had 60% of the Steelers offense that game yet he only touches it once in their last two possessions. I said last week the Steelers play to win.....not the case this week.

The Titans ran 38 plays, which I think is the season low. Will Levis threw two TDs and had a 148 passer rating. King Henry had a respectable 3.8 yards per carry. Levis had a fumble on their second drive at the Jags 38 and then took a sack on their 3rd drive to knock them out of field goal range. This game could've played out very differently if he didn't have those early issues.

The Cowboys win looked a lot more like the early season routs than the recent stretch of red hot offensive games. The offense sputtered at times and the defense stepped up and filled the void. Another week of prep against the Red Commander Skins and then they can try to build their resume and playoff chops against five playoff caliber teams.

The Bears played a perfect game, showing they could compete with the Lions in their building and then giving it up late to keep their draft stock up. Running Fields is back! Lions didn't give up despite Goofing around for 55 minutes, which is to Campbell's credit. Still not sure how good they are.

Chargers moved the ball all day on Green Bay but a key fumble by Ekeler at the TWO kept it a back and forth game and we all know how the Chargers do in close games.

I think we're at that point in the season where Mike McDaniels shit is starting to get figured out by opposing defenses, although Tyreek is still freaking. Bummer of a day for us Achane holders. I thought Miami looked their most explosive when they combined Tyreek taking the lid off with sharp underneath work from the RBs. Ahmed did a little bit of that but he doesn't have the speed of Mostert or Achane to turn 5 yards into 50.

Stroud finally made those rookie mistakes that drive coaches nuts but the Texans still managed to get the win. We'll have to see if he's hitting a rookie wall or if his 3 picks were just a one-time thing. Gigantic game against Jacksonville remains tethered to the 1:00 pm spot Sunday on CBS and may get a smaller audience than Pitt/Cincy and the battle of bad QBs.

Seattle wasted a great chance to win with Kupp leaving the game early. Up 13-0 early and up 9 in the 4th qtr, really a bad loss with the Niners on deck.

I would've sworn going in that laying 1.5 with the Broncos was a better play than just taking the moneyline. I mean how often does a team win but fail to cover a 1.5 point spread? smh
Cowboys gotta be licking their chops…if it holds they get Saints at the Dome 1st round. That had to be preferable

I’m not gonna comment on every mention of Staley but I’ll do it one more time. It’s uncanny. Pissing away very very competent QB play. I’d love to know the real
Backdrop story about Sean Payton and the path to Denver…..if there was even a chance LA just didn’t want like the price then I hope they move the franchise again
Chargers are known for being as cheap as it gets. I am sure Payton would have preferred going there and coaching Herbert but the money just isn't there.

Rams have very little going on offensively. Refs controlled this game the entire game and it really effected the late drives by LA. I would recommend betting their game totals and team totals to go under. No team speed and a dinged up again Kupp is an issue. We have last years Jets OC so what does that tell ya. Very lucky win yesterday.

Last edited:
Just a quick note from a Raiders fan. They had every single reason in the world to get beat by two touchdowns yesterday. It did not happen. They actually had a couple of chances to tie that game very late. As a fan this was what I was hoping for. The Antonio Pierce effect is real. It has been a very long time since I have seen the Raiders play defense like they are right now. The offense is still a problem and AOC is learning on the job but the defense is coming to play. If they play this way for the rest of the season I think Davis has to hire Pierce for the long term.

Just a quick note from a Raiders fan. They had every single reason in the world to get beat by two touchdowns yesterday. It did not happen. They actually had a couple of chances to tie that game very late. As a fan this was what I was hoping for. The Antonio Pierce effect is real. It has been a very long time since I have seen the Raiders play defense like they are right now. The offense is still a problem and AOC is learning on the job but the defense is coming to play. If they play this way for the rest of the season I think Davis has to hire Pierce for the long term.
Yea I’m kinda on board too.

I see DraftKings still has the Bills at +2800, so I took a bite of that. I think the time is right to buy them - if they can navigate the remaining schedule and secure a playoff bid, why not them?

@ Eagles - short week for the Eagles
Bye
@ Chiefs - Off bye week
Cowboys
Chargers
Patriots
@ Dolphins

Good news is 4-1 in the first 5 should get them as shot at the division in Miami on Sunday night week 18.

Bad news is 4-2 is no guarantee, and if with that they will need some help from the Steelers, Texans, Jaguars, Browns and, if the turnover luck continues, the Broncos. With Burrow done, the Bengals are as well.

My Bills Mafia family members think the problem was all Dorsey and that it is fixed now :).

Kc isnt going to win anything with that wr group. Mahomes great but they drop so many key passes. Kelce still very good but looks a tad slower.

Chiefs offense continues to struggle. Only Kelce seems in sync with Mahomes off-script plays. Their shot play guy MVS has stunk. Their other shot play guy Skyy Moore is non-existent. Watson is a serviceable backup TE but any contact at all and he can't make the catch. Toney looked electric but he's your father's Jaguar, going to end up in the shop soon. Thought Rice might get a bye week bump but he's still only seeing quick screens and short hitches. Pacheco has some juice but this is still a passing team as long as Mahomes is on the field. Under 5 yards per attempt......Mahomes through for less yards on more attempts against Philly than Zach freaking Wilson.

Philly/KC starts a run of super fun, meaningful QB matchups heading into the Week 18 all-divisional game schedule:

Week 12 - Buffalo at Philly & Jacksonville at Houston (Baltimore at Chargers also fun but Chargers are probably done)
Week 13 - Niners at Philly
Week 14 - Buffalo at KC & Philly at Dallas
Week 15 - Dallas at Buffalo & Baltimore at Jacksonville
Week 16 - Dallas at Miami & Baltimore at Niners
Week 17 - Detroit at Dallas & Miami at Baltimore

We are starting to see the lack of talented wide receivers play out in KC. You can not continue to let great wide receivers (Hill) or even good wide receivers Ju Ju walk away. Yes Mahomes is generational and can put the ball on any old receivers hands. Those receivers still need to deliver though. I have watched the Chiefs time and time again this year struggle when teams put bracket coverage on Kelce. Either guys are not getting open or guys are flat dropping the ball as we saw last night.

Did they win the sb with this same group of wr? Not sure who left or was added. Watching the game i thought kc was the better team. Mahomes endzone pick and Kelce fumble probably 14 points and little flukey. In a nutshell i agree too IF the wr catch the ball. Seems its been a problem all season so far so might be big if. But i like the kc defense alot.

Did they win the sb with this same group of wr? Not sure who left or was added. Watching the game i thought kc was the better team. Mahomes endzone pick and Kelce fumble probably 14 points and little flukey. In a nutshell i agree too IF the wr catch the ball. Seems its been a problem all season so far so might be big if. But i like the kc defense alot.
Easily the best KC defense of the Reid era.

KC definitely looked like the better team to me. Hurts couldn’t move the ball for 3/4 of the game. Flukey turnovers and then the MVS drop cost them 14+ pts and ultimately the game. The weather didn’t help the KC wrs.

Back